Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,897 members, 7,909,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:16 AM

Another: HISTORY - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Another: HISTORY (1888 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another: HISTORY by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
BoboYekini: angry
sad
Re: Another: HISTORY by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
BoboYekini:
tongue well, if ure gon be any good as a poet, u have to conjure up more powerful imagery. Especially if your dealing with sonnets.else you go for the shock factor at the end.
'The dogs of fear, the pack of doubts.'?, 'hound, pound, found'?? Wtf, are u writing a nursery rhyme?
marginally better work, but stick to an era, 'a-hunting'?
I find both works rather tepid and predictable, from the first lines. There!
So don't fancy urself an Ezra Pound just yet!

Why, thank you, sir. I'll keep your words in mind. I'm actually new at poetry.

I don't quite get the rhyme part of your criticism.

I see your criticism was restricted to History and Betrayal. What about the untitled one?

Edited.
Re: Another: HISTORY by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
@BoboYekini, I also stay the hell away from sonnets, they're way too much for me yet. So which one among my pieces are you calling a sonnet?

Edited.
Re: Another: HISTORY by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I am happy for both of them. Its certain they are heading to the altar sooner than we think.

See what you done gone and did sad You done pissed off BoboYekini and he's practically murdered my babies cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Was A Section ( For All Romancelanders) / The Hand Of God {Spoken Word Format} / The Heart Of Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.