Stats: 3,187,902 members, 7,933,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:07 AM

Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment (9268 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Abia Lifts Embargo On Employment (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Afam4eva(m): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2012
It's only in Nigeria that ultimatums are given for employment. Na by force? I hope when they eventually get employed they don't give ultimatums for them to be promoted to a managerial position.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by member479760: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2012
excondido: na by force...what if dem no qualify?

What did you mean by what if dem no qualify? from cleaner to office worker - jobs dey for demall! if no jobs pay dem equivalent every month.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2012
It is very necessary to empower the indigenous communities. The reason being that they have lost their sources of livelihood; they have lost their farmlands, portable water sources, clean air and other health hazards, they men even lose their women and girls to the wealthy employees of these companies. Also worthy of note is that the cost of living goes up due to presence of oil staff who pay higher. This is an insider's view. If there are indigenes who are qualified for the job, they should be the first to be considered. If peaceful approach fails, then the communities have the right to seek alternative compensation from the Oil companies via violent means, because they have no means of getting Abuja where the oil money is shared. I support this initiative as far as no lives are lost during the process.

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Whether you envious goats like it or not,the crude is under our land and we must benefit from our God giving natural resource whether yoruba or hausa people like it or not,i am a Geologist 4rm an oil producing community in Bayelsa state,currently on my Nysc,believe it or not if chevron dosnt employ me,they will leave my community,who is kidding who??its only in Nigeria that qualifield people 4rm host communities of mineral resource will be roaming about jobless while parasites will be the ones benefitting,atyms i wonder if all these parasites will still be screaming 1 Nigeria if just 10% of the crude oil deposit in my community is found in Abeokuta or Sokoto...whether una like am or not,qualified Ijaw youths must be employed or we will make Niger Delta uncomfortable for every multinational company......we have done it b4 and we will gladly do it again....aaaaah Izon!!!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2012
Billyonaire: It is very necessary to empower the indigenous communities. The reason being that they have lost their sources of livelihood; they have lost their farmlands, portable water sources, clean air and other health hazards, they men even lose their women and girls to the wealthy employees of these companies. Also worthy of note is that the cost of living goes up due to presence of oil staff who pay higher. This is an insider's view. If there are indigenes who are qualified for the job, they should be the first to be considered. If peaceful approach fails, then the communities have the right to seek alternative compensation from the Oil companies via violent means, because they have no means of getting Abuja where the oil money is shared. I support this initiative as far as no lives are lost during the process.
thank you for taking pains to explain to these iron skulls that dosnt know what it feels like to have their only source of drinking water contaminated,their source of income destroyed,people in my community can no longer breathe clean air because of the activities of these oil companies then when we ask for our right they want to treat us like bunch of beggers,it will be fire for fire O
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by gegee(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
dadicvila: Whether you envious goats like it or not,the crude is under our land and we must benefit from our God giving natural resource whether yoruba or hausa people like it or not,i am a Geologist 4rm an oil producing community in Bayelsa state,currently on my Nysc,believe it or not if chevron dosnt employ me,they will leave my community,who is kidding who??its only in Nigeria that qualifield people 4rm host communities of mineral resource will be roaming about jobless while parasites will be the ones benefitting,atyms i wonder if all these parasites will still be screaming 1 Nigeria if just 10% of the crude oil deposit in my community is found in Abeokuta or Sokoto...whether una like am or not,qualified Ijaw youths must be employed or we will make Niger Delta uncomfortable for every multinational company......we have done it b4 and we will gladly do it again....aaaaah Izon!!!

YAA !!

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
abeg make we see the letter make we laugh
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by lacasa: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
Once a dirty militant always a dirty militant grin
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Sagamite(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
Products of a failed education system.

Chevron should employ these kinds of cretins my arse!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Benito69(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Am in support, offer them employment according to their qualifications. Secondary School Leavers should man the gates, Bsc holders occupy the logistics while Masters holders should occupy managerial positions...#BENITO
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by flexyonline: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
Did anyone bother to ask Chevron if they have any vacancy? Or is it employment for employment sake? Or that they should sack their current workers and employ these guys? Which is which?
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Desola(f): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
Is it any wonder why Chevron is jittery? Given the ijaw number one citizen's antecedent in Nigeria, it comes as no surprise that they refuse to recruit an Ijaw indigene. They are all dunces! As expressed by Jonathan, having a degree does not equate to having common sense or any iota of intelligence.

I'm just saying.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by manny4life(m): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
By fire by force grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by femooo: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

Loollllllllllll
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dwag: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
Bt watta bleep happen to training............ cnl can always train them to suit whichever position or work they want dem to do.....cnl abeg give them chance jor!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by TalkingBird: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
flexyonline: Did anyone bother to ask Chevron if they have any vacancy? Or is it employment for employment sake? Or that they should sack their current workers and employ these guys? Which is which?

Please check recruitment news you will see that they are and have been employing.
I have a friend working with CNL now, he got only through similar community request and today he is doing well in the industry.
Enough of this robbing Peter to pay Paul. Hire them simple.
Lets show some love by empathizing with them.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by jigawatts(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
nzenze2:

kettle calling pot black... grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by jayho01: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is appalling how members of a certain community feel it is their exclusive right to everything within their environs. Coercing an International Oil company, or even any other organization, foreign or local, into employing graduate youths from "the community", citing high unemployment rate as the reason, is absurd!! If all communities in some more developed states in Nigeria i.e Lagos, were to do same, i wonder what would become of the unlucky but intelligent and deserving job seekers in the country.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by turl(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
you have my support! these a-holes steal from us without contributing back to the society while the fat cats here in the west enjoy the profit. they even get their kids employed from here and take them back home to acquire high positions while the communities that have to suffer the consequences of these operations are living in poverty. if the government won't do anything, appoint a leader and come up with a systematic process to destabilise the whole operation with as little violence as necessary.

In some countries, multi-nationals are required to sign deals that force them to give qualified indigens priority when it comes to employment, why should it be different for you? If you don't ask for what is yours, people will use you, smile, pat your head and call you 'good boy' while you are dying in poverty.

Stand up and take what is yours!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dwag: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola: Is it any wonder why Chevron is jittery? Given the ijaw number one citizen's antecedent in Nigeria, it comes as no surprise that they refuse to recruit an Ijaw indigene. They are all dunces! As expressed by Jonathan, having a degree does not equate to having common sense or any iota of intelligence.

I'm just saying.
.....do u ve a problem in stayin alone.......i m jst sayin
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by kolaxy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
excondido: na by force...what if dem no qualify?

They are not qualify but their land is qualify to be 'destroyed' all in the name of oil exploration by chevron.

They're making billions of $$$s everyday while these youths suffer in the midst of plenty.

Is it not better for chevron to keep them busy than for them to become militants,kidnappers,armed robbers etc.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
deandavid: damas watin b ur own? Na their fault say God no bless ur community? As far as those host communities are concern, they signd a mou to employ 60% of qualified graduates from the host communities. So wats d na by force? Yes na by force or u pack 4rm my land. Simple. Ekpan graduates are even coming very soon to demand their own.
my states is the worst where you have Exxonmoblil employing youruba ppl instead of us...but we just keeping trying to simmer down ..
2ndly,pls any of you from south south know if Total has finally shortlisted this year Indiqene employement as my brother submited His Cv(though strictly for Geoloqy,financial control and Engineering qraduates)...since last may,haven't heard anything from that angle since
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Seconded!enough of this injustice...
Exxonmobil is one of the worst in my LGA...
Them qet luck i didnt study Geology like ma elder brother who qot 4.33 as his final G.P yet he is yet to qet any job yet..apparently,am waiting to see how it qoes since Exxonmobil has called him for appt test this saturday in uyo..
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
lacasa: Once a dirty militant always a dirty militant grin
you can say anything you quys wanna...we dont qive a flying f****k..It's our Oil....we demand our right anyhow we want it...
*Talk to my left finger*

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola: Is it any wonder why Chevron is jittery? Given the ijaw number one citizen's antecedent in Nigeria, it comes as no surprise that they refuse to recruit an Ijaw indigene. They are all dunces! As expressed by Jonathan, having a degree does not equate to having common sense or any iota of intelligence.

I'm just saying.
must you insult my president at any qiven lee way...why can't you just allow him rest @desola...qive him a break.....He is your president...so live with it!!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by noholdsbarred(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Must everyone become militant before anything can be received or achieved in this country?
I don't blame them sha! There's nothing that's transparent in this country.
Even if you pass their aptitude test or interview, they'll still give it to the people they want to.
What a country!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Desola(f): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donalð Genes:
must you insult my president at any qiven lee way...why can't you just allow him rest @desola...qive him a break.....He is your president...so live with it!!

That he is my president as a result of mentally incapacitated majority does not mean I should also tow the line of idiocy and act in goat like manner. Jonathan is a waste of space and a shame to Nigeria and any past president in any given geographical location in the world. He is the worst of the retarded bunch and anything/anyone that comes from his region is a replica of him.

If his wife is said to be a graduate, yet speak in such uncouth and unguarded manner with a terrible command of the English language and still be made a permanent secretary. Is it any wonder why Chevron would refuse to employ even a phd or doctorate holder from that creek? Those people don't go to school, they buy their certificates!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Desola(f): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
Donalð Genes:
my states is the worst where you have Exxonmoblil employing youruba ppl instead of us...but we just keeping trying to simmer down ..
2ndly,pls any of you from south south know if Total has finally shortlisted this year Indiqene employement as my brother submited His Cv(though strictly for Geoloqy,financial control and Engineering qraduates)...since last may,haven't heard anything from that angle since

but Yorubas are light years ahead of you in intelligence and administration. You should know that by now.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
Like what you saying..you tooo much..In short where u@ imma buy you a drink
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by texazzpete(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
Billyonaire: It is very necessary to empower the indigenous communities. The reason being that they have lost their sources of livelihood; they have lost their farmlands, portable water sources, clean air and other health hazards, they men even lose their women and girls to the wealthy employees of these companies. Also worthy of note is that the cost of living goes up due to presence of oil staff who pay higher. This is an insider's view. If there are indigenes who are qualified for the job, they should be the first to be considered. If peaceful approach fails, then the communities have the right to seek alternative compensation from the Oil companies via violent means, because they have no means of getting Abuja where the oil money is shared. I support this initiative as far as no lives are lost during the process.

dadicvila: thank you for taking pains to explain to these iron skulls that dosnt know what it feels like to have their only source of drinking water contaminated,their source of income destroyed,people in my community can no longer breathe clean air because of the activities of these oil companies then when we ask for our right they want to treat us like bunch of beggers,it will be fire for fire O

The voice of dullards.

The companies have a moral right to empower the communities through sustainable development and they should employ qualified graduates from the areas of operation where they find them, but the operative word is QUALIFIED! Empty heads like you think the only qualification you need is just being a graduate...and that's wrong. There are regular recruitment processes and companies can rightly be strongly asked to favor candidates from areas of operation for employment...but only if they meet the complete employment criteria.

I wonder why the GEJ/PDP worshipper Billyonaire is not exhorting the NNPC to carry out these employments. The NNPC takes the lion share of all the Oil and Gas proceeds in Nigeria...yet these folks never seem to have any eyes for anything apart from the IOCs. Imagine someone making a reference to 'Abuja where the money is shared'. What happened to the billions handed to the NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta affairs? Are these not shared in the Niger Delta? What happened to the 13% derivation fund or the massive sums the state Governments levy as taxes from the IOCs? Is that in Abuja too? What happened to the hundreds of millions of Naira given to the Local Government Chairmen?

The Niger Delta will NEVER develop as long as you folks continue worshipping the rogues in the State and local governments, in the NDDC and the Niger Delta ministry that consume the money meant for you. Instead of continuing this cycle of blaming all the IOCs (who are not the Government you voted into power!), why not stop kissing the butts of the likes of Timi Alaibe et al and demand for accountability?

But that takes courage, doesn't it? Not the false courage that has doped up youths seizing oil platforms but the true courage that will make you condemn loudly when misguided fellows laud looters like Alams.

PS: Don't you think the N50billion Alams stole could have solved the problems of these communities?

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by gegee(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

That he is my president as a result of mentally incapacitated majority does not mean I should also tow the line of idiocy and act in goat like manner. Jonathan is a waste of space and a shame to Nigeria and any past president in any given geographical location in the world. He is the worst of the retarded bunch and anything/anyone that comes from his region is a replica of him.

If his wife is said to be a graduate, yet speak in such uncouth and unguarded manner with a terrible command of the English language and still be made a permanent secretary. Is it any wonder why Chevron would refuse to employ even a phd or doctorate holder from that creek? Those people don't go to school, they buy their certificates!

make una no worry the boys go soon return to the creeks we'll take our oil make una go chop una good english

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

but Yorubas are light years ahead of you in intelligence and administration. You should know that by now.

Hahahhahahahaha!! Intelliqent my foot....you quys are day dreaming for real....
Thank God i was opportuned to be posted to Oyo state@Saki East LGA..mehn! I couldn't believe yoruba peeps are the exact contrast of what i have always bin maðe to believe that you peeps are brainy....i was dumbfounded......nonetheless,i taught chemisty and Biology,can you believe we corpers had this biq problem of conversing with yoruba students even an SSS 3 STUDENT can't spell father,,yuck!! Iwas coerce to teach English lang' as well ...to speak simple english was something akin to climbing mountain there..,when i enter class,you will see them frowning face with me simply b'cos they know i can't speak yoruba,...it was outta gibberish....i was even forced to have an interpreter in the class 'cos they hate english esp' corpers who weren't from yoruba speaking states.....but am challenging you to roll down my south-south and come see the difference between the yoruba's and the southerners......even my 9 yr old cousin would embarass you with qood impeccable command of english......i challenqe you Desola........
I ain't blabbing...i swear yoruba are really unlearned peprs have ever seen

Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? / Nigerian Police: A Brutal Reality - Oke Umurhohwo / Bashir Salihi Magashi: Nigeria To Beef Up Border To Avoid Chadian Influx

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90