Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,563 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:43 AM

FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol (11408 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
Stallion77:

this link is wikipedia my broda...you know when it was last updated[size=14pt]?[/size]

This page was last modified on 14 August 2012 at 05:56.

However, the content may not be so much up-to-date. In any case, good move by the FG.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666:

LOL, chill out. I don't want to know, I do know instead. THe point is, there is no operational interceptors here. Nigeria has 910,768 sq km territory, 13,000 sq km territorial waters, and 4047 km of borders. For the country of this size, you need at least 4 to 6 pairs of aircrafts in the air at any given moment, plus at least 3 times that number on stand-by and under maintenance... Nigeria has many transport planes (C5 or C130), but I highly doubt it has any fighter jet that is fully operational and has enough supplies (spare parts, ammo etc).
lol bro...war never break out na! Na only patrol then wan do. In my own opinion I think FG need to acquire a UAV(hunter-killer or predator)...that should help those mofos get to their paradise of 72virgings in the speed-of-light.

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by idupaul: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
You don't need an interceptor for any border patrol all that is needed is a Multi role multi radar patrol aircraft , any midsiized turbo prop aircraft can be converted for such role .. Sadly our Airforce does not have any at the moment but the Customs had one some years ago though doubt if it is still flying
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by ogbronx(m): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
what a waste!it seems we are very shy of using technology like drones. To patrol such borders with air-crafts that wouldnt fire on anything is wasteful. If we were at war,it would ve made sense to send pilots and these jets up.Besides,most of the alleged smuggling of BH foot-soldiers would most likely happen at night. Its doesnt make sense abeg. we really need to ask ourselves who these BH pple are.For all i care,anybody can be because i ve not totally ruled-out the govt sef. for example,immediately after fuel hike,we heard BH ordered all xtains to leave northern state. common sense pple!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by digospel2: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Please, make sure no boko haram member/agent are among those to patrol on air otherwise we will begin to witness air bombing. Oh God, save Nigeria in Jesus name(Amen).
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by nduchucks: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon:

hey dont come and spoil my thread with your drunk english o!

The chap's IQ is most likely higher than yours. Assuming that because you write a foreign language better than other people means you are more intelligent, implies that you are not. olodo
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
jmaine:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Who put strong leaf = Igbo/Hemp for that vegetable soup give you chop undecided

Your post has[b] died [/b] me . .

sorry i wanted to say your post fit death person .

Oops ! i meant to say your post is dying me with hahahahahahah grin . .

grin grin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by zeal500: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
9JA and its Govt can sometimes sound like one big joke
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup: so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?
chei!! Ah DON DIE. . .az IN
vegetarian englishgrin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
the NAF have fighter jets that are fully operational. The best we have at this time is the F-7. We have 15 of them and they were bought from china in 2009. We also have UAV with the code name AMEBO. This is for the info of some deluded people here who do nothing but look down on the country. These people are so quick to dismiss anything naija without doing their research. How i wish na so we dey quick to give our govt moral support.

NB: the UAV is made locally.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Wait does that mean no more custom service??
I really hope this also deals with d corruption with those custom ppl
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: guy are u related to patience jonathan or victor ikpeba?
walahi!! If patience spk dah kyne english na impeach we go impeach her yansh comot black house
and yes. . .he's actually d brother-in-law 2 d nephew of patience's 2nd cousingrin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup: so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?
bros u knw well o!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
DANILSA: Come malam, u be Bokoharam CIA or M15? Why u wan know every.
i tire o!!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
dedeike:

What about the fighter jets that they use for displays during the jubilee anniversary and inauguration ceremony?
I'm sure they do have.
eh!!
Those rusty pieces of metals?? Hehe. . .i just pity d condition of d pilots,abegi o!!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: AIR FORCE HELICOPTERS AND DRONES WHIRLING IN THE BACKGROUND

ABATI'S VOICEOVER - THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA PRESENTS - FIGHTING BOKO HARAM (ACTION FILM)

*GEJ walks to the Nigerian stage, Mike in Hand,
Counts down to to zero
Music Starts Playing
Starts Singing to Nigerians*

Let’s go (oshe ocada)
Left left left left left left (oshe danfo)
Left right left right left right (gbe keke e)
Ladies and gentleman, I am back (oya oya oya kalo)

I would like to take for a ride,
I'll be your superman,
I'll take you to the sky
So fun won, kpe ko wa tasi mi
Cos I be actor for this action film

GEJ SUPPORTERS' RESPONSE -
NIGERIANS' RESPONSE -
FOREIGN BODIES' RESPONSE -
BOKO HARAM'S RESPONSE -
gringringrin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Shaw007(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: To me, the most cost-efficient option would be to get 24 new jets, for 4 main bases, and a bit more drones. Drones are a lot cheaper to fly, especially on a daily and continuous basis, and can be well-equipped with surveillance stuff. On the contrary, flying a plane like MiG29 costs well over $5000 per hour (fuel, maintenance, replacement parts etc).
alright i think its time 2 go 2 war against cameroun and Ghanagrin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by lukkie(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
What about Tompolo? Why can't Jonathan give him the contract?
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oga no b u scatter our pictures of Nigeria divided thread? ebeg make you de advertise wer you wan post i go like to de read am grin grin grin grin grin in your word, i want to reading your post any time you are written it!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by cutievik: 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Stallion77:

this link is wikipedia my broda...you know when it was last updated[size=14pt]?[/size]
Hey lady wit all due respect and honesty,refer to a more updated site if u got one.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Iolo(m): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?

With my liTtle knowledge, interceptors and fighter jets in general are never used for ground survellance which is the aim of this mission I believe. To give the Nigeria Customs Service some eyes in the air on illegal smuggling routes and stuff.

Besides, fighter jets move too fast to see anything on the ground.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gsalvatore: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
souldust: the NAF have fighter jets that are fully operational. The best we have at this time is the F-7. We have 15 of them and they were bought from china in 2009. We also have UAV with the code name AMEBO. This is for the info of some deluded people here who do nothing but look down on the country. These people are so quick to dismiss anything naija without doing their research. How i wish na so we dey quick to give our govt moral support.

NB: the UAV is made locally.
my broda! UAV are not locally made-do u know the meaning of UAV(unmanned ariel vehicle). Naija no get dis one-sorry to burst ur Amebo bubble,
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Iolo(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
gsalvatore: my broda! UAV are not locally made-do u know the meaning of UAV(unmanned ariel vehicle). Naija no get dis one-sorry to burst ur Amebo bubble,

Just Googled, here's the pic of our locally made UAV - the Amebo I. Looks nothing like the UAVs developed by the US and Isreal so I'd say its pretty genuine.

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
gsalvatore: my broda! UAV are not locally made-do u know the meaning of UAV(unmanned ariel vehicle). Naija no get dis one-sorry to burst ur Amebo bubble,
you are one of the people i discribed in my post. Pls get a life. How much of the NAF do you know? I am telling you what i am sure of so i would advice you to make your research before you spill rubbish.for you, becos it is 'unmanned' you think its beyond us. Sorry ohhhhh. Again i say; the UAV we have was made here in naija.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
@gsalvatore, now that another person has confirmed it, is your perception of the country going to change?
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Even John Okafor is warning you. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 5:52am On Aug 24, 2012
Stallion77:

Lord have mercy!

Haha....My bro woke me up at midnight, laughing hysterically, to read these comments. I got to yours and fell on d floor laughing/crying. Couldn't even read further...lmao
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Euroclydon(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The chap's IQ is most likely higher than yours. Assuming that because you write a foreign language better than other people means you are more intelligent, implies that you are not. olodo

bros wetin i do you na? u wey know every!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by mikolo80: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2012
Stallion77:

Lord have mercy!
INCOMINGGGG.MEEEEN SEE GRAMMAR OF MASS DESTRUCTION.SOMEBODY CALL THE CAVALRY QUICK.ABI NA AIR PATROL
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Parnassuss(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
gator_666: What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?

How many active brain cells do u have? All? Well planes are like those to the Air Force so leave off with ur ignorance!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Parnassuss(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2012

#clapping mouth intermittently# WUWUWUWUWUWU

Fa-fa-faaaaaa...FOWL!!! Is U!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by KingSolomonI: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
I have been laughing all thru this thread...OMG!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa / Buhari’s campaign Writes Police, SSS, Accuses PDP Of hacking INEC Server / Court Restrains Governor Ganduje From Taking Action Against Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.