Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,866 members, 7,872,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol (11400 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by TheGeneral1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup has just become a superstar!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by DANILSA(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?
Come malam, u be Bokoharam CIA or M15? Why u wan know every.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Beync(f): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
cheddarking: How do they intend to spot the Boko Boys from that high up? undecided
they will use microscope grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by sylve11: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Stallion77:

Lord have mercy!

r u scared? grin grin cool
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by dedeike: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666:

LOL, chill out. I don't want to know, I do know instead. THe point is, there is no operational interceptors here. Nigeria has 910,768 sq km territory, 13,000 sq km territorial waters, and 4047 km of borders. For the country of this size, you need at least 4 to 6 pairs of aircrafts in the air at any given moment, plus at least 3 times that number on stand-by and under maintenance... Nigeria has many transport planes (C5 or C130), but I highly doubt it has any fighter jet that is fully operational and has enough supplies (spare parts, ammo etc).

What about the fighter jets that they use for displays during the jubilee anniversary and inauguration ceremony?
I'm sure they do have.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
Check the numbers I stated, if you have a couple of them (probably MiG21 or F5), that is nice indeed, but hardly enough.

btw, there are other (cheaper and most of the time more reliable) ways to to aerial surveillance and/or engage the targets.

DANILSA: Come malam, u be Bokoharam CIA or M15? Why u wan know every.

It was more a hypothetical question, I am not really interested in knowing the exact figures.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by SisiKill1: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
AIR FORCE HELICOPTERS AND DRONES WHIRLING IN THE BACKGROUND

ABATI'S VOICEOVER - THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA PRESENTS - FIGHTING BOKO HARAM (ACTION FILM)

*GEJ walks to the Nigerian stage, Mike in Hand,
Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing
Starts Singing to Nigerians*

Let’s go (oshe ocada)
Left left left left left left (oshe danfo)
Left right left right left right (gbe keke e)
Ladies and gentleman, I am back (oya oya oya kalo)

I would like to take for a ride,
I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky
So fun won, kpe ko wa tasi mi
Cos I be actor for this action film

GEJ SUPPORTERS' RESPONSE -
NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
FOREIGN BODIES' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
Little enlightment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Air_Force

Especially the first paragraph is important. Very small number of aircrafts is still airworthy, and that was the whole point of my first post in this thread.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
What comes to my mind is the possibility of purchase of certain number of new or refurbished jets... F18, MiG29B or MiG29M, Su27 or such, along with armament, pilots training, consultancy etc.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: AIR FORCE HELICOPTERS AND DRONES WHIRLING IN THE BACKGROUND

ABATI'S VOICEOVER - THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA PRESENTS - FIGHTING BOKO HARAM (ACTION FILM)

Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing

Let’s go (oshe ocada)

I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky

NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -

Chai!!! Nairaland o.... grin grin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by esn1(f): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
Abeg make una leave vegetable soup, I think he was angry and that was his best expression. One love.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
To me, the most cost-efficient option would be to get 24 new jets, for 4 main bases, and a bit more drones. Drones are a lot cheaper to fly, especially on a daily and continuous basis, and can be well-equipped with surveillance stuff. On the contrary, flying a plane like MiG29 costs well over $5000 per hour (fuel, maintenance, replacement parts etc).
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gidiMonsta(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2012

Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing

Let’s go (oshe ocada)

I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky

NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -

grin grin grin grin Sisi_Kill don kill me oooooo
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by blackborn7(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
basket mouth don open mouth again ooo,
basket mouth don start to leak again ooo
ooh ooh.......
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by cheddarking(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: To me, the most cost-efficient option would be to get 24 new jets, for 4 main bases, and a bit more drones. Drones are a lot cheaper to fly, especially on a daily and continuous basis, and can be well-equipped with surveillance stuff. On the contrary, flying a plane like MiG29 costs well over $5000 per hour (fuel, maintenance, replacement parts etc).

For Border Patrol?!

Guy stop trying to be a know-all...Talk smart!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by monosetale: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup: so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?
Your ingrish sounds like the condition of the nation..₪ǻ which kind vegetable U̶̲̥̅̊ chop.plantain leaf? Your sentence deserve a whole thread.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Bukkyade: 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Stallion77:

Lord have mercy!
which one is lord have mercy, have u ever been to the boarder? They are force presents all over.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
cheddarking:

For Border Patrol?!

Guy stop trying to be a know-all...Talk smart!

Well, being from that field, I happened to know. if you think I am wrong, then tell us how much do YOU think it costs to fly that category of plane, per hour?
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by cheddarking(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666:

Well, being from that field, I happened to know. if you think I am wrong, then tell us how much do YOU think it costs to fly that category of plane, per hour?

So Nigeria needs 24 new jets to fly over the Nigeria-Chad border daily?

Please park well...
and on ya innner light...
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by mcevans1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2012

Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing

Let’s go (oshe ocada)

I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky

NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -

Hahahahahaha!! *Falls 4rm Mango Tree*
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by asemota2012: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
If the Nigerian air force has not been doing this,then what have they been doing for this country for God sake?
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
cheddarking:

So Nigeria needs 24 new jets to fly over the Nigeria-Chad border daily?

Please park well...
and on ya innner light...

You did not answer my direct and a very simple question. What is the cost of operating, for instance, MiG29M, per hour?
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Handsomeemmy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?
Too much of action film, so people that know the difference between fighter jet and surveillance aircraft will ask unneccessary question. Some will even say nurk the whole north as if nuclear weapon is just like Ied.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by solomon111(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012

Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing

Let’s go (oshe ocada)

I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky

NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -
WTH IS THIS?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by ocelot2006(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2012

I'm not so sure. The ATR-48s are based in Benin, Mi-35 Attack and Bo-105 light utility helos are in PH. The Alpha attack jets are still at 99 Weapons Training school Kianji, and the new F-7 interceptors and L-39 attack aircrafts at Tactical Air command. Maybe our UAVs will be deployed up north, along with some Mi-35s for combat air support. they may equally co-ordinate patrols taken by the Custom's Dornier, although the aircraft may still be manned by pilots from the Custom's airwing.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nice, nice. Don't take me wrong, I jsut wish this place becomes as safe as possible, that is all.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by turl(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Drones are a cheaper and safer option though, also an advantage considering the range they have to cover, targets can be laced and enemies supressed sharply..we don't need to buy new jets.the ones we have now should do..but I don't see this happening in Nigeria tbh, not with our backward approach to ideas.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Stallion77(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
sylve11:

r u scared? grin grin cool

Bukkyade: which one is lord have mercy, have u ever been to the boarder? They are force presents all over.

my comment was for Vegetable soup not even the airforce thing. i quoted him b4 the comment.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by elRoi: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
i just pray that these air force guys will be careful cos BH boiz aint smiling ooo.... undecided undecided
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Stallion77(f): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: Little enlightment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Air_Force

Especially the first paragraph is important. Very small number of aircrafts is still airworthy, and that was the whole point of my first post in this thread.

this link is wikipedia my broda...you know when it was last updated[size=14pt]?[/size]
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Litmus: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
What with upkeep, fuel and the obvious need for procurement of more aircraft it all amounts to astronomical costs born by Nigeria to benefit of Western arms and technology suppliers. Meanwhile a cursory thought about the future, informs one, that as people in Africa become more informed due to cheap and readily available technology such as mobile phones, nations of Africa with at least some pretense towards nationhood will become vulnerable to the restive youths of outright failed nations. Nigeria is now experiencing this. For instance, people talk of population explosion in Nigeria without considering if there is an inverse population decrease in West African states. The up-short is this, while border control is critical in the short term, in the long-term African states like Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia etc have to begin to consider what to do about assisting the development of other African economies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Chime Was Treated For Cancer Abroad / Arewa Youths Can’t Fool Us With Withdrawal— Niger Delta Agitators / Nigeria’s Poverty Rate Calls For Worry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.