Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

* - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / * (7592 Views)

What Has Life Taught You So Far? / 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge / Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: * by karpentar: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
@poster
Why are atheists obsessed with mostly Christianity? It's not even the oldest religion for heaven's sake! Is it out of fear of jihad and suicide bombings that these agnostics scrutinize less of Islam than Christianity? You'll hardly see a post that would ask "should we teach kids Quran"....why..why, why.....why...cowardice? or is that the highest percentage of this tiny MINORITY group lives in America and Europe where the majority religion is Christianity and outside America and Europe, they have never been the majority in the landscape of humanity? Maybe that's why they are so angry!
Re: * by proflangdon(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hahaha... Whenever I hear or read topics/threads like this, I really laugh.

Let me point out one thing to you... A person, no matter who you are, cannot and will never bring any topic from the Bible and try to understand it if you don't understand God.

I know alot of people will argue otherwise. I know alot of Bible verses that have been twisted by alot of people today to suit their thinking.

Even "The Church" are in confusion about many Bible verses. Think I'm lying?

Why did the Catholic church and the Reformists disagree on Justification & Sanctification?? Well, that's another topic.

The simple thing I'm trying to bring out is this...

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2nd Tim. 3:16)

Remember, "all scripture," not a part of the scripture.
Just apply wisdom whenever you're teaching a child... remember, a child will still become a man and those verses that you think are wrong will become necessary.

So, yes, children should be taught The Bible. When I was little, my teacher never taught me about sex, or violence, or any of those things you mentioned.
Before you say or do anything, think. What you say doesn't matter... God knows why He gave those laws or why He did what He did.

Remember, always apply wisdom.

Peace
Re: * by MacDaddy01: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
karpentar: @poster
Why are atheists obsessed with mostly Christianity? It's not even the oldest religion for heaven's sake! Is it out of fear of jihad and suicide bombings that these agnostics scrutinize less of Islam than Christianity? You'll hardly see a post that would ask "should we teach kids Quran"....why..why, why.....why...cowardice? or is that the highest percentage of this tiny MINORITY group lives in America and Europe where the majority religion is Christianity and outside America and Europe, they have never been the majority in the landscape of humanity? Maybe that's why they are so angry!

You are angry that your religion is being debunked and then you project that anger on atheists.

Sorry, you are the one that is angry. Just reread your comment
Re: * by gidiMonsta(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
karpentar: @poster

He's not attacking Christianity, he's posing a very valid question. If you wan ask your own about Qur'an, open your own thread. Kapisce?

mamiel: @ e..monkey. Take this as an advise, behind every religion is a spirit -christianity, islam, hindu, even african traditional worship and what have u. When u become a christian (just like any other religion) the Holy Spirit,if u request of him, will possess you and that is the only time u can truly understand the bible. So I understand ur plight in comprehending d scriptures as an unbeliever. But it won't make any difference for u to try to degrade d bible by ur posting for two reasons. (1.) A true christian will only read it and laugh at ur understanding. (2.) an unbeliever may concur with u, bt d day he or she recieves d Holy Spirit, his understanding will be enlighten and all ur views will no longer make a meaning to him. God bless u.

I see...most christians hide their ignorance about their own religion with this crap of understanding through the holy spirit, which is why the atheists and muslims have a field day whooping your arse in intellectual theolgical discourse.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
@Op that`s why you have a childrens bible.
My book of bible stories is an excellent example.
Re: * by Agiliti(m): 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
[.
Re: * by sexyglow(f): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
Train up a child in the way he should grow that when he is old he will not depart from it.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
Monkey to ans your question " YES"....Now call yourself EWU undecided
Re: * by karpentar: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
so so noise without answer to any of my questions.......if I must be into religion it must be Christianity. I have never seen any other religion so scrutinized yet it has survived for many centuries and still counting. There must be something special about it.
Re: * by muktarmtt(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey:
Like I said before, I understand your unwillingness to agree that those verses are rather graphic, so your excuses do not surprise me.
As for Song of songs, why was it revealed exactly? Unless that part of the Bible was made up by man and not revealed by God.
I feel u dude is revealed by one mumu, nd dis old testymnt nd new. Testymt dey confused me o! Wch 1 I go used,
Re: * by Imoy(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Take a look at some direct quotes
from the Koran, see for
yourself….Convert or Die oh Infidel!!! Qur’an:9:88 – “The Messenger
and those who believe with him,
strive hard and fight with their
wealth and lives in Allah’s Cause.” Qur’an:9:5 - “Fight and kill the
disbelievers wherever you find
them, take them captive, harass
them, lie in wait and ambush
them using every stratagem of
war.” Qur’an:9:112 “The Believers fight
in Allah’s Cause, they slay and are
slain, kill and are killed.” Qur’an:9:29 “Fight those who do
not believe until they all
surrender, paying the protective
tax in submission.” Qur’an:8:39 “Fight them until all
opposition ends and all submit to
Allah.” Qur’an:8:39 “So fight them until
there is no more Fitnah (disbelief
[non-Muslims]) and all submit to
the religion of Allah alone (in the
whole world).” Ishaq:587 “Our onslaught will not
be a weak faltering affair. We shall
fight as long as we live. We will
fight until you turn to Islam,
humbly seeking refuge. We will
fight not caring whom we meet. We will fight whether we destroy
ancient holdings or newly gotten
gains. We have mutilated every
opponent. We have driven them
violently before us at the
command of Allah and Islam. We will fight until our religion is
established. And we will plunder
them, for they must suffer
disgrace.” Qur’an:8:65 “O Prophet, urge the
faithful to fight. If there are
twenty among you with
determination they will vanquish
two hundred; if there are a
hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the
infidels are a people devoid of
understanding.” Qur’an:9:123 “Fight the
unbelievers around you, and let
them find harshness in you.” Ishaq:578 “Crushing the heads of
the infidels and splitting their
skulls with sharp swords, we
continually thrust and cut at the
enemy. Blood gushed from their
deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered
bearing the Prophet’s fluttering
war banner. Our cavalry was
submerged in rising dust, and our
spears quivered, but by us the
Prophet gained victory.” This is just the tip of the Iceberg to see
the rest of Muhammad’s quotes:
Should these also be taught to the children?
Re: * by muktarmtt(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
MacDaddy01: Frosbel is an 1diot.

There is no doubt in my mind.

Frosbel, while you are at it, why not teach your children how to be muderers;

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Kill kill kill fortunetellers shall b put to death jst b cos he tell fortune he will b kill nawa woo dis is barbaric act so all d way xtriantanity is teaching terrorism God 4nish u all,
Re: * by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
Imoy: Take a look at some direct quotes
from the Koran, see for
yourself….Convert or Die oh Infidel!!! Qur’an:9:88 – “The Messenger
and those who believe with him,
strive hard and fight with their
wealth and lives in Allah’s Cause.” Qur’an:9:5 - “Fight and kill the
disbelievers wherever you find
them, take them captive, harass
them, lie in wait and ambush
them using every stratagem of
war.” Qur’an:9:112 “The Believers fight
in Allah’s Cause, they slay and are
slain, kill and are killed.” Qur’an:9:29 “Fight those who do
not believe until they all
surrender, paying the protective
tax in submission.”
bla bla bla
Start another thread to do this, stop derailing.
And after all your plenty noise you didn't even answer the question. Even if you wanted to counter attack, you should have first defended yourself/answered the question before you started throwing your own counter moves.

1 Like

Re: * by InHim4Him(m): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
The Bible is not all about sex. Did you, my dear poster, learn Ephesians 6:1-3 as a child? If you did you will not admire any vandal or rebel. What do you think your child will become if he/she learns Psalms 1 and even memorizes it and meditate on it the rest of his life? Proverbs 22:6 gives us the key; "Bring up a child the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it". Your question should really be "what material should we use to give our children a secure future?" Computers and their games are producing their kinds: yahoo-yahoo boys and girls, internet fraudsters and the likes of our horrible members of the Nigerian senate and the house of reps. Big heads, loud mouths, greedy politicians and violent people without any compassion are what you get eventually without the Bible. Look around you.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Monkey to ans your question " YES"....Now call yourself EWU undecided
Is this what your Bible teaches you? To insult others?
Hmmmm. Maybe I should start another thread to find out the Christian stand on insulting non believers.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey:
Is this what your Bible teaches you? To insult others?
Hmmmm. Maybe I should start another thread to find out the Christian stand on insulting non believers.

No need, your Imams curse and insult Christians and Jews 24/7 !!!

Besides your Quran is littered with insults , especially on Women and Jews.

How utterly despicable grin .
Re: * by Dignitary: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey: Should it? Considering that it contains things like this:

Ezekiel 23:20
For she lusted after her lovers, whose flesh were like those of donkeys and whose spërm was like that of horses.
Ezekiel 23:21
So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, in bruising thy brëasts by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

Other sëxually explicit verses:

Songs of Solomon 8:1-3
If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me. I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house. She who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates. His left arm up under my head and his right arm embraces me.

Genesis 38: 8-10
....and Onan knew that the seed should not be his, and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Judges 19: 24-29
Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now and humble ye them, and do with them whUat seemth good unto you, but unto this man do not so like a thing. But the men would not hearken to him so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night untill the morning and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Gore in the Bible:

Hosea 13: 16
....for she has gone against her God: they will be cut down by the sword, their little children will be broken on the racks, their women who are with child will be cut open.

Isiah 13: 16
Their young children will be broken up before their eyes, their goods will be taken away and their wives made the property of others.

Judges 4: 21
Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of a tent, and took an hammer in her hand and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground, for he was fast asleep and weary so he died.

Do we really want children picturing the horrifying depictions of gore and the descriptions of immorality in those verses when they read them?
Should they be exposed to these and similar verses by teaching them the Bible?

E MONKEY, u are what your name say u are!
Re: * by kadree(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

To you they may appear sexually perverse but to us they are fine when interpreted in the right context.

Wrenching them out of context to score a point is not a surprise.
would u have same this if those verses were from the Quran?
Re: * by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
mamiel: @ e..monkey. Take this as an advise, behind every religion is a spirit -christianity, islam, hindu, even african traditional worship and what have u. When u become a christian (just like any other religion) the Holy Spirit,if u request of him, will possess you and that is the only time u can truly understand the bible. So I understand ur plight in comprehending d scriptures as an unbeliever. But it won't make any difference for u to try to degrade d bible by ur posting for two reasons. (1.) A true christian will only read it and laugh at ur understanding. (2.) an unbeliever may concur with u, bt d day he or she recieves d Holy Spirit, his understanding will be enlighten and all ur views will no longer make a meaning to him. God bless u.
Ok.
So what you are saying is that unless I am a Christian I will never be able to understand the Bible because the Holy Spirit directs only Christians?
That isn't fair. I mean how am I going to be drawn to the religion when I don't understand the Bible and the Holy Spirit has refused to guide me?
If I am to go by what you wrote, that means there is almost no hope for non-Christians to grasp the message in the Bible or to get converted by it.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dignitary:

E MONKEY, u are what your name say u are!
Abeg let me hear something else. You cannot answer my question so you resort to trying to offend. Mtschew

1 Like

Re: * by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey:
Ok.
So what you are saying is that unless I am a Christian I will never be able to understand the Bible because the Holy Spirit directs only Christians?
That isn't fair. I mean how am I going to be drawn to the religion when I don't understand the Bible and the Holy Spirit has refused to guide me?
If I am to go by what you wrote, that means there is almost no hope for non-Christians to grasp the message in the Bible or to get converted by it.

Simple, because God resists the arrogant and gives grace to the humble. God's word can only be revealed in the right context through the Spirit, you will never comprehend these deep wonderful truths until you humble yourself.

"To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." - Ecclesiastes 2:26

Job 38:36 Who endowed the heart with wisdom or gave understanding to the mind?

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Re: * by kadree(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

To you they may appear sexually perverse but to us they are fine when interpreted in the right context.

would u have same this if those verses were from the Quran?They are part of the hidden verses no pastor(expectially the prosperity preaching ones) will ever read during church service.If they cant,then why are they in the Bible?I dare you to read those verses in public and see what the reaction will be like.All you know is to attack Islam and shield the unmentionables in the Bible.No wonder a pastor can call one of his ex a Jazebell.I tire for una o.
Re: * by muktarmtt(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey: Should it? Considering that it contains things like this:

Ezekiel 23:20
For she lusted after her lovers, whose flesh were like those of donkeys and whose spërm was like that of horses.
Ezekiel 23:21
So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, in bruising thy brëasts by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

Other sëxually explicit verses:

Songs of Solomon 8:1-3
If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me. I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house. She who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates. His left arm up under my head and his right arm embraces me.

Genesis 38: 8-10
....and Onan knew that the seed should not be his, and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Judges 19: 24-29
Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now and humble ye them, and do with them what seemth good unto you, but unto this man do not so like a thing. But the men would not hearken to him so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night untill the morning and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Gore in the Bible:

Hosea 13: 16
....for she has gone against her God: they will be cut down by the sword, their little children will be broken on the racks, their women who are with child will be cut open.

Isiah 13: 16
Their young children will be broken up before their eyes, their goods will be taken away and their wives made the property of others.

Judges 4: 21
Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of a tent, and took an hammer in her hand and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground, for he was fast asleep and weary so he died.

Do we really want children picturing the horrifying depictions of gore and the descriptions of immorality in those verses when they read them?
Should they be exposed to these and similar verses by teaching them the Bible?
Why she kill him so she's a murderer, lyk dsm way dey kill jessu carry hammer nd nail. Him wit cross chai! So christanity is all abt wickdness God don catch u mumu xtrian.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
kadree: would u have same this if those verses were from the Quran?They are part of the hidden verses no pastor(expectially the prosperity preaching ones) will ever read during church service.If they cant,then why are they in the Bible?I dare you to read those verses in public and see what the reaction will be like.All you know is to attack Islam and shield the unmentionables in the Bible.No wonder a pastor can call one of his ex a Jazebell.I tire for una o.

My goodness me grin , what is filthy about those verses except the inclination of your corrupted heart to look at them in such a context.

I suggest you read the entire chapter to understand the context and purpose. May God give you understanding.
Re: * by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
muktar mtt: Why dooes have to kill him so she's a murderer, lyk dsm way dey kill jessu carry hammer nd nail. Him wit cross chai! So christanity is all abt wickdness God don catch u mumu xtrian.

One man died for mankind and shed his blood. I mean Christ Jesus. Through this atonement millions are saved from sin and death.

In ISLAM another Man caused and is still causing the death of countless millions of innocent human beings , because they rejected and still reject his murderous ideology. So instead of life he offers death.

You tell me , which one is more barbaric
Re: * by Imoy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey:
Ok.

u talk abt d holyspirit nt been fair to guiding u in understanding d bible. For ur information, d holyspirit only cums wen u ask for his presence.
Re: * by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:
Simple, because God resists the arrogant and gives grace to the humble.
God's word can only be revealed in the right context through the Spirit, you will never comprehend these deep wonderful truths until you humble yourself.
Keep digging yourself deeper into this Holy Spirit hole.
I am an unbeliever does not mean that I am arrogant or that I am not humble. What about the humble Buddhists or Taoists not received 'God's word'? What about the humble ones among them that died without receiving God's word?
frosbel:
"To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.
That means that only those who God is pleased with will make heaven. Why do you Christians bother evangelizing?
Re: * by muktarmtt(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

One man died for mankind and shed his blood. I mean Christ Jesus. Through this atonement millions are saved from sin and death.

In ISLAM another Man caused and is still causing the death of countless millions of innocent human beings , because they rejected and still reject his murderous ideology. So instead of life he offers death.

You tell me , which one is more barbaric
Urs cos it has bein wrtin in ur bible but oda is politics
Re: * by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:
I suggest you read the entire chapter to understand the context and purpose. May God give you understanding.
Since the Holy Spirit has guided you, can you tell me the context and purpose of Song of Songs?
Re: * by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
Imoy:
u talk abt d holyspirit nt been fair to guiding u in understanding d bible. For ur information, d holyspirit only cums wen u ask for his presence.
What about those that died without hearing about Christianity? So they are going to hell because the Holy Spirit didn't get a personal request from them for guidance?
Re: * by kadree(m): 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

Re: * by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
muktar mtt: Urs cos it has bein wrtin in ur bible but oda is politics

Aha, so Muslims killing Christians and the infidel in their millions, based on the Quranic command to slay the infidel is all politics, right ? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Raised From The Dead / Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! / Which Christian Music Do You Play During This Easter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.