Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,948 members, 7,906,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:45 PM

Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! (1790 Views)

Ghanaians Vent Their Anger On John Dumelo For Defending John Mahama / General Olukolade And Oby Ezekwesili Vent Anger On Each Other Over BIU Crisis / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by FreeUS(m): 3:05am On Jan 02, 2008
I know most nigerians who have any idea about whats going on behind the scenes know that the stories of insubordination, corruption within the EFCC, etc are all just being thrown in to confuse the matter at hand.

The Summary of real issue is this: Nigeria is a great nation with substandard leaders. Nigeria is a nation consumed by greed and corruption. The only reason we still wallow in poverty is bad leadership which is a product of this greed and corruption. Corruption is terrorism.

Some argue that it should not be about an individual but about institutions, this is true in an ideal country of which nigeria isnt one. Lets get there first. In Nigeria of today corruption is strong enough to buy well oiled institutions as long as integrity is lacking in the leader of that institution. One thing that is for sure is that Ribadu is a man of conviction and of truth. Granted he was hand tied by the OBJ administration , and he was used for political gains the truth remains that none of the governors arrested(although discriminated against while leaving other) have been shown to be falsely accused.

It is true that the EFCC is imperfect but is by Far the most effective tool against corruption nigeria has ever seen. This institution with its incorruptible leader RIBADU was the last hope for nigeria. Why tamper with whats working.

I BEG that we react.

Some might be ignorant enough to avoid seeing the writing on the wall. Ibori is arrested and a week later the EFCC boss is sent on a compulsory course. We stand at the edge of the fight between good vs evil, corruption vs integrity, Which side will devour our nation? Its up to us- one man can only do so much

I suggest that we stop standing by and that we act, '

BELOW ARE THE NUMBERS OF THE AGF and that of the POLICE COMMISSIONER- MIKE OKIRO (as per saharareporters)

Let them hear your mind

1.Mike Okiro, Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro:
234-803-200-1330

2.Michael Aondoaka, Attorney General of the Federation: +234-803-569-3341 or +234-702-803-9261

In the words of Ribadu, history will judge us!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Seun(m): 3:16am On Jan 02, 2008
1) Source?
2) You think this makes any difference?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by FreeUS(m): 3:23am On Jan 02, 2008
For the phone numbers its saharareporters.com (very credible news source).

As far as whether it will make a difference or not, I can't say that i know the answer, but it sure is better to do something than to just watch. My hope is that we register our grievances , so that it is at least known that not many people are happy with the development.

Only time will tell if this can have any impact. It sure can't hurt.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Seun(m): 3:25am On Jan 02, 2008
Hmm. Saharareporters credible?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 4:09am On Jan 02, 2008
Why tamper with whats working.

My man, what is wrong with your head?

What exactly is working?
Of course, EFCC could be a better institution only if it is reformed.
Mr. Ribadu divided the entire country and was leading this country toward a major train wreck.

Just because few were attacked and probed didn't mean war against corruption was being fought effectively.

FYI:The man (RABIDU) has never never made a move on his own; he was directed every single time; and many EFCC personnel didn't care too much for this man either. This is also one of the reasons why many are currently very concerned; some already started to speculate that many EFCC personnel are starting to sing, which will definitely expose the other side of Ribadu.

Is this what we want in Nigeria?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by FreeUS(m): 4:22am On Jan 02, 2008
Seun,

Please explain why saharareporters is not credible.

Big B1

What are you talking about, these overintellectual guys amaze me. Before Ribadu, was there any fear in any of these governors

Perfection is the goal, but despite its imperfections, i dare say the EFCC was working, slowly, but working.

They will replace him now with a more compliant puppet.

Only God can save this country,
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 4:38am On Jan 02, 2008
They will replace him now with a more compliant puppet.

Now, our job is to be very attentive, watch and make sure that this replacement does what is right the right way.
Trust me, I am looking and he will hear from me if he fumbles.

He will be immediately sent back to his village just like Ribadu!

Let us accept Ribadu's immaturity as a lesson for others.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by vigasimple(m): 6:01am On Jan 02, 2008
It is very clear to me that granted that everyone has right of freedom of expression some like that of Big B1 is not more than that of a fool with jelly fish brain.

whatever anyone in this country think of the so called imperfection of RIBADU EFCC, I said it before and I will say it again, not in the History of Nigeria has anyone has the audacity to put an IGP of police behind bars, Governors and everybody have fears because of RIBADU resolve. Infact no IGP of Police anywhere in Africa has ever being put to Prison because nobody have that audacity and love for his people and prepare to die for it like RIBADU. History will prove us right because AGF pattern is a cover up man.

The background to this teacher don't teach me nonsense school concoted between a stupid IGP OKIRO and a dull and dumb Mr. president and a terrorist against the Nigerian people Attorney genenral for corruption and corrupted politicians.

Infact by law only Yar A'dull has the power to do anything to RIBADU and must make his recommendation to the NASS which he has failed to do. Due process and rule of law my ass, Mr. President, you have failed with your AGF to follow this incase of RIBADU move.

I hope that people like Gani fawehinmi etc can challenge the IGP and the federal government in Court. Infact the only two reasons why Mr Prsident can remove RIBADU is for incompetence and bad health, so why don't Yar A'dull invent an excuse along those lines because he knew that Nigerians will find them out as they have done with this school nonsense.

Again everyone should remember that they tried diffrent method twice, one to put EFCC under the AGF office which is unconstitutional and they tinker with the idea of merging it with a worthless ICPC(that never got any serious conviction anybody can remember), they knew that RIBADU will still be the head.

There is another option these dubious set should have adopted if they want to connvince Nigerian's that they are sincere with fighting corruption get another leader for ICPC and let them concentrate on OBJ and IBB cabal so that all the people will come out and pay for their sins.

I heared that IBORI threatend to release can of worms that is while they are pannicknig. Of course all the evidence is in court both in Nigeria and in the UK and pretty damming. Even the AGF a government minister of justice was writing to a Crown court in the UK giving 'Testimonial' about Mr. Clean and unindicted IBORI whom he very well knew as former IBORI defence Attorney that EFCC is preparing a damming indictment against him.

The unfortunate thing about this IBORI thing is that it is too later all the papers are in court and some in the UK so even if RIBADU goes it is too later, and we shall see what trick they are going to come up with.

Infact I think Nigerians should campaing that both AGF and OKIRO must go and go now.

I don't know the procedure for asking IGP and AGF to be removed because they are working contrary to the Political and economical integrity of Nigeria. They are trying to bring the nation some 10 steps backward having move 2 steps forward.

For dump people like BIG B1 and others , RIBADU always arraigned suspect in an open court of law with an Independent judiciary, so the defendants or the accussed can raised the issue of unfairness, discrimination and selective justices and named other thieves to the JUDGE in open court for the Judge to issue an order to the EFCC and RUIBADU for those people to be investigated. That is how clean people behave, if you are not a thief, you have nothing to fear whatever the status of the justice either selective or otherwise.

I want IBORI to come to court name OBJ and OBJ comes to court name ATIKU and IBB, they should all rut in hell anyone who take the property of the people of Nigeria and we are left with no or unfunctioning or unmaintained infrastructures.

GOD PLEASE TAKE AWAY PEACE FROM ALL UNREPENTANT LOOTERS OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY. LET THEM BE UNABLE TO SLEEP UNTIL THEY CONFESS AND RETURN NIGERIA MONEY.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by swing4real(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2008
Big1
What are you scared of? Most of your posts sounds like you are scared of something? what is it Big B1? Those governors arrested by Ribadu are they innocent?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2008
What are you scared of? Most of your posts sounds like you are scared of something? what is it Big B1? Those governors arrested by Ribadu are they innocent?

your VP, Goodluck was a bloody thief with his wife. what has your RIBADU done?

and what happened to Bode Georg, the thief from Nigeria Port

or Annenih with N300bil for road and nothing done?

To hell with Ribadu. He had his chance and blew it
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by micklplus(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2008
I am scared for this country ! imagine what people have been saying about RIBADU ! whats the problem with this country ! Assuming RIBADU hasnt done well, are u saying all the people he arraigned and arrested were innocent ?? are they not criminals  Fine, he didnt arrest all the criminals, does it mean RIBADU hasnt done anything for this country ! Isnt it obvious that, bro Michael AGF is up to something since since he became the AGF ! hasnt he displayed his " HATRED " for RIBADU Cant you see that our GOVERNORS are somehow scared of EFCC isnt that a good thing atleast?? Are u saying thats not progress?

Some other people have been saying RIBADU isnt EFCC ! Thats correct but a good head WILL impact positively on any institution ! thats a fact, right? BIG B1, has RIBADU done that or not Theres always room for improvement but to totally rule out RIBADU is extremely not acceptable !!!

Vigasimple, good points and argument!
FreeUS, thanks for the numbers

God bless ME
God bless NIGERIANS
God bless NIGERIA
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2008
As the controversy over the legality of the re-appointment of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) continues, THISDAY was informed last night that the Presidency was contemplating ways of “addressing the issue”.
THISDAY had reported yesterday that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Michael Aondoakaa, had raised the issue of the legality of Ribadu’s reappointment by the former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, shortly before the end of his tenure on May 29, 2007.
Aondoakaa, it was reported, had noted that the appointment was not approved by the last Senate as required by Section 2 (3) of the EFCC Act which states: “The Chairman and members of the commission other than the ex-officio members shall be appointed by the President subject to the confirmation of the Senate.”
THISDAY had also reported that there was a petition before the Presidency which alleged that Ribadu’s re-appointment was illegal and that all the cases he endorsed for trial since his controversial second term commenced amounted to a nullity.
A Presidency source confirmed the new development to THISDAY last night, saying the president was “deeply worried” that due process was not followed in the re-appointment of Ribadu and wants to rectify the situation based on the legal advice of the AGF.

Gbosa!!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by presido1: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2008
Those that was not arrested will be God father to those that will be selected elected in the near future therby making them corrupt as well. Arrest all the corrupt Politicians thats our stand.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by otokx(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2008
@presido1

Well said.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ndubest(m): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2008
another excuse from the AGF to divert attention from their failure to use due process
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2008
presido1:

Those that was not arrested will be God father to those that will be selected elected in the near future therby making them corrupt as well. Arrest all the corrupt Politicians thats our stand.

Agree. And when you're arresting them, let everyone see that you're actually doing that, not some selective arrest of corrupt politicians.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by McKren(m): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
BigB1 give Nairalanders why we should be reforming a successful EFCC when there is an unsuccessful ICPC begging for reforms.

Why should EFCC and not ICPC be our priority?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by McKren(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2008
3 More Ex-Governors To Be Charged This Week

Print Friendly
Iyobosa Uwugiaren
Search by Author

• Two serving senators also in EFCC’s cross-hairs

If the recent decision by the inspector-general of police to send the executive chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to a year course was designed to shield certain prominent politicians from prosecution by the EFCC, as it is widely believed, the move may have failed after all.

LEADERSHIP gathered that in its determination to take the crusade against corruption to the next level in 2008, the anti-financial crimes agency has resolved to arraign three more former governors before a Federal High Court this week for alleged money laundering and misapplication of public funds.

The three men, according to our source, include a former governor from the South-South geo-political zone and two serving Senators from the North.

The former governor, for example, is being accused of inflating N24.6 billion contract for building gas turbines as part of his Independent Power Programme and elaborate electricity project that was executed without appropriate legislation by the State House of Assembly in flagrant abuse of constitutional requirements.

The charges also suggest that he was involved in an illegal diversion of Local Government Councils’ fund to the tune of N4.45 billion; that various illegal diversions of funds from the various state government accounts were carried out by the governor and officials of the State, sometimes through one construction company; that the governor was involved in siphoning of government funds through the state Ecological Fund accounts where N176 million was collected by one of his fronts, the accountant of the Government House, and N34 million by another person.

"From now till February when Ribadu is expected to go to NIPSS is a long period; if the move to send him on course was designed to prevent EFCC from prosecuting certain persons, it will fail. As I speak to you, the EFCC has resolved to charge three more ex-governors to court this week for corruption," said an insider.

At present, seven governors are being prosecuted in courts over alleged corrupt practices. Records show that the commission as at last year made 2,500 arrests; 92 convictions recorded; $5 billion worth of assets and cash recovered. The properties recovered included several houses, land, luxury cars, airplane and oil tankers.

While our source confirmed Ribadu’s readiness to go for the course, he said neither the inspector-general of police, Sir Mike Okiro, nor President Yar’Adua is empowered by the EFCC Act to appoint an acting chairman for the commission.

Several names, including Solomon Arase, a commissioner of police at the Police Force Headquarters; Ibrahim Lamorde, director of operations in the EFCC, and others are being speculated as possible successors of Ribadu.

But an insider said it is only the board of EFCC that could appoint the acting chairman.

The source explained, "By the Act, it is only the board of EFCC, being headed by Ribadu himself, that can appoint a person on acting capacity; anything contrary to that is illegal and it will not stand. And I know President Yar’Adua is somebody who believes in due process and rule of law."

The decision by the federal government to send the EFCC boss to NIPSS for a year has in the last few days been generating mixed reactions from Nigerians.

-----Culled from LEADERSHIP Newspaper
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by McKren(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2008
Ribadu: Presidency Weighs Legal Options
•Lawyers disagree over re-appointment
By Tokunbo Adedoja, Ademola Adeyemo, Philip Ogunmade in Lagos and Funso Muraina in Abuja, 01.02.2008

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

As the controversy over the legality of the re-appointment of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) continues, THISDAY was informed last night that the Presidency was contemplating ways of “addressing the issue”.
THISDAY had reported yesterday that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Michael Aondoakaa, had raised the issue of the legality of Ribadu’s reappointment by the former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, shortly before the end of his tenure on May 29, 2007.
Aondoakaa, it was reported, had noted that the appointment was not approved by the last Senate as required by Section 2 (3) of the EFCC Act which states: “The Chairman and members of the commission other than the ex-officio members shall be appointed by the President subject to the confirmation of the Senate.”
THISDAY had also reported that there was a petition before the Presidency which alleged that Ribadu’s re-appointment was illegal and that all the cases he endorsed for trial since his controversial second term commenced amounted to a nullity.
A Presidency source confirmed the new development to THISDAY last night, saying the president was “deeply worried” that due process was not followed in the re-appointment of Ribadu and wants to rectify the situation based on the legal advice of the AGF.
“The situation on ground now is that there is no substansive EFCC chairman because of the development,” the source said. “However, because the EFCC has been very robust and determined in its anti-graft war, the president is trying to resolve the issue with the aim of building a proper institution that will last the distance.”
The source noted: “The president has always vowed his full commitment to doing things the proper way, by following the rule of law and due process. In this case, it was not followed. Ribadu’s name was not sent to the Senate for confirmation as stipulated by the law, so his stay is vulnerable to legal action. The president is very worried about this development which has recently been drawn to his attention.
“If you look at it very well, the president sent the name of the chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Ms Ifueko Omoigui, to the Senate for re-confirmation after the expiration of her tenure. Why should Ribadu’s case be different? Things have to be done properly if our democracy is to be consolidated,” the source added. He insisted that the president’s least worry is the decision of the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, to send Ribadu on a nine-month course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS).
“The issue of the illegality of Ribadu’s current tenure is the one that the president is really worried about,” he added, but did not volunteer information on the likelihood of the president re-nominating Ribadu for the position. “Since Ribadu is going to NIPSS, I don’t think he will be re-nominated for the EFCC job.”
The source said that if any of the accused persons raised the issue of the legality of Ribadu’s tenure in court, it may lead to the collapse of the entire proceedings against them.
Yesterday, legal experts and commentators continued to react to the observation raised by Aondoakaa over Ribadu’s tenure.
President of the West Africa Bar Association, Mr. Femi Falana, said the AGF was merely expressing his political opinion on the issue and not a legal viewpoint.
Citing Section 2 (3) of the EFCC Act, Falana said Senate confirmation is required only for the first four-year term of the chairman and members of the commission. He argued that Section 3 (1) of the Act which deals with re-appointment does not have any provision for re-confirmation.
Noting that assuming the law even stipulates that there should be a re-confirmation of his re-appointment, Falana said "it is settled in law that confirmation of appointment can be by conduct."
He said: "The present Senate has had cause to endorse the appointment of Ribadu when it rightly intervened in the embarrassing face-off between the AGF and EFCC. After a thorough debate, the Senate passed a resolution calling on President Yar'Adua to bring the face-off to an end."
He added that after his re-appointment, Ribadu also appeared before the two chambers of the National Assembly to defend the EFCC budget pursuant to Section 33 of the EFCC Act. He also noted that just last September, Ribadu presented the commission's annual report to the National Assembly as stipulated by law.
"Therefore, by relating with him in the last six months in the prosecution of the anti-graft war, the confirmation of the Senate cannot be questioned at this stage," he maintained.
Falana said the matter had already been settled by the Court of Appeal in the case of OAU Vs Dr. Kola Onabanjo whose appointment was terminated by the University three months after the three years probation period on the ground that the appointment had not been confirmed.
He said the Appeal Court, presided over by Justice Mustapha Akanbi, held that even though the university law stipulates confirmation in writing, the fact that the university allowed the lecturer to teach students and receive salaries three months after the probation period, his appointment was deemed to have been confirmed.
In his own view, however, Mr Niyi Akintola, SAN, said senate confirmation of Ribadu's re-appointment was necessary. "It may be argued that if it was based on credibility, it won't be necessary. But my opinion is that in the course of running his first term if he did something to tamper with his integrity, the confirmation of the senate is desirable," he argued.
While reacting to the AGF's position, Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) berated the AGF. Speaking in a telephone conversation with THISDAY last night, Fawehinmi said the AGF, by his comment that Ribadu acted illegally as the chairman of EFCC prior to his “study leave”, only revealed his “shallow understanding” of the laws of the land.
Also reacting to the AGF's comment, Chairman of Council of Industrial Lawyers, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, said it was regrettable that the AGF could make such a comment, which in his own words do "not portray Nigeria in good light."
According to Aturu, the argument that Ribadu acted illegally because his re-appointment was not confirmed by the Senate was baseless, saying an appointment once confirmed does not require to be reconfirmed.
He expressed disappointment with the development, arguing that Aondoakaa was not expected to make such a statement, saying that the comment only portrays him as having something against Ribadu or perhaps a deliberate attempt to kill the anti-corruption war.
"All these don't portray Nigeria in good light. If the AGF is making such a statement, we should be asking him why he didn't say this when he just came to the office and when he said that the EFCC, ICPC and Code of Conduct of Bureau would merge. It appears that the government is looking for a way to justify the removal of Ribadu. The Senate does not need to re-confirm the appointment it had earlier confirmed unless there is another EFCC Act,” he said.
Another lawyer, Kehinde Imafidon, said the essence of Senate confirmation is for the country to know about the antecedents of the nominees. He said that was done in 2003 in the case of Ribadu when former President Olusegun Obasanjo reappointed him. The senate, if it had any reason to object to his reappointment, would have raised it, he said.
Mr Emeka Ngige, SAN, said: "I have not really understood the detailed reason for his being sent on course in NIPPS in Jos. But whatever the reason, people would read meaning about government's motives. With or without senate confirmation, how can government remove somebody adjudged by the public to be doing a good job? This is not saying that Ribadu is indispensible, rather the action carries a lot of malice and suspicion of Yar’Adua’s lip service to the fight against corruption. Nigerians have been crying that the chairman of INEC should not be sacked, government has not deemed it fit to heed the call. Instead, it tactically removed Ribadu. I feel the last session of the senate was not stupid not to have raised any objection about Ribadu's re-appointment."

---------Culled for THISDAY Newspaper
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2008
McKren:

While our source confirmed Ribadu’s readiness to go for the course, he said neither the inspector-general of police, Sir Mike Okiro, nor President Yar’Adua is empowered by the EFCC Act to appoint an acting chairman for the commission.

This Ribadu guy is a joke. If what's up there is actually credited to him, then I think he needs to have his brain examined - CT scan or something.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
BigB1 give Nairalanders why we should be reforming a successful EFCC when there is an unsuccessful ICPC begging for reforms.

who determines what is successful?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
McKren:

The source explained, "By the Act, it is only the board of EFCC, being headed by[b] Ribadu himself[/b], that can appoint a person on acting capacity; anything contrary to that is illegal and it will not stand. And I know President Yar’Adua is somebody who believes in due process and rule of law."

What a source! I just hope it's saharareporters. They are the people that peddle such news. Any contrary view on why this Ribadu guy should go? He has turned EFCC to his private outfit. Again, this is what you get when you promote someone far above what his brain can carry.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by McKren(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2008
babasin:

who determines what is successful?

The Nigerian People, and majority believes the EFCC is by far the best Anti-graft agency
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by McKren(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2008
ono:

What a source! I just hope it's saharareporters. They are the people that peddle such news. Any contrary view on why this Ribadu guy should go? He has turned EFCC to his private outfit. Again, this is what you get when you promote someone far above what his brain can carry.

Whoever made that comment to leadership Newspaper must be saying while the President has the power to appoint or sack the EFCC chairman, issues with training of staff and appointment of "acting staff" including "acting chairman" when the real chairman proceeds on training is the prerogative of the EFCC board.

I think we should research whether this is the position of the EFCC act before we start laying abuses.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2008
The Nigerian People, and majority believes the EFCC is by far the best Anti-graft agency

indeed. and what survery did you conduct? is that from EWU; one of RIBADU untouchables
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by FreeUS(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2008
I am happy there are people who see whats going on. Even if Ribadu needs to be moved or "sent on a course" the timing and mode are very very suspicious. With two failed previous attempts, how can you be so blind!!!!

The Corrupt politicians must be in their bedrooms popping champagne, it wont work tho.

Nigerians are awake,

All those who fear Ribadu have the same reason to fear Lamorde, we will see what happens,
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by IykeD1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2008

Those that was not arrested will be God father to those that will be selected elected in the near future therby
making them corrupt as well. Arrest all the corrupt Politicians thats our stand.

What a moronic comment? Where in the world have ALL CORRUPT POLITICIANS been arrested before?
I guess you expect Nigeria to be a first, an impossible expectation from a country with the most corrupt
politicians. A country where an indicted former governor leaves jail on bail and he heads to the seat of
power to meet with the president. NAIVE!!!

Ribadu detractors can bury their heads in the sands if they like, but the greater majority of Nigerian media
agrees that Ribadu did a great job at the EFCC and has achieved more success fighting corruption than
anyone else in Nigeria. Imagine the EFCC hauling IBB's son in for interrogation - I bet that was the first
time their air of invincibility was punctured. Also, check your papers and you will see that Ribadu routinely
gets standing ovations whenever he attends public functions (the late ACF president's burial was a case
in point).
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2008
What a moronic comment? Where in the world have ALL CORRUPT POLITICIANS been arrested before?

RIBADU should have arrested the BIG FISH and he would be praised:

BIG FISH:

OBJ
IBB
Annenih
Mantu
Bode
Ali
Iyabo
Obaseki

Let me start with above. He will recover more money than from Alam, Dariye, Tafa.

Mind you he has done nothing special. Abacha had 'FAILED BANK TRIBUNAL' and all corrupt BANK chief were in PRISON.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Teriba(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2008
It`s very interesting that some people are trying to justify the sacking of Ribadu through a roundabout method. We all need to understand the fact that we haven`t got to a stage in our development where one would be prosecuting the daughter of an incumbent President. When the father leaves power, he could make his move at any time and prosecute. The bottom-line is, Ribadu has been stepping on some powerful toes and they have now succeeded in their plots to remove him. Why can`t they do that without toying with our intelligence ? A former American President once said: `` You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can full all of the people some of the time, but you can`t fool all the people all of the time`` This President and his corrupt inner circle are only fooling themselves !
Personally, I would always be grateful to Ribadu for being one of the very few that stopped Babangida from contesting the presidential election last year.
May God continue to bless him wherever he is!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2008

RIBADU should have arrested the BIG FISH and he would be praised:

BIG FISH:

OBJ
IBB
Annenih
Mantu
Bode
Ali
Iyabo
Obaseki

Let him start with above. He will recover more money than from Alam, Dariye, Tafa.

Mind you he has done nothing special. Abacha had 'FAILED BANK TRIBUNAL' and all corrupt BANK chief were in PRISON.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2008
[size=24pt]we need a left-wing political movement called RIBADU[/size]

meanwhile I don send my text to Human Right Watch. Make all fans anywhere in world send there own too. 30pence, 70 cents or 50 Naira may just be critical to the future of Nigeria.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2008
Posted by swing4real:
Big1
What are you scared of? Most of your posts sounds like you are scared of something?

I am only scared for you from falling on your head once again!

I just don't get it, folks; why are you attacking Big B1? Did I select Ribadu or fire him?
I haven't done anything wrong, but pointed out the defectiveness of a prominent Nigerian institution.
What exactly is the big deal? What exactly do you expect from a dedicated citizen of Nigeria? Will it make you happier if we remain quiet and pretend as if all is well?
I don't get it!
This is the only way Nigeria can move forward effectively and efficiently as a nation. You can not expect every single Nigerian to lay down, fall asleep and face the same retarded direction; things will definitely fall apart this way.

Growth is being able to accurately identify mistakes or defectiveness and learning from it. And it takes matureness for one to comply with this protocol.
Instead of wasting time and energy castigating Big B1, may be we should all work together as one, discover what really went wrong and what could be done to prevent another Ribadu syndrome from occurring again in Nigeria.

Please, keep in mind that I truly recognize the fact that the man was incredible and I do admire some of his ways, but he was sabotaged by you know!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Bush Be Prosecuted For War Crime? / N20bn Contract Scam: Fashola And I Have No Fear — Tinubu ! / Fashola Hands Over Another Set Of Housing Units In Ojokoro. : Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.