Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2430187 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Belexy95: 8:30pm On May 12, 2016
Confused bunch of liars. David Briggs, chairman of PPSB said the delay in worker's salaries accross ministries is the inability of zonal accountants to submit nominal role promptly. Now, this one is saying his own.#Executiveliars
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by teejaymmm(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2016
Who knows David Briggs, someone should tell him to tell us when we'l go and do our biometrics. David brings is trying to frustrate himself
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by debans22: 11:03pm On May 12, 2016
Breaking News. only civil servants that have done their biometric will receive their April salary.

http://www.newestriversreporters.com/2016/05/only-civil-servants-who-have-done-their_12.html?m=1
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by debans22: 11:17pm On May 12, 2016
ONLY CIVIL SERVANTS WHO HAVE DONE THEIR BIOMETRICS WILL RECEIVE MONTHLY SALARIES--GOVERNOR WIKE

Only civil servants who have completed their biometric screening and capture will henceforth receive their monthly salaries, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike of Rivers State has announced.

Governor Wike said this has become necessary because the State Government discovered that more than one thousand civil servants were receiving salaries in different Ministries.

Speaking during a courtesy call by the Governing Council of the Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Thursday said it was shocking that over 50,000 civil servants take a large chunk of the state revenue.

He said that he has the political will to resolve the challenge in the interest of the state.

“They say we have 50 something thousand civil servants , now not up to 4 thousand, people are not coming to do biometrics, they must come. If you don’t do your biometrics, no salary. If you like put it on the pages of newspapers, ‘workers have not been paid salaries’, Am not owing you. Go and do your biometrics.”

“There are cabals in the civil service making money. I have the political will and I will stop the trend whereby government will be paying over 5billion as salaries and some people will be taking half of the money”.

He urged the governing council and management of the school the dwindling revenue and work within the revenue regime.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by heaven55: 8:22am On May 13, 2016
debans22:
ONLY CIVIL SERVANTS WHO HAVE DONE THEIR BIOMETRICS WILL RECEIVE MONTHLY SALARIES--GOVERNOR WIKE

Only civil servants who have completed their biometric screening and capture will henceforth receive their monthly salaries, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike of Rivers State has announced.

Governor Wike said this has become necessary because the State Government discovered that more than one thousand civil servants were receiving salaries in different Ministries.

Speaking during a courtesy call by the Governing Council of the Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Thursday said it was shocking that over 50,000 civil servants take a large chunk of the state revenue.

He said that he has the political will to resolve the challenge in the interest of the state.

“They say we have 50 something thousand civil servants , now not up to 4 thousand, people are not coming to do biometrics, they must come. If you don’t do your biometrics, no salary. If you like put it on the pages of newspapers, ‘workers have not been paid salaries’, Am not owing you. Go and do your biometrics.”

“There are cabals in the civil service making money. I have the political will and I will stop the trend whereby government will be paying over 5billion as salaries and some people will be taking half of the money”.

He urged the governing council and management of the school the dwindling revenue and work within the revenue regime.
OK we've heard. question is WHEN IS THE DATE FOR THE BIOMETRICS?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by heaven55: 10:40am On May 13, 2016
they've started going after the REAL ghosts.. #lwkmd
ABAKALIKI— EBONYI State government said it had uncovered a job scam in the local government system involving 838 cemetery keepers, who are receiving consolidated Health Salary Scheme, CONHESS, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Samuel Okoronkwo, said in Abakaliki, yesterday. The Commissioner also debunked rumours making the rounds that the state government had concluded arrangement to sack medical workers in the local government areas. He noted that what the state government was doing was to find out the workers that are not health workers, but are being paid CONHESS. According to him, investigation so far revealed that previous administrations employed about 838 workers as cemetery keepers even while there was no cemetery in the 13 local government areas managed by the state government. He said: “The only cemetery in the state is in Abakaliki and it is being managed by the Catholic Church, so what are the cemetery keepers doing? Why are they earning CONHESS?” He said the affected workers will not be sacked, but be removed from CONHESS and reposted to other areas, where they will be useful, adding that a committee has been set up to look into the issue with members drawn from various unions and government.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by heaven55: 10:41am On May 13, 2016
they've started going after the REAL ghosts.. #lwkmd

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ebonyi-discovers-838-ghost-workers-employed-cemetery-keepers/

ABAKALIKI— EBONYI State
government said it had
uncovered a job scam in the
local government system
involving 838 cemetery keepers,
who are receiving consolidated
Health Salary Scheme,
CONHESS, the Commissioner for
Local Government and
Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Samuel
Okoronkwo, said in Abakaliki,
yesterday.
The Commissioner also
debunked rumours making the
rounds that the state government
had concluded arrangement to
sack medical workers in the local
government areas. He noted that
what the state government was
doing was to find out the workers
that are not health workers, but
are being paid CONHESS.
According to him, investigation
so far revealed that previous
administrations employed about
838 workers as cemetery keepers
even while there was no
cemetery in the 13 local
government areas managed by
the state government.
He said: “The only cemetery in
the state is in Abakaliki and it is
being managed by the Catholic
Church, so what are the cemetery
keepers doing? Why are they
earning CONHESS?”
He said the affected workers will
not be sacked, but be removed
from CONHESS and reposted to
other areas, where they will be
useful, adding that a committee
has been set up to look into the
issue with members drawn from
various unions and government.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by mumjk: 10:50am On May 13, 2016
Please we are ready for d biometrics, when is d date for ppsb? Hope after doing it my Feb to April salaries will b paid. With my outstanding 3 months arrears?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2016
I am not surprised. The whole bragadoccio was for him to used billions of Rivers State money to Finance the PDP National Convention.

I am not surprised. Gov Wike can never surprise me because I have lived in his community during my Nysc days

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 2kurupt(m): 6:58am On May 14, 2016
They've seen that the initial excuse of "late submission of nominal roll" is not holding water & convincing enough so they've switched to "no payment until after you've done biometrics verification".

Now tell me, is this not the height of impunity? How can you use a non-existent biometrics verification exercise to stop people's pay? They're only fooling themselves.

All these are just ploys to hold on to workers monies which the gov and his goons are using to flex political muscles. This nonsense has to stop

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 9:27am On May 14, 2016
Rexmarysweet:
I am not surprised. The whole bragadoccio was for him to used billions of Rivers State money to Finance the PDP National Convention.
I am not surprised. Gov Wike can never surprise me because I have lived in his community during my Nysc days
Some people almost bit off my head in my school when I was stating my disapproval for Wike. I hope they're now satisfied with the recent state of events. I pray that God rescues us from this ONE CHANCE we've entered.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 11:52am On May 14, 2016
everything is in comatose !
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2016
It is well o . Am still expecting February and March alert next week - if you like call it a dream after all am just waking from sleep.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ORUWISE(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2016
wealthyprince:
It is well o . Am still expecting February and March alert next week - if you like call it a dream after all am just waking from sleep.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ORUWISE(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2016
debans22:

Wike is a confuse man. Why did he deceive himself hoping that he is deceiving rivers state workers that there is ongoing biometrics. If it is true why no time time table for the biometrics and those idiots that call themselves labour leaders can not stage out protest to ensure that wike do the right thing right not doing the right thing at wrong way. MAKE THEM TAKE THEIR TIME OOOO
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 11:02pm On May 14, 2016
ORUWISE:

Wike is a confuse man. Why did he deceive himself hoping that he is deceiving rivers state workers that there is ongoing biometrics. If it is true why no time time table for the biometrics and those idiots that call themselves labour leaders can not stage out protest to ensure that wike do the right thing right not doing the right thing at wrong way. MAKE THEM TAKE THEIR TIME OOOO

PROTEST WOULD NOT WORK MY DEARIE, THE ENVIRONMENT IS NOT SAFE FOR IT.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 5:48am On May 15, 2016
If you have not been paid Feb salary, info says, get your six months statement of account and attach to the new voucher to be prepare (by the guy in your school) and must get to ppsb on Tuesday. Good morning et al.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by zikiziki(f): 7:25am On May 15, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:
If you have not been paid Feb salary, info says, get your six months statement of account and attach to the new voucher to be prepare (by the guy in your school) and must get to ppsb on Tuesday. Good morning et al.
pls l would like you to know if no need travelling when all paper works could be done by the voucher guy in ones school. pls throw more light
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 10:43am On May 15, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:
thats correct. Our principal also told us that.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by marcodura: 11:47am On May 15, 2016
This govt is confused. Crossroads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by marcodura: 1:28pm On May 15, 2016
My piece of Advice to Gov. Wike and his team: adjust and pay workers up to April 2016 salaries, then provide a reliable time table for the perceived biometrics, to enable us plan ahead without penury.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2016
marcodura:
My piece of Advice to Gov. Wike and his team: adjust and pay workers up to April 2016 salaries, then provide a reliable time table for the perceived biometrics, to enable us plan ahead without penury.

Do you think any Man born of a Woman can advice Gov Wike.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:

Confirmed! I heard about this too. We are ask to submit tomorrow. at least from Oct. to March.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2016
Breaking News: Mr Ngofa from the ministry of finance has confirmed that there would be no payment until after the biometrics exercise.

He also said that the time table for the biometrics exercise would be out by next week.

THIS IS A VISIONLESS AND DIRECTIONLESS GOVERNMENT.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2016
Rexmarysweet:
Breaking News: Mr Ngofa from the ministry of finance has confirmed that there would be no payment until after the biometrics exercise.

He also said that the time table for the biometrics exercise would be out by next week.

THIS IS A VISIONLESS AND DIRECTIONLESS GOVERNMENT.

Na wao...everybody they talk him own, first it was David , then Wike, now na Ngofa! No problem - Meaning from April no Biometrics, no payment but what of my Feb and March? let me believe is still coming by this week....I hope this dream will come through or else sleep mode continues.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:16pm On May 15, 2016
zikiziki:
pls l would like you to know if no need travelling when all paper works could be done by the voucher guy in ones school. pls throw more light
Am not sure the voucher guy in your school can collect your bank statement from your bank. you go and get the bank statement, make 5 photocopies and give to the voucher guy. who will in turn, submit to the board for each school on tuesday.
the finance guys need it to confirm that, u were not paid. best of luck thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by heaven55: 9:34pm On May 15, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:

Am not sure the voucher guy in your school can collect your bank statement from your bank. you go and get the bank statement, make 5 photocopies and give to the voucher guy. who will in turn, submit to the board for each school on tuesday.
the finance guys need it to confirm that, u were not paid. best of luck thereafter.
lol. you guys have fallen for this one too... do the math. they're just using us to play chess
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by GamaG(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2016
some are saying 6months statement while my principal said 3months-january to match which are d months we were not paid. which of these now is correct?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ikem50: 7:42am On May 16, 2016
GamaG:
some are saying 6months statement while my principal said 3months-january to match which are d months we were not paid. which of these now is correct?

I don't think there is confusion about it, if you want get a years statement. I think what they need is evidence of the month u received salary last. just do it for them before they will start blaming you again. just watching and waiting for NLC Wednesday strike #winks
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Belexy95: 7:58am On May 16, 2016
Hahahahahaha........civil servants now begging for their due wages. Rivers state deserves this. Thought they voted for this to slight a man. I feel the pains of the handful of people that were at variance with the collective majority. Can a leopard change it's skin?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 8:18am On May 16, 2016
heaven55:
lol. you guys have fallen for this one too... do the math. they're just using us to play chess
I don't think, there is a falling for here. On this matter, finance said they need proof that you were not paid Feb. So am not paid, therefore I give them the proof and leave the rest to God and the Govt
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:

I don't think, there is a falling for here. On this matter, finance said they need proof that you were not paid Feb. So am not paid, therefore I give them the proof and leave the rest to God and the Govt

They don't need statement to know if you were paid February salary or not. Its already in their online system in the ministry.

Even Nysc finance ministry dont need statement of account to know if your paid or not.

This is another scam. My principal only asked us to wait for biometrics. she was even affected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (856) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.