Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,598 members, 7,934,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:33 PM

Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! (1800 Views)

Ghanaians Vent Their Anger On John Dumelo For Defending John Mahama / General Olukolade And Oby Ezekwesili Vent Anger On Each Other Over BIU Crisis / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by lakeside4love(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2008
Ribadu shuld go jare.Wat has he done that another man(placed in-charge of EFCC) cannot do?

Why hasnt he probe Obasanjo?or was Obasanjo a saint in his 8yrs rule?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2008
@Swing4real

Big1
What are you scared of? Most of your posts sounds like you are scared of something? what is it Big B1? Those governors arrested by Ribadu are they innocent?

Excellent question!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2008
@Poster, That is a great idea. Who is collecting the petitions, what authority do these persons have and are they actually going to submit them to the government on this issue?? I love the move. I think it is great, now if we can only be sure that it is not just to get people to call in but actually to get people to call in and basically get the needs of the people to the right sources.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2008
Teriba:

. . . . . . . . . . . We all need to understand the fact that we haven`t got to a stage in our development where one would be prosecuting the daughter of an incumbent President. When the father leaves power, he could make his move at any time and prosecute, . . . . . .
Really? Wonders will never end in this country. Anyway, he's out now, what's stopping EFCC from prosecuting his daughter?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by FreeUS(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2008
Hey Mike ansy, how do i send this petition to the Human rights watch, please provide details.

Thanks
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2008
Yes, mikeansy:
please go ahead and show us something new!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2008
I send text message to:

[size=16pt]00234-803-200-1330[/size]
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2008
That's it, mikeansy?
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Teriba(m): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2008
ono:

Really? Wonders will never end in this country. Anyway, he's out now, what's stopping EFCC from prosecuting his daughter?

Most of us that have never done anything tangible for that country are the most vocal in a situation like this. We have a guy that risked his life in order to achieve some credibility for the country under a very difficult circumstances. Even if we disagree with his tactics, that shouldn`t stop us from acknowledging his dedication. The porous argument being advanced by some people is that since he didn`t score 100%, it means he wasn`t good enough. The interesting thing about all this is that it`s the admirers of Babangida that have become the most sanctimonious in today`s Nigeria, leading the anti-Ribadu chorus. The Babangida that turned curruption into an ideology in Nigeria, the Babangida that murdered Dele Giwa, murdered his own friend, murdered the electoral process as well as acountability in the corridors of power, the Babangida that stole over $12 billion during the first Gulf War, is walking free without molestation while one of those that have been helping us to repair the damage done by this deranged General is being harassed. Whenever people went to Babangida to complain about the incidence of bribery and corruption during his tenure, he used to tell them to go and bribe whoever was asking for a bribe, so we can do without any lessons on probity and efficient leadership from people like Big B1.
You, Ono, said Ribadu should have prosecuted Obasanjo and his daughter, but how could he have done that when the current President had never given him his unequivocal support? If Ribadu had received the necessary backing, he may have moved against the Obasanjos.What we have now is a dubious President who is so cowardly that he had to lie in order to dismiss a popular civil servant from his post. The President is desperate to remain in power so whatever Atiku Abubakar and Babangida ask him to do shall be done-including removing one of the most effective civil servants in Nigeria from office.
Ribadu did in Nigeria what was impossible in most African countries, and that is something no one can take away from him!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2008
@ Teriba,
You need to know my stance on these issues. It's with thesame passion that I hate babacratic OBJ for the evils perpetrated under his nose that I hate IBB. I never for once voiced my support for IBB in anyway. And as far as I'm concerned, these two personalities - IBB and OBJ are the main reasons why Nigeria is at a sorry pass today.

Talking about murder, I honestly don't think OBJ is better than IBB. OBJ was the one who spearheaded the assassination of Bola Ige, Harry Marshal and a host of others during his tenure as president of this country. If he isn't, how is it that we've not been able to fish out the people who carried out these dastardly act at the time? Who's shielding them from being caught?

And as far as I'm concerned, Ribadoo is/was a tool used by OBJ to execute anti-thuurd term die hards. We should not forget easily the way the man was breathing hell both on TV and radio over this. We should not forget how EFCC was used to hound everyone who was against his plan to continue as life president of this country. No one is saying Ribadu did not fight corruption. What we're complaining about him is the way he went about it at some point. This completely brought down his credibility rating.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by BigB11(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2008
No one is saying Ribadu did not fight corruption. What we're complaining about him is the way he went about it at some point. This completely brought down his credibility rating.

@ono:
You've talked!

Bravo!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by presido1: 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
From Iyke-D
A country where an indicted former governor leaves jail on bail and he heads to the seat of
power to meet with the president. NAIVE
Did he ever compain to the citizenry that this is what is happening. Standing overtion ke? Mind you 419 kingpins get such, Alams Get such and many others. Keep on dreaming Ribadu is helping you fight corruption.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Teriba(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
ono:

@ Teriba,
You need to know my stance on these issues. It's with thesame passion that I hate babacratic OBJ for the evils perpetrated under his nose that I hate IBB. I never for once voiced my support for IBB in anyway. And as far as I'm concerned, these two personalities - IBB and OBJ are the main reasons why Nigeria is at a sorry pass today.

Talking about murder, I honestly don't think OBJ is better than IBB. OBJ was the one who spearheaded the assassination of Bola Ige, Harry Marshal and a host of others during his tenure as president of this country. If he isn't, how is it that we've not been able to fish out the people who carried out these dastardly act at the time? Who's shielding them from being caught?

And as far as I'm concerned, Ribadoo is/was a tool used by OBJ to execute anti-thuurd term die hards. We should not forget easily the way the man was breathing hell both on TV and radio over this. We should not forget how EFCC was used to hound everyone who was against his plan to continue as life president of this country. No one is saying Ribadu did not fight corruption. What we're complaining about him is the way he went about it at some point. This completely brought down his credibility rating.

Ono, I think I need to make a couple of things clear here. Let me start with the comparison you are making between OBJ and IBB. The first thing I share with you on this is the abhorrence for their leadership; both are criminals that have no business in the corridors of power! But fundamentally speaking, I do not see how we can say that one is not better than the other. I will still go for the leader that is saying in public that corruption is unacceptable than the Babangida that was telling everybody, directly and indirectly, that only a stupid civil servant would fail to steal money while in office. Please, feel free to remind me of any past leaders that had been like this before Babangida. When you look at Nigeria today, all the bad characteristics you see at the upper echelons of power started with Babangida. The military used to be the last hope of Nigerians before Babangida. Up until today, Babangida has not told us where the windfall Nigeria got from oil during the first Gulf War disappeared to; that money was over $12 billion dollars. On the other hand, we have Obasanjo that paid off our debts. And do you still remember ABN ? It was used by Babangida through Arthur Nzeribe to tell Nigerians why Babangida should stay in power for ever. Then 14 million Nigerians cast their votes in 1993, in the best elections in the history of Nigeria, only for Babangida to annul it. And you are telling me that Babngida and Obasanjo are the same ?
Another mistake you are making is that, all the crimes we now know that the criminal called Babangida perpetrated during his leadership were mere rumours until he was disgraced out of office. It was when he left office that everything came into the open. And when he was given the chance to go and clear his name that he didn`t murder Dele Giwa, clear his name that it was not when Dele Giwa was about to reveal Babangida`s connection with drug peddling that he decided to murder the man, he literally ran away! So the same thing is always going to happen to Obasanjo- now that he is out of office. All the crimes that Obasanjo committed in office would catch up with him. But the problem is, you guys expected Ribadu to arrest Obasanjo when the father of corruption in Nigeria is enjoying the mansion he built with our $12 billion in Minna; what happens to consistence ?
Generally speaking, when it comes to fighting corruption or any other illegal activities, it is never easy for the one given that responsibility to move against the leader of that country, especially when the leader in question is the one that appointed him. That is not something that is restricted to Nigeria; it`s world-wide! Ribadu was appointed by a dirty leader to do a house-cleaning job for Nigeria. Can you imagine what would have happened if he had been given that role by Buhari/Idiagbon
I`m all for the arrest of Obasanjo and his family, but you may want to promise me that Babangida will not be left behind, and that whenever the President and his men engage in corruption, our new corruption tsar will do what Ribadu couldn`t.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by babasin(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2008
When you look at Nigeria today, all the bad characteristics you see at the upper echelons of power started with Babangida

indeed.

was babaginda involved in N2.8billion oil money missing in June 1978?? was that not same OBJ.

Go back and read your history!
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Teriba(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2008
Yeah, the N2.8billion your panel got evidence of !
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by ono(m): 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
Teriba:

. . . . . . . But fundamentally speaking, I do not see how we can say that one is not better than the other,  . . . . . . . 

For me to compare OBJ and IBB without bias, my take is that IBB should be given another chance to right all the wrongs he committed in this country during his first tenure as president. . . . . afterall, OBJ was given a second chance to do that. But in OBJ's case, he blew the opportunity. What do you think?

Teriba:

I`m all for the arrest of Obasanjo and his family, but you may want to promise me that Babangida will not be left behind, and that whenever the President and his men engage in corruption, our new corruption tsar will do what Ribadu couldn`t.

Agree. Infact, I expected that by now, OBJ should be back in Yola prison, drinking well water. But we understand that he's built the equivalent of IBB Hiltop mansion in Minna at Abeokuta GRA. We now have a Hiltop Mansion in Abeokuta - it's amazing how ex-Generals now delight in building Hiltop mansions. And I can only pray that IBB roast in prison for all his misdeeds.
Re: Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! by Teriba(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Ono

Nigerians did not give Obasanjo any second chance, Babangida and those that were afraid of their past did! Anyway, feel free to make Babangida your life President; he deserves it, doesn`t he ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg / Ahoada Inferno: Princewill Empathizes With Amaechi And Rivers People, Tasks FG / Pictures: Poor Maintenance And Deterioration Of The Abuja National Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.