Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,296 members, 7,923,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

Reborn - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Reborn (936 Views)

Reborn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reborn by 40fied(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
REBORN
It's the birth of a new day
24 hours long
time to make things right
enough of doing wrong
yesterday's gone
gone with the wind
today's a happy song
the world hears me sing
so to everyone
who's been hurt by me
I pray thee, lower your gun
this is a new me
If I could go back in time
bring back yesterday
trust me, I'll press rewind
and change destiny

40fied.
Re: Reborn by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2012
40fied: REBORN
It's the birth of a new day
24 hours long
time to make things right
enough of doing wrong
yesterday's gone
gone with the wind
today's a happy song
the world hears me sing
so to everyone
who's been hurt by me
I pray thee, lower your gun
this is a new me
If I could go back in time
bring back yesterday
trust me, I'll press rewind
and change destiny

40fied.

Straightforward! The absence of nuances makes it less engaging though, at least that's what I think.
Re: Reborn by 40fied(m): 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
This was intentional my friend, besides, in Neo-Poetry, the absence of "nuances" is permissible. This is the new-age. Poetry is more soothing when the words sound like they could fit into a song.
Re: Reborn by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2012
40fied: This was intentional my friend, besides, in Neo-Poetry, the absence of "nuances" is permissible. This is the new-age. Poetry is more soothing when the words sound like they could fit into a song.

I'm sure it's permissible. I was considering the quality of forgetability. A poem that doesn't take in the depths is easy to forget. That's nice sometimes. In fact, I think that the best poetry are such as can be light and deep at the same time. But depth is what gives poetry its essence.

The new age might actually be in need of a new age lol

(1) (Reply)

Forsake Me Not / I See What I Can't See / Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.