Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,867 members, 7,973,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:01 AM

Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) (7198 Views)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me / Tribute To My Dear Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 04, 2012
Look at this chimpanzee called OP. I replied based on your post and you are here acting as if your Nyash is on fire. Ode why didn't you give The whole information you gave in your last post? You made it look like she was pounced on and still sitting in the house asking us what to do

Otondo
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by armyofone(m): 3:02am On Sep 04, 2012
interesting ummmm

getting abused (slap, pinches, blow, star studded slap) etc in nigeria setting i can oh well.
but getting the same in obodo oyinbo and still continue to play the good ol' wifey puzzles me.

always call the cops for a violent person. it helps bring their head down/get them humbled and programmed.

OP, i hope your friend knows how to dial the cops number on her cell if the house phone is far off grin.

african women should get more crash courses plus classes on how to deal with african guy 101 while oversea etc doesn't matter if he is a doctor or cleaner.

i mean the oyinbo police are your friend why wait?.
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Kobojunkie: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: OK we have slept over it and tempers are now a little dampened, so what is the way forward?
A lot of people were implying that this woman was always being abused and was probably too scared to call the police, even though oyarose clearly said "the unthinkable happened" which suggests that it is a one off incident and out of character. I also looked at the fact that this lady was in the choir, so she had a ready made family in the church and unless the pastor and all the elders in the church all beat their wives too, she would have had a lot of people she could have gone to report the matter to if she was too scared to call the police.

Age . . .smage . . who are the "alot of people", you are referring to? I don't recall anyone suggesting that this was not the first time the man had laid hands on her. I did mention that she may not have called the cops out of fear. Here is a good piece on how that works.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/24/women-domestic-violence

And true to it, her friend(@oyase .. . ) sort of confirmed that . . she feared her husband would loose his job and so did not call. Once an individual lays hands on another individual to inflict harm, an offense has been committed. Like I said, it does NOT matter whether it is the first, or the umpteenth time she has gotten a beaten from this man, what matters is that this man laid hands on her(an offense) and so should be reported to the authorities to prevent it from happening again. Please go back and read what was posted.

chaircover:
Just 2 weeks ago someone came crying to us that her boyfriend slapped her. We called the boyfriend and asked him what happened, only for him to say that they were having a verbal argument and he went to make himself a cup of tea but before he knew it, she in anger threw the hot tea at him. He jumped back but some of the tea burnt him. He showed us the burns and in his anger he slapped her once. What do you say to that? I am not saying that the poster provoked her husband, but I am just iterating the fact that many times there is more to the story.

Again, hot tea intentionally pured on a human being . . . <-- offense
Slap <--- offense

No matter how much more to the story you feel there is, one a human being crosses over the boundary and causes/inflicts harm on another, it is an offence and should be reported to the right authorities to, again, prevent it from happening again. I know a lot of folks like to pretend they are wise and can deal with it all in their own traditional ways but the reason we have laws is for our own protection. if a girlfriend pours hot coffee on you in anger, she might do worse if you make her angry on another occasion. If a boyfriend slaps you for making him angry, he might do worse another day.

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Kobojunkie: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: Kobo Yes You and a couple of other people implied that it may well be because of her fear as an abused person that stopped her from reporting to the police. You are now saying she is in fear for her husbands job. That is a totally different thing.

Again, most women DO NOT report abuse out of fear. Fear of anything it could be or that they are emotionally battered. There are tons of resources online if you honestly want to learn of what is going on around you.
Now in this case, the woman claims (again I didn't say this, @Oyarose did) that she was afraid that her husband might loose his job , ok. She has an excuse but I am not her psychiatrist so I cannot diagnose her story from here, especially since the story is being told us here by a third party, if there was more to it.

It does not take 2 or 3 beatings to batter a woman. Just the first time alone is enough to shake any person up. And the shock is worse when it comes from a loved one you never expected it from. That is usually how it starts for many women. They are shocked, and afraid that any word from them might provoke more beatingd and so cower in fear.

Also(hint), abuse does not always come in the form of beatings. There are many who are mentally abused on a regular basis by loved ones, who don't even realise it is a form of abuse.
chaircover:
You are also again now saying that she should have reported to the police no matter what. Do you people just argue for the sake of it or you want to show off your language skills or what?

My tea example was to further iterate that not all stories we hear are the whole truth and nothing but the truth. BTW the tea incident happened in Lagos so please advise on which authority they should have both dragged themselves to.

I think you don't read at all. Go back to page 0 of this thread and read the first response to this post.

I read your tea example and I explained again . . . no matter what, if you raise your hand against another person you commit an offense, and that is also by Nigerian law. It is an offense to raise your hand against another individual, even in Nigeria. That the country does not work as it should not mean the laws are void. No, the law still stands. You ask me which authority they should have both dragged themselves to, and I ask you which authority I should drag the man who I caught robbing my house in Nigeria, the other day, to?

And maybe you do not understand why we have laws and law enforcement agencies, but the reason is for our protection. In the west where it works better, If you know a man who is an offender, and report him, you are not only letting the authorities know of his criminal ways, you are also protecting other people this person may come in contact with in the future.

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Kobojunkie: 8:12am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: I give up; you are just going round in circles and some of your arguments on this forum are just lipsrsealed cos I Dont know how many times I will say that the tea example was to iterate that one doesnt always get the whole story first time round but you keep on harping on offense.

WRONG!!! Your analysis of your tea example is what you have above. I, however, do not agree with YOUR ANALYSIS of the TEA example, because as I have said from the beginning, an offense is an offense the victim should endeavor to report it!! Kapish?? undecided undecided undecided undecided
chaircover:
BTW do you go round liking your own posts or something cos I just noticed that the moment you post a like suddenly appears grin

Anyway Ive said my piece & other things are calling for my attention, but as you Kobo must have the last word in every argument, please feel free to be my guest.

Argh . . I see . . another childish individual who rather than debate issues goes to attack those who oppose 'em in order to score brownie points . . . . . goodluck!!

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by ifyalways(f): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2012
CC,do we select threads where we wait for other side of the story,more information from the OP before passing judgement giving our own little advice?

Most of the points you raised are all fair except the "inform your pastor" part.We all honestly know how that is going to end?The wife would go home with all the blames for pushing the husband to sin.

Acoording to the OP,he came home,was waiting for his dinner and minding the baby while at it before the baby dropped etal.How could he have dozed off ,was preparing to have dinner too when he's was angry. One would have expected him to just go to bed or hit the gym and punch away his stress as opposed to coming home to sleep and punch the wife. So he was angry and yet have mouth to eat?A sane man would have told the wife the moment he walks in that he had a bad day,yes?

Anyhoo,I find this thread amusing and fake to say the least.An educated lady in Jand does not know how to effectively handle a husband that drops their child and panel beats her cos the Queen peed in his tea at the office? undecided BS

how many more times would he transfer his aggression on her before she'll do something?

chaircover: OK we have slept over it and tempers are now a little dampened, so what is the way forward?

This is what I think based on the 2 issues raised; the existing wifey and the beating

Existing wifey; which I am going to talk about first since this seems to be the wahala (although poster the sequence of events you narrated concerning the phone and the baby doenst seem to have anything to do with the other wife.)

1. The man needs to go back to Nigeria (if he has papers) and close that chapter. He needs to get his family to go to the girls family and apologize to them and sort things out. What he did to that girl was unacceptable and only if the girl knew that she was banned from the UK for 10 years and didn't tell him that his conscience free. If he knew that the girl was having existing issues with the embassy and he still married her traditionally, then he owes it to her to see her though. If he knows that he cant wait, which he hasn't as he has now married someone else, then they need to go and beg that girl and her family and if possible give her a token with the apology.

This is Nigeria and not all families take this kind of thing with kid gloves and his strange behavior now may be as a result of the girls family pushing buttons. I wont say more than that. People that understand what I am getting at know what I mean.

2. The man needs to call his UK wife and open up and tell her EVERYTHING including the details that he thinks are not important, so that he and his wife can move on. He needs to ask for his wifes forgiveness and he needs to also apologize and explain to the wifes immediate family what happened.

The Beating;
Its happened and we cant turn back the hands of time and although he has escaped the police this time. I will still report him to his church pastor and other elders that he respects in the church that he attends. He is a church worker and so they shouldnt take it lightly.
I will also report him to my family and the men in my family will get up and give him a severe warning. I will also report him to his own parents so that they can warn him never to do this again. At least he cant say that he doesn't know what to expect the next time he tries something like this. Let him know in no uncertain terms that if he lays the smallest finger on you, the police will be at your door in no time.

Once you have done all this, and he is truly remorseful, then go back to your home but I beg you please please please keep that baby safe from sny pounding or falling down. If you know that you are not ready to have or care for a baby as responsible parents, then please give that baby up to Social services.
I am sure both husband and wife know that had social services been informed about what happened to that baby, the baby would have been taken away from you both and you are both just very lucky.

Now to everyone else . . . . It helps one not to jump up when one hears one side or the first half of the story but to keep a listening ear for part 2 or the other side of the story. It also helps to read between the lines of what people say.

A lot of people were implying that this woman was always being abused and was probably too scared to call the police, even though oyarose clearly said "the unthinkable happened" which suggests that it is a one off incident and out of character. I also looked at the fact that this lady was in the choir, so she had a ready made family in the church and unless the pastor and all the elders in the church all beat their wives too, she would have had a lot of people she could have gone to report the matter to if she was too scared to call the police.

Just 2 weeks ago someone came crying to us that her boyfriend slapped her. We called the boyfriend and asked him what happened, only for him to say that they were having a verbal argument and he went to make himself a cup of tea but before he knew it, she in anger threw the hot tea at him. He jumped back but some of the tea burnt him. He showed us the burns and in his anger he slapped her once. What do you say to that? I am not saying that the poster provoked her husband, but I am just iterating the fact that many times there is more to the story.
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2012
Let's all remember that we all have our opinions and we are all entitled to them.
We musn't all agree,neither should anyone speak for others or try to force their opinions down others throats.
Why can't we all just state our opinions,advise the OP and move on?Must we start debate sef?Why bother to dissect another persons view?
The OP will read and pick the one that best suits him/her eh...
It happens in all sections of nairaland,dunno y.i'm even guilty but reforming.
Just my observation .

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by debosky(m): 9:22am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: A lot of people were implying that this woman was always being abused and was probably too scared to call the police, even though oyarose clearly said "the unthinkable happened" which suggests that it is a one off incident and out of character.

What is clear is that you know very little about the psychology of abuse/fear. Does something have to happen repeatedly before you develop a fear of that incident occurring? Whether it be once or a dozen times, she could well have been afraid and could still be afraid of the man beating her.

Even if she said it's because of his job, how many times have we heard this type of 'rationalising' in abusive relationships? I'll stay because I want my kids to know their father, I'll stay because I don't want to hurt him back, he needs me, etc. Abused women make all sort of excuses and allowances for their abusers. It doesn't mean fear did not play a part in her decision.

I also looked at the fact that this lady was in the choir, so she had a ready made family in the church and unless the pastor and all the elders in the church all beat their wives too, she would have had a lot of people she could have gone to report the matter to if she was too scared to call the police.

Again, you show how little you know about people who have been abused. You think it's that easy to go and tell your business to people outside your home? That's why she confided in a close friend; who knows if all those people in the church would 'defend' their 'brother' and and claim she must have 'provoked' him? Is that not what happens in Nigeria with people taking the man's side? Abegi!

As for a second side, I don't need to hear any more sides to a story for abuse to be reprehensible and worthy of him being locked up. The other side in this case makes the abuse even more reprehensible - the man not only beat up his wife and kid but showed reckless disregard for the child's welfare.

Don't bring in irrelevant examples involving two people doing harm to each other to a case where a man lets his own child roll off the bed and further beats up his wife and the kid for being upset at that. There is no excuse and absolutely no justification whatsoever for his behaviour; whether it be one off/out of character or persistent is totally irrelevant. Again I don't say you are tolerating/justifying abuse, but your example is just completely out of line.

I agree more or less with your advice, but in addition, he needs to go and do something about his anger issues - he should undergo a psychological evaluation to get to the root of it before she moves back in with him. Simple 'remorse' isn't sufficient if there is an underlying issue causing this type of angry reaction.

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2012
after reading the clarification post of the OP, here is what i think:
- FIRST OF ALL, what her husband did (falling asleep and let the baby fall off the bed) is COMPLETELY NORMAL, unless you people never made an honest mistake!!!! the problem here is that many ladies are home all day and actually believe that their hubby are relaxing at work, while these guys are even MORE busy than them. so when such person comes back home and have 1minute for himself to relax, he gets knocked out and falls asleep. he tried his best to help the OP by saying that he will care for the child but his BODY thought otherwise. he CANNOT really be blamed for what happened to the child......it is an honest mistake, especially when we all know the type of crazy shifts some doctors do in busy hospitals.

- SECOND, the wife ran to the room, picked up the baby and started crying......so the husband wakes up from his daze, sees mama+baby crying on the side of the bed. what else but a HISS and GOING BACK TO BED can he do? as he probably doesnt know what happened since he was sleeping (and the lady isnt saying anything). so again, i dont see where he did anything wrong up to this point. he made an honest mistake of falling asleep, and i am sure he CANNOT/SHOULDNT be crucified for that!

- THIRD, the wife's reaction is the reason why we men believe we are a different species all together. the child fell down, the lady is hysterical and starts crying.....FINE....... but what the fukc did she had to break his phone for?! what was the aim of that gesture, if not to get back at this man? to get him mad, to hurt him, to piss him off....... lol! so now she woke the "Hulk" in him, and she is now mad because of his reaction, which is entirely HER FAULT. let us all remember that nothing was said during that time.

- FOURTH, this "leave him better, leave him battered" stuff is BS. the only reason the OP doesnt report the crime is because she bloody well knows that the day she does, will probably be the end of her marriage......and we all know how the majority of 9ja women see divorce as a failure.

- LAST, she is even lucky the guy is begging her, as i certainly believe they are BOTH TO BE BLAMED for what happened.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2012
^^^^THE BIGGEST BULLSH*T I'VE EVER READ ON NL

CONGRATULATIONS!!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 9:57am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: There is a lot of analysis on what should or shouldn’t have happened, why this happened etc

What is the way forward? Does she still go to the police? Does she get a divorce? Does she seek counselling? Debo has said he shoudld go for a pychological analysis?.

What is the next step my people?

chaircover, i do not often do this to people but i think you are the most balanced married woman on this forum and you are always on point with your advice. i agree with you 100% that there's always more to the story especially where it concerns the nigerian women - they are excellent story tellers and the aim is to demonise the man and angelise themselves!

having said that, i am also aware there are plenty of debased nigerian men who are just brutes which means each case should be carefully looked into. the people asking the wife to call the cops on her husband are unmarried, divorcees, fantasists or clueless gnomes who do not know domestic abuse is such a complex problem to deal with!

i am wondering how many of them called the cops when they had altercations with their siblings at home. that my big sister slapped me hard in an argument means she doesn't love me and she ought to be locked up? should that singular moment of blood rush undo years of love and affection? do people even know the immigration status of the persons involved before shouting "call the cops, call the cops"??

chaircover, stop trying to convince people who are bent in showcasing their newly acquired political-correctness by the virtue of staying abroad. if my husband pinches me, he must go to prison and i would continue my marriage in his absence - its so convenient!
how many of these simpletons disowned their siblings because of the handbags/fisticuffs they had back in the days? bunch of hypocritical fuckwits!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by ifyalways(f): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2012
MBJ, so let's even throw away the scenario here(wife was getting your dinner and you were minding the baby) and say you suddenly woke from sleep to see your wife crying and your baby wailing, your (reflex) reaction would be "hiss and go back to sleep" ? Wonderful!

CC, the next and only step now is the solely lying on the wife's shoulders. She's the one married and living with the man, she's the one on the receiving end of the slaps and kisses so whatever she decides, she would live with it. We've all made beautiful contributions, btw.
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: There is a lot of analysis on what should or shouldn’t have happened, why this happened etc

What is the way forward? Does she still go to the police? Does she get a divorce? Does she seek counselling? Debo has said he shoudld go for a pychological analysis?.

What is the next step my people?

the two of them should involve their parents - get them to sit on a round table and thrash out their issues. blames should be apportioned to the deserved parties. kiss and make up and live happily ever after. a moment of madness should not undo years of happiness. there's now a child involved and that's the single most important issue in this matter! another child growing up in a broken home is detrimental to our society!
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2012
ifyalways: MBJ, so let's even throw away the scenario here(wife was getting your dinner and you were minding the baby) and say you suddenly woke from sleep to see your wife crying and your baby wailing, your (reflex) reaction would be "hiss and go back to sleep" ? Wonderful!

if it was an EMERGENCY, then the wife would have woken her husband up (or is that not what people do during emergencies?!). so the crying finally woke the hubby up, but he is so damn tired and pissed that they woke him up that he hissed, turn around and went back to sleep.....which is a NORMAL REACTION since there is no emergencies (none that he is aware of anyway), and this is probably what i would have done myself (unless i was a mind reader, of course!).

actually, what I (MBJ) would have done is ask her why the hell is she crying for, then when she would have explained the matter to me, i would have THEN hissed and turn around to go back to sleep, (since the baby is in her hand now being comforted, there would be not much else i could do)

again, you women are a rare breed...... A) if the hubby did anything wrong, shouldnt she wake him up and let him know? B) what does crying with the baby is going to solve?
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if it was an EMERGENCY, then the wife would have woken her husband up (or is that not what people do during emergencies?!). so the crying finally woke the hubby up, but he is so damn tired and pissed that they woke him up that he hissed, turn around and went back to sleep.....which is a NORMAL REACTION since there is no emergencies (none that he is aware of anyway), and this is probably what i would have done myself (unless i was a mind reader, of course!).

actually, what I (MBJ) would have done is ask her why the hell is she crying for, then when she would have explained the matter to me, i would have THEN hissed and turn around to go back to sleep, (since the baby is in her hand now being comforted, there would be not much else i could do)

again, you women are a rare breed...... A) if the hubby did anything wrong, shouldnt she wake him up and let him know? B) what does crying with the baby is going to solve?

husband was at fault that the baby rolled off the bed though - that's negligence!!! he's an adult, i don't care if he toils the ground 36 hours a day, there's no justification for falling asleep when he knew he had to watch over his own baby. he should have told his wife he's tired and would be sleeping soon. that baby could have done serious damage to the head.......at the same time, the wife igniting the situation by smashing his phone is idiotic!
the two of them are at fault - they should work a way around it and make up.......
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2012
^^^bro coogar, as i said the husband made TWO honest mistakes: ONE was to fall asleep with the baby in his care and TWO was to try to help wifey when he was not ready and able to do so (i guess he knows how they like to nag if you dont, lol).

i can certainly understand why he fell asleep, if he made the "honest" mistake (again) to sit in a nice and comfy sofa, while caring for the child.

NOW, the important question IS: should that be a reason to pounce on a person's phone?! what if that phone is used to contact the doctor for emergencies at work?

but then again, you said exactly what i said earlier....they are BOTH TO BE BLAMED.
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^bro coogar, as i said the husband made TWO honest mistakes: ONE was to fall asleep with the baby in his care and TWO was to try to help wifey when he was not ready and able to do so (i guess he knows how they like to nag if you dont, lol). i can certainly understand why he fell asleep, if he made the "honest" mistake (again) to sit in a nice and comfy sofa, while caring for the child.

honest/dishonest mistake was made: a mistake is still a mistake, moreso when a child is involved.

NOW, the important question IS: should that be a reason to pounce on a person's phone?! what if that phone is used to contact the doctor for emergencies at work?
but then again, you said exactly what i said earlier....they are BOTH TO BE BLAMED.

it's no reason for her to smash his phone - i particularly detest destructive women. if she's so angry, why didn't she smash her own phone? what has the phone gotta do with what happened? it's not like the husband was busy chatting away as the child fell from the bed? some women just love to provoke and when shyte hits the fan, they scream marital abuse!

of course, both of them are @ fault!
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2012
^^^ we all do such honest mistakes......have you never fallen asleep at the wheel of a car (thinking that you were ok)? i have many times.
have you never started cooking something and then forgot that the stuff was on, almost burning the whole damn house? i have.
so long as this is not something that is done every other day, then we should all take that as an honest mistake......unfortunate, but not intentional.

actually the breaking of the phone is not really what would get me off, its the CRYING for no damn reason that would get to me. what would the crying solve exactly?! ladies pls care to share/explain that action to us all?
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ we all do such honest mistakes......have you never fallen asleep at the wheel of a car (thinking that you were ok)? i have many times.
have you never started cooking something and then forgot that the stuff was on, almost burning the whole damn house? i have.
so long as this is not something that is done every other day, then we should all take that as an honest mistake......unfortunate, but not intentional.

i know about honest mistakes but don't fall asleep while driving and hit someone's child on the curb! you would need an act of God to convince the presiding judge to believe the mistake was honest! you call it a honest mistake, i call it criminal negligence. the husband knew he was tired and should have foreseen the risk of watching over a child while tired!

actually the breaking of the phone is not really what would get me off, its the CRYING for no damn reason that would get to me. what would the crying solve exactly?! ladies pls care to share/explain that action to us all?

shushhhhhhhh, mr brownjay!
don't you know women are emotional beings? ruled by their oestrogen? the only set of people that can set bombs to the empire state building and blame it on their PMS? women are allowed to cry in the face of emergency.....they have the right to do nothing but cry cry cry and the tears would wipe away the danger!!!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by debosky(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2012
MBJ you're way out of line.

Even if the crying 'gets' to you, is the solution to start beating your wife while she carries your child? Or has the human practice of asking 'why are you crying' now obsolete?

Any normal man (even if exhausted to the point of death) seeing his wife crying while holding his child will be worried something bad has happened and will be agitated to find out why the wife is crying. They do not resort to panel beating the wife and baby because of a stup!d phone or because she's crying.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2012
debosky: MBJ you're way out of line.
Even if the crying 'gets' to you, is the solution to start beating your wife while she carries your child? Or has the human practice of asking 'why are you crying' now obsolete?

maybe she has the habit of always crying while holding the child even when nothing has happened....the big man saw this and just felt "jeeez, she's started again" and then turned the other way!

Any normal man (even if exhausted to the point of death) seeing his wife crying while holding his child will be worried something bad has happened and will be agitated to find out why the wife is crying. They do not resort to panel beating the wife and baby because of a stup!d phone or because she's crying.

not if the woman had cried wolf plenty of times in the past!
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by debosky(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2012
coogar:

maybe she has the habit of always crying while holding the child even when nothing has happened....the big man saw this and just felt "jeeez, she's started again" and then turned the other way!

Of course! She's a serial phone smasher as well and the only way to get her to 'behave' is to panel beat her.

not if the woman had cried wolf plenty of times in the past!

Crying wolf makes it OK to batter your wife and child over a phone. I couldn't have said it better.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by obowunmi(m): 11:31am On Sep 04, 2012
chaircover: I give up; you are just going round in circles and some of your arguments on this forum are just lipsrsealed cos I Dont know how many times I will say that the tea example was to iterate that one doesnt always get the whole story first time round but you keep on harping on offense.

BTW do you go round liking your own posts or something cos I just noticed that the moment you post a like suddenly appears grin

Anyway Ive said my piece & other things are calling for my attention, but as you Kobo must have the last word in every argument, please feel free to be my guest.

Hehehehe....only a fool argues with Kobo. Btw, Kobo logs in with another NL ID and indeed likes HIS own posts. Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed it. LooooooooL

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2012
@Debosky
how can i be out of line if i only mention that i dont understand women crying for no damn reason?! pls dont misunderstand my post......i never said that beating the wifey was ok, or that anyone should be beaten if the do......focus on the fact that i put the blame on BOTH of them. i just mentionned the crying as something that I (MBJ) certainly dont understand. also, the beating by her husband was a result of her breaking the phone, NOT the crying.

i guess i aint normal then because if she doesnt wake me up then i would just assume that it is another one of her "crying for no damn reason" issues, and go right back to sleep.

coogar:
i know about honest mistakes but don't fall asleep while driving and hit someone's child on the curb! you would need an act of God to convince the presiding judge to believe the mistake was honest! you call it a honest mistake, i call it criminal negligence. the husband knew he was tired and should have foreseen the risk of watching over a child while tired!

you are right about that, but we all know how these women will use that against us if we dont. have you ever been able to tell one of them that you couldnt/shouldnt do something because you were dead tired?! they wouldnt understand, and FURTHERMORE will tell you that THEY are tired too but still manage to do the work.

now i know that if you kill someone while falling asleep at the wheel, it will get you in serious trouble.....but the mistake (although pricey) is still an honest one, especially if you wanted to help someone.

shushhhhhhhh, mr brownjay!
don't you know women are emotional beings? ruled by their oestrogen? the only set of people that can set bombs to the empire state building and blame it on their PMS? women are allowed to cry in the face of emergency.....they have the right to do nothing but cry cry cry and the tears would wipe away the danger!!!

lol, i guess thats why they are all suddenly quiet on this thread.
Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2012
obowunmi:

Hehehehe....only a fool argues with Kobo. Btw, Kobo logs in with another NL ID and indeed likes HIS own posts. Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed it. LooooooooL
I was d one that liked his post.......really, u grown parents in this family section are immature than most teenagers i know, smh!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help For A Dear Friend! (WIFE BEATER!) by coogar: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2012
debosky:
Of course! She's a serial phone smasher as well and the only way to get her to 'behave' is to panel beat her.

are you reading with one eye? i said maybe the woman is in the habit of always crying even when nothing serious has happened. emotional meltdown or whatever women call those moments! husband was very tired, probably half-awake, not fully conscious of what's happening and then turned the other way!

Crying wolf makes it OK to batter your wife and child over a phone. I couldn't have said it better.

destructive attitude does....the phone had nothing to do with! the woman crossed the line by provoking her husband! nothing can excuse that!

Shollypopz:
I was d one that liked his post.......really, u grown parents in this family section are immature than most teenagers i know, smh!

you were the one that liked her comment twice?
i am not sure kobojunkie likes her own comment - she can be idiotic but she's not insecure. tpia, on the other hand, likes her comment without shame!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How This Baby Eats Bread While Sucking Breast Is Amazing! / I Used The Vaginal Fluid Of The 138 Girls I Had Sex With For Rituals Man / Her Mother Inlaw Scolds Her... Pls Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.