Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time (3977 Views)

Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa / Naija's Five Top/best Rappers / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by diddy4(m): 2:10am On May 07, 2006
here is the ultimate top 5

jay z
pac
biggie
rakim
nas
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by Theryman(m): 2:35am On May 07, 2006
diddy4dt:

here is the ultimate top 5

jay z
pac
biggie
rakim
nas

Hell yeah !!!! but I'd put it in that order:
Biggie
Pac
Jay-Z
Nas
Rakim
(on another topic I posted Eminem in my top 5, but, yesterday I listenned for the first time to "paid in full" and this is damn HOT !!!!! it's the origin/essence of Hip-Hop)
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by sade511(f): 2:38am On May 07, 2006
Mine are:
Tupac
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Eminem
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by lailai2(m): 5:04am On Mar 06, 2007
no particular order
- bone thugs
- 50 cent
- guru
- eminem
- biggie
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 06, 2007
!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by Jduck13(m): 12:55am On Mar 13, 2007
Yo man I musa been smokin somen when I posted my top 5 last time da best is
1. 2pac
2. biggie
3. Big L
4.Rakim
5.eminem
6. Jay-z
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by justme3(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2007
biggie
rakim
nas
jadakiss
common
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by sect(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2007
If ur top five list does not include 2pac,eminem and snoop dogg then ur list is trash cos even rappers of this time bow to this three guys.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by denex: 10:16pm On May 30, 2007
I do not mean to insult anyone in here, but I have to imagine the kind of effort that a lot of rappers have put in this game over the years only for some slowpoke to list Pdiddy among the top 5 rappers OF ALL TIME! Puffy is not even a rapper; he's an entertainment promoter that can't stay
out of the limelight.
By the way, remember it doesn't say 5 rappers I like. Anyway, here goes

1. Tupac
2. Biggie
3. Rakim/ LL Cool J
4. Nas
5. Talib Kweli/ Snoop
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by thegame(m): 4:43pm On May 31, 2007
First of all, West coast guyys are the best rappers. It's original people.here's my list

1.Pac
2Biggie
3.Jayz/NAs
4.Snoop/The Game
5.DMX/Jarule

Anybosy that ommits pac and big is a dunce. These guys are supposed to be on the list. At least 70% of them pls.
Eminem is too cocky
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by dejahvu(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2007
2pac
lauryn hill
nas/biggie
xzibit
dr dre

i love west coast
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by point45(m): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2007
i wonder if some people know about the word"legendary" at all. why would any sane human being even mention jarule? with what criteria does he fit? anyway, for me its got 2 be
rakim
guru
tupac
common
talib
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by anasey(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2007
My chart goes like this,

1. 2pac
2. jay z
3. 50cent
4.Snoopy
5.ja rule
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by aigbeedo(m): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2013
sade511: Mine are:
Tupac
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Eminem
HYFR, dis is it d bxt list
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by crazygod(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Kk. I've been into rap music is I was in diaper (nappy) so allow me to categorise them in 2 groups.
FOR MALE RAPPERS
1. Rakim- this dude is the grand puber of modern rap.
2. 2pac- this dude made me fall in love with rap above all other music genres
3. Notorious Big- this dude made punchlines look damn easy
4. Eminem- this dude made rap battle both serious and fun
5. Drake- I jst have to put this dude on this list. He is in a class of his own.

FOR FEMALE RAPPERS
1. MC Lyte- the chick is d 1st female Mc. Damn she uses her diaphram to rap sef
2. Lil Kim- B.I.G protege. Watched the last hiphop award cypher and she's still got flow
3. Missy Elliot.- made rap fun. She's simply a genius
4. Lauryn hill- made me love the group (fugees)
5. Left eye- may she rest in piece. But she had an impeccable flow.

Now to mix dem up,
1. Rakim
2. MC Lyte
3. 2pac
4. BIGGIE
5. EMINEM
Jst my (professional opinion)
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
hahahaha! Half of the rappers everyone listed here are the worst rappers in the history of rap.

My best 5 are

1. Immortal Technique
2. Krs-One
3. R.A The Rugged Man
4. Pharoahe Monch
5. Diabolic

none of those rappers everyone listed come close to these rappers.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by kay29000(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
RSAMAN: hahahaha! Half of the rappers everyone listed here are the worst rappers in the history of rap.

My best 5 are

1. Immortal Technique
2. Krs-One
3. R.A The Rugged Man
4. Pharoahe Monch
5. Diabolic
That's your opinion, not fact.

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
That's not an opinion but a fact. Immortal technique's ''revolutionary vol.2'' pisses on every album 2pac ever released, ... Uhm and what other artists were listed here besides 2pac? ... Uhm... Ja rule, Nelly, Drake among others, are those even rappers? Like i said before, half of the artists listed here aren't even rappers. None of the artists listed here come close to those i listed and it's a fact, sad but true!
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by Tayexy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Why do you wanna homie
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by elektra80: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
RSAMAN: hahahaha! Half of the rappers everyone listed here are the worst rappers in the history of rap.

My best 5 are

1. Immortal Technique
2. Krs-One
3. R.A The Rugged Man
4. Pharoahe Monch
5. Diabolic

Wow... I can't believe there is at least one person here that understands the meaning of rap. Guy where did u come from? You even mentioned Pharoahe Monch and KRS one. ( I actually thought I'm the only person that knows Pharoahe Monch) Those are really great rappers. I can't believe people here are calling drake, 50 cent, lil' wayne etc. These are the people that are killing hip hop. For me I will add Nas and Methodman to ur list.

Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by elektra80: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2013

My best 5 are

1. Immortal Technique
2. Krs-One
3. R.A The Rugged Man
4. Pharoahe Monch
5. Diabolic

Wow... I can't believe there is at least one person here that understands the meaning of rap. Guy where did u come from? You even mentioned Pharoahe Monch and KRS one. ( I actually thought I'm the only person that knows Pharoahe Monch) Those are really great rappers. I can't believe people here are calling drake, 50 cent, lil' wayne etc. These are the people that are killing hip hop. For me I will add Nas and Methodman to ur list.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 10:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
elektra80:

Same happens to me, you're not alone, when i ask someone about pharoahe or krs people would give a stare like i just asked them a mathematical equation to launch a rockett to space. Wonderful addition, Nas and Methodman are great, a few people appreciate these rappers as talented as they are (criminally neglected) though, they rather listen to a song with a title like 'h.oes in the club' and they will regard it as gangsta. It's a shame lyrics don't play a significant role this days in rap with beats being the primary focus and they want to call that rap. Why do they call it rap when they don't rap to begin with? They can do their ''h.oes in the club'' party-like, candy-shop beats but atleast they shouldn't call it rap.
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by sEGXY2(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
top rappers of early 2000
2pac
Nas
Snoop godzilla
notorius BIG
50 cent
Top rappers of now
Eminem
Meek mill
Lil Wayne
Grand theft
Acehood
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by elektra80: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2013
RSAMAN:

Same happens to me, you're not alone, when i ask someone about pharoahe or krs people would give a stare like i just asked them a mathematical equation to launch a rockett to space. Wonderful addition, Nas and Methodman are great, a few people appreciate these rappers as talented as they are (criminally neglected) though, they rather listen to a song with a title like 'h.oes in the club' and they will regard it as gangsta. It's a shame lyrics don't play a significant role this days in rap with beats being the primary focus and they want to call that rap. Why do they call it rap when they don't rap to begin with? They can do their ''h.oes in the club'' party-like, candy-shop beats but atleast they shouldn't call it rap.

true things bro. People are quick to mention 2pac whenever they mention rap, as if 2pac is the creator of rap. Yes 2pac was good, but he became famous after he died, and the controversies surrounding his death is one of the things that really made him famous, not really his music. If we are talking modern rappers, i will still pick Kendrick Lamar and big Sean ahead of lil Wayne, drake, 50 cent etc. And why the hell is nobody mentioning rick ross?
Re: Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2013
Nobody mentions Nas.
Definitely a thread not worth killing one's self over.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download Naeto C's Tony Montana (bad Pass) Remix Video Feat. D’banj / Davido's Net Worth, Private Jet, House And Cars / Best Of Zinoleesky Compilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.