Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? (19148 Views)

Iphone 6 For 30k On OLX. How Original Can D Phone Be. / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users / Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Yaya6: 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Some people feels that end should be put to the use of BB in nigeria due to the fact that it is causing more harms than good. What is ur view?

It will be unfair and totally an act of ingratitude for one not to appreciate the ingenuity of those behind the invention of Blackberry. Their effort towards unifying the world and simplifying man’s work through the use of the smart phone cannot be appreciated enough.

I have been inspired by one of our prolific writers, Rita Okoye who recently wrote on how young ladies engage young men in a relationship through the use of blackberry phone. In her write-up, Rita carefully expunged how these girls play their game in the most disapproving way. Her write-up did not only open my eyes to the extent these desperate girls could go in their search for money, husband and connection, but was an eye opener to the general evil associated with the use of that witty machine called blackberry . In this article, I will slightly disagree with Rita who held unto one side of her argument without necessarily looking at the angle where the men also got it wrong and become guilty as well as the ladies.

I have looked at several arising issues in this modern day Nigeria. I have seen that Nigerians are real extremists in so many things. I have weighed the importance attached to one’s Blackberry phone and one’s wife, and the difference is clear. I have also weighed the difference between one’s food on the table and the smart phone, and the difference is obvious. It really doesn’t matter whether your wife is falling into a pit, so long as a man can hold on to his blackberry phone, there is no problem. It doesn’t matter if a man stays awake throughout the night viewing display pictures of his contacts so long as some naughty pictures are displayed and some of the girls are willing to send their nude pictures to satisfy him. It doesn’t matter if a man drives into a pit or into another car so long as he responds to chats while he moves on the road. These are some of the things that are possible while using a blackberry mart phone.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/23/ali-adoyi-why-use-blackberry-banned-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by jhydebaba(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2012
The guy is just displaying ignorance with his article. The question I'll like to put to him is that will banning BB stop the menace? The answer is capital 'NO'.
Reason being that there are other smart phones that can do the work of BB effectively and efficiently even more than BB itself (maybe all smart phones will be banned as well). Secondly, talking about the BBM on BB, fine it is causing problems, so if BB is banned would it stop? Again the answer is 'NO' because we have a lot of social forum where the falsehood can be spread (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, 2go, Nairaland etc).

*to the bin joor*

22 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
I think cars should be banned globally too, too many accidents. embarassed

58 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by suskumayaya(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
The article is trash.

2 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by tunapawizzy: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
blink182: I think cars should be banned globally too, too many accidents. embarassed

God bless dis response.....shallow posts n questions deserve sarcastic answers

5 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by henrychidi1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
instead of u guys to

look for solution on how to resolve this boko haram issue.

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by SlyIg(f): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ban BB and something more than it will surface. Bet me!

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by SlyIg(f): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
henry_chidi: instead of u guys to

Ask me o o ...

2 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Dreyl(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pls ol dis lng story ain't gonna stop anything we just addicted 2 dis tings.....
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Tonitelli: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Oh...while we are at this...should we ban televisioncarshotels?female clothingthe Internet
Abeg make we hear word!
I don't use a blackberry,but I still think this is silly..
Ban ko, banex nii!

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
henry_chidi: instead of u guys to

Abi oo
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Gwekzy: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nonsense
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Youngzedd(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Must everything appear in frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by dapo338(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
So because u saw an accident, you'r saying cars ain't gud... Nonsense upon nonsense
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by cindyrella(f): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
blink182: I think cars should be banned globally too, too many accidents. embarassed
#Gbam

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Etaki: 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
Would banning BB reduce the price of O.K cloths in the Market
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Eteo: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mtcheww!can't believe I opened dis thread
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sorry Rita, but that is a silly post/arguement.
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by slimdiggi: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Senseless Clueless Nonsense post!
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by monosetale: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
ƪσƪ , Oº°˚˚°ºĶ‎​ Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo , Ǧ☺☺ϑ , U̶̲̥̅̊ ,♍☺я̲♌ϊ♌g , §ø U̶̲̥̅̊ want me τ̅☺ stop writing like that becos Iτ̅'s nigeria's problem now shebi? Guy talk something else..facebook has done more harm..start W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ that
N.B-nigerian girls just choose τ̅☺ prositute W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ social medias. Which is definitely №† the intent of smartphone markers and social platform developers. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by claremont(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
1. I think water should be banned in Nigeria, too many people drown in it.
2. I think food should be banned, too many obese people walking around.
3. Guns should be banned, too many people die from it.
4. Money should be banned, it leads to corruption.
5. Sex should be banned, it propagates the HIV virus.

6 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Apesin001: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by ebamma(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
i think nairaland should be banned too, because it has so many retards as members

3 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Achieverbaba: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
ENEMY OF PROGRESS!!!!
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by CeaserB: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hurray! After Reading This Thread The Price Of Garri Don Reduce By Ten Naira!!! grin

5 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Siga: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
I think death should be banned for taking away our loved ones... undecided

1 Like

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Haha @@oster you don't have a clear view on blackberry why should we bann a product that has changed the face of how message is conveyed - if you say so - then we must plan to bann iphone nokia samsung ipad tablet all internet even the internet --- as for me blackberry is the ultimate it saves my stress Bleep your tought
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by tobechi20(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Only those dat own blakbery shud coment
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by prettyjulie(f): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
Achieverbaba: ENEMY OF PROGRESS!!!!
OMG!!! ​​​Å̶̷̩̥͡m really gonna laugh M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ ass out frm Τ̣̣̥hε̲̣̣̣̥ stupidity this thread possesses
Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
When i actually saw the Topic, i was thinking that you would come up with valid points to back-up your resolution.. Unfortunately, the reverse was the case, TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT and Embarrassment to the Educated class on this Forum..

Thread rating: 5% gained form Topic alone angry

2 Likes

Re: Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? by MMM2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
I think d govt should ban condom in 9ja undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gaming Review On The Infinix Note 4 Pro (PICS) / How To Unlock Nokia Phone Without Security Code / Latest MTN Internet Data Bundles/plans With Subcription Codes/sms,data Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.