Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,305 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30286 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by 2mch(m): 1:59am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:

you are talking like a kid, seceding does not end in waging war ooh ? you can comfortably win a war on secession and nobody will recognize you-

look at many nations today that have successfully won their won and seceded without recognition - infact they are more or less worse off.

abkazia
south ossesana
Transylvania
somaliland
kodostand
kurdistan

Ojukwu is very wise , he figured that out and wanted the yorubas to secede as well that way there will be a concrete grounds of secession- saying the parties/ or at lest over 2/3 of the country dont want to be together anymore.

Ok. Keep grasping at straws. This thread has blown the whole Biafran fallacy to shreds. When you don't have enough guns, food or shelter for your own people. You suddenly realise the people in the west going about their lives normally need your help. I would have thought it would be the Igbo's needing help in this case. This strategy is wise to you? It is the sheep that followed Ojukwu I pity. Not even my father can convince me with your points. And I trust him more than I trust myself.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tadysmart(m): 1:59am On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG: This is a real question and I want to get the perspective of NLanders. Every time, Ibo claims that they were betrayed when there's no proof of such but just Goebbelian propaganda they heard. However, when Yoruba soldier like Lt. Col. Victor Banjo, a competent soldier in all ramifications, decided to lead the so called Baifara expeditionary force, Ibo don't shout betrayal, WHY?? I love and respect every part of Nigeria and yes, I have been everywhere with my ibo chics but I just want to know! Please no bashing and let us learn together!

As in... [size=30pt]WHY??[/size]

Can't you allow the gallant Igbos to rest. Not too long it was revealed that yorubas joined the north to fight the war because they yorubas are cowards. Go lick your wound allow the Igbos to be. Simply accept the fact that you yorubas are cowards.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 2:00am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:
if ojukwu hadnt declared a secession or acted in a dignifying manner there would have been a coup againt him- dont forget ifeanjunwa and co - who purported the first coup were still around - those guys were terror and felt humiliated by the hausas for killing Igbo.........blah blah blah - u shd know the rest.

See this display of insanity by the Igbos.

Ifeajuna felt humiliated because hausas killed his people? What does he expect Hausas to feel when he killed their own people in January 15 1966?

Thats the problem with Igbos they think they are the smart ones and others are fools.

Kill other leaders and tell us yours escaped.

Send your troops to SW and tell them you were liberating them

Declare war and expect your enemy to still feed you

Kill others but when they kill you in return you shout genocide

No wonder they turned you all to cockroaches vs Raid contest

Senseless mor0ns

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 2:17am On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

See this display of insanity by the Igbos.

Ifeajuna felt humiliated because hausas killed his people? What does he expect Hausas to feel when he killed their own people in January 15 1966?

Thats the problem with Igbos they think they are the smart ones and others are fools.

Kill other leaders and tell us yours escaped.

Send your troops to SW and tell them you were liberating them

Declare war and expect your enemy to still feed you

Kill others but when they kill you in return you shout genocide

No wonder they turned you all to cockroaches vs Raid contest

Senseless mor0ns

Daykano,

could you point a single yoruba man kill on banjos march to ore? No cause it was a liberating force.

yes, a few men of igbo extraction kills corrupt leaders whom they though were holding the country down. Remb these igbo dont hold any office in igboland , neither were they leaders in any shape or form. just the mere fact they are from igbo.

so if i may ask, does it mean as diya plotted the coup to over throw abacha, had he in the process killed Abacha would that mean yorubas killing hausa leaders ?
and hence a justification to commit genocide against innocent children and women ? pls answer me.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 2:32am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: yes, a few men of igbo extraction kills corrupt leaders whom they though were holding the country down. Remb these igbo dont hold any office in igboland , neither were they leaders in any shape or form. just the mere fact they are from igbo.

so if i may ask, does it mean as diya plotted the coup to over throw abacha, had he in the process killed Abacha would that mean yorubas killing hausa leaders ?
and hence a justification to commit genocide against innocent children and women ? pls answer me.
If some Yoruba soldiers killed Hausa politicians, And a Yoruba man became president and didnt prosecute them then the Hausa have a right to react anyhow and kill Yorubas like they want.

Go and read about what caused the First World war

Archduke Ferdinand was killed in Sarajevo by ordinary miscreants The Austian-Hungarian leaders held the whole Serbia responsible and war broke out which led to the death of million.

Thats where you Igbos get smarter than yourself. So its only Non Ibo Politicians who were corrupt and needed to be killed?

It was only non Igbo politicians that were holding the country down?

Genocide against women and children? Thats why I insist there is a daft gene in Igbos generally. Do you think war is PS3 or mortal Kombat?

Ita war and people die. If the useless peadophilic coward who led you to war didnt think women and children would be victims then he should be fed to pigs. Go and check how many women and children were killed in WW1, Go and read what Soviet soldiers did to German women and children in WW2. Go and read the fate of Iraqi and Afghan women and chilren. Go and read about women and children in Vietnam.

You wanted war, they gave it to you and you are now complaining they were too hard. Are you not ashamed of your lineage of mor0ns?

13 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 2:40am On Aug 16, 2012
2012, look around you and let us who is holding the country down , my good friend dayokanu ?

igbo man ? far from it.

this scenario we have now is what we have had since 1900. then fewer heads

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 2:58am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: 2012, look around you and let us who is holding the country down , my good friend dayokanu ?

igbo man ? far from it.

this scenario we have now is what we have had since 1900. then fewer heads

who is holding the country down?

everyone

Yoruba, hausa Ibo, Ijaw, isoko, Fulani, Berom, Efik everyone

Its the moronic tendencies of Igbos that would make dem think its one person or group thats holding the country down. Or why havent your eastern caves turned to New York or Dubai, why does every healthy Igbo man still run away to the North or west?

That the same reason na him make dem say na only non Igbo politicans dey corrupt in 1967

Do you now realize that daftness is a genetic trait of Igbos? Most ibos are dolts and reason with their arse

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 4:18am On Aug 16, 2012
tadysmart:

So you have being screwing Igbo chics,next time I will place magu there becareful.

LOL...you funny oo grin grin How man for do when them too loff me and the thing they sweet them! grin grin cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Caseless: 5:09am On Aug 16, 2012
Crisis brew btw yoruba and d n'digbo wt dz thread. Bros, almost 3 milion i heard died in d name of biafra. So na only col. Banjo name u fit remember? SMH

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

who is holding the country down?

everyone

Yoruba, hausa Ibo, Ijaw, isoko, Fulani, Berom, Efik everyone

Its the moronic tendencies of Igbos that would make dem think its one person or group thats holding the country down. Or why havent your eastern caves turned to New York or Dubai, why does every healthy Igbo man still run away to the North or west?

That the same reason na him make dem say na only non Igbo politicans dey corrupt in 1967

Do you now realize that daftness is a genetic trait of Igbos? Most ibos are dolts and reason with their arse

why is Igboland not like dubai ? forgotten 20 pounds saga ? after the civil war every igbo with millions and billions in their bank accounts were robbed of their money and were given a humiliating 20 pounds - so when you look and see igbo investment just know it were all from that 20 pounds.

Igbo with their natural God given ingenuity has managed to multiply that 20 pounds to millions now.

2) FG policies. as recent as the 80s , to buy a spare part in lagos one had to go to nnewi to buy it. nnewi was the autospare parts market of Africa.
Fg did everything to frustrate the igbos- close Portharcourt port at a point.

several raids on nnewi market to make the market un-conducive for business, while same time was expanding lagos port, building new markets in lagos etc.

3) Federal allocation- its on record the south est receives the smallest ratio among the different regions.

4) Nationalization of the federal establishment immediately after the war when the most igbo man had was the 20 pounds that was exchanged for their billions in banks.

5) How many igbos has been accused of massive fraud and embezzlement of the like Hausas and Yoruba perpetuate ? tinubus, and bankole, faruks, patricial ette, obj.

6)

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:

why is Igboland not like dubai ? forgotten 20 pounds saga ? after the civil war every igbo with millions and billions in their bank accounts were robbed of their money and were given a humiliating 20 pounds - so when you look and see igbo investment just know it were all from that 20 pounds.

Igbo with their natural God given ingenuity has managed to multiply that 20 pounds to millions now.

2) FG policies. as recent as the 80s , to buy a spare part in lagos one had to go to nnewi to buy it. nnewi was the autospare parts market of Africa.
Fg did everything to frustrate the igbos- close Portharcourt port at a point.

several raids on nnewi market to make the market un-conducive for business, while same time was expanding lagos port, building new markets in lagos etc.

3) Federal allocation- its on record the south est receives the smallest ratio among the different regions.

4) Nationalization of the federal establishment immediately after the war when the most igbo man had was the 20 pounds that was exchanged for their billions in banks.

5) How many igbos has been accused of massive fraud and embezzlement of the like Hausas and Yoruba perpetuate ? tinubus, and bankole, faruks, patricial ette, obj.

6)

But you are so off topic, open a different topic for these distractions. So you agree it is a convoluted world view held by a minority of self-centered ibos, albeit misguided and misdirected, that it is okay for Lt. Col. Banjo to lead an army against his own people and land in order to you own benefit and advantage but when another man protects his land and people like ojukwu it suddenly amounts to betrayal. This is what you should be addressing like a man - face the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:

Daykano,

could you point a single yoruba man kill on banjos march to ore? No cause it was a liberating force.

yes, a few men of igbo extraction kills corrupt leaders whom they though were holding the country down. Remb these igbo dont hold any office in igboland , neither were they leaders in any shape or form. just the mere fact they are from igbo.

Please why were these 'few' men celebrated for their blood thirsty venture by several igbo people all over Nigeria? why did Igbos taunt other tribes, release taunting music and t-shirts after these murderers kill prominent leaders of other tribes?
These actions of Igbos then makes all other tribes in Nigeria to believe that Igbos cannot be trusted as they are only concerned about themselves alone and their unquenching thirst to dominate other tribes in Nigeria.
Read a bit of history man! and read it without any form of prejudice.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2012
When jerry Rawlings kill ugly ones in Ghana did people not celebrate ? Yes they did . Just same way people celebrated in Nigeria when the ugly ones were kill hoping for a better day .

But unfortunately, the Islamist jihadist homo-sexu.al north and tribalist Yoruba saw it as politics .

The coup plotters were young enlighten men whom ha acquire foreign degree with a more open and broad understanding of how our nation shd b and strive for, hence their quest for immediate change.

I don't celebrate them mind u.

But the ugly ones need to "die" for the beautiful ones to be born.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: When jerry Rawlings kill ugly ones in Ghana did people not celebrate ? Yes they did . Just same way people celebrated in Nigeria when the ugly ones were kill hoping for a better day .

But unfortunately, the Islamist jihadist homo-sexu.al north and tribalist Yoruba saw it as politics .

The coup plotters were young enlighten men whom ha acquire foreign degree with a more open and broad understanding of how our nation shd b and strive foOr, hence their quest for immediate change.

So the ugly ones are the Yoruba and Hausa leaders?
You are an id!ot!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by T9ksy(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: When jerry Rawlings kill ugly ones in Ghana did people not celebrate ? Yes they did . Just same way people celebrated in Nigeria when the ugly ones were kill hoping for a better day .

The coup plotters were young enlighten men whom ha acquire foreign degree with a more open and broad understanding of how our nation shd b and strive for, hence their quest for immediate change.

Jerry rawlins wasn't ethnically selective when he decided to kill off the "ugly ones" in ghana.

And anyway, they do not come any uglier than zik, mr. pseudo-nationalist or the rattlesnake, okpara.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Tribalism... Tribalism ...Tribalism

Why did Ojukwu kill Banjo?
Even if the op where to get an honest answer, will he accept it? Will he not look at it as an excuse to exonerate a tribe from wrong doing?
Many of the answers the op seeks about the civil can be gotten from different accounts of those that were involved... some have written books about the genesis of the war(albeit from there own perspective), Some of the authors include Alexander Madiebo and Obasanjo(just to site a few).

As per Ojukwu leading his people to a war that killed over 3million people, I will like to ask the op what he would have done differently if he were confronted with the same situation Ojukwu was faced?

Let me paint a scenerio here...

Men from your tribe carried out a partial coup (killing of people from other ethnic groups). A counter coup was carried out six months later. After it seems that calm will return(as promised by different leaders at the time), the same ethnic group(NORTH) went ahead with a Genocide, killing women and children in their thousands.

A call was made for everyone to go back to his region, the East gave a safe passage to their Northern counterparts(even allowing the Northern soldiers to go back with their weapons), but the same gesture was not reciprocated.

As the millitary Governor of the eastern region, will the op sit down in the comfort of his office and allow the attrocities agains his people to continue?

Ojukwu was faced with an almost impossible situation... sit back and watch his people be sluttered or Call for a secession ? A secession is not really a call for war. So when the Federal forces decided to force the Igbo's back into the Union, without really addressing the fundamental issue of Safety for Lives and Property, did the op imagine that Ojukwu will in all good conscience allow his people to be "wiped off"?

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Dede1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG: This is a real question and I want to get the perspective of NLanders. Every time, Ibo claims that they were betrayed when there's no proof of such but just Goebbelian propaganda they heard. However, when Yoruba soldier like Lt. Col. Victor Banjo, a competent soldier in all ramifications, decided to lead the so called Baifara expeditionary force, Ibo don't shout betrayal, WHY?? I love and respect every part of Nigeria and yes, I have been everywhere with my ibo chics but I just want to know! Please no bashing and let us learn together!

As in... [size=30pt]WHY??[/size]

Cyberfool

I thought you were a competent fool. Above post had proven you are irredeemably foolish. Are you not the same jackass who claimed your NCO father allowed you to play with 1911 when you were 7-year old? I guess you will be toddler forever. When field commander derelicts on duty and such actions led to the loss of opportunity, materials or lives while the commander is leading a military offensive, the officer will be shot.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by T9ksy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:
Ojukwu was faced with an almost impossible situation... sit back and watch his people be sluttered or Call for a secession ? A secession is not really a call for war. So when the Federal forces decided to force the Igbo's back into the Union, without really addressing the fundamental issue of Safety for Lives and Property, did the op imagine that Ojukwu will in all good conscience allow his people to be "wiped off"?

So what did ojukwu do? Manipulated his people into fighting a losing battle costing millions of lives.

And then ojukwu legged it in tights and suspenders leaving his people at the mercy of the advancing federal troops.

Its a good thing that Gowon was magnanimous in victory and didn't "wiped out" the igbos as ojukwu had made them to believe.

I wouldn't bet my last penny on Ojukwu having a conscience, if his actions and rhetorics after his return from exile is anything to go by.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
T9ksy:

So what did ojukwu do? [b]Manip[/b]ulated his people into fighting a losing battle costing millions of lives.

And then ojukwu legged it in tights and suspenders leaving his people at the mercy of the advancing federal troops.

Its a good thing that Gowon was magnanimous in victory and didn't "wiped out" the igbos as ojukwu had made them to believe.

I wouldn't bet my last penny on Ojukwu having a conscience, if his actions and rhetorics after his return from exile is anything to go by.

Ojukwu did not need to manipulate his people. The Igbo's would never have allowed the Federal troops to "Force" them back into Nigeria. Of course you know that if Ojukwu did not take the lead, someone else might have... there was so much unrest in the land...

You do not bring war to my Door step and expect me not to react. At that time in Igbo land, majority of the people were fed up with the contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by T9ksy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

Ojukwu did not need to manipulate his people. The Igbo's would never have allowed the Federal troops to "Force" them back into Nigeria. Of course you know that if Ojukwu did not take the lead, someone else might have... there was so much unrest in the land...

You do not bring war to my Door step and expect me not to react. At that time in Igbo land, majority of the people were fed up with the contraption called Nigeria.

Ojukwu lied!!! He made his people believe that the hausa/fulani were all bent on exterminating all igbos.

There was no likelyhood of such an cccurance but his gullible people swallow his bunkum hook,line and the whole bloody sink.

Why couldn't the igbos have stayed in their region and refuse to bulge until the whole insecurity business was sorted out?

However, ojukwu convinced them that the hausa/fulani were going to follow them to the east to exterminate them.What a big lie!!

How i wish Ojukwu had allowed someonelse to take over the mantle from him, maybe that would have stop us going to war and the gratutious loss

of so many innocent lives from both sides. But hell no! It had to be ojukwu and no one else and when he phocked everything up, he left his people

at the mercy of the "genocidal federal troops" to leg it to abidjan................in search of peace!!!

Oh i see, so if someone brings his/her war to your doorstep, you instinctively respond?

So what's wrong in yorubas responding in their best interest when you igbos brought your war with the northerners, to our frontyard?

Bottomline is, you guys are smart but we yorubas are clever!!!

Igbos decided to fight the northerners who had been slaughtering their people like ramadan cows, on yorubaland and expect we yorubas to

stand akimbo saying that the war does not concern us even as our people, properties and land are being destroyed by the protagonists.

You know where the hausa/fulani region is, ojukwu should have sent his rag-tag army to their region and not to ours.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2012

And Thank God the ugly ones that were killed didnt go in vain.

They made sure 3million people suffered for it. Who lost at the ned of the day? Your senseless brothers killed 10 people

Your clan lost 3million people. Who lost? Aside from the killing, the malnutrition has als turned every Igbo man into daft being that they cant think straight

Senseless mor0ns. If your ill brought up soldiers couldnt find anyone in the tribe to kill , Benjamin Adekunle helped them to find it and he found 3m of them

Shoot at sight is what is befitting for roaches and ants

Anumpam

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
T9ksy:

Ojukwu lied!!! He made his people believe that the hausa/fulani were all bent on exterminating all igbos.

There was no likelyhood of such an cccurance but his gullible people swallow his bunkum hook,line and the whole bloody sink.

Why couldn't the igbos have stayed in their region and refuse to bulge until the whole insecurity business was sorted out?

However, ojukwu convinced them that the hausa/fulani were going to follow them to the east to exterminate them.What a big lie!!

How i wish Ojukwu had allowed someonelse to take over the mantle from him, maybe that would have stop us going to war and the gratutious loss

of so many innocent lives from both sides. But hell no! It had to be ojukwu and no one else and when he phocked everything up, he left his people

at the mercy of the "genocidal federal troops" to leg it to abidjan................in search of peace!!!

Oh i see, so if someone brings his/her war to your doorstep, you instinctively respond?

So what's wrong in yorubas responding in their best interest when you igbos brought your war with the northerners, to our frontyard?

Bottomline is, you guys are smart but we yorubas are clever!!!

Igbos decided to fight the northerners who had been slaughtering their people like ramadan cows, on yorubaland and expect we yorubas to

stand akimbo saying that the war does not concern us even as our people, properties and land are being destroyed by the protagonists.

You know where the hausa/fulani region is, ojukwu should have sent his rag-tag army to their region and not to ours.

My dear we can go back and forth all we want, but the truth was that after the July counter coup, the Northerners have no justifiable reason to continue with the Genocidal killings.
Please, you can read up the available literatures on Nigerian Civil war and you will get some of these facts straight.

Ojukwu did not need to convince the Igbo's that the Federal troops(Mainly Northerners) were bent on killing more igbos. Those that managed to escape the "Pogrom" were living witnesses to the horrors meted out to the Igbos. Even if another man had taken over, there was no way that Man will fold his hands and watch the killings of his people going on... on a massive scale.

The war was more or less, a fight for "self preservation" of a Ethnic group... in this case the Igbos. With or without Ojukwu, the war will still have been fought, since the Northerners were hell bent on killing a particular tribe even after having gotten their revenge of a counter coup
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by BlackPikiN(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

And Thank God the ugly ones that were killed didnt go in vain.

They made sure 3million people suffered for it. Who lost at the ned of the day? Your senseless brothers killed 10 people

Your clan lost 3million people. Who lost? Aside from the killing, the malnutrition has als turned every Igbo man into daft being that they cant think straight

Senseless mor0ns. If your ill brought up soldiers couldnt find anyone in the tribe to kill , Benjamin Adekunle helped them to find it and he found 3m of them

Shoot at sight is what is befitting for roaches and ants

Anumpam

After that show me the progress your region and your masters up north made?
What are the achivements from your region except grand corruption, mass assassination and thievry?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by BlackPikiN(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
tunnytox:

Please why were these 'few' men celebrated for their blood thirsty venture by several igbo people all over Nigeria? why did Igbos taunt other tribes, release taunting music and t-shirts after these murderers kill prominent leaders of other tribes?
These actions of Igbos then makes all other tribes in Nigeria to believe that Igbos cannot be trusted as they are only concerned about themselves alone and their unquenching thirst to dominate other tribes in Nigeria.
Read a bit of history man! and read it without any form of prejudice.

Don't lie!!
There's a video of that coup.
Everybody celebrated in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by omayyi: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

After that show me the progress your region and your masters up north made?
What are the achivements from your region except grand corruption, mass assassination and thievry?
inconsequential.
Main point is you kill the sons and daughters of others don't expect yours to be spared...end of
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
caseless: Crisis brew btw yoruba and d n'digbo wt dz thread. Bros, almost 3 milion i heard died in d name of biafra. So na only col. Banjo name u fit remember? SMH

You didn't understand what this discussion exposes the double standard, outright falsehood and propaganda-pregnancy of ibos and not the number of victims of the war. Read it again and look at the arguments being made, it's really easy to see that.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Don't lie!!
There's a video of that coup.
Everybody celebrated in Nigeria.

You're the liar here, the video merely shows some Lagosians 'celebrating' what they think will bring an end to the political mayhem. However, many Igbos living in the north continue a daily humiliation and taunting of northerners, this was the major turning point. The northerners feel insulted and decided to retaliate. This had nothing to do with Yorubas, the only prominent Yoruba leader killed was Akintola and since opinion about him were divided some celebrated his killing while some mourned. But in the case of the North Sadauna was their supreme leader so killing him and leaving other Igbo leaders is nothing but an act if war.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
tunnytox:

You're the liar here, the video merely shows some parts of Lagosians 'celebrating' what they think will bring an end to the political mayhem. However, many Igbos living in the north continue a daily humiliation and taunting of northerners, this was the major turning point. The northerners feel insulted and decided to retaliate. This had nothing to do with Yorubas, the only prominent Yoruba leader killed was Akintola and since opinion about him were divided some celebrated his killing while some mourned. But in the case of the North Sadauna was their supreme leader so killing him and leaving other Igbo leaders is nothing but an act if war.

my dear, i do not support the Igbos jubilating or taunting the Northerners. Human life is Sacred.
But the genocidal killings of the Igbos in the North were uncalled for.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1: Tribalism... Tribalism ...Tribalism

Why did Ojukwu kill Banjo?
Even if the op where to get an honest answer, will he accept it? Will he not look at it as an excuse to exonerate a tribe from wrong doing?
Many of the answers the op seeks about the civil can be gotten from different accounts of those that were involved... some have written books about the genesis of the war(albeit from there own perspective), Some of the authors include Alexander Madiebo and Obasanjo(just to site a few).

As per Ojukwu leading his people to a war that killed over 3million people, I will like to ask the op what he would have done differently if he were confronted with the same situation Ojukwu was faced?

Let me paint a scenerio here...

Men from your tribe carried out a partial coup (killing of people from other ethnic groups). A counter coup was carried out six months later. After it seems that calm will return(as promised by different leaders at the time), the same ethnic group(NORTH) went ahead with a Genocide, killing women and children in their thousands.

A call was made for everyone to go back to his region, the East gave a safe passage to their Northern counterparts(even allowing the Northern soldiers to go back with their weapons), but the same gesture was not reciprocated.

As the millitary Governor of the eastern region, will the op sit down in the comfort of his office and allow the attrocities agains his people to continue?

You missed the point or you did not want to see it so I will have to re-focus the conversation. Like I told another poster,you didn't understand what this discussion exposes the double standard, outright falsehood and propaganda-pregnancy of ibos and not the number of victims of the war. Read it again and look at the arguments being made, it's really easy to see that.

Other issues you raised are immaterial to this debate and will be better on their own thread and we can thrash it out.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dede1:

Cyberfool

I thought you were a competent fool. Above post had proven you are irredeemably foolish. Are you not the same jackass who claimed your NCO father allowed you to play with 1911 when you were 7-year old? I guess you will be toddler forever. When field commander derelicts on duty and such actions led to the loss of opportunity, materials or lives while the commander is leading a military offensive, the officer will be shot.

It is extremely idiotic of you to mention my father who would have you buried alive in the presence of a 3 M people and there's NOTHING you will do about it! And people say you are a pa? What a useless lying old bald man! Oh and his rank? You will be drooling if you knew and his ADCs bitc.h-slap useless nonentities like you until I tell them either kill him or leave him...LOL. By the way, the weapons we played with were from the guards and yes, idiots like you never had such privileges in your fuc.ked up life.

Didn't want to distract the thread but will not let a nonentity mention my dad with his putrid mouth. Back to topic, I responded to the two posters who did not understand the import of this thread. For you, you are only trying to pretend like you don't know. Read those posts and return here with an appropriate defense. Tell me WHY!?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

You missed the point or you did not want to see it so I will have to re-focus the conversation. Like I told another poster,you didn't understand what this discussion exposes the double standard, outright falsehood and propaganda-pregnancy of ibos and not the number of victims of the war. Read it again and look at the arguments being made, it's really easy to see that.

Other issues you raised are immaterial to this debate and will be better on their own thread and we can thrash it out.

I did not want to answer your question because it was going to raise more questions from you.
Banjo as well as Ojukwu is a millitary officer. So he recognised the word "treason"(that is actually debatable).
As a millitary officer if you carry out a coup or attempt to carry out a coup or associate with those planning a coup... most often than not the penalty is Death.
So banjo was killed because of what he did or was about to do(how truthful this coup story is, is debatable).

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

My dear we can go back and forth all we want, but the truth was that after the July counter coup, the Northerners have no justifiable reason to continue with the Genocidal killings.
Please, you can read up the available literatures on Nigerian Civil war and you will get some of these facts straight.

Ojukwu did not need to convince the Igbo's that the Federal troops(Mainly Northerners) were bent on killing more igbos. Those that managed to escape the "Pogrom" were living witnesses to the horrors meted out to the Igbos. Even if another man had taken over, there was no way that Man will fold his hands and watch the killings of his people going on... on a massive scale.

The war was more or less, a fight for "self preservation" of a Ethnic group... in this case the Igbos. With or without Ojukwu, the war will still have been fought, since the Northerners were hell bent on killing a particular tribe even after having gotten their revenge of a counter coup

You know in life revenge is most likely not equal to initial action

If I sit down and you slap me, I can either bone, slap back machette you or shoot you.

In World war 1, It was one person ArchDuke ferdinand that was killed and the whole world erupted.

Are you saying the response of American to 9-11 should be equal to the initial action ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Abba Gida-gida Vows To Reopen ‘murder Case’ Against Doguwa / Dismissed Sergeant Impersonated Classmate For 21 Years / Emir's Palace In Gombe Burnt By Irate Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.