Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,362 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:11 PM

MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us (14928 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by PrettyRita(f): 6:49am On Aug 30, 2012
Biafran flag: Police can’t stop us –MASSOB

The Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has condemned the Commissioner, Abia State Police Command, Ambrose Aisabor, over his recent comment about the group, saying he has no powers to stop them from operating.

Aisabor, had while addressing officers and men of Ndiegoro police division, during his maiden visit to the area, stated that no Nigerian law supported the existence of groups such as MASSOB and directed his men not to allow any member in any part of the state hoist Biafran flags or operate, as such was illegal.

However, the MASSOB Director of Information for Aba region, Sunny Okereafor, said the police commissioner had no powers to stop the activities of the organization in the state, including the hoisting of the flag.

While describing MASSOB as a non-violent group, which shouldn’t have been the major problem of the commissioner, Okereafor said that the flag is the symbol of the Igbo race, which the organization would continue to hoist not only in Abia State but in all Igbo territories.

He challenged Aisabor to channel his energy to fighting crimes such as kidnapping, child theft and trafficking, which he said are now assuming a higher proportion in Aba, the commercial hub of the state, and its environs.
Okereafor said it was unfortunate that it is only in Igboland where such directives were given, asking: “Have the police in the West stopped OPC from operating? Have they stopped Egbesu and other groups in the South-South from operating? Why MASSOB? “What’s this man up to?

“Aisabor is not the only police commissioner to have been posted to Abia State nor the only one in states where MASSOB exists, why is he giving directives that will not be in anybody’s interest?”

The MASSOB spokesman urged his members to remain calm in the face of the threat, advising them not to be intimidated into abandoning the cause for which many of them had paid the supreme price and which he said was the last hope of the Igbo man.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/hoisting-of-biafran-flag-police-cant-stop-us-massob/

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by killuminati(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2012
Ndigbo people, una no dey hia word at all! I don talk my own sh...

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2012
MASSOB shouldn't compare itself with OPC cos their ideology differs a lot. OPC isn't creating or hoisting any flag which will or might potray a divided NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Callotti: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2012
How can we stop you, when Okonjo-Iweala is using 'NIGERIAN' currency to feed y'awl? grin
Igbo is now a race? shocked
Wonders!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Idokojimmy: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2012
Nigeria will stop anything that tries to dislocate this unity. MASSOB take note
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by badlucky: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2012
Stubborn MASSOB, always daring security agencies. Make war no start agin o! I no get where to run to

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Henchocho: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2012
[quote ayoruba guy always a cowarduthor=badlucky]Stubborn MASSOB, always daring security agencies. Make war no start agin o! I no get where to run to
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by PaulJohn1: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2012
ULSHERLAN: MASSOB shouldn't compare itself with OPC cos their ideology differs a lot. OPC isn't creating or hoisting any flag which will or might potray a divided NIGERIA

I'm surprised at the comparism too. I've been to all Western states and I've not come across any regional flag. They shouuldn't compare theirs with OPC. If OPC is also causing trouble, the police here would challenged them.
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by PaulJohn1: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2012
And who told them they didn't challenge groups like them in the south? Haven't the police battled with the MEND before? Or are the police not looking for that guy that declared Ogoni independence? They better get their acts together, and prevent unnecessary death. We can't afford to loose any life lipsrsealed
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Olanlere11: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Just ranting, tear Gas will make them scamper for safety
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Olanlere11: Just ranting, tear Gas will make them scamper for safety
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by ifihearam: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
igbos are jokers
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by free2ryhme: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ibo man wey like im life pass anything
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Areaboy2(m): 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
badlucky: Stubborn MASSOB, always daring security agencies. Make war no start agin o! I no get where to run to

HAHAHAHAHAHA you just made my day grin
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by bittyend(m): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
The sabre-rattling from both sides is boring.

Get busy and depopulate faster. If Nigeria needs another civil war, to get it right; I'm definitely in support of it.

It's high time we got it right. cool

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by geeez: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
They will soon hoist a white flag with their coward tails between their legs
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by acidtalk: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
For Nigeria NA ONLY OPC DEY FEAR POLICE.

This Massob, Biafra, Arewa, Egbesu and the remaining boys no dey look police face.

IG roger that to your boys.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by PointB: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why is it that it's mainly Yoruba posters who are having wet dreams on this topic. Joblessness, dread, or what?
Na wa o! grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
badlucky: Stubborn MASSOB, always daring security agencies. Make war no start agin o! I no get where to run to
get a visa to libya grin
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Cotonu no dey? Na mke dem giv me gun remain!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by DANILSA(m): 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
my brother pls come to Borno and stay with me, I will happily accommodate you or go join my friend in Syria, Email me for address.gringringrin
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
DANILSA: my brother pls come to Borno and stay with me, I will happily accommodate you. Email me for address.gringringrin
frypan to fire? grin i laugh in boko lipsrsealed
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by PBeni(m): 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
PointB: Why is it that it's mainly Yoruba posters who are having wet dreams on this topic. Joblessness, dread, or what?
Na wa o! grin grin grin grin

My brother, I tire o
Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Castos(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
I've been reading through all those anti Igbo comments. Igbo's are fearless, know it today that we hold onto our decissions. MASSOB is ready for anything, not like those cawords-OPC. Yoruba will always remain the least of the three whether they make noise or not. Yorubas what do you know? What can you do? Always making noise with both legs on the air waiting for a fatal fall. Let me not mention North for now, cus they don't make too much noise like that olodo ethnic. Learn to respect the SE cus we hold this nation!

11 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by klax(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
MASSOB guyz biko this is not a solution to our problem this may result to a charge of treason and felony and its a very serious offence under the law of the country.

And has MOSSOB clean up their home well and pull every Igbo along before trying what they are trying to do? Is this action a concensus of entire Igbo people? HHmmmm MASSOB biko bros be very sure of what you want to do before is too late, we can make mouth all days, all years but when the reality come into play would those that matter in Igbo land come out and say we support you? A lesson from Biafra again oooooooooo ooooooo no one should take this personal its an advise for MASSOB.

The actualisation of this dream can not be a single handed matter it must be Igbo man thing but those who suppose to champion it are in Abuja scramppling for contract and political connection I see them everyday here, many are in US and Western world yelling support for this but eating fried chicken and Turkey in a clean city with all robust of life bros let do it rightly so that we can get it rightly one and for all orelse.............

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by Inyinese(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
whom ever comment against massob holy g o s t !!!.......

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by jango77(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
ULSHERLAN: MASSOB shouldn't compare itself with OPC cos their ideology differs a lot. OPC isn't creating or hoisting any flag which will or might potray a divided NIGERIA

Bro, is the so called Nigeria not divided? lets keep sentiments aside for the first time and be real...there has never been unity amongs us, so why dont we sit and make it easy for every part instead of sowin the seed of hatred in our gardenz...

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by jango77(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
ifihearam: igbos are jokers

then u re a confused clown!!!

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by ebamma(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
if massob members dont
want to be used for target
practise by the nigerian
army the should desist
from hoisting any flag or
flags,have the forgotten
so soon that their mentor
Ojukwu tried before them
but couldn't suceed and
ran away to ivory coast to
avoid our bullets
signed by......colonel
Ebamma(second in
command to Gowon
during Biafra Nigeria war)

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by bonna4u(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hopeless touts! Instead of channelling your energies towards fighting that arsehole called T.A that has turned our Abia State into a pithole, you are here challenging the police for daring to stop you from hoisting flags. What will the average Abia citizen gain from your hopeless antipated acts? Nothing but chaos.
Thus use your sense massob or whatever you call yourself.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by klax(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ Casto Quote"I've been reading through all those anti Igbo comments. Igbo's are fearless, know it today that we hold onto our decissions. MASSOB is ready for anything, not like those cawords-OPC. Yoruba will always remain the least of the three whether they make noise or not. Yorubas what do you know? What can you do? Always making noise with both legs on the air waiting for a fatal fall. Let me not mention North for now, cus they don't make too much noise like that olodo ethnic. Learn to respect the SE cus we hold this nation!

Hmmmmmm....... bros slow down biko, so you called the Yoruba the least?? Bros they are least and they can rule Nigeria for 12 twelve and we havent for once got the slightest chance and they are least? Sorry bros dont be offended I seems I dont get you right.

Do you realised the tribe called Yoruba are the only tribe in Nigeria among the remaining tribes that consider us as human, consider us as part of Nigeria how I wish you could sit where the Northern elite sit and discuss Nigeria matter you will be shock what they think we Igbo are I know what i'm saying very well. All I'm saying is MASSOB should plan and think well before doing this that is all if anyone say i'm saying jargons well fine by me but let them go ahead and let see what will happen. God bless.

12 Likes

Re: MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us by bonna4u(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
Inyinese: whom ever comment against massob holy g o s t !!!.......
what rubbish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Civil Servants To Work On Saturdays- Fashola / You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion / Court Refuses To Order Diezani’s Arrest, Demands Agf’s Extradition Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.