Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

How Nigerians Are Abused In China. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigerians Are Abused In China. (16772 Views)

How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 31, 2007
Its actually with deep sadness that i write this massive because of what Nigerians experience, here in China especially in the commercial city of CHINA, GUANGZHOU.

As a matter of fact, on daily bases Nigerian people are being arrested and detained till God knows when; there are cases of even police brutality on Nigerians in China.

I believe i speak for the lage number of Nigerian business men who visit China solely for business and they have serious complains that its only Nigeria in the whole of Africa that cannot get their visa extended while in China whereas, other African countries get this done with ease and at affordable fees.

I know that we have some unscrupulous and unserious Nigerians too residing and causing problems for the very large number of the serious and well focused ones, i also do know that everywhere you go, you will definitely find these elements there too.

I have also come to know that the problem roots from the non extension of Nigerian Passport carriers visa to china and so, they look for any available means to return home and this have not been easy at all, because the GUANGZHOU police and immigration police have seized this means of travelling back home with a TC.

Moreover, the problems Nigerians are facing here are numerous to mention and it will only take a visit to China(GUANGZHOU CITY) in other to understand fully what the atmosphere is like over there.

They are over 300 Nigerians  in GUANGZHOU prison on detention due to the expiration of their visa to CHINA and why is it that its only Nigeria among five other nations of the world like IRAQ, PAKISTAN, IRAN,AFGHANISTAN etc just to mention but a few, that cannot get their stay extended

Is Nigeria worse than CHINA in terms of curruption why are they treating NIGERIANS like sheep without Sheperd why is the embassy of Nigeria in CHINA not concerned about the welfare of their citizens Why is the Government of Nigeria not concerned too? or is they any political undertone here?

Please, for God sake, i would appreciate a positive action towards eradicating the problems that i have mentioned here by the Government of Nigeria and also of China too because it is a collective effort and so all hands must be on deck.
i have not rested my case yet, i will update as times goes on until i see a positive change.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by RichyBlacK(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2007
Very sad. The Nigerian embassy in China should do something about this unfair treatment of Nigerians.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Tats(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2007
What exactly is the genesis of the problem? There must be a reason why the visas are not being extended for Nigerians. It may have been as a result of past abuses of the facility that has caused this. Sometimes we keep asking ourselves why us, yet we do not know what people before us have done. I just came back from a trip within Europe and as usual, Immigrations spent more time with me when they saw my passport. Imagine going through series of questionings from immigrations even on arrival from a domestic flight within that country!

I would agree that some people with genuine cases may have become victims of the Chinese crackdown, but What exactly are we expecting our Government to do about it? Tell the Chinese government to start extending our visas within the country? Or tell them to start treating us fine?

A university official here in the UK once told a close relative of mine who grew up here to compulsorily produce his British passport and not any other document(s) in order to be allowed to pay home fees in his newly admitted school. He had sent his passport out for some other verification purpose and so did not have it with him at that time. The official finally mentioned to him that if he was originally from some other west african country he may have accepted the other documents as he quite believed he was British (of course the guy had been living here for the last 15 years). He said that they had seen more than enough irregularities/tricks from us (Nigerians) in the past and so will not take even 1% chance of signing off his case.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by denex: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2008
See, there's a reason for everything. My neighbour used to visit China for business yearly in the 1990s and this problem wasn't there. In fact, the arrival of Nigerians in China at that time used to be celebrated.

You know Nigerians, I know Nigerians, there are millions of Nigerians whose hobby is seeking loopholes in any system to exploit. They are almost impossible to catch because as one hole is closed, another gets opened by them. The only way to deal with these things is to put some basic precautions on ground. Your visa gets expired, you're apprehended. Simple. Why should you allow you visa to expire? "Abi you think say na Panadol?"

Please this does not qualify as abuse. By the time they start publicly flogging innocent Nigerians in Tiannamen Square, then you can raise the red flag.

Are you telling me that when a Nigerian's visa expires in the UK and he refuses to go, the queen sends him a letter of appeal? Please get real.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by wendymanda: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
I keep getting mixed messages, in one instance very few people say China is good however, in many other instances I have heard that Asians hate blacks. A Jamaican dancer said that in the early 90s when she went to perform in China that called her a black devil and were very racist to her. I've never been to China but I highly doubt that the reason Nigerians are being treated like dirt in China is not because the Chinese view blacks as inferior.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by jeberulz(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2008
U dry, is too early to post dry stuff. Go sleep n tink of sumtin beta
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Mustay(m): 7:15am On Jan 04, 2008
The Nigerian Embassies hardly do anything sad
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Kobojunkie: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2008
Mustay:

The Nigerian Embassies hardly do anything sad

Why in the world would anyone expect the Nigerian embassy to do anything when the Nigerian government itself does practically nothing to help it's people at home?? I believe majority of Nigerians know by now that when you travel anywhere outside of Nigeria, you are practically on your own. Travel at your own risk. grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Blatant: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Perhaps we should all start rebuking those we know who contribute to the damage that the country recieves all around the world. Even as a Nigerian, I am very defensive whenever I come across other Nigerians here. We are very notorious for all the wrong reasons.

Everyone should try and ensure no one they know is involved in illegalities. it will surely be a good start. Many of us are always too willing to celebrate anything, no matter how illegal it may be.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2008
Blatant:

Perhaps we should all start rebuking those we know who contribute to the damage that the country recieves all around the world. Even as a Nigerian, I am very defensive whenever I come across other Nigerians here. We are very notorious for all the wrong reasons.

Everyone should try and ensure no one they know is involved in illegalities. it will surely be a good start. Many of us are always too willing to celebrate anything, no matter how illegal it may be.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by WendyRao: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2008
KLOIYUOIU
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by udezue(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2008
It is a known fact that Chinese people (not all) do not like black people so what do expect them to do to you in their own country.
But we let them come to African countries, open up businesses, support countries like Sudan against the Southern Black Sudanese. Time to kick their dusty asses out da way.

I blame the Nigerian government squarely. If they did not Bleep up that country no damn Chinese man will get a chance to mistreat our people in China.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by bilymuse: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2008
Nigerians are abused in every country abroad, even Government officials. The name Nigeria means nothing, can get you anything except detention and abuse.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2008
udezue:

[b]It is a known fact that Chinese people (not all) do not like black people so what do expect them to do to you in their own country.[/b]But we let them come to African countries, open up businesses, support countries like Sudan against the Southern Black Sudanese. Time to kick their dusty asses out da way.

I blame the Nigerian government squarely. If they did not mess up that country no damn Chinese man will get a chance to mistreat our people in China.

I don't believe we can sit and conclude that all Chinese people are racists. I mean we have to be willing to accept some of the blame ourselves. My sister is currently in china and she actually believes the people there respect black people.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2008
This is my sad update about the ugly events taking place in Guangzhou, China.
Nigerians living and doing business in China(Guangzhou) has been the sole target of China immigration Police brutality and molestations.

As a matter of fact, more than 500 Nigerians are being detained in Guangzhou underground prison without a single hope of being released and most of them fall sick due to the poor condition of the prison.

It is a known fact, that when a Nigerian is arrested, he will have to pay the total sum of $ 3,000 USD being the acclaimed fine and the victim will also provide a one way ticket back to Nigeria and this costs about $1,000 USD.

However, there have been instances where these monies were provided and the victims are denied of their freedom and they are left to suffer in their underground prisons; i have reasons to believe that they have turned this trend into a money making venture simply because Nigerians pay their said fine without much ado.

The Guangzhou (CHINA) immigration Police have been on rampage with their incessant arrests at different locations where Nigerians reside or work; they have bursted CHURCHES, Restaurants, Offices, Buses and most of the places where Nigerians live and many people were arrested.

Some of them ask for settlement on arresting these people and if you are lucky to have about $1000 USD on you, you will be released on the way and if not, the victim will be taken to the underground prison.

Nigerian government should please do something humanly about this ugly situation that her citizens are facing in China; infact, there was a report today that a Nigerian was shot on the leg in PANYU, GUANGZHOU; while trying to escape from the Guangzhou Immigration Police and the people that were arrested also faced their brutality even after their being hand-cuffed, is this justice? Why are Nigerians being denied of their rights?
I will like the general public and those concerned to do something positive about ill-treatment.
I am yet to rested my case.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ahmedblak(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2008
nigerians home and abroad dont you think its time to put an end to all this insults abroad?or are we waiting for the government to do something about it when they dont even care to know about it,come on nigerians home and abroad we can do this together by ourself,imagine in abroad citizen of niger republic are valuable than nigerians.our evil call themself leaders dont care but only them and their families.dont deceive yourself dey say e go beta e go beta,which day e go beta?just travel yourself and see then you will know things are just getting worse in naija everyday,dis wan wey d world sef don begin to end.naija make we open our eyes more again oo to do something about this evil,ugly things we dey happen for naija everyday.or do we start boycoting chinese products since we are the highest consumers of their product in africa?
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by lucabrasi(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2008
@poster
sadly but true i believe nigerians will continue to experience these sort of behaviours because our government representatives in all these various countries dont know theor left from their right,most of them are not career diplomats but politicians who wrangled their way into these posts,people outside their country take the chinese being clanish as stickn up for each other but i guess u that have been to their country know better,while they are in nigeria having the best time of their lives, as long as we nigerians abroad continue tosit back and not say anything about the in action or misplaced priorities of nigerian diplomats,and as long as our govts dont use career diplomats then we ll continue to experience these sorta sturvs
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by quickygal(f): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2008
what a pity
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 05, 2008
@lucrabasi, You are right about the political ambassadors, even some of the so-called career diplomats are easily intimidated.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by adamsy07: 7:40am On Aug 08, 2008
@lucabrasi,
sadly but true i believe nigerians will continue to experience these sort of behaviours because our government representatives in all these various countries don't know theor left from their right,most of them are not career diplomats but politicians who wrangled their way into these posts,people outside their country take the chinese being clanish as stickn up for each other but i guess u that have been to their country know better,while they are in nigeria having the best time of their lives, as long as we nigerians abroad continue tosit back and not say anything about the in action or misplaced priorities of nigerian diplomats,and as long as our govts don't use career diplomats then we ll continue to experience these sorta sturvs

u said it all.

it.s not only nigerians but every africa is going through all this mess abroad.
it can only take embassies to reform these.but sadly nigerian embassies are the most useless representatives abroad.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by AloyEmeka9: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2008
Is it the same China that abuse it's own citizens? Why should they spare you?
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by AloyEmeka9: 7:47am On Aug 08, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just thinking is not easy to have chance to extend visa for nigerians,

Whom going to to tell me what if chinese marry with nigerians,

Can this possibily easier for nigerians to extend visa?

Expecting to hear your guys response, Thank You!

Good Day

Dude, Chinese visa is a no brainer. I can help you procure one for free if you want.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by chronicle1: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
there is no need making an endless comments,this misfortune will never end,it never started from here so it wont end here,first of all we have to get back home and face our govenment,its how your presents yourself that is how people are going to take you!
so my dear brother Aloy Emeka.marrying a chinese girl wont solve your problem,the only thing that will come out from it is just the fun in sex,no more,no less.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by chronicle1: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
am in guangzhou china! its real tight!
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2008
the world knows that chuina is poor in human rights records, so nigerians are no exception
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Goldmind1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
O boy! make those guys begin come back home if they are not doin anything there.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Mustay(m): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2008
olrotimi:

the world knows that chuina is poor in human rights records, so nigerians are no exception
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by stinky502: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2008
I would like to say, in response to the first post of the thread, that yes, Nigeria's corruption problem is FAR worse than China's. It is the number one factor holding Nigeria back from being the economic giant that it should be. Was the 6th largest hydrocarbon producer in the world, no longer because that wealth was looted by a select few families and militants in the delta have chosen not to sit back. Further, while this incredible natural wealth was being exploited by a greedy few, Nigeria remained one of the poorest countries in the world. This is only a small example. I could write 20 pages in a similar vain.There is a reason Nigeria is included in the same ranks as Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Corruption has become a part of the fabric of Nigerian life. This has nothing to do with being Africa, black or otherwise, there is no racism at all in my comments. This is exclusive to Nigeria.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ikeyman00(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2008
stinky
I would like to say, in response to the first post of the thread, that yes, Nigeria's corruption problem is FAR worse than China's. It is the number one factor holding Nigeria back from being the economic giant that it should be. Was the 6th largest hydrocarbon producer in the world, no longer because that wealth was looted by a select few families and militants in the delta have chosen not to sit back. Further, while this incredible natural wealth was being exploited by a greedy few, Nigeria remained one of the poorest countries in the world. This is only a small example. I could write 20 pages in a similar vain.There is a reason Nigeria is included in the same ranks as Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Corruption has become a part of the fabric of Nigerian life. This has nothing to do with being Africa, black or otherwise, there is no racism at all in my comments. This is exclusive to Nigeria.

as a nigerian i dnt beleive u!

just registered, and this is ur 1st post

i smell stinky dead ulgy rat here oooo! unmask urself
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by OBVIOUS(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2008
If the Chinese are abused in thier own country, why would Nigerians be an exception

I don't understand what Nigerians are doing in China, Nigerias are running away from the same country chinese are running to. HOW SAD!!!
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ekeroyal(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Dude, Chinese visa is a no brainer. I can help you procure one for free if you want.

Dear pls I need help urgently from any Nigerian who lives in China. Besides @Aloy.Emeka I need to talk to u. could u mail me via ekeroyal@yahoo.com? I'd appreciate.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by udezue(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2009
denex:

See, there's a reason for everything. My neighbour used to visit China for business yearly in the 1990s and this problem wasn't there. In fact, the arrival of Nigerians in China at that time used to be celebrated.

You know Nigerians, I know Nigerians, there are millions of Nigerians whose hobby is seeking loopholes in any system to exploit. They are almost impossible to catch because as one hole is closed, another gets opened by them. The only way to deal with these things is to put some basic precautions on ground. Your visa gets expired, you're apprehended. Simple. Why should you allow you visa to expire? "Abi you think say na Panadol?"

Please this does not qualify as abuse. By the time they start publicly flogging innocent Nigerians in Tiannamen Square, then you can raise the red flag.

Are you telling me that when a Nigerian's visa expires in the UK and he refuses to go, the queen sends him a letter of appeal? Please get real.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Heard A Word From Dame Patience Recently? / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Dieziani Loot: Jonathan Has Questions To Answer‎ – Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.