Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

How Nigerians Are Abused In China. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigerians Are Abused In China. (16775 Views)

How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by alias64: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
;d
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by alias64: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2009
The Chinese are only trying to please Nigerians. Nigerians love nothing better than to insult, degrade and justify all manner or prejudicial actions against his person. Therefore, the Chinese treat Nigerians the way we say we deserve being treated. No-more-no-less. Sometimes  it seems to me as if Nigerians are ignorant of the history of prejudice and racial bigotry that virtual defined 20th century.

They nack you big stick on your nigger head and you cry, “yes, sir, you did it because I am corrupt, thank you masser!”  So what do you expect would happen next time.

In Asia, there is a saying that the only thing straight about the Chinese is his hair. these are the people suddenly the paragon of honesty.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by citizenY(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
@MY COUNTRYMEN IN CHINA

Sa d but true you are having problems but you have not shown why you must
remain in China or why you did not plan your trip within the validity of your travel document.
In anycase, many of us have lived abroad and come back home, having lived there within the
ambit of the basic laws under which you are allowed to live and work. If you want to live there,
for Nigeria'S sake do the right thing- get whatever registration/documentation /requirements in place,
It is not helpful to move in illegally. In such circumstance, you may be embarrassed and it is your fault.

This of course does not mean that your consular representative should not come to your assistance.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Epiphany(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
. . . and to imagine that Nigeria is hosting a large proportion of Chinese businesses ranging from oil and gas, to telecoms to manufacturing. A lot of the motorcycles the okada people ride are from china - Jincheng and co. They are slowly gaining ground in our dear country. It is not unusual to see the chinese people in even the remotest parts of Nigeria - i saw some Chinese people in a village in Delta state on my way to my village once. However, it is not as if all their businesses in Nigeria are all legit. They are the forerunners in the pirating trade because daily, we hear of one chinese ring or the other being broken. Their work ethics in Nigeria are appalling too. They use people like slaves without any proper compensation.

Like a lot of people have said, they do not respect anything like human rights. The way their government treats their own people is bad, so if you expect them to treat Nigerians any different, you expect wrong. China has some of the worst cases of human rights issues in the world - most of which goes un-reported.

I often wonder what Nigerians are doing in that country. As far as i am concerned, i have no pity for anyone who goes there without a good reason and gets caught. They have it coming to them. China is much different from the western world. If you get caught in the western world without proper papers, you may still be treated with some dignity. In China, you are worse than an animal.

My advice is that they should find a way, anyway to leave that country. China is not a place you want to stay in illegally. Looking to our government to help is a waste of time. They are all as confused as can be and do not have the compassion to help anyone anywhere
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
Epiphany:

[b]
Like a lot of people have said, they do not respect anything like human rights. The way their government treats their own people is bad, so if you expect them to treat Nigerians any different, you expect wrong. China has some of the worst cases of human rights issues in the world - most of which goes un-reported.
[/b]

This is the reason why they blocked various websites like Facebook, , Twitter, Youtube where news can be reported.

Chinco Madness!  cheesy

China is much different from the western world. If you get caught in the western world without proper papers, you may still be treated with some dignity. In China, you are worse than an animal.

True!  They don't give a damn if you are white or black.  Don't break our law.

Our Government Say!  grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by citizenY(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
True! They don't give a damn if you are white or black. Don't break our law.

This is what we require in this country. Some people should have been taught a lesson. Oh Oh , if wishes were horses? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ihate9ja2: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
i think it is not looking for solution on how to stay in china that is the most important thing now, they have country, can't they stay in their country nigeria? nigeria is a fake country and not good for anything, nigeria is the course of their problem
I HATE NIGERIA!!!
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by yeswecan(m): 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2009
Who is this gay ?
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ihate9ja2: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
who r u, fucking stinking nigerian, better watch ur back, u r proud of that fake country nigeria?, u must be a thief like the pdp's
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ihate9ja2: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2009
yeswecan , please understand that i have my own human rights, i can post whatever i like here, u don't tell me who and what to like, i openly said it that i hate nigeria because i really hate nigeria with a passion, please don't take it personal
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by nex(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
You're a very stupid fellow. Do you actually believe you have the right to post anything you like? Maybe I should ask Seun about that.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by nex(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2009
When Nigerians go to some countries' embassies and even before they can see a member of staff, they are already being whipped and shoved, how do they expect to be treated when they get to the country itself?

Simple mathematics!
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ihate9ja2: 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2009
nex, who r u?, Bleep u and Bleep sheun, who gives a Bleep?, r u the owner of nairaland?,
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ihate9ja2: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
When Nigerians go to some countries' embassies and even before they can see a member of staff, they are already being whipped and shoved, how do they expect to be treated when they get to the country itself?

Simple mathematics!
[color=#990000][/color]

look at what u r talking about here, r u not ashamed that u r even fooled at the foreign embassies in nigeria, just because nigeria is a stupid country, thats why they don't have regards for its citizen, u are there saying shit, am just wasting my time talking to u, i just discovered that u r from that local and dirty benin city, u r a very local and unexposed person,
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by ud4u: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
The problem is that Nigeria does not have a good image, that green passport to other countries now is a sign of danger. And our government does not want to do anything about it, they are busy looting for themselves and unborn generated.

And if Nigerians cannot renew their passport in China, how about the Chinese that are here, can they also renew their passport here? If yes is the answer then there is need to raise alarm. But if they can equally go back to their country to renew their passport that means is do me I do you.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
ud4u:

The problem is that Nigeria does not have a good image, that green passport to other countries now is a sign of danger. And our government does not want to do anything about it, they are busy looting for themselves and unborn generated.

And if Nigerians cannot renew their passport in China, how about the Chinese that are here, can they also renew their passport here? If yes is the answer then there is need to raise alarm. But if they can equally go back to their country to renew their passport that means is do me I do you.

True  sad
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by plassy: 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2009
First by removing the Rogue Caretaker Committee (in Guangzhou) appointed by the Nigerian Embassy, Beijing; Putting in place a unity caretaker council comprising of not just Ibos but people from several other parts of Nigeria; Making the Embassy in Beijing to sit-up and address the issue of Nigerians without fear or favour; Reminding the Chinese authorities that our satelite which they claim lost in orbit was not also carrying drugs- and request them to check the frivolous profiling of Nigerians. I have always said that Nigeria is the biggest country in Africa and no foreign country should dream of controlling Nigeria. The problems of Nigerians in China is more the result of diplomatic and commercial interest politicking than crime and offences committed,

Let countries respect the equality of counterpart countries and not to try to put other countries in their pockets! Nigeria can not be Liberia just to mention but one country. Let the Nigerian government create the necessary spotlight too, so that the world will not just see the case of Nigerians in China as another case of Nigerians and crime. Thank you.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2009
plassy:

First by removing the Rogue Caretaker Committee (in Guangzhou) appointed by the Nigerian Embassy, Beijing; Putting in place a unity caretaker council comprising of not just Ibos but people from several other parts of Nigeria; Making the Embassy in Beijing to sit-up and address the issue of Nigerians without fear or favour; Reminding the Chinese authorities that our satelite which they claim lost in orbit was not also carrying drugs- and request them to check the frivolous profiling of Nigerians. I have always said that Nigeria is the biggest country in Africa and no foreign country should dream of controlling Nigeria. The problems of Nigerians in China is more the result of diplomatic and commercial interest politicking than crime and offences committed,

Let countries respect the equality of counterpart countries and not to try to put other countries in their pockets! Nigeria can not be Liberia just to mention but one country. Let the Nigerian government create the necessary spotlight too, so that the world will not just see the case of Nigerians in China as another case of Nigerians and crime. Thank you.

Good evening brother.

Its quiet unfortunate that your first post on nairaland is motivated by tribalism, when you should be judging people by their characters and not tribe.
Having noted the above, you are right on the point that most members of the caretaker committee are mostly Igbos, however, there were appointed by the Nigerian embassy Beijing; which constitutes mostly Yorubas. Why then bring tribalism in?
You might also be right that Osy and co are rogues (I dont live in GZ), but having spent about 4 days constantly with him and seen how he has been tirelessly and selflessly running around to ensure the safety of Nigerians in China (GZ precisely), I could only be proud and grateful to such a Nigerian.
Could you believe that the Nigerian community office in Qifu road is being serviced and maintained from Osy's pocket?
Have you heard of any recent case the committee presided and was seen as partial because most of them are Igbo? An old case between a Cameroonian (King suits) and a Nigerian was revisited a few days ago. . . the committee ruled in favor of the Cameroonian and seriously warned the Igbo guy involved.
Or could it be that the Ambassador and Shanghai consulate are getting wrong report on how diplomatic, honest and caring Osy is as a leader?

Whichever way, every other tribe has the right to contest for any post in the Nigerian community come march 2010.

As for your other points, you are right. . . . but methinks Nigerians in GZ (Igbos especially) need to seriously sit up before expecting the Chinese government to listen to them.

Finally, I am putting up in one of the hotels around and will be glad to meet with you if you wish. . . . thats if you are not a drugs dealer. grin grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by paddylo1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
stinky

as a nigerian i dnt beleive u!

just registered, and this is your 1st post

i smell stinky dead ulgy rat here oooo! unmask urself

yea superman,i feel u homie. . .
If the Chinese are abused in thier own country, why would Nigerians be an exception

I don't understand what Nigerians are doing in China, Nigerias are running away from the same country chinese are running to. HOW SAD!!!

str8 to the point^^^^^^, they say wetin dey for sokoto,e dey for shokoto. . .

so all these ppl running to china,spending 400,000 naira for visa,why not enter lagos,ogun,phc,gwagwalada,calabar,adamawa,taraba,sokoto, and open a business?

if the chinese who came just 5yrs or so ago can make it in naija,i dont see what the reason for all this embarrassment is for
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2009
paddy_lo:

yea superman,i feel u homie. . .
str8 to the point^^^^^^, they say wetin dey for sokoto,e dey for shokoto. . .

so [b]all these ppl running to china,spending 400,000 naira for visa,why not enter lagos,ogun,phc,gwagwalada,calabar,adamawa,taraba,sokoto, and open a business?
[/b]
if the chinese who came just 5yrs or so ago can make it in naija,i dont see what the reason for all this embarrassment is for

Don't generalise

People migrate for different reasons.

N.B: Some people don't have the idea/capable to do business, while some migrate to china to stay as a representative managing shipments n business to naija, studying while some are teaching, few are working as professionals

Folks that came to china suffering here are those people that didn't get the right info before migrating.

Same applies to other countries::

If you are not on the right track, then you are DONE!
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by tonylegend: 7:15am On Nov 29, 2010
the issue of nigerians living in china is not fully from the chinese authoritys.am saying with reason,first is when we nigerians have a united mind,unity,love and wisdom,then our presentation will be good to say.the government of the land gave us whole chance to show what we are up to,but the only thing to show is crime and disunity and backbitting and more.no support to our leaders in china,no respect for the authorities of the land.we are not even more than others in crime,but we are only showing our self to been noticed.the problems is how we present our self is the reason to move with.the embassy of nigeria in beijing china,has try to revive the image back,but each day fax and call still coming to signal a nigerian caught in drug case and more crime,so tell me how would u be pleading and on the same time committing more crime.in the guangzhuo city where alot of nigerian resided the volume of crime is higher,on that ground the embassy install the man whom has been working even before he was elected fully as the community leader,MR OJUKWU EMMANUEL,mostly known as OSSY NIGERIAN UNION.this man has brought back the glory what nigerians has comitted in the years back, ONOWU
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Irelander: 2:50am On Jan 15, 2011
I am sincerely begging every Nigerian to re-frame from all sort of criminality please. I know things are tough but that is not an excuse, Nigerian is not the poorest in Africa, so it not enough to say its due to poverty, sometimes its greed and wanting to make it overnight

Secondly, i dont understand why the Nigerian society encourages it. most of the comments posted above are all rebuking the Chinese authority, but what about many negative things Nigerians are doing? are we afraid to criticise ourselves?
Let face, we need to first take the log in our own eye before we take it out somebody else.

In fact most of the time we praise the scammers for being smart, saying that if you come from Lagos you have to be smart
That is not smartness but madness !
Please let not forget our values, if we cannot help ourselves then there is little the govt. or outsider can do. (there are many people that goes abroad to make it legitimately but there chances are being ruined
The image that Nigerians portray presently is so bad and thats the resultant of the inferior treatment we are getting all over the world
Let be honest with ourselves, its not a coincidence that Nigerian as seen as scammers all over the world its what the average Nigerian are doing that has built up these bad reputations.

Let not overlook the law of the land when aboard thinking that we are smart and they are 'mumu' . When you are caught you will know that you are the 'mumu'

Majority of the time people need to be educated about this things, so let do our bit for the society by kicking against this things not supporting it
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Litmus: 3:19am On Jan 15, 2011
Niraland is a suspicious place. One minute you get posts  extolling the virtue of one African country after another over Nigeria, then you get posts showing gruesome images of slaughter in Nigeria, then you get posts purporting to illustrate the maltreatment of Nigerians in various countries  all over the world especially in countries like China and South Africa where it is in Nigeria's best interest to forge extraneous bilateral relation in order to be independent from  reliance on America. Finally, there are Polls asking questions such as, "Are You Proud to be a Nigerian?"

So to cap, it's as if (1)we're being brainwashed to hate our fellow Africans, (2) hate ourselves after being dehumanized, (3) feel persecuted and thus grow inferiority complex, (4) look on countries like China and South Africa, countries with whom we should possibly forge closer ties, with suspicion and hatred and (4) finally a sample is taken of our opinions to see if the brainwashing has worked.   

Sorry, but this board is like a CIA wet dream.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by Lasinoh: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2011
GUANGZHOU.

Ha! I had a fantastic time this year here again. I saw a large number of Igbo-speaking Nigerians doing 'Nnukwu-Nnukwu Mmau" in one section one night. It was hilarious.  cheesy Please, they treated us very well. My brother lost his computer and ALL our departure cards in the computer at the airport. He forgot to pack it from the trolley into the taxi. He only discovered it was missing only after we were in the hotel. He went back to the airport and did not have to say ONE word. His computer bag was waiting for him at the security office.

EVERYTHING WAS INTACT. . . .!!!

Thank God it was not Nigeria.

If you respect yourself. . . you will get respect. Unless na 'e badu belle and e jolosi' mata! kiss
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by chaosday: 8:12am On Dec 10, 2012
I'm a citizen living in Guangzhou, I see Nigerians around us everyday. If you are telling the truth, that Nigerian are abused and detained for no reason, so why Nigerians living here keep increasing year by year?

The fact is, some Nigerian brothers are doing businesses and are respected by locoal people, however, some of them don't follow our laws and regulations. Several months ago, I saw by my eyes a Nigerian refusing to pay for a taxi, when the police find him and speak English to him, he pretended that he couln't understanding English, when the police tried to detain him, he just run away. We have so much cases like this, local people always think that the Chinese government is too weak on immigration affairs.

So far as I know, some Nigerians are arrested for criminal offenses. I just received the case this May, A Nigerian boy named Kenneth Chukwudum, was maltreated and killed in Guangzhou, said by his families, who claimed that the son would be probably killed by another Nigerian man named Okwii Nnewi, head of Nigeria chamber of commerce in Guangzhou. We are trying to help innocent, law-abiding Nigerian people, and we of course shall arrest the criminals.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by naijachix(m): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2012
@poster. when next you have counseller cases again against you. simply report to Nigerian embassy there and lay your complains. i assure you, you will get justice and have you visa extended if you follow due process.
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by mrt886us: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
since we face humiliation day in day out in china, why cant we stop going there, for any reason,Nigeria is a blessed country, we have all it takes to stop going to china........ we should bring our selves together irrespective of religion or tribe and kick out the bad eggs in our country... as we all know the bad eggs are our leaders in power.....
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by omoelesa(m): 6:39am On Feb 05, 2016
Chumaco:
EASYWAY CHUMACO LOGISTICS
 CHINA  TO  AFRICAN

CAROLINE :0086-18561893286.(WECHAT,WHATSAPP,IMO)
 CHUMACO: 0086-13168300844.0086-18588631673. WECHAT,WHATSAPP,IMO)
NORMAL CARGO : $4.5/KG, CLEARING:350NGN
 NORMAL CARGO:$ 5 /KG, CLEARING:350NGN  ( WITH BATTERY)
 EXPRESS : $8 /KG ,   CLEARING :480NGN
 EXPRESS : $9 /KG ,   CLEARING :480NGN (WITH BARTTERY)

we are your loyal agent and link for you. If you want to do very good business with Chinese, 
we will be the biggest logistics company for china and African. ALL FOR YOU.,MY CUSTOMER.
Easyway chumaco logistics. CHUMACO :008613168300844
Address in china: Shop 1088 1F,xinghua Building Zhanqian Road, Guangzhou
广州市,站前路二街1号,兴华国际饰品城,1楼,1088号.
Oga, na wa o,why u dey advertise for dis kind thread nah?
Re: How Nigerians Are Abused In China. by MansaMoussa: 7:02am On Feb 05, 2016
Why won't you be treated like dirt when you have carried your Nigerian touting to another man's land.
From killing fellow countrymen in the name of drug wars to defrauding honest Nigerian businessmen in the name of " middleman' to soooo many unspeakable atrocities.
A Chinese policeman told me once that what baffles him the most, is the way Nigerians kill their fellow Nigerians in China.. wondering if we were human.
Here, in Nigeria, I have met a Chinese businessman who asked me what part of Nigeria I come from...I was shocked, when he told me he's been warned from doing business with people from a section of the country.
We need to change our attitudes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Osun By-Election: Fayose Congratulates Adeleke, Says Isiaka Didn’t Die In Vain / Gunmen Burn Electoral Materials In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.