Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,161 members, 7,910,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:41 PM

Are Jobs Really Scarce? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are Jobs Really Scarce? (767 Views)

How Genuine Are Jobs In JIJI / How Genuine Are Jobs On OLX / Lets Solve This Unemployment Problem: There Are Jobs Everyhere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Jobs Really Scarce? by eolutosin(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
Despite the amount of information available within our finger-tips, jobs still seem to be scarce or rather it seems jobs are for the selected few… Why is it that those we term “the selected few” are the ones getting the jobs all time? Do they have two heads? I have heard people even say that it not possible for you to get a job without knowing anybody. The “oga” of a friend who is working in one of the first generation bank even challenged her to say the name of the person who helped her to get the bank’s job. Imagine? The “oga” himself could not believe that someone could get employment in their bank without know anybody.

I am sorry to disappoint you if belong to this same school of thought. I did get my current job without knowing anybody. I am sure so many others have been able to get jobs without knowing somebody in the organisation they work for. They must definitely be doing something right.

I still remember a friend who changed her jobs like 4 times within a year while some others have not been able to secure one. Each time she wanted to change job, something always came her way that made the whole process looked ordinary.

If you fall within the “some others” that have not been able to secure a job or you are currently job-hunting, why do you think you have not gotten a job? Share your experience, If you have a job, let us hear how you have been to do it.

Meanwhile, I would be doing a series at http://www.eolutosin.com how you can secure the job of your dreams. All the best in your search.

(1) (Reply)

Engineers And Bank Job, Embarrassment? / Vacancy:senior Marketing And Sales Manager / Afribank Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.