Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,136 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:51 AM

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. (875 Views)

Today's Devotional For Active Prayer / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.topic:the Recipe For Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by oludayo20(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hi All,
It's great to be here once again today,the lord is good and His mercy endureth forever,Today we'll be discussing about Loving God,i.e making it our duty to love God this year.
Our text:Exodus 23:25, and ye shall serve the lord your God,

As we begin this new year,I strongly advice that we make loving God our priority,A man trying to win a woman will do anything for her.She'll call him and say,'I know it's late,you're tired and it's raining,but could you come over and change my flat tyre?'Sure,I'll be right over',He says.And over He comes with a smile.Now,fast forward.They've been married ten years;he's in the same house with the same woman he courted and won.She ask him to get up off the couch and do something for her.She has to say it 3 or 4 times,and you'll think she'd ask him to cut off his legs the way he moans and groans.Then she gets upset.What's happening?what was once a delight has become a drudgery-because the love motivation has cooled off!.
Our problem isn't really obedience,it's keeping our love for Christ going strong,for love makes obedience a joy.Less obedience is simply love.often we replace grace with law,and love with rules.But we don't enjoy the rules because we don't exercise the love .Our new nature functions best when motivated by relationship,not rules .Rules without love lead to coldness.Christ said to the christians at Ephesus.''I have this against you,that you have left your first love ''Rev 2:4.In other words,you don't love me like you used to'Then He commanded them to return to the point where they had fallen,which is where they let their love for Him slip.is Christ saying the same thing to you?As you begin to love Him more this year,you'll begin to see more of His visitation in your life.
It is well.Do have a great day!
Re: Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by Betty605: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
SIR YOU HAV UP TO 20 THREADS ON THIS SAME TOPIC NOW!!!!
common STICK TO ONE ABEG abeg abeg!!, u hav been told dis b4,
Give odas spaces and chances now!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Does God Still Speak Through Anyone…other Than Christians? / God Of The Bible / Be Prepeard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.