Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,477 members, 7,937,402 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment (9269 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Abia Lifts Embargo On Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

but Yorubas are light years ahead of you in intelligence and administration. You should know that by now.

Hahahhahahahaha!! Intelliqent my foot....you quys are day dreaming for real....
Thank God i was opportuned to be posted to Oyo state@Saki East LGA..mehn! I couldn't believe yoruba peeps are the exact contrast of what i have always bin maðe to believe that you peeps are brainy....i was dumbfounded......nonetheless,i taught chemisty and Biology,can you believe we corpers had this biq problem of conversing with yoruba students even an SSS 3 STUDENT can't spell father,,yuck!! Iwas coerce to teach English lang' as well ...to speak simple english was something akin to climbing mountain there..,when i enter class,you will see them frowning face with me simply b'cos they know i can't speak yoruba,...it was outta gibberish....i was even forced to have an interpreter in the class 'cos they hate english esp' corpers who weren't from yoruba speaking states.....but am challenging you to roll down my south-south and come see the difference between the yoruba's and the southerners......even my 9 yr old cousin would embarass you with qood impeccable command of english......i challenqe you Desola........
I ain't blabbing...i swear yoruba are really unlearned peprs have ever seen
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

but Yorubas are light years ahead of you in intelligence and administration. You should know that by now.

Hahahhahahahaha!! Intelliqent my foot....you quys are day dreaming for real....
Thank God i was opportuned to be posted to Oyo state@Saki East LGA..mehn! I couldn't believe yoruba peeps are the exact contrast of what i have always bin maðe to believe that you peeps are brainy....i was dumbfounded......nonetheless,i taught chemisty and Biology,can you believe we corpers had this biq problem of conversing with yoruba students even an SSS 3 STUDENT can't spell ''father'' yuck!! Apparently,I was coerceð to teach English lang' as well ...to speak simple english was something akin to climbing mountain there..,when i enter class,you will see them frowning face with me simply b'cos they know i can't speak yoruba,...it was outta gibberish....i was even forced to have an interpreter in the class 'cos they hate english esp' corpers who weren't from yoruba speaking states.....but am challenging you to roll down my south-south and come see the difference between the yoruba's and the southerner's......even my 9 yr old cousin would embarass you with qood impeccable command of english......i challenqeð you Desola........
I ain't blabbing...i swear yoruba are really unlearned peeps have ever seen
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by modath(f): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
TalkingBird: I think all International Ooil Companies's (IOC's) should learn from Total E & P Nigeria (TEPNG) the operators of OML-58 amongst others. Recently the symbiotic relationship between Total and a host community came to the fore. On Friday, June 22, 2012 a new Memoranda od Understanding (MoUs)that will last for 5 years was signed between Total and Egi Oil & Gas Families/Communities and Total and Egi Clan.
The new agreements deals with the following issues:
Infrastructure development
Skills development
Scholarships
Employment
Agriculture

Total has worked with its host communities such that the communities eg Egi clan is on the path of sustainable development (SD).
Total is worthy of emulation by other IOC's

Enough of high handedness and the divide and rule tactics of some of these IOC's in the Delta, learn from Total

The EMPLOYMENT part of your story is falsehood!!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

That he is my president as a result of mentally incapacitated majority does not mean I should also tow the line of idiocy and act in goat like manner. Jonathan is a waste of space and a shame to Nigeria and any past president in any given geographical location in the world. He is the worst of the retarded bunch and anything/anyone that comes from his region is a replica of him.

If his wife is said to be a graduate, yet speak in such uncouth and unguarded manner with a terrible command of the English language and still be made a permanent secretary. Is it any wonder why Chevron would refuse to employ even a phd or doctorate holder from that creek? Those people don't go to school, they buy their certificates!
ohh common? Stop being cheesy Desola, You know that you are unctuously wrong in your naive assertion....qet your record straight!!
You tryna use Gej's wife as a yard stick right............yes her Command of english is somehow questionable,ain't no doubt about that but she is trying in relative to the way you peeps speak.............mind ya..i ain't cocky but confiðence
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by xcitedjay(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
agaz08: this people must b senseless.na chevron send dem go sch.so i should start forcing all companies in my area to employ me.

You are the only senseless one, spilling the content of your brain without thinking.

If you like go and force the drivers that passes your street to give you conductor work to do.

Giving the indigenes job is the very least they could do, considering what they make from the region and the immeasurable damages done to the life of indigene living there and their environment
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

are you kidding me...stop yabbing him nah........maybe it's a typoqraphical isssh!
you know what am saying''
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by xcitedjay(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sagamite: Products of a failed education system.

Chevron should employ these kinds of cretins my arse!

Coming from an educated illiterate. Your only educational achievement is that you know how to construct a sentence that contains 'cretins' and 'arse'
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by muktarmtt(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
miteolu: They even try not like the abokis (hausas) that fail to know the different between their left & right
u most b stupid we knw our left nd ryt daz y we don blackmail or treatin any body to employ us, u act lyk animals only animals can do dis wat a shame na by force try it govrm go luck u all wit sily village leaders dat sport u animals mtsw.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by DonaldGenes(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
worldman: i m from the west u can check my profile i m a fresh graduate i did my N.Y.S.C 2010 immediatly i passed out i got a secured job wit ENI AGIP you think say every body na empty fork like u
dont mind him jor........
Just do your thing okay....i just followed you now!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by miteolu(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
muktar mtt: u most b stupid we knw our left nd ryt daz y we don blackmail or treatin any body to employ us, u act lyk animals only animals can do dis wat a shame na by force try it govrm go luck u all wit sily village leaders dat sport u animals mtsw.

forward your shame to your elders
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Desola:

God punish U,Bushpig
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by TalkingBird: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
modath:

The EMPLOYMENT part of your story is falsehood!!

Well if you agreed on the rest let me take you on your area of concern.
Do you have a contrary opinion? Pls state it.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by HammedSodiqq: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is normal that host communities where companies are sited employ indigenes to compensate them for damages that may be incurred. Though violence will not be recommended, Chevron should be advised to revisit their employment policy, to allow for admission of indigenes.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by TalkingBird: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
HammedSodiqq: It is normal that host communities where companies are sited employ indigenes to compensate them for damages that may be incurred. Though violence will not be recommended, Chevron should be advised to revisit their employment policy, to allow for admission of indigenes.

Well said. That is what justice demands.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
texazzpete:

The voice of dullards.

The companies have a moral right to empower the communities through sustainable development and they should employ qualified graduates from the areas of operation where they find them, but the operative word is QUALIFIED! Empty heads like you think the only qualification you need is just being a graduate...and that's wrong. There are regular recruitment processes and companies can rightly be strongly asked to favor candidates from areas of operation for employment...but only if they meet the complete employment criteria.

I wonder why the GEJ/PDP worshipper Billyonaire is not exhorting the NNPC to carry out these employments. The NNPC takes the lion share of all the Oil and Gas proceeds in Nigeria...yet these folks never seem to have any eyes for anything apart from the IOCs. Imagine someone making a reference to 'Abuja where the money is shared'. What happened to the billions handed to the NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta affairs? Are these not shared in the Niger Delta? What happened to the 13% derivation fund or the massive sums the state Governments levy as taxes from the IOCs? Is that in Abuja too? What happened to the hundreds of millions of Naira given to the Local Government Chairmen?

The Niger Delta will NEVER develop as long as you folks continue worshipping the rogues in the State and local governments, in the NDDC and the Niger Delta ministry that consume the money meant for you. Instead of continuing this cycle of blaming all the IOCs (who are not the Government you voted into power!), why not stop kissing the butts of the likes of Timi Alaibe et al and demand for accountability?

But that takes courage, doesn't it? Not the false courage that has doped up youths seizing oil platforms but the true courage that will make you condemn loudly when misguided fellows laud looters like Alams.

PS: Don't you think the N50billion Alams stole could have solved the problems of these communities?
your stupidity is quite frightening,for your information there are thousands of qualified youths in the south,we can replace the yoruba and hausa parasites in the multinational companies and still have thousands of well qualified south south youths unemployed so i wonder where you got that idea that south south people are not duly qualified for these jobs,thats why we must correct this grave injustice through dialogue or whatever means neccessary and why not stop being intentional stup*d we are not talking about the 13% derivation or the money giving to ND ministry&NDDC that ends up being shared among few people,we are talking of employment for qualified graduates from oil producing communities which is the responsibility of those companies undertaking the actual mining of the crude so NNPC dosnt come in here,id*ots like you just twist facts for their pleasure and to drive home falsehood,even at that the 13% derivation is our right,the money givig to NDDC is also our right,getting employment from multinational companies operating in our communities is also our right,if you are not comfortable with it start exporting cocoa or groundnut or whatever solid mineral you find in your community lets see how far,senseless parasite
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Navalsadiq(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Murons weh dem know their right and left why una dey complain na.aboki no get sense but them rule una for over how many years.if una leaders get sense dem for don turn south to a place better dan uk na.una dey look for money weh una go take go drink and club.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by deandavid(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
texazzpete:

The voice of dullards.

The companies have a moral right to empower the communities through sustainable development and they should employ qualified graduates from the areas of operation where they find them, but the operative word is QUALIFIED! Empty heads like you think the only qualification you need is just being a graduate...and that's wrong. There are regular recruitment processes and companies can rightly be strongly asked to favor candidates from areas of operation for employment...but only if they meet the complete employment criteria.

I wonder why the GEJ/PDP worshipper Billyonaire is not exhorting the NNPC to carry out these employments. The NNPC takes the lion share of all the Oil and Gas proceeds in Nigeria...yet these folks never seem to have any eyes for anything apart from the IOCs. Imagine someone making a reference to 'Abuja where the money is shared'. What happened to the billions handed to the NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta affairs? Are these not shared in the Niger Delta? What happened to the 13% derivation fund or the massive sums the state Governments levy as taxes from the IOCs? Is that in Abuja too? What happened to the hundreds of millions of Naira given to the Local Government Chairmen?

The Niger Delta will NEVER develop as long as you folks continue worshipping the rogues in the State and local governments, in the NDDC and the Niger Delta ministry that consume the money meant for you. Instead of continuing this cycle of blaming all the IOCs (who are not the Government you voted into power!), why not stop kissing the butts of the likes of Timi Alaibe et al and demand for accountability?

But that takes courage, doesn't it? Not the false courage that has doped up youths seizing oil platforms but the true courage that will make you condemn loudly when misguided fellows laud looters like Alams.

PS: Don't you think the N50billion Alams stole could have solved the problems of these communities?
my guy u dy drm, dy signd d fu ckin agreement. I have seen ssce holder working and living large in chevron. Dy must employ,na my oyel. Abi na ur papa own?
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by deandavid(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
Naval sadiq: Murons weh dem know their right and left why una dey complain na.aboki no get sense but them rule una for over how many years.if una leaders get sense dem for don turn south to a place better dan uk na.una dey look for money weh una go take go drink and club.
yes u forget to fu ck ashawo 2, jealousy go kill una
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by softtouch2(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chevron has employed more ijaws from Gbaramatu Kingdom and ijaws from Segana, Fish-Town more than any Oil company in the last 6yrs!
Not to talk of Itsekiri and Urohobos from Delta State. Even more of Gas-to-Liquid project contracts were executed by this same people.
I just wonder why some people will gather themselves together to blackmail the company. Shell, Mobil and Total has not employed the number of Niger Deltans as employed by CNL since 2004.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
deandavid: yes u forget to fu ck ashawo 2, jealousy go kill una
and also to eat KKF,if e dey pain them make them drink petrol,jealousy people
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by deandavid(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
soft-touch:
Chevron has employed more ijaws from Gbaramatu Kingdom and ijaws from Segana, Fish-Town more than any Oil company in the last 6yrs!
Not to talk of Itsekiri and Urohobos from Delta State. Even more of Gas-to-Liquid project contracts were executed by this same people.
I just wonder why some people will gather themselves together to blackmail the company. Shell, Mobil and Total has not employed the number of Niger Deltans as employed by CNL since 2004.
how did u knw, u dy work 4 thr? Let me tell u, most yoruba nd hausa people u see working with chevron are working with people's name, niger deltans that are supose 2 b working there are usually robbed. But this time we go block that gate, notin go happen. Na our oyel.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Lawalemi(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chevron is an equal employer of labor with employment based on merit to sustain the business. Therefore, the niger delta sentiment shouldn't erode this policy.
Beside, once employed, they are in the habit of intimidating management of IOC
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by donoti(m): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
By fire by force. Hope diz will nt start war Oº°˚˚°º°˚˚°˚˚h
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lawalemi: Chevron is an equal employer of labor with employment based on merit to sustain the business. Therefore, the niger delta sentiment shouldn't erode this policy.
Beside, once employed, they are in the habit of intimidating management of IOC
based on merit abi?all the aboki's in the army are there based on merit abi?people like you dont get it,these are graduates not ex militant,let it sink...if our Godgiving resource is good for national cake then graduates from oil producing communities should be fu*king gud for employment,the nation is surviving because of and solely depend on the damn crude oil,the civil war was fought because of the damn oil,let it sink mister
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Chyz2: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
ROTFLMAO! It's funny but I can't help but support this. They are absolutely right for doing this! Kudos to the graduates cool
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dwag: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dont mind those dickheads they jst say poo without knowing wats up......thumbs up nd guyz...back off haters.....
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by musiwa5: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by franksunny(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Each time i go through NL, i wonder if some people think before commenting. If you truly know the Nigeria we are into, then i guess you can imagine what makes the community to turn on
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by EBERENASAM(m): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ur paléé der. Na by force. Do u knw hw cum d oil in dat area? Dat means every body must force d company around them 4 employment. Nonsense! Find something and do 4 ur self jor, instead of smoking wid every time.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Meristem: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

grin grin cheesy

[size=18pt]LWKMD[/size]
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
EBERENASAM: Ur paléé der. Na by force. Do u knw hw cum d oil in dat area? Dat means every body must force d company around them 4 employment. Nonsense! Find something and do 4 ur self jor, instead of smoking wid every time.
mumu,u wey know how come the oil tell us O!we no need know,wetin we know how e dey destroy our farms and pollute our rivers and kill our fishes and we also know say as long as we qualify if the oil company no give us the job heavy wahala go dey,shey i don break am down to ur level??coz i know say simpleton na ur surname
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by dadicvila(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
musiwa5: there is nothing call the Gbaramatu kingdom in warri. 100% of warri is own by itsekiri people.

if you look at this video, you see that all of the house are mostly new houses.. and they army destroy them.. they were encroaching on itsekiri land.

Goodluck is the one who is funding them at the moment. i saw on television he rebuilt the place on itsekiriland. i hear goodluck is also relocating many ijaw people to itseriki.

I personally have nothing in anybody living anywhere they want to live in nigeria, but claiming ownership. that is what is wrong and that is what lead to many crisis in nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZxgpECoXk
anoda little itsekiri boy at it again,why do u people always look for trouble knowing fully well you kant handle the aftermath??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Killed Mom In Ogun State yesterday Is Igbo / Buhari Travels To Jordan To Discuss Terrorism / Lagos State APC HAS NOT Suspended Anybody!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.