Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,591 members, 7,895,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:45 AM

What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? (7332 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Callotti: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
A God that is not heartless enough to send his so-called 'only-BIGOTTED, bassssad' born of a super-DENSE, MGBEKE of a SHEMALUU to die worse than Osama Bin Ladin or Gaddafi!!!! grin The woman agreed to the'kwah-kwah' prophesy! cheesy
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by cyrexx: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
The OP: If God happens to exist, and judgement thus begins I REALLY HOPE WE GET TO APPEAL WHATEVER JUDGEMENT HE HANDS TO US.

rest your mind and dont bother yourself with this judgement day scare tactics common to abrahamic religions.

its a proven technique that works for them to gain massive follwers who are simply gullible and fearful. "the fear of their god is the beginning and the end of their wisdom" say their book of proverb

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Callotti: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
A God that does not KILL her Believers who commit the crimes she invented in the first place! grin

1 Like

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Callotti: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
No 'trolling' please! grin

A God that does not hide like SOME wretched, NL 'Mr. Anony' coward! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Callotti: 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2012
A God that does not expect 'thank-yous' for his diseases!
E.g, the Krisssshian God of Cancer/AIDS or the Mu-Muzlum God of VVFs(tear-tear, Saudi Arabian poohses)!grin

1 Like

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Callotti: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
A God free from spiritual reetardation, as in the BUSH fascination with frontal virgins! Even with A-GAPE wide, BACK holes!!!

Stop!!! grin

LWKMD!!!!

Much fun I tell ya. Moving on. cool
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
musKeeto:
i simply tell them Christianity/Islam/hinduism is a religon, Love isn't.. :-)
I've been following this thread and apart from Calloti's trolling, I find it interesting for the most part.
The above quote is the part that interests me the most.
I believe God is Love and that is what Christianity is all about. This is why I say it is not a religion.
The problem is a lot of people who do not understand Christianity attack a stereotype of it. I don't see how a person of reason can reject Christianity in fact rationality does lead men to Christ. However, I have come to understand that it is not logic and reason that stands in the way of accepting Christ, it is pride.
A man's ego is what stands in his way.
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
Callotti: No 'trolling' please! grin

A God that does not hide like SOME wretched, NL 'Mr. Anony' coward! tongue
wow! I didn't even see that one coming
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by mkmyers45(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I've been following this thread and apart from Calloti's trolling, I find it interesting for the most part.
The above quote is the part that interests me the most.
I believe God is Love and that is what Christianity is all about. This is why I say it is not a religion.
The problem is a lot of people who do not understand Christianity attack a stereotype of it. I don't see how a person of reason can reject Christianity in fact rationality does lead men to Christ. However, I have come to understand that it is not logic and reason that stands in the way of accepting Christ, it is pride.
God is love? in three simple sentences kindly define true christainity..
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by cyrexx: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
However, I have come to understand that it is not logic and reason that stands in the way of accepting Christ, it is pride.

Hmmm,

call them proud, brand them as evil.

any psychological attack (however untrue and unfair) is permissible for the apostates of christianity. "they are fools, they are corrupt, they have done abominable works, they are altogether become filthy..." demoralise and denigrade human beings so that they will feel they need a god to fix them and correct his own handmade errors. ancient tricks, been there done that...

reminds me of the physical attack required of religionists on the apostates of their cousin abrahamic religion. birds of a feather. promising an afterlife of bliss for a life of religious control, surrendering their mind totally to their imaginary god. blow yourself for allah and gain 72 virgins....

3 Likes

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MacDaddy01: 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
musKeeto:
Cyrexx maybe.. logicboy, I suspect, would rather commit suicide...

musKeeto:
When slavery doesnt work, he switches to tithes, then evolution... you just have to love the guy..

musKeeto:
Alright, but I doubt me and logicboy grin share the same beliefs/non-beliefs...

What is wrong with Muskeeto nowadays? Are you looking for my attention? Is it because I dont discuss with you anymore?

Muskeeto is an agnostic coward. We believe in the same thing. The onl difference is that Muskeeto wants to be seen as a nice guy and a friendly unbeliever to the theists here. Muskeeto is a coward that doesnt want to say the truth about religion.

Muskeeto, why not rather state what is wrong with my comments on slavery? You can only mock because you know that they are factual. Maybe you should stop reading Indian history and learn your damn Nigerian history.

Furthermore, I am not one dimensional like you and your theist buddies, I talk about many things other than slavery; omnipotence paradox, genocide in the bible, racism, the race of Jesus, humanism, catholicism vs protestanism, marriage etc

You and I have almost the same beliefs, the difference is that you are too cowardly to admit it and talk about the excesses of religion.

Atheist with no balls.

We are both humanists
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
mkmyers45: God is love? in three simple sentences kindly define true christainity..
John said: "Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God and whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

Jesus said: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Jesus said: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another, by this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Hmmm,

call them proud, brand them as evil.

any psychological attack (however untrue and unfair) is permissible for the apostates of christianity. "they are fools, they are corrupt, they have done abominable works, they are altogether become filthy..." demoralise and denigrade human beings so that they will feel they need a god to fix them and correct his own handmade errors. ancient tricks, been there done that...

reminds me of the physical attack required of religionists on the apostates of their cousin abrahamic religion. birds of a feather. promising an afterlife of bliss for a life of religious control, surrendering their mind totally to their imaginary god. blow yourself for allah and gain 72 virgins....
I keep saying this, a man's ultra-defensive stance is usually a strong indication of guilt. Nothing about my comment infers that pride is evil but since you seem to agree that humility is good and pride is evil, why have you not chosen humility to God?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by cyrexx: 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I keep saying this, a man's ultra-defensive stance is usually a strong indication of guilt. Nothing about my comment infers that pride is evil but since you seem to agree that humility is good and pride is evil, why have you not chosen humility to God?

hmmm, yet again. he is convinced that an anonymous poster he has never met is under guilt because his views are contrary to his "righteous" views. [b]Anony[/b]ingly condescending arrogance.

let me show you how you sound to me: Mr Anony, you are under some great guilt. you have committed some grave and shameful sin that should not be mentioned here. its so repulsive to you that you hate yourself and hide it from everyone. but the good news is that if you can win some souls for christ on nairaland. your shameful guilt will be washed away. so try hard, win souls, twist people's words, deliberately misunderstand them, use reverse logic on them but dodge them artfully when they expose your faulty logic. if you do this faithfully, your guilt will be washed away.

only a thief will falsely think his neighbours are thieves, only a guilty man will falsely think a man he has never meet is under guilt too.
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

hmmm, yet again. he is convinced that an anonymous poster he has never met is under guilt because his views are contrary to his "righteous" views. [b]Anony[/b]ingly condescending arrogance.

let me show you how you sound to me: Mr Anony, you are under some great guilt. you have committed some grave and shameful sin that should not be mentioned here. its so repulsive to you that you hate yourself and hide it from everyone. but the good news is that if you can win some souls for christ on nairaland. your shameful guilt will be washed away. so try hard, win souls, twist people's words, deliberately misunderstand them, use reverse logic on them but dodge them artfully when they expose your faulty logic. if you do this faithfully, your guilt will be washed away.

only a thief will falsely think his neighbours are thieves, only a guilty man will falsely think a man he has never meet is under guilt too.
Lol, I expected you to say that. Question is: Is it true? No it is not.
Need I remind you that you were the one who first wrongly assumed that my mention of pride was an accusation of evil.
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
Callotti: A female GOD with the baddddddest arzzzz! cool
lwkmd,calloti u don kolo o!
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by mkmyers45(m): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
John said: "Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God and whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

Jesus said: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Jesus said: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another, by this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

So its just faith and loving your neighbour?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
mkmyers45: So its just faith and loving your neighbour?
you are over simplifying it but basically yes.
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:07am On Aug 25, 2012
Mr_Anony:
you are over simplifying it but basically yes.
then put in the most modest of simfilied sentences..
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 12:14am On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45: then put in the most modest of simfilied sentences..
lol, what do you want from me, you ask for a summary in three sentences, I gave it to you. You shortened it to two words, I agreed, now you want me to write yet another summary. Dude, is there something specific that you want to hear that I have not said yet?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:37am On Aug 25, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, what do you want from me, you ask for a summary in three sentences, I gave it to you. You shortened it to two words, I agreed, now you want me to write yet another summary. Dude, is there something specific that you want to hear that I have not said yet?
so my summary fully reflects it then?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MrAnony1(m): 12:44am On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45: so my summary fully reflects it then?
a summary never fully reflects anything
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What is wrong with Muskeeto nowadays? Are you looking for my attention? Is it because I dont discuss with you anymore?

Muskeeto is an agnostic coward. We believe in the same thing. The onl difference is that Muskeeto wants to be seen as a nice guy and a friendly unbeliever to the theists here. Muskeeto is a coward that doesnt want to say the truth about religion.

Muskeeto, why not rather state what is wrong with my comments on slavery? You can only mock because you know that they are factual. Maybe you should stop reading Indian history and learn your damn Nigerian history.

Furthermore, I am not one dimensional like you and your theist buddies, I talk about many things other than slavery; omnipotence paradox, genocide in the bible, racism, the race of Jesus, humanism, catholicism vs protestanism, marriage etc

You and I have almost the same beliefs, the difference is that you are too cowardly to admit it and talk about the excesses of religion.

Atheist with no balls.

We are both humanists
I have no problem as regards your slavery comments and all. If by 'no balls' u mean being tolerant and not being overtly hostile to theists in order to debunk and win them to my side, I'd accep that. You've described your dad as a Christian on this forum once. Is he also just a 'nice' guy? An atheist with no 'balls'?

You've got to realise what you hate sometimes: the excesses of the religion not the core which we assume is 'love'..

Some people have become better persons due to their beliefs. They are able to focus on the love parts of Xtianity and filter the 'horrible' parts. In reality, it truly changes them.

JoAgbaje won't describe me as a friendly unbeliever, neither would the other mad man FxxKing..

Btw, India and Nigeria are both very religious countries. But here in Chenai/Madras, they've all learned to live happily together: Christians, Hindus, Muslims....

Then along come some Nigerians with their dreadful loud morning prayers. The Indians were obviously uncomfortable with this. They called me over and asked me to talk to them. It took months to convince the idiooots that what they were doing was wrong. They would tell me that that's how they worship God and other people should get used to it. The problem here wasn't religion, but a bunch of very IGNORANT people.

Religion is not necessarily the problem in Nigeria but IGNORANCE and RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE is. The latter, I am afraid, you're quite guilty of..

1 Like

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MacDaddy01: 2:36am On Aug 25, 2012
musKeeto:
I see no problem with most of your comments. If by 'no balls' u mean being tolerant and not tryin overtly to win people to my side, I'd accep that. You've described your dad as a Christian on this forum once. Is he also just a 'nice' guy? An atheist with no 'balls'?

You've got to realise what you hate sometimes: the excesses of the religion not the core which we assume is 'love'..

Some people have become better persons due to their beliefs. They are able to focus on the love parts of Xtianity and filter the 'horrible' parts. In reality, it truly changes them.

JoAgbaje won't describe me as a friendly unbeliever, neither would the other mad man FxxKing..

Btw, India and Nigeria are both very religious countries. But here in Chenai/Madras, they've all learned to live happily together: Christians, Hindus, Muslims....

Then along come some Nigerians with their dreadful loud morning prayers. The Indians were obviously uncomfortable with this. They called me over and asked me to talk to them. It took months to convince the idiooots that what they were doing was wrong.

Religion is not necessarily the problem in Nigeria but IGNORANCE and RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE is. The latter, I am afraid, you're quite guilty of..

You made 2 accusations. First that I am intolerant and second, that I am some kind of evangelist overtly trying to wine some people to my side.

1) How am I intolerant? Have I oppressed anyone? The only religious threads that comment on are the ones that spread lies- eg tithe preaching, isreal worshipping, attacks on humanism etc.

2) Evangelist; while I want more people to be atheists, I am always satisfied if people are agnostics or skeptics or deists. I have never ever promoted one atheist book or website.

Also, you mentioned my dad. Are following your theist buddies in this line of guilt by association? My dad is a cultural christian. google that.

Not al agnostics are atheists without balls. Some like you are.
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 25, 2012
I know what a cultural Christian is, just like cultural Buddhism which is being practised in Japan, I think.

So you're not intolerant? Why do people accuse you of 'derailing' threads? Wasn't it banning that forced you to mature from 'logicboy' to 'macdaddy'? Do you accommodate the Christian beliefs? Accept you have a grouse with Christianity esp, it's fine.. Anyone who reaps me off for 22 years should expect nothing better.

Promoting one's beliefs consistently to those who do not share same, wouldn't fall under evangelism?

If I'm a non-vegetarian, and I keep walking into a veg restaurant touting the positives of being a non-veg and debunking the claims of the vegetarians, wouldn't that be evangelism?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by wiegraf: 3:01am On Aug 25, 2012
Sociobiologists assert god is the ultimate alpha male. maybe a thread about wethear we still require alpha-males would be interesting..
i dont require a god, so nothing really, except maybe practicing what they claim he preaches

but d real reason i'm posting
FIGHT!!!FIGHT!!!FIGHT!!!FIGHT!!!FIGHT!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MacDaddy01: 3:05am On Aug 25, 2012
musKeeto: I know what a cultural Christian is, just like cultural Buddhism which is being practised in Japan, I think.

So you're not intolerant? Why do people accuse you of 'derailing' threads? Wasn't it banning that forced you to mature from 'logicboy' to 'macdaddy'? Do you accommodate the Christian beliefs? Accept you have a grouse with Christianity esp, it's fine.. Anyone who reaps me off for 22 years should expect nothing better.

Promoting one's beliefs consistently to those who do not share same, wouldn't fall under evangelism?

If I'm a non-vegetarian, and I keep walking into a veg restaurant touting the positives of being a non-veg and debunking the claims of the vegetarians, wouldn't that be evangelism?

You know why they accuse me of derailing threads! angry angry angry. It is a false accusation. I always stay on topic but since I debunk theier tithing scams and nonsense preaching, I got reported so many times and got banned so much. Not to boast but I kinda inspired some atheist revolution here on Nairaland

I am not intolerant to christianity. Some of my cousins and sibling are christians. I am intolerant to bigotry and lies. When someone spreads lies about tithing and prosperity, dont we have to moral right to educate or brothers?

Furthermore, I am also active on the islam section, unlike you and some other cowards.

Your vegetable analogy fails. This is a forum and not a church. I am not going to chruches to [preach atheism.

You cant even preach atheism. you dont preach facts, you teach them. There is no evidence for God
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 25, 2012
Come on, you're only on the Islamic section because of the heartbreak you suffered when your Muslim girlfriend left you :-P

On a serious note, I know little about Islam. I have few Muslim friends, and they're normal everyday people. Tbaba has enlightened me a little on Islam recently.

That being said, does going from forum to forum with your faithlessness really make you brave?
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MacDaddy01: 3:18am On Aug 25, 2012
musKeeto: Come on, you're only on the Islamic section because of the heartbreak you suffered when your Muslim girlfriend left you :-P

On a serious note, I know little about Islam. I have few Muslim friends, and they're normal everyday people. Tbaba has enlightened me a little on Islam recently.

That being said, does going from forum to forum with your faithlessness really make you brave?

Unfortunately you are right; going from forum to forum doesnt make me brave, just makes me look jobless. However, it is for a greater good. I believe that people learn from our arguments! some people have even confessed that they have changed faith because of the debates

4 Likes

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 25, 2012
People do learn from the arguments on this board, but I think most people even atheists get turned off when someone tries to ridicule their beliefs/lack of it with blatant lies e.g atheists can not love, atheists are more intelligent than theists etc...

I love the banter on NL though... won't want it to ever stop...

2 Likes

Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by MacDaddy01: 3:31am On Aug 25, 2012
musKeeto: People do learn from the arguments on this board, but I think most people even atheists get turned off when someone tries to ridicule their beliefs/lack of it with blatant lies e.g atheists can not love, atheists are more intelligent than theists etc...

I love the banter on NL though... won't want it to ever stop...

Shut up. .you hardly even contribute to the banter! You wan chop without working
Re: What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Shut up. .you hardly even contribute to the banter! You wan chop without working
Even sane men are found in psychiatric hospitals. We all have a part to play.

Lmao..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Man Who Practices Multiple Religion. / the secret of prayer and instant answers, by authority not by begging / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.