Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,890 members, 7,949,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt (1625 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law–united States Govt. / United States Govt Transfer Military Equipment To The Nigerian Army / Don't Travel To Troubled Northern States Govt. Advises Deltans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by awestreet(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2007
find it difficult to understand why USA have not done anything to correct the Sanni Abacha-like government of Pakistan. i think they should explain to us who is responsible for her death ( BHUTTO), if not the US government.pls air your views
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Mamajama(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2007
@awestreet I was thinking the same. But that is a very strong allegation with no concrete evidence to substantiate your point.

She could have been killed by anyone that does not agree with her western way or ideas.

Her story remind me of when IBB was in power. All the atrocities that he committed against human kind was supported by USA.

They benefited from the oil from the naija delta. either way her death is untimely and sad.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by hollandis(f): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2007
peeps

lipsrsealed
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by OEPHIUS(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2007
their are a thousand and one people who would want her dead and i do not get you mamajama if she has western ideas why would america have her killed except you mean indirectly responsoble which i would support but there are about one thousand groups thatwould want her dead these asains no one understands them
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by babasin(m): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
Bleep

Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Iman3(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2007
Ok. . . .Bhutto was killed by the US but who then killed logic?
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by doyin13(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2007
I second the motion. . .It makes a lot of sense. a toto colo application of logic tongue
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2007
United States facilitated the return of Bhutto, but they forgot to provide her with reliable security just like the one they've provided the president of Afghanistan and the president and prime minister of Iraq.

I just don't understand it.

There is one thing that remains intact: if United States wants you around, they will make sure you stay around forever.
It's that simple!
And this is the only reason why this assassination looks like a trap or setup.

It's like sending someone to war with a gun, but forget to give this person ammunition for the gun!
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2007
Big B1:

United States facilitated the return of Bhutto, but they forgot to provide her with reliable security just like the one they've provided the president of Afghanistan and the president and prime minister of Iraq.

I just don't understand it.

There is one thing that remains intact: if United States wants you around, they will make sure you stay around forever.
It's that simple!
And this is the only reason why this assassination looks like a trap or setup.

It's like sending someone to war with a gun, but forget to give this person ammunition for the gun!

No US security forces are allowed on Pakistani soil unlike Iraq and Afghanistan . . . how then could the US have protected Bhutto? By US warships?

Your inability to reason . . . i just dont understand it.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 12:12am On Dec 30, 2007
Your inability to reason . . . i just don't understand it.

If your entire family reasons like I do, you wouldn't be in Rochester today freezing your black As s!

Don't ever talk to me like that again!
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 30, 2007
Big B1:

If your entire family reasons like I do, you wouldn't be in Rochester today freezing your black As s!

You have a valid point though. If only you could reason you wont be behaving like a spoilt 12 yr old.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by doyin13(m): 12:23am On Dec 30, 2007
Hehehehehehe. . . .

Nairaland- - - - -I love it grin grin grin grin
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by hollandis(f): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2007
The same America supported Musharraf in a bloody coup'd'etat that ousted an elected sharif.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by mrpataki(m): 12:27am On Dec 30, 2007
Big B1:

If indeed you claim to be old enough, show it in your posts.

At the moment, you are far below a teenager.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2007
Mrpataki:
the honorary referee; when are you finally going to buy your own car?
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Dec 30, 2007
@Poster, Ok, so you think the US had her killed after supporting her going back to Pakistan about 3 months ago. Let us reason this out please. Bhutto herself had wanted to go back herself. She made a deal with the US and it's allies to help bring democracy to Pakistan if they would help her and they did. She was able to come back with the charges against her dropped and she getting a go ahead to run for prime minister for the third time in Pakistan. So, Bhutto goes back to pakistan and calls for the elections to go ahead as planned and the president not to go back on his agreement and the man foolishly calls for a state of emergency. His action was immediately condemned by the US and it's allies. Just a couple of days to the election which they have all been waiting for, Bhutto got assasinated and we say it is the US that did it. Could you please give us the how, without taking us down "conspiracy theory" lane and also the how.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by DisGuy: 5:12am On Dec 30, 2007
some of you have this urge to defend the US like robots
very weird anti-American threads are popping up recently and you drag the 'illogical' threads on and on
you all actually dive in like you are being paid to speak on their behalf
and it's the same group everywhere almanjari style
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Dec 30, 2007
Dis Guy:

very weird anti-American threads are popping up recently and you drag the 'illogical' threads on and on

Well, I am sorry if I do not like to follow the crowd stupidly like many would prefer, some of us still like to remain rational in our thinking and the way we approach issues such as this. I am still waiting for someone with objective reasoning to explain how he/she would arrive at such a conclusion given what we actually know and not what is imagined.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by RichyBlacK(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2007
Dis Guy:

Excellent observation.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by RichyBlacK(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2007
I do not believe US intelligence services hatched a plan that would end in Bhutto's death.

However, their expectedly neophytic foreign policy created the stage and provided the lighting for this theater of carnage that resulted in Bhutto's death.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2007
@Poster, I am still waiting to get your take on this please.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Excellent observation.

One part of his "excellent observation" that you failed to note is that the anti-american threads are weird and the sentiments expressed by the anti-america brigade is mostly illogical.

RichyBlacK:

However, their expectedly neophytic foreign policy created the stage and provided the lighting for this theater of carnage that resulted in Bhutto's death.

This US foreign policy seems to affect ONLY islamic countries. We dont see Ghanaians killing their opposition leaders over "neophytic foreign policies" do we?
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2007
davidylan:

One part of his "excellent observation" that you failed to note is that the anti-american threads are weird and the sentiments expressed by the anti-america brigade is mostly illogical.

This US foreign policy seems to affect ONLY islamic countries. We don't see Ghanaians killing their opposition leaders over "neophytic foreign policies" do we?

I am glad I am not the only one to notice this trend. I still wait for someone to actually list these so called FOREIGN POLICIES and explain how they are evil compared to those of the countries that supposedly are against them.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Mariory(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I still wait for someone to actually list these so called FOREIGN POLICIES and explain how they are evil compared to those of the countries that supposedly are against them.

They have no such explanation. Even Nigerian behaves the same way in West Africa as the US does in world politics. Ultimately, their final excuse will be "US supports Israel"
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by texazzpete(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2007
Truth be told, Nigeria doesn't need raving idiots like the original poster if we truly are to develop.

Were this to be Engadget or xda-developers or any other forum/blog i visit, i'd have insisted he was trying for sarcasm. But i know how illogical people can be on Nairaland, and this guy takes the cake, hands down!

What next? Blame the US for the killer beans saga?
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2007
First, I'm not blaming US for anything. It was crystal obvious that some folks in Pakistan did not feel this woman; though, CNN only showed the side that loved Bhutto.
What many did not know was that many in Pakistan vigorously hated this lady; in fact, she was charged twice for corruption in the 90's and many felt that she couldn't be trusted.

The only question is: Do you guys truly feel that CIA didn't see this (assassination) coming?
If United States truly wanted this lady as the next president of Pakistan, trust me, something would have been done indirectly to protect her from being wasted like this.

I still strongly feel that even though, the relationship between the current president of Pakistan and United States is not stable, but please note that the only reason why this man is being despised in Pakistan is just because of his support for United states.
I think United States prefers to stick with him rather than starting from the beginning with another party with a new agenda.
I predict that the man will remain the president of Pakistan.

Please, keep in mind that Big B1 is not pointing finger; this is nothing but a mere discussion.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2007
Big B1:

First, I'm not blaming US for anything. It was crystal obvious that some folks in Pakistan did not feel this woman; though, CNN only showed the side that loved Bhutto.
What many did not know was that many in Pakistan vigorously hated this lady; in fact, she was charged twice for corruption in the 90's and many felt that she couldn't be trusted.

The only question is: Do you guys truly feel that CIA didn't see this (assassination) coming?
If United States truly wanted this lady as the next president of Pakistan, trust me, something would have been done indirectly to protect her from being wasted like this.

I still strongly feel that even though, the relationship between the current president of Pakistan and United States is not stable, but please note that the only reason why this man is being despised in Pakistan is just because of his support for United states.
I think United States prefers to stick with him rather than starting from the beginning with another party with a new agenda.
I predict that the man will remain the president of Pakistan.

Please, keep in mind that Big B1 is not pointing finger; this is nothing but a mere discussion.

Here is the kicker. She was not to REPLACE musharaf. She was merely to become prime minister, to help stabilize things in the country as much as she could. She came in before the relationship between the US and musharaf became strained. I know and have followed the news from pakistan, BBC and CNN for months now on this issue and it is well known that she recieved threats even before she landed in the country. She saw, infact many people saw her assasination coming. I mean if you go back to interviews with BBC, CNN, NBC and many other networks in and outside of the USA with her, she had recieved death threats on a daily basis. If the USA was not able to 100% protect it's own citizens on 9/11 how then do you expect them to safe guard this woman 100% right there in the den of lions where she was assasinated?

There are actually musharaf supporters right there in pakistan and outside of pakistan as well. His relationship with the USA is not a problem to ALL pakistanis and there were many people who welcomed bhutto back even with her alliance with the USA and the western world. So with all this said, it still does not make sense that the USA would want to assasinate the only other person who they have in that country knowing full well that now that Musharaf is no longer in charge of the armed forces, he could be out any time soon.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2007
Good point!
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by texazzpete(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2007
@BigB1
Most of the people that hated her were the Islamic extremsts that hated the idea of a woman leader.
Yes, some people hated her (which politician didnt have thousands of enemies) but her party still remained the most popular in Pakistan. She had one thing no Nigerian politician can dream of having
Love
I cannot imagine thousands of Nigerians crying if Yar'Adua gets bumped off

As to your allegations, The US has no hand in Pakistani internal security. Hell, the US has to pay Pakistan money because the Pakistan armed forces is supposed to be fighting terrorists on the Americans' behalf. Have you heard of US troops operating permanently from Paki territory?

The US secret service could not prevent an untrained civillian from seriously wounding President Reagan in the early 80s. They cannot protect their own soldiers completely from suicide and roadside bombing. [b]What kind of logic do you apply to convince yourself that they could have prevented any such attack?[/b]
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2007
Trust me, United States could have performed miracle indirectly (either by out-sourcing or relocating the lady). They knew her days were numbered.
You can say anything about US, but they are not dummies!
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by texazzpete(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2007
Yes, BigB1, but i don't trust you.

Now, if you're an opposition candidate running for election in your country you've been away from for so long, and you had to face insinuations of being too cozy with western powers would you

1. Stay in Pakistan, continue your grassroots campaign, build on your popularity and meet your fans or
2. Stay in a well fortified US camp in Neighbouring Afghanistan, campaining from hovering helicopters etc and risk being tainted as a US stooge

Your choice.
She made hers.
Re: Bhutto Was Killed By The United States Govt by BigB11(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2007
I will select anything that will prolong my life.

No life = No politics and no campaign!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Buy Andy Uba's Punch Ad - Mark @ 61 - On David Mark / How Do We Stop This Re-branding movement? / Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.