Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,419 members, 7,904,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up (11566 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Punishment You Hated As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 26, 2013
Nah, Im Juss Bullshytting, I hated Cleaning the Toilet. undecided
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by seunbballo(m): 2:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Cutting the Stalk of Vegetables called Efo Shokor and Gbure!!

Washing the Big Giant Rug, but dusting it by hitting with hammer, stick for the desert sandy storm to fill our heads out ist.(God knows how i didn't get Asthma)

Repeated Errands: U back from going to buy kerosene, go and fetch water- u get back, visitors are around - go and buy minerals and so on lool

Big uncles bullying u to do things for the, wash my car while looking at u from d balcony drinking beer with mates while u are feeling like a bigboy showing off to local gals sey u dey wash car, trust me sometimes i spend close 2hrs to valet those ugly car (datsun bluebird, toyota camry hatchback 1997 model)- Wat was i thinking? lool

I hated adult parties, engagements,ramadam in my compound , cos u will work as if you will get a chieftancy title afterwards.

My grandma used to split chores between me and all the househelps we ever got.....Good but i didn't like it, I used be like wats d househelp dere for. lmao

1 Like

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by chucky234(m): 2:33am On Mar 26, 2013
None, always excited to work and I still do.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by 40fied(m): 3:07am On Mar 26, 2013
all4naija: Doing my laundering!
Nairaland no go kill person.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by 40fied(m): 3:18am On Mar 26, 2013
[b][/b] Morning devotion
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by 40fied(m): 3:24am On Mar 26, 2013
faboben10: Kitchen activitics,
i detest it wt all passion,
how i wish i could help myself.
But my mumm really tried
ahn! ahn!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 26, 2013
mehn I worked like I donkey, but I now appreciate the skills I acquired back then especially my cooking skills.

I was the eldest in the House. Popsy would keep his shirts for me to wash every now and then.
Mumsy was a petty trader (Akara na'im she dey sell) so I always had to come back early from school, take stuff down to
our sales joint and then fry yams and potatoes until she showed up. cry

In addition, I would go back home and start preparing dinner since mumsy would always be at her sales joint at that time.

She also sold 'taliya' (home made Hausa-style spaghetti) at a secondary school every morning and I was in charge of making those every freaking evening! angry

I haven't even mentioned bathing my younger ones, cleaning the home, doing dishes... the list goes on.

Those days were the worst, but now I am an OGA AT THE TOP cool grin No more House chores as it's now my younger ones' turn.

4 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by romanlaw(m): 5:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Oh God! I hated washing the milk konkom (tin) we use to prepare moi-moi. Mehn that's the worst and if I do it grudgingly it will cut my skin.

2 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 26, 2013
Laurel28: I hated washin plate especially pot
I hate it d most, xpecialy ogbono/okra soup.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:11am On Mar 26, 2013
Washing dishes naa
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by dokunbam(m): 6:17am On Mar 26, 2013
Rukemi291: I hated cleaning the louvres. Damn, I still do.

I can do any other things ooo

hmmmm then i think i hate sweeping cos of dust, i hate dust
I like wash cloth but to iron is wahala
you when you are ironing and sweating because we use steam iron
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by dokunbam(m): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2013
ItsModella: I hated everything, from washing plates to cleaning the house....

lazy bone
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 26, 2013
Washing of plates. As people run away 4rm high tensions and bombs dis days, datz how i use to run away from plates back den.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by hotchee: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2013
packing dirt after sweeping!!!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Jesuspikin87(m): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2013
Ironing My Mum's clothes.....Skirt with plenty pleats and Starched Natives.
As for kitchen chores, my Sisters does all that.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Gent: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2013
washing louvres and ironing
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by matrixx(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2013
ironing.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Belva(f): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2013
The first chores i hated most was sweeping d house,cos den wen we were little who ever eats last sweeps d house and me i eat slowly and i always end up sweeping d palour everyday.Anoda one is hate is washing d toilet n ironing too.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by SmashingM(f): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2013
Ironing! Ironing!! Ironing!!!. I hate ironing
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Segunagagu(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2013
ekwah: mehn I worked like I donkey, but I now appreciate the skills I acquired back then especially my cooking skills.

I was the eldest in the House. Popsy would keep his shirts for me to wash every now and then.
Mumsy was a petty trader (Akara na'im she dey sell) so I always had to come back early from school, take stuff down to
our sales joint and then fry yams and potatoes until she showed up. cry

In addition, I would go back home and start preparing dinner since mumsy would always be at her sales joint at that time.

She also sold 'taliya' (home made Hausa-style spaghetti) at a secondary school every morning and I was in charge of making those every freaking evening! angry

I haven't even mentioned bathing my younger ones, cleaning the home, doing dishes... the list goes on.

Those days were the worst, but now I am an OGA AT THE TOP cool grin No more House chores as it's now my younger ones' turn.
Omo. And be boi..omo u lucky oooo..I go like make u my roommate or make we dey live together. I hate cooking. No worry I go buy all d food stuffs. Lolss
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by pure123: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2013
i can wash clothes for the whole street but spread on d line was my problem...........my brothers/sister would bring out their clothes saying, dont worry u jxt wash we will spread.......

3 Likes

Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by davades(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2013
Washing Mumsy and Popsy's cloth because they re bigger than mine...ah those days sha!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by MicroBox: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2013
I hate laundry and cooking up till date. But my advice is to force your kids to do that house chores they hate so that they can get used to it. I m presently working and earn 100+ thousand monthly but anytime i look back at my bank account as a single guy i m always close to tears because i go from one resturant,eatery and fast food joints to the other. I cant save enough just because i hate cooking and i can allow any of my girl friend to cook.
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by davades(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2013
Sweeping the floor in the night before sleeping
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by hussainahlami(f): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2013
YoungBrain:
washing of pepper/tomatoes with bare hands then grinding with stone
Ɣoϋ got it ryt, I hate dat chore!!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Never Did House Chores, I Had a Maid.

#SilverSpoon and a #Platinum Fork ma Niqqah.
for ur left mind! Shioor undecided
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Segunagagu(m): 10:31am On Mar 26, 2013
pure123: i can wash clothes for the whole street but spread on d line was my problem...........my brothers/sister would bring out their clothes saying, dont worry u jxt wash we will spread.......
Hahahhahahahahahhahah. This is weird!!!!!!!!
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by Segunagagu(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2013
MicroBox: I hate laundry and cooking up till date. But my advice is to force your kids to do that house chores they hate so that they can get used to it. I m presently working and earn 100+ thousand monthly but anytime i look back at my bank account as a single guy i m always close to tears because i go from one resturant,eatery and fast food joints to the other. I cant save enough just because i hate cooking and i can allow any of my girl friend to cook.
Damn!!! Are u serious. This is touching I fee ur pain..don't u have a good woman. I mean gf..I understand no good gals again. Sory
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by obi123: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2013
Greatken007: I CAN DO ALL THINGS AT HOME BT HATED IRONING MUMSY BLOUSE ESPECIALLY THE ONES WITH SHINING STUFF,EATING YAM WAS ANOTHER BIG JOB FOR ME

you get am , meeting blouse with all the beads in this world , just how do u start
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by obi123: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2013
dont you just hate , how if they are about to send you somewhere and you frown, they will now say , oh you are frowning? ,ok let me go myself then , una two go come dey drag the money or the object of the errand
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by stainlessify: 11:56am On Mar 26, 2013
Lolaabokoku: Washing the bathroom, toilet and gutter then we live in a face me i slap you apartment. It wasnt funny then cos i have no choice than using a short broom to scrub the army green spyrogera.. Nyama *goes out to vomit*

Lmaoooo
Re: House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up by stainlessify: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
MicroBox: I hate laundry and cooking up till date. But my advice is to force your kids to do that house chores they hate so that they can get used to it. I m presently working and earn 100+ thousand monthly but anytime i look back at my bank account as a single guy i m always close to tears because i go from one resturant,eatery and fast food joints to the other. I cant save enough just because i hate cooking and i can allow any of my girl friend to cook.

Eyaaaa, I guess u will b saying chores are gurls job den!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IBD Dende Biography: Wikipedia, Age, Profile, Family, Net Worth, State Of Origin / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.