Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,061 members, 7,883,682 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? (37907 Views)

Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media / Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmmm interesting thread........well whatever people think, the ultimate decision to post pix or not lies with couple.......one thing sha, if you have a hawt wife as long as she goes out and other people see her, she will be complimented on her looks...If the man cant handle it then its better u don't marry a hawt woman.

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan: I dont get it. what's the problem here?
That some men are ok with their wives putting up photos on facebook for the benefit of their friends and family who might wish to remain in contact?

As long as it is not an x-rated foto who cares? It seems to me that some men, despite the false veneer of open-mindedness, are just closet caveman/dictators, who any rational woman seeking peace and joy in her home should avoid at all costs. this is how spousal abuse starts... you're not married yet and you are worried about what other married women post on FB? Are they your wives? did their husbands tell you to be their personal bodyguard? na wa o.

correct post
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
math-diva:
Hmmm interesting thread........well whatever people think, the ultimate decision to post pix or not lies with couple.......one thing sha, if you have a hawt wife as long as she goes out and other people see her, she will be complimented on her looks...If the man cant handle it then its better u don't marry a hawt woman.

...what he said.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
@Mac,I salute your courage.
J beljeve pictures posted on social networks should be decent,whether posted by men or women. Raunchy and suggestive postures are inappropriate to me!
On the other hand I would not constitute myself into an internet policeman if other dudes do not care about the kind of pictures their wives post on the net. Whatever rocks or sinks your Titanic.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by simo2rule(m): 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

This is one of the reasons I started this thread. I want to know if married woman consciously prevent themselves from posting photos that for all intent and purposes may be deemed "sexy". The reason I ask is they would then get comments like, "looking good", "fine girl", "fine mama", "looking cute and sexy". It does make me wonder if a married woman should be doing such? Personally, I believe it opens doors that should be closed especially as a married woman.

If it is a single lady, you could probably say she is being exuberant, seeking attention, looking for a husband etc. But for a married woman, these things shouldn't apply or come into play at all.

I am sure most husbands wouldn't appreciate such.

This sud apply to married men too
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by phemi01(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
queensmith: My mother was asking me what exactly my problem with Nigerian men is, I responded with 'even if he is the nicest guy, he seems perfect, handles all his issues right, is open, is honest blah blah- there isn't a day he won't come out with bulshit that will make me divorce him in a split second'

This topic is a prime example- the op may be the most innocent, polite nicest man or whatever, but his mentality and his views are 1st world sickening. Does marriage=bondage?

is putting your photos on a website simply a means to attract attention? You never heard of sharing? I guess you also believe your wife shouldnt have male or unmarried friends and if they are they should be ugly and or crippled.

Nigerian men are inherently insecure, the insecurity is translated into all sorts of nonsense standards to be upheld. Its nothing but hogwash and bulsh*t

Potential Single mother in the making!
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
Op
You are not married and you are drinking panadol for married men.
The married people have come on here to say their spouses have no issues and yet you are still looking for a way to discredit them.
You should listen and learn sometimes cos you don't know it all,infact the intricacies of marriage you don't know cos you have zilch experience.
I don't know if it's on purpose or whether it:s your style of writing but you come off as condescending and ITK and it's rather off putting.
Look how you are saying that later the so called liberated women will come and cry foul and you won't have sympathy.That's a bit cocky.Who told you that your sympathy counts or changes the price of garri in the market?
Some humility would do you some good oga.
Look now how you have changed the meaning of your post 1 million times based on technicalities  instead of agreeing that the posts contrary to your views are as valid as your opinion.
I had to look at debriefs thread where you were busy insinuating all sorts of things and predicting trouble instead of acknowledging her husband is a good man,thank God she spoke out.
Not all men think like you and some actually enjoy living liberated lives with their liberated wives.

4 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Duxe(f): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mere words cnt explain d shock i am going thru rt now @ dis post/poster n all his responses! Lawd av mercy!

Papa God please, wen d time comes, may u not allow me fall in2 d hands of a caveman(cos obviously we still av them arnd in d 21st century!)! N this has added 2 my list of prayer points-not funny!

Posts like these r very discouraging..but thank God for d few MEN here who think otherwise! So marriage is still worth considering! There is Hope!!

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Mbuko91(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
ileobatojo: I'm sorry I'm only on the second page but I'm wondering if you all have found out the troll who hacked Maclatunji's account..
its his alter ego,la bobo la wisdom
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
Posting with a phone,SORRY for the lack of paragraphs and punctuation
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by umra8901(f): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
This kind of thinking scares the crap out of me and gives me the chills. *shudders* cry
Na wa o. shocked

God please help me marry a man who loves me show me off (not that I'm a trophy), trusts me and is secure enough to let me post pictures of my prettyful self on fb in Jesus name. Amen.

Mehn, prayer points are seriously changing now...
DAYUM!!!
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Mbuko91(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
henrysam:
I always wonder why women always fight for freedom. Is it all about this? Exposing, flaunting bodies. I wonder o. Look at the way most of them argued as if their lives depends on it. No wonder it is said, anything a woman does well is by mistake cos it is from bad and selfish mind she did it.
its obvious you are catwalking on cloud 'ignominy'....

3 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Hahaha, he is still here. You are just seeing another side of him. I can be very blunt and sometimes take no prisoners. Do you have any idea of the number of women who their husbands are maltreating just because of the theme of this thread but don't have a clue? People like harping on "Freedom" whilst they become prisoners everyday as a result of this same "Freedom" O. If you are a married woman, be more circumspect about what you post and share. Your husband may pretend as if he is "cool with it" but deep down he is saying "Girl! You should know better."

I don't post to be popular, I post that which I think is right. Your right to agree or disagree. #Simple

Let me get this straight... did you just justify abusing your wife because of what she posts and shares on FB? shocked Nah i'm sure you were just joking.

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Efemena_xy: Mac please stop doing this to yourself.

You're looking really bad here. Self centered, conservative, myopic & stuck-up is the impression / image you're portraying.

Whatever happened to our level headed, fun loving, co-writer? embarassed

he never existed. those of us who have had to deal with him on the islamic page come here from time to time to shake our head at the completely duplicitous character he plays here.

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Mbuko91(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

The same kinds of men that will marry the women ever-so-quick to attack my posts.
i tink its berra than being gay and pretending to be conservative! Get a life niqqa...you have issues pls.sort em out

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan:

What promises? Where did that come into play here?

Spousal abuse starts when a man feels he should control every minute detail of a woman's life. See, you have a problem and i think its one you should address quickly before you drag another man's daughter down here one day seeking divorce. You pretend a lot... you try too hard to come across as an open-minded polite fellow but to be honest... i would prefer to give my daughter to a man like sagamite than you. For all his bluster here, i can guarantee he will treat his woman with the respect and freedom she deserves as a full and equal partner in the relationship. If you are worried about another man's wife's pictures on FB enough to make a front page thread about it, i wonder if your wife would even be allowed a FB page at all! Would you even allow her to walk out of the home without a face veil?

This thread is ridiculous... a marriage is a partnership and your wife is every much as free as you to express herself in her home and outside knowing full well that her husband will have her back anytime any day. A woman has a lot to worry about... you want to add censorship of her FB page to it too? Na wa o.

Cute idealism. Check-out the traffic, I agree this thread is "ridiculous".
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by umra8901(f): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan:

Let me get this straight... did you just justify abusing your wife because of what she posts and shares on FB? shocked Nah i'm sure you were just joking.

Do you have any idea of the number of women who their husbands are maltreating just because of the theme of this thread but don't have a clue? People like harping on "Freedom" whilst they become prisoners everyday as a result of this same "Freedom" O.

OMG I just re-read that and woah. This dude needs to stop talking biko. Ejo, ni tori Olorun. Kai! shocked
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan:

he never existed. those of us who have had to deal with him on the islamic page come here from time to time to shake our head at the completely duplicitous character he plays here.

LOL, suspended after-effects of 'troll management'.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan:

No, but it happens
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Cute idealism. Check-out the traffic, I agree this thread is "ridiculous".

Get off your high horse. Its not idealism... my brother's wife owns and controls her own FB page in perfect freedom. As a married woman she is mindful of how and what she posts but she is not under the thumb of my brother and they have a very happy marriage. My fiancee put pictures of her own volition on her FB page... no stress, i even go there sef and congratulate myself on a catch well made.

See, not all men fuss about irrelevancies like you. cover hair, check FB page, watch what you say blah blah blah... your wife to be has already gotten that policing from her father and doesnt need it from you. If she cant be free to be herself as your wife then God help her. The other post where you justified maltreating a wife for not being circumspect about what she says just blew out all the respect i ever grudgingly held for you. You are an example of the type of craven hypocrite most women should stay away from. You sound great in public, but a complete tyrant on the inside.

4 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, suspended after-effects of 'troll management'.

yawn. dude who cares? Deols, lagosboy etc on the islamic pages all had the exact same contempt for you... are they trolls too?

4 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by tpia5: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
coogar:

tpia, you have come again with your backward reasoning ---
what makes you more decent than a woman who loves to show some skin?

do you consider yourself more decent than this guy:

https://www.nairaland.com/1015646/swedish-mothers-rage-against-balcony#11770596

why or why not?

plz answer.

I'm waiting, thanks.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by umra8901(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji: Who is she trying to impress? I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?

You remind me of one of those men who come on here to post that since they got married to their wives, they don't look after themselves anymore, they don't dress attractively because if you say that a married woman should not post pictures of her looking pretty and all, then in other words, she shouldn't dress pretty and attractively because she is not going to post pictures of what she doesn't wear is she?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by tpia5: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
@ topic

as long as the women in question arent posing half n.aked as if they're searching for customers in italy, then I dont think its a big deal.

some women look good no matter how they pose- they're just photogenic like that and cant really help being attractive.

but i agree- if the pictures are attracting unwanted and unsolicited attention from randy males, then care is needed eg blocking such males and preventing them from accessing your photos.

I personally wouldnt like checking folks out on facebook and seeing them looking unwell, nasty, etc. It makes me worried because I'll feel something is wrong.

you dont have to be super beautiful but at least you shouldnt look worse than your normal appearance. Hope I'm making sense?

but all in all, it depends on the individual. Some people dont have a problem with it, while others do.

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by mellow(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Please, folks lets not blame the OP, He asked a question and if you know the answer fine but if you don't then jumb am pass. Everything with disadvantages has an advantage. you will never satisfy anyone. if you are over dress they call you names and if you are under dress the same thing applies. but everybody both male and female should dress decently. As for posting you pix on a social media we should remember first and foremost that we were once single before beem married and if my wife post her pix on a social media so what unlees she exposes herself? which is bad married or unmarried. Please, lets us all bear in mind that marrige is not bondage and if you don't trust your spouse then you don't trust her.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Cheiii.

In 2010, My mom at almost 60yrs opened a facebk profile and she posts her picture on it.

maybe she has been hooking up with men there?

Mo gbe.!!!

3 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
dayokanu: Cheiii.

In 2010, My mom at almost 60yrs opened a facebk profile and she posts her picture on it.

maybe she has been hooking up with men there?

Mo gbe.!!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by tpia5: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
well, watch her abi you think all these young guys searching for sugar mummy, are joking?

you dont want coogar as your stepdaddy?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by phemi01(m): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
The truth is bitter! Alota gals are so bitter about the post. Save ur fucking marriages that's if u gals will be able to keep 1. What sexy pix are u posting on FB n which nonsense family n friends wants to see ur body. Many of d gals here will end up being single mothers. Them too lyk AMU!
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Pffft.

Men hit on me even I am wearing baggy pants and no make up with a big t-shirt.

Duh.

Men would hit on you even in the morgue

A man is being prosecuted for having sex with a corpse, sex with violently mutilated or damaged bodies, sex with dozens of bodies.
Kenneth Douglas had been working at a Cincinnati morgue for 16 years. He is also being accused of having sex with the body of a woman who was six months pregnant when she was killed.
The woman's disturbed family was shocked to find that she couldnt even have peace in death.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/crime_scene/2009/02/man-has-sex-with-dozens-of-corpses.html#storylink=cpy

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by debosky(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
davidylan:

Get off your high horse.

Symptom #4 of Messianic Hallucinations - always placing themselves on an imaginary high horse. grin

You are an example of the type of craven hypocrite most women should stay away from. You sound great in public, but a complete tyrant on the inside.

Symptom #5 of Messianic Hallucinations - they exhibit sings multiple personality disorder - they want to appear great on the outside but are neanderthals on the inside. grin

No problem, I acknowledge that I can be very confusing at times.

Symptom #6 - they are always sounding confusing - a secondary symptom emanating from symptom #5. grin

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by debosky(m): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
dayokanu:

Duh.

Men would hit on you even in the morgue

Na lie jo - that woman was acting in a way to 'attract intimate attention' to herself. #maclatunjisaidso

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Crushed 4 Days To Her Wedding In Abuja / Obituary Poster Of Emeka Nnatuanya, Man Set Ablaze By Wife In Kano / I Slept On A Snake On My Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.