Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,039 members, 7,919,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:15 AM

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (37225 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2012
The last time I wrote WAEC was in 1997.if you still give me the waec questions to answer,I go still fail am! Waec sef too hard! Thank God for micro chips. undecided
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2012
These students didn't actually FAIL when their results weren't as they hoped it should be-they were only steps closer to their dreamed success;but they FAILED when they gave up on themselves and quit the path to success by committing suicide.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: Better suicide than remain in this hopeless country.. of course, if u're the only member of your family... and have no loved ones..
are you the only member of your family?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2012
Thats d problem,when too much importance is attached to a certificate,when a person is seen as a failure,when not having a certificate....its really affecting our development..there's life after certificate..GOD bless their soul.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2012
Thats d problem,when too much importance is attached to a certificate,when a person is seen as a failure,when not having a certificate.how many ibo boys have certificate?they will end up employing a graduate to be their P.A.....its really affecting our development..there's life after certificate..GOD bless their soul.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by mmmustapha(m): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2012
grin hell fire is waitin 4 them
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by martyns303(m): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2012
why are some people being so insensitive, even calling these kids names, do you guys know how young this girls are? the pressure? how the money was raised to pay for the exam? i failed the damn exam twice, i couldnt bring myself to tell my folks i failed AGAIN. I spent the whole day outside, my mom had to come look for me. just to make up for my failure i took up a job in my own uncle's firm to earn money to pay for the next exam myself. and sometimes it has nothing to do with maturity, a 43yr old man onces told me he'll rather commit suicide than have an incident report in his career.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Rhino5dm: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2012
You are under arrest for publicly admitting to cheating. You have the right to remain silent, cos anything you write shall be use for or against you in my bedroom. cool

@Topic:
If only someone was there to tell these kids that many people have succeeded without university degree, atleast Aliko Dangote can testify to that. what a sad end.

berem: The last time I wrote WAEC was in 1997.if you still give me the waec questions to answer,I go still fail am! Waec sef too hard! Thank God for micro chips. undecided
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by proudlyafrican(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Like a poster here earlier mentioned parents really need to do more on parenting to forestall situations of this nature. My niece stays with me and since he came to my place he has written both Waec,Neco and GCE consecutively for 4 years without success. My wife is always on my neck to kick his butt,his Mum will call me and tell me that it is evil spirit that is responsible for his failure and my Uncle will call me to send him to go and learn a trade. However,i did not give up,i will always encourage him,register him for tutorial and the three examination each year and lo and behold he made all his papers in the last waec.It was a relief to everyone.They are children, someone has to be responsible for their lives.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by frankmoney(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2012
i tink its plain stupidity . take your own life ? thats straight hell fire .
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Afam4eva(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
You are under arrest for publicly admitting to cheating. You have the right to remain silent, cos anything you write shall be use for or against you in my bedroom. cool

@Topic:
If only someone was there to tell these kids that many people have succeeded without university degree, atleast Aliko Dangote can testify to that. what a sad end.

See Thief wey wan catch thief. No be una dey sell expo to people?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Emilord(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2012
They r jst being foolish...jst three years of failure.only cowards commit suicide
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Whalles4(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2012
what a pity........... R.I.P
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by gbadexy(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2012
DonHummer: Wats up wit al dis suicide ....see wetin too nmuch american movies de cause
Gbam!
So many vices that were not common before.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by redsun(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2012
Nigerian education system is too rigid,too monotonous and too brainwashing.It does not give room to creativity,initiatives and aptitude management.It is time they understand the true meaning of continous assesmen in nigeria.Pupils dont necessarily have to fail and repeat classes,but instead they should be encourage to move on and do better by giving them better attention,alternative vocations and conducive environment for learnig .

The kind of education practiced in africa is like that of 19th century europe,not for the 21st century world,hence the chronic disaster in the area of human resources and commn sense.

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Reggie234: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2012
Very unnecessary, even Prof Wole Soyinka failed English before!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by proudlyafrican(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2012
Like a poster here earlier mentioned parents really need to do more on parenting to forestall situations of this nature. My niece stays with me and since she came to my place she has written both Waec,Neco and GCE consecutively for 4 years without success. My wife is always on my neck to kick her butt,her Mum will call me and tell me that it is evil spirit that is responsible for her failure and my Uncle will call me to send her to go and learn a trade. However,i did not give up,i will always encourage her,register her for tutorial and the three examination each year and lo and behold she made all her papers in the last waec.It was a relief to everyone.They are children, someone has to be responsible for their lives.

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by jude33084(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2012
May their bleeping soul rot in hell for putting their parents in pain angry

Useless children! angry
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by campella(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
Chanchit: I knew this kind of news would still come, thats how some secondary sch students kill themselves because of silly waec result instead of waiting to kill themselves after graduating frm university and remaining jobless for yrs...
Thats how one of them started a thread last week, that he/she feels like committing suicide, cos of one paper, i adviced her to take hypo or DD force, maybe she's one of them..

What an advice.
You did well, but I hope you ended up saying the right after that nasty advice?
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by heilige(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2012
Our leaders should be comitting suicide instead

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by 5alive(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2012
juman: We are definitely in trouble in this country. Committing suicide is becoming common.

This is not a good way to go. Life is more than failing WAEC even five times. Proper preparation is needed to pass every exams.

u dey craze ni, na nw u knw say nigerians dey commit suicides. because internet don dey nw no mean say pple neva dey kill themself b4 for nija.
I don commit suicide before
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by redsun(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2012
proudlyafrican: Like a poster here earlier mentioned parents really need to do more on parenting to forestall situations of this nature. My niece stays with me and since she came to my place she has written both Waec,Neco and GCE consecutively for 4 years without success. My wife is always on my neck to kick her butt,her Mum will call me and tell me that it is evil spirit that is responsible for her failure and my Uncle will call me to send her to go and learn a trade. However,i did not give up,i will always encourage her,register her for tutorial and the three examination each year and lo and behold she made all her papers in the last waec.It was a relief to everyone.They are children, someone has to be responsible for their lives.

Oyinbo would have called that dyslexia.I don't think there is any term like that in nigeria,rather like you said,even the education minister will attribute it to demons.

It is not everybody that is design to copy and paste.Children should be given wider range of chances to develop skillfully,trationally and creatively,not being schooled like zombies
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Prestonvic(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2012
Just 3times trial without success and they kill themseves Hmmm...
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Amtired: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2012
IF YOU ARE NOT IN THEIR SHOES, YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA BEHIND WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH AND WHAT MANY ARE STILL GOING THROUGH..
I HAVE WRITTEN JAMB AND POST JAMB FOR GOOD SIX TIMES (6 YEARS)WITH GOOD RESULTS, STILL NO ADMISSION!
CAN YOU IMAGINE, AFTER SCORING 238 IN JAMB I WENT FOR THIS YEAR POST JAMB IN UNIBEN, THE QUESTIONS WERE VERY VERY FRIENDLY TO ME AND I DID JUSTICE TO EVERY SINGLE QUESTION INDEPENDENTLY BECAUSE I SINCERELY PREPARED FOR THE EXAM.
WHEN THE POST JAMB RESULTS WERE RELEASED, I CHECKED MINE ONLY TO SEE "MALPRACTICE CASE" WITHOUT THE RESULT BEING RELEASE UP TILL THIS DATE!
THE FIRST OPTION TO ME WAS TO COMMIT SUICIDE! BUT I DECIDED TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS BACK TO UNIBEN TO FIND OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, NO ATTENTION WAS GIVEN TO ME. I DID NOT DO ANYTHING RELATED TO MALPRACTICES AND I WASN'T CAUGHT DOING ANYTHING WRONG IN THE EXAM HALL, WHY HAVE THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE MY RESULT UP TILL DATE? THIS IS NOT FAIR.
I'M WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO SHOW HOW BAD THE FEELING IS. IF ONLY THERE IS SOMETHING HIGHER THAN SUICIDE, I WOULDN'T MIND.
THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Richardid: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Our children should be taught that life is up and down and they should learn how to cope with it.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by achi4u(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2012
Oh! what a life?
But I pitty their parents who have trained their kids upto this level but have them death this mistrious way.
R.I.P kids
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Odunnu: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec G.c.e and 4 neco G.c.e exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i know almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because of pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc
choi! shocked
you have my respect. Such an inspiration for feeble minded folks who think suicide is the way out.
11 WAEC & 11 NECO plus 6GCE yet you are still standing!
Men and brethren! My respect Sir. If na me, honestly i'll quit after 3trials of a combination or either of the exams. I'll just go to the main market and arrange a shop for sales of tomato and atarugu.
Congrats Sir. Your best days are ahead.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by nodullin(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2012
Boko-Haram are out there in search of new recruit "sucide Bombers" that will b paid handsomely««
These 1's just took away their lives without considering a huge entitlement dat their family would ve gotten..

Wat a real waste of Human Capital!!!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

@Topic:

lol! Rhino abeg free me joor! C'mon don't tell me you didn't cheat too.abi na your brain you use write WAEC?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by DonaldGenes(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2012
Definitely 'em no fit go heaven..shuooooooooo 'em dey crase?
Albeit! I do blame the parents maybe they hv threatn those children one way or the other with harsh words,you know or maybe tagging them with names like Waec customer.things like that
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2012
talk true: Its a pity but waec need to be rebrand. They are really frustrating people.

to be rebranded.................this is why u fail English Language & Math and pass suicide.Those two subjects are simple but people do not do much to know them.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by DonaldGenes(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2012
no dullin: Boko-Haram are out there in search of new recruit "sucide Bombers" that will b paid handsomely««
These 1's just took away their lives without considering a huge entitlement dat their family would ve gotten..

Wat a real waste of Human Capital!!!
[color=#000000][/color]
hahhahahahhahahahahahhahah una qet mouth ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / OAU Sex For Mark: Monica Osagie Scored 45 And Not 33

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.