Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,292 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. (986 Views)

Today's Devotional For Active Prayer / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.topic:the Recipe For Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by oludayo20(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2007
Hi All,
Today is xmas day!a unique and special day all around the world,it is therefore important to know it's true meaning,
Our Text today will be found in the book of Collosians1vs27, Christ in you the hope of glory'.
The Virgin birth is more than just another Christmas Story,it illustrates just how close God wants to get to you.Infact,He's asking you the same question He asked Mary,Are you willing to let me move in?'Throughout scripture it's always been His desire to get close to his people.He told the disciples,, 'I am in you'(John 14:20).Paul prayed ,', that Christ may dwell in your hearts, '(Ephe 3:17).John Says,Those who obey , live in him,and he in them, ,(1 John 3:24).Paul wrote,, Christ in you,the hope of glory'(Coll 1:27),then he added:'it is no longer I who live,but christ lives in me, '(Galatians 2:20).And He Jesus said,, if any one , opens the door,I will come in, (Rev3:20).
In the old testament God was with Adam and Eve in the garden,
He was with Abraham ,and even called him His friend , He was with Moses and the Isrealites.But as a believer He's in you -and He'll keep growing in you until He comes out in what you say,How you act and the decisions you make.Do you struggle with bitterness,worry,habits and fear?Not Jesus!And because He lives in you,you have access 24/7 to His limitless power!That's how come Paul writes about', striving according to His power,which mightly works within me'(coll 1:29).What's in you?'His power!'What more do you need?Remember when the Angel appeared to Mary and she said,', may it be done, according to your word, '(Luke 1:38).Make that your prayer this Christmas!.
Merry Xmas!
Re: Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2007
How can you say that is the true meaning of christmas when no where in the Bible does it say to celebrate the birth of Jesus or even when his birth was (We are told to remember his death because it was done for the benefit of all man. That is why the Bible tells us when to celebrate or honor the memorial of Jesus' death. Don't you think that if were should really be celebrating Jesus' birth we would be given a date to do so?) Plus christmas is based on a pagan holiday of a Roman sun god and the festival to worship that deity! Physical evidence of just what the weather is like around Bethlahem in December is enough to prove that December is not even the correct month of Jesus birthday.
Re: Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by pilgrim1(f): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2007
@katrinna,

kattrina:

How can you say that is the true meaning of christmas when no where in the Bible does it say to celebrate the birth of Jesus or even when his birth was

Although many people have varied ideas of the meaning of Christmas, there is no place in the Bible that says we should not celebrate the birth of Jesus.

kattrina:

(We are told to remember his death because it was done for the benefit of all man.

First, the Bible asks us to remember HIM (rather than 'remember his death') -

"this do in remembrance of me" ~ Luke 22:19

"this do in remembrance of me" ~ 1 Cor. 11:24

"this do ye, . . . in remembrance of me" ~ 1 Cor. 11:25

Just a small point that many Christians often confuse - yet with great import! wink

kattrina:

(We are told to remember his death because it was done for the benefit of all man.

The birth of Jesus Christ was also for the benefit of the entire world - good reason for us all to rejoice! When Christ was born, the angels exulted: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:14).

kattrina:

That is why the Bible tells us when to celebrate or honor the memorial of Jesus' death.

The Bible does not state a particular "date" as to WHEN to celebrate Jesus death. If you find the particular reference to the "when", please share with us so we may learn. smiley

kattrina:

Don't you think that if were should really be celebrating Jesus' birth we would be given a date to do so?)

Lol. . . a date is not the prerequisite to celebrating the wonderful grace of the Saviour's birth! cheesy Besides, no date was given for celebrating or honouring the "memorial of Jesus' death". The Bible simply says that the latter should be done "as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup" (I Cor. 11:26). It is understandable that Christians do this whenever they gather together in Church (cf. 1 Cor. 11:33).

kattrina:

Plus christmas is based on a pagan holiday of a Roman sun god and the festival to worship that deity!

That is what many people have been misled to believe. Could you kindly demonstrate how many people YOU know around the world who celebrate Christmas as a festival to worship the "sun god"?

kattrina:

Physical evidence of just what the weather is like around Bethlahem in December is enough to prove that December is not even the correct month of Jesus birthday.

Hmm. . . that's quite interesting - and I've heard that one so many times that it does not even stand a chance to make any sense. smiley Just incase you have something different in mind, what 'physical evidence' would you be pointing to, please?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is John The Baptist And Did He Recognise Jesus? / Is A Jet Too Much For A Pastor? Pastor Adeboye / Deep Sight Tells Us About God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.