Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,204 members, 7,950,164 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (37320 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by deshclones(m): 10:40am On Aug 23, 2012
There is no justification for what they did jor....they failed waec..and so what?if we all commit suicide whenever we fail in any endeavor,the population would have reduced drastically....let them go jor...imagine committing suicide because of waec..when there are so many special centers littered everywhere...twats.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by begwong: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2012
They should have waited for NECO to release theirs,or must they pass WAEC
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Amtired: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes: Definitely 'em no fit go heaven..shuooooooooo 'em dey crase?
Albeit! I do blame the parents maybe they hv threatn those children one way or the other with harsh words,you know or maybe tagging them with names like Waec customer.things like that

You may be right
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by achi4u(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2012
5alive:

u dey craze ni, na nw u knw say nigerians dey commit suicides. because internet don dey nw no mean say pple neva dey kill themself b4 for nija.
I don commit suicide before
gringrin;DAbeg dont make me laugh we're in a mourning mood..
but how come you still dy alive?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2012
@amtired

dont give up hope...you are probably going tru so much shitt because the result is bound to be better

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by beldcat(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2012
hmm...dey killed themselves because of ordinary WAEC result.wat of person wey get accident wey him 2 legs break abi person wey dey 4 hospital bed abi the children wey dana aircraft kill them two parents wetin make com do now?....i guess they were not just ready 4 life itself, because life is more than just passing or failing WAEC.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Amtired: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2012
deshclones: There is no justification for what they did jor....they failed waec..and so what?if we all commit suicide whenever we fail in any endeavor,the population would have reduced drastically....let them go jor...imagine committing suicide because of waec..when there are so many special centers littered everywhere...twats.

Not everyone has money for that..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by redsun(m): 10:46am On Aug 23, 2012
deshclones: There is no justification for what they did jor....they failed waec..and so what?if we all commit suicide whenever we fail in any endeavor,the population would have reduced drastically....let them go jor...imagine committing suicide because of waec..when there are so many special centers littered everywhere...twats.

People are on the edge these days in nigeria.They dont seems to be nothing much to live for with the hopelessness brought upon them by evil and wayward leadership.

The youths are bearing the brunts of the hopelessly failed generation ahead of them.Life is worthless in nigeria,hence the incessant killings,kidnapping,mugging,mobing and suicide
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by uju22(f): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2012
No no no dat s uncalled for, u dnt stand until u fall several tyme, dat s nt d best way.
but all d same may dere soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2012
just my two cents hoping to give someone courage..its a poem called invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Amtired: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2012
redsun:

People are on the edge these days in nigeria.They dont seems to be nothing much to live for with the hopelessness brought upon them by evil and wayward leadership.

The youths are bearing the brunts of the hopelessly failed generation ahead of them.Life is worthless in nigeria,hence the incessant killings,kidnapping,mugging,mobing and suicide

Are you a Nigerian?
If yes, then I accept your criticism but if not, please stay away..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2012
A frnd once tld me dat wen she was in primary skul,her frnd drank the acid or wateva of a car battery cuz she failed,her popcy was harsh.fortunately she did nt die.dis sucide stuff is becoming a trend,only God kan we rely on
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Coldfaya(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2012
Amtired: IF YOU ARE NOT IN THEIR SHOES, YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA BEHIND WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH AND WHAT MANY ARE STILL GOING THROUGH..
I HAVE WRITTEN JAMB AND POST JAMB FOR GOOD SIX TIMES (6 YEARS)WITH GOOD RESULTS, STILL NO ADMISSION!
CAN YOU IMAGINE, AFTER SCORING 238 IN JAMB I WENT FOR THIS YEAR POST JAMB IN UNIBEN, THE QUESTIONS WERE VERY VERY FRIENDLY TO ME AND I DID JUSTICE TO EVERY SINGLE QUESTION INDEPENDENTLY BECAUSE I SINCERELY PREPARED FOR THE EXAM.
WHEN THE POST JAMB RESULTS WERE RELEASED, I CHECKED MINE ONLY TO SEE "MALPRACTICE CASE" WITHOUT THE RESULT BEING RELEASE UP TILL THIS DATE!
THE FIRST OPTION TO ME WAS TO COMMIT SUICIDE! BUT I DECIDED TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS BACK TO UNIBEN TO FIND OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, NO ATTENTION WAS GIVEN TO ME. I DID NOT DO ANYTHING RELATED TO MALPRACTICES AND I WASN'T CAUGHT DOING ANYTHING WRONG IN THE EXAM HALL, WHY HAVE THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE MY RESULT UP TILL DATE? THIS IS NOT FAIR.
I'M WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO SHOW HOW BAD THE FEELING IS. IF ONLY THERE IS SOMETHING HIGHER THAN SUICIDE, I WOULDN'T MIND.
THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE..

Here goes another case.

It'll deffinately b a lie if I tel u I know how u feel but i can only immagine. All I have to tell u is 'This shall pass' if u just hold on a lil more. U shall smile n laff over what life has thrown at u leter on. Try n find somthing doing; a vocation or somthing, no matter how messy provided it keeps ur mind busy. God b wif u!! Suicide isn't an option 4 u my friend!!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by stupor(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Chanchit: I knew this kind of news would still come, thats how some secondary sch students kill themselves because of silly waec result instead of waiting to kill themselves after graduating frm university and remaining jobless for yrs...
Thats how one of them started a thread last week, that he/she feels like committing suicide, cos of one paper, i adviced her to take hypo or DD force, maybe she's one of them..

Bros u barrrrd !

LWKMD !

No be lie you talk,dem never enter Higher institution dem dey commit suicide,
Dem never see Medical student after 12years wey no still get job ?

Am sure say whereva dey get to,dem go write jamb and WAEC before dem enter either Heaven or hell because if na hell,that guy go vex for dem gaan o because most Of him dudes na him dey pass pass as dem sabi their way !

No mind dem,after university make dem com ask millions wey never commit suicide because of no job after 6yrs of graduation.

LWKMDieoooooo
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Cupidkc(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2012
Is better I kill myself than commit suicide...lol
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by slumcat(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2012
chaircover: This is so sad.

My son is picking up his GCSE results today. He has very high hopes on what his result will be but and my husband and I still called him this morning and told him that whatever his results are, he is still our son, we love him and there are always other options even if he doesn't get what he expected.

At the end of the day, these are kids and are still learning the ups and downs that life throws at us and as parents we need to be there for them until they are old enough & mature enough to be able to deal with these knocks.
mummy, is dat u?

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Rhino5dm: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2012
My secondary school was tough and there was no "help" as such coming from the managements, I wrote waec and got 3 credits at first, though was young and naive about exams then.

I made it to pre-degree(remedials) with my 3 credits and some passes and ofcouse F9 in English language. So, yes na my brain I use write waec.

berem: lol! Rhino abeg free me joor! C'mon don't tell me you didn't cheat too.abi na your brain you use write WAEC?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by bibigirl07: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2012
This is indeed heart-wrenching! If only they they had proper guidance ‎​Ãήϑ counselling, this would being averted. Them for come ask me naa, I wrote WAEC into two diciplines; Sciences ‎​Ãήϑ Arts. My father was sooo pushy, I ran away from Sciences when I was in entering SS3. Physics/chemistry being my headache then. I did the arts: made all my papers. Did Jamb, put in for MassComm. Dad got a wind of it, all hell was let loose. He insisted I go back to re-write WAEC in SCIENCES. I had to stay @home for anoda 2yrs, battling physics/chem. When I finally made it: I was completely brain-drained. Jamb jamed me for anoda 2yrs before I got admission, by then I put for Economics. LASU palaver started, carry overs reared their adoring heads ‎​Ãήϑ made my undergrad years a living hell. Finally bagged my Bsc Econs @ d ripe old age of 26. Now @28, settled ‎​Ãήϑ married, am gearing to go back for a second degree. Life is full of challenges/doses of bs along d wayside. Success witout Failure is unheard of, I feel for their loved ones...
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by slumcat(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2012
Amtired: IF YOU ARE NOT IN THEIR SHOES, YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA BEHIND WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH AND WHAT MANY ARE STILL GOING THROUGH..
I HAVE WRITTEN JAMB AND POST JAMB FOR GOOD SIX TIMES (6 YEARS)WITH GOOD RESULTS, STILL NO ADMISSION!
CAN YOU IMAGINE, AFTER SCORING 238 IN JAMB I WENT FOR THIS YEAR POST JAMB IN UNIBEN, THE QUESTIONS WERE VERY VERY FRIENDLY TO ME AND I DID JUSTICE TO EVERY SINGLE QUESTION INDEPENDENTLY BECAUSE I SINCERELY PREPARED FOR THE EXAM.
WHEN THE POST JAMB RESULTS WERE RELEASED, I CHECKED MINE ONLY TO SEE "MALPRACTICE CASE" WITHOUT THE RESULT BEING RELEASE UP TILL THIS DATE!
THE FIRST OPTION TO ME WAS TO COMMIT SUICIDE! BUT I DECIDED TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS BACK TO UNIBEN TO FIND OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, NO ATTENTION WAS GIVEN TO ME. I DID NOT DO ANYTHING RELATED TO MALPRACTICES AND I WASN'T CAUGHT DOING ANYTHING WRONG IN THE EXAM HALL, WHY HAVE THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE MY RESULT UP TILL DATE? THIS IS NOT FAIR.
I'M WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO SHOW HOW BAD THE FEELING IS. IF ONLY THERE IS SOMETHING HIGHER THAN SUICIDE, I WOULDN'T MIND.
THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE..
CHAI... NAIJA IS A DREAM KILLER. BUT I'D RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN COMMIT SUICIDE.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec G.c.e and 4 neco G.c.e exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i know almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because of pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc

Magic center
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by sydneyobioha(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2012
Seæn: shocked shocked
naa waa oo... Are u sure u posses a brain or cotton wool inside ur skull...? Sorry, no hard feelings.. tongue
Seæn: shocked shocked
naa waa oo... Are u sure u posses a brain or cotton wool inside ur skull...? Sorry, no hard feelings..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Bukan: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2012
many pple ar dere 10yra jobless after graduatio 4rm Universities,These 2 girls ar disgrace to thrir God n their Family by so doing b/cos of mere WAE of about 3yrs tial lol.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec G.c.e and 4 neco G.c.e exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i know almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because of pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc
GADDAMIT! You wrote waec 11times? Didn't WAEC give you the award of best costumer of the decade? You suppose to work for WAEC office sef! 11yrs no be joke walahi!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Mucokey(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: Better suicide than remain in this hopeless country.. of course, if u're the only member of your family... and have no loved ones..
Can't get used to swallowing weed as some Nlanders re getting used all day. Now dat they ve parents n love ones...wats ur another deranged way of managing dis absurd situation?...#muuminiho
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by CeaserB: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
[b]The Cost Of Writing Exams In This Country Is Too Depressing.
I Can Imagine What They Might Have Felt (The Shame Of Facing Their Peers Who Are Already In School)
How About Their Parents? We Don't Know If These Kids Come From Parents Who Are "Over-Disciplinarians"

My Story Comes From This;
English Failed Me Twice In My WAEC Exams.
I Couldn't Take It Because I'd Never Failed English All Through My School Days.
I Began To Ponder If They Were Some Evil Forces In The W.A.E.C Board Who Didn't Want Me To Pass English.
I Couldn't Stop Thinking To Myself How Could A Science Student Who Got As in Maths, Economics and Geography, Bs in Physics, Agric. and Biology, Cs in Chemistry and Yoruba Language and There I was Struggling With Ds in English in two consecutive exams.
My Third Attempt wasn't successful too. Infact on the day I was to write English I developed Exam Fever.
I vomitted in the exam hall and was rushed to the hospital, I couldn't complete the exam.
After that incident I became feeling suicidal, I didn't end my life only because I wasn't bold enough to do it. But in my heart I felt like dying.
My Parents even pressurized me harder by too much complain, ensuring I don't have anytime to rest. I was made to go to morning and evening lessons, had a weekend private teacher. No tv and funtime for me.
Home was a living hell for a young teenager who felt the world was against him.
As a last resort I had to elope. I ran away from home and travelled to PH. My plan was to go to my uncle's place but on getting there I changed my mind. I decided to live in the streets. I was sleeping in abandoned cars and sometimes in bushes. I did this for weeks before it dawned on me that I wasn't doing any good to myself.
I had to present my sorry face to my uncle in PH on a saturday morning. My welcome greeting was two slaps on the face from the rtd. Major and then a fatherly hug.
I didn't know how much pain I had caused my family until that day.
I decided to stay with my uncle until I passed my exam before I could return home. My uncle's place gave me a new life and I realized that too much security at home was my problem.
Apparently I became more comfortable and my fourth attempt came with a B in English smiley
Now I look back at my past and smile that I got the chance to get it right.
These girls didn't get the chance to get it right cos No one was apparently there to support them.

Parents Need To Morally Support Their Children and Make Them Understand That Life Is Not A Do or Die Affair.
Peer Pressure Too Must Be Addressed Within Ourselves.
May God Grant Them A Safe Passage To Heaven.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Mucokey(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2012
Kayusfity: Thank God our population is reducing....NEXT!!!!!!!!
Inasmuch as Seun is yet to com up with dis UNLIKE / HATE button...i suggest u queue in 4 "next in line of action"
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by GetOvaMe: 11:41am On Aug 23, 2012
God go punish WAEC, Y Dem go dey use people destiny dey play?. ?.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by mimicue(f): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2012
THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE..

Aww so sorie keep praying therez nofin God cannot do.. Taking ur life is not the next option.. Focus on something else like trying diploma, pre degree
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by crislyn(f): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2012
Na wa o na so waec don take important reach?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by mylunch: 11:45am On Aug 23, 2012
THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE..
I would be telling a huge lie if i tell you i understand exactly how you feel,because i don't,but i have a cousin that went through same thing as you,but today he is a medicine student,pls am making an appeal to you,don't give up,you are destined for greatness,be still and know that he is God. Though your beginning might be small,but your end will be an amazing one,for every thing in life,God says there is a season he has destined,and he will give you d beauty of said season when the time arrives.It is surely well with you.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by chiochio1(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
chei, what pity...atleast the stress and shame is over now...well i am crying and rolling on the ground for them here grin grin grin
solgee: I can't believe you are in support of what they did...huh!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by segzyndpep(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2012
Its so heartbreakning some parents are most of the cause...dey r not encouraging at all.......may dere soul rest in peace...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) / Signing Out Pictures Of A Unilorin Nairalander!!! / The Polytechnic Ibadan Admission List Out 1st Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.