Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,672 members, 7,878,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air (14803 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / BREAKING NEWS: FG Lifts Ban On Dana Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Ijebulogic(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2012
Have all bodies from Dana chash been released? All families compensated? All guilty parties sanctioned? These are the priorities in my mind.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by donbiri: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2012
I won't fly Dana Air even if dey give me a free ticket to U.K...I won't fly Dana Air even if dey give me a free ticket to U.K...I won't fly Dana Air even if dey give me a free ticket to U.K...
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Reptyle(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2012
Nice one. At least the airline's employees can get back to work.

Regaining their market share is another kettle of fish all together though. Would be interesting to see how they go about getting Nigerians to fly their airline though...
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Landcruiser: 7:54am On Sep 06, 2012
Trust indian Juju
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by opecis: 8:01am On Sep 06, 2012
hottprince: Dana Air should never be allowed to fly a kite again talkless of a plane.Ds is d work of bribery n connection.
i don't know why u have 2 criticise d president for lifting d ban? afterall commercial transporters by land are killing more travellers than airlines. Unbanning DANA does not force u to fly DANA. Atleast d president can collect bribery from them but cannot guarantee them passengers. grin
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by opecis: 8:07am On Sep 06, 2012
sambos994: Guys I have an idea: Don't fly it. Boycott it.

The won't make money and they'll go out of business, shut down, and that's the end of story.
i think that is d only way to carry out justice.Sorry that so many souls were lost but after d probe found nothing against d airline,justice demand their license be given back and passengers free to either fly wit them or not. i saw pple flying plane d next minute after d clash was reported,so also every one that pass an accident scene.we simply say'since na d KIRT MOTORS involved in d accident,I will rather b travelling With "SAFETY MOTORS"
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by psmile(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2012
I now hail jona,money dey yearn
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by vislabraye(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2012
I was shocked hearing this. After all the negligence of DANA they just get a tap on the wrist.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by ask4double(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2012
shadeltec: Trust Indians they know their way
You are absolutly right, thier operetions is purely based on bribery, coz they will always want to cut corners so as to maximize profit. ...BTW... They say things like every nigerian has a "price tag" from the president....down. I work in an establishment they run.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:
Anyone flying Dana should do so, singing . . .

"This world is not mine own,
I'm just passing through . . . grin

OR

Dagrin's

"if i die,
Make you no cry for me,
E jen sinmi, e jo eje min" grin
lol
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2012
berem: Thank God I have never entered an aeroplane ! The day I will try it I will stay with the pilots in the cockpit! I no wan hear story!! undecided
lwkmd
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by buJu234: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2012
why are u guys worrying urself; plz jst join the crusade of people that re currently telling their friends & family not to fly Dana.

then lets see how dey will make profit.

by the time they made losses co-currently for 6mths; they will pack their load.....

GOVT. OF CABALS
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by conyema12(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2012
folahann: I trust Nigerians, a lot of people won't go near Dana again even at gunpoint. If you even pay some people to fly, na slap dem in slap you.

what then happens when companies start booking dana for their staff to travel for business engagements and meetings because their fares will drastically be reduced.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Kx: 9:19am On Sep 06, 2012
Even if Dana reduces ABJ-Lag route fare to N5000, who will fly?
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by nicesunshine: 9:28am On Sep 06, 2012
a car crashes kills hundreds; the same car maybe repaired and people will still use it. i think most plane crashes damages the planes totally.Dana is resuming with different planes i believe has been certified air worthy i don't see why they should remain grounded.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by moshmusth(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2012
acidtalk: JONATHAN DON COLLECT BRIBE AGAIN OH!!!

Out come of inquiries we no see!
White paper from committee mbano!!

Yet hundreds of millions of naira was spent by the committee on fact finding on the crash and the avaition section.

Jonathan wetin you dey do Nigerians no good oh!
You aren't even concerned about our safety all you are concerned about is your gluttonic stomach.

God dey sha!

Foolish quote from foolish man
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by pages(f): 9:35am On Sep 06, 2012
please, without sentiment, let me ask, is closing down an airline the best way to handle crashes? most crashes have affected top airlines yet WE NIGERIANS still fly them. The era of killing an airline becasue of an accident doesnt show any sense of seriousness on the part of our country.

British Airways has recorded more crashes than Dana air, and is still the number one choice of Britons and Nigerians. Air France recorded more devastating crashes than Bellview, Sosoliso and ADC combined yet still flies the skies with Nigerians flying in them. Its not more than 3yrs ago that a fully loaded Airfrance plane disappeared from radar and crashed into the ocean on its way from Brazil to France killing ALL on board? Or the Ethiopian airlines? Or Kenyan Airways?
Lets not be too emotional about this. yes, Lives were lost, but the lessons should be learnt from this accident to improve our aviation sector not kill it completely. I still believe if an airline does not adhere to safety rules and regulations, it should be forced to do so. however, if it shows adequate proof to show that it is serious about behaving itself, then let them fly, afterall, the consumer (commuter) will determine what happens to such an airline. Bellview was allowed to fly despite having a more fatal accident than ADC and the consumer power KILLED the airline slowly but surely.

Lets try to be objective as much as possible

..... the most sensible wrote up. FGN did well
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by gator666: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2012
dejustice: Vehicle have accidents and we still use them.

Yes, but unless you are speeding like a lunatic, if something goes wrong with your car/bus/vehicle, you slow down or stop and that is it, you are out of trouble. But up in the air, everything MUST work perfectly well from embarking to disembarking (yes, and before, and after), otherwise you get an obituary. That is why the technical requirements are not and will never be the same on the road and in the air... That is why there are A, B, C and D checks, en-route checks, high requirements to get a licence for this or that etc. That is why some airlines get grounded, rather than the age of the plane. A question for everyone:

Would you rather fly:

A) A plane 31 year old, owned and maintained by Lufthansa (purchased first hand from Boeing)

B) A plane 31 year old, owned and maintained by, for instance, Sosoliso, purchased 3rd or 4th hand, a plane that was grounded for 7 years and underwent a C check just recently?

dejustice: May their Souls Rest in Peace - The Dana Air Victims.

Amen!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2012
Sincerely, i think that the government was too much in a hurry to lift Dana's suspension!

Many of us supporting the lifting of the ban are doing so, because you didn't loose a loved one in that flight!
If you did you no go talk too much.

I think it is too soon to do this!

Because from all evidence seen, read, and gotten so far all fingers points to Dana as the cause of the crash!

Do you know if all families have collected the bodies of the loved one they lost?
(to me this is the most important thing).

How about the concluding parts of the investigation ? .

Those supporting the lifting how would you feel if you lost someone so dear to you on that flight, you have not recovered the body,you don't even know what happened, only to hear this.

In my opinion, even if business should be done without emotions, wisdom should be applied too. The government should have waited at least till the end of this year and till things have wrapped up a little bit before doing this.
This is corruption at work and am saying this with all BOLDNESS and without any EMOTIONAL SENTIMENTS!

It is too soon TO HAVE LIFTED THE SUSPENSION ON DANA!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by gator666: 9:57am On Sep 06, 2012
Reptyle: Nice one. At least the airline's employees can get back to work.

Not all, not all, 2 pilots and a group of cabin attendants will not go to work sad
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by blaise26abj(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2012
when bellview crashed, people trooped to other Airlines including ADC and sosoliso.did that stop the airlines from crashing? No. If you fly you will know that Dana is one of the best airlines in nigeria. I go frequently to their site after the crash and they give updates as to their efforts to the families of the crash victims even to displaced residents of the crash site. I took a flight recently and i just slept off cause when u are in the air you know you are in God's hands. The lesser the airlines operating the higher the frequency the existing ones fly and the higher the likelihood another crash will occur since Business pressure will increase which will give room for negligence. I will still fly Dana once they commence operations.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Akainzo(m): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful: Sincerely, i think that the government was too much in a hurry to lift Dana's suspension!

Many of us supporting the lifting of the ban are doing so, because you didn't loose a loved one in that flight!
If you did you no go talk too much.

I think it is too soon to do this!

Because from all evidence seen, read, and gotten so far all fingers points to Dana as the cause of the crash!

Do you know if all families have collected the bodies of the loved one they lost?
(to me this is the most important thing).

How about the concluding parts of the investigation ? .

Those supporting the lifting how would you feel if you lost someone so dear to you on that flight, you have not recovered the body,you don't even know what happened, only to hear this.

In my opinion, even if business should be done without emotions, wisdom should be applied too. The government should have waited at least till the end of this year and till things have wrapped up a little bit before doing this.
This is corruption at work and am saying this with all BOLDNESS and without any EMOTIONAL SENTIMENTS!

It is too soon TO HAVE LIFTED THE SUSPENSION ON DANA!

How long was it before Air France resumed operations after the Concorde disaster? How long was it after the crash in Toronto before Air Canada resumed operations?

Just as you have highlighted, you are making an emotional response to something while accusing others of making the same emotional response, you want the ban elongated because you lost somoene while accusing others of supporting the quick resumption because they didn't lose anybody. Thus both you and them are operating from the same plane.

However, a rational response is what has happened. An investigation has not found DANA Airlines operations to be the core cntribution to the accident and thus the license was rightly lifted.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2012
floridam: NLs, I do not think other airlines are safer to fly either though I may not want to fly Dana cause of its crash antecedent but be that as it may, restoring dana's operational licence will make them more safety conscious and also add to the existing local carriers since air Nigeria is now out of business.

at least i can say aero is better!

At least i heard from an insider that they carry out regular maintenance and send reports to flight crew via mail!

And i can say this source is reliable!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 06, 2012
Akainzo:

How long was it before Air France resumed operations after the Concorde disaster? How long was it after the crash in Toronto before Air Canada resumed operations?

Just as you have highlighted, you are making an emotional response to something while accusing others of making the same emotional response, you want the ban elongated because you lost somoene while accusing others of supporting the quick resumption because they didn't lose anybody. Thus both you and them are operating from the same plane.

However, a rational response is what has happened. An investigation has not found DANA Airlines operations to be the core cntribution to the accident and thus the license was rightly lifted.

My dear i didn't loose anybody!

Am just telling you what is right from wrong!

France, Canada and Nigeria are not on the same level, Nigeria is a third world nation oga.
If this three countries were the same why then are Nigerians running to this country for greener pastures.

And believe me am not sentimental. Because i too love this career.
But please, lets say the truth for all its worth!

Please why not publish the full reports from the investigation here for us to read!

Then help us publish the reports from the victims family and Dana to know the final conclusions from the release of the bodies.
Also help us publish the reports of at least some of the investigations and the checks that the aviation ministry made before finally convinced that this airline is now safe (airworthiness).

My dear relax very well. I get lots of gist from people in the core of aviation and one thing i can tell you is that

NIGERIA'S AVIATION INDUSTRY IS STINKING undecided!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Dee60: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2012
shadeltec: Trust Indians they know their way

Shadeltec - You are absolutely right. The foreigners know their way.

Our brains have been totally colonized. If this is an airline owned by a Nigerian, they would never come up again. But our so called former heads of state and 'statesmen' know how to lick the foot and the ass of any foreigner for any amount of peanut.

Nigeria is not working! May God save us.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Akainzo(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful:
My dear i didn't loose anybody!

Am just telling you what is right from wrong!

France, Canada and Nigeria are not on the same level, Nigeria is a third world nation oga.
If this three countries were the same why then are Nigerians running to this country for greener pastures.

And believe me am not sentimental. Because i too love this career.
But please, lets say the truth for all its worth!

Please why not publish the full reports from the investigation here for us to read!

Then help us publish the reports from the victims family and Dana to know the final conclusions from the release of the bodies.
Also help us publish the reports of at least some of the investigations and the checks that the aviation ministry made before finally convinced that this airline is now safe (airworthiness).

My dear relax very well. I get lots of gist from people in the core of aviation and one thing i can tell you is that

NIGERIA'S AVIATION INDUSTRY IS STINKING undecided!

Since you do not know the contents of the report, why do you then believe DANA's license should remain suspended? Since we are third world country, why are we then demanding that our leaders are held to the First World democracy standards? You cannot want to punish a business for being in a Third World country while demanding a First World accountability from your leaders. You've got to stick to one.

The release of the bodies to the family has nothing to do with DANA operations, it is a Lagos State government and regulatory issue. What I see DANA striving to do is pay the appropriate compensation to teh families and also give the needed support.

The Nigerian Public educational system is STINKING, would you ask for the schools to be closed down indefinitely?
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Dee60: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2012
pages: please, without sentiment, let me ask, is closing down an airline the best way to handle crashes? most crashes have affected top airlines yet WE NIGERIANS still fly them. The era of killing an airline becasue of an accident doesnt show any sense of seriousness on the part of our country.

British Airways has recorded more crashes than Dana air, and is still the number one choice of Britons and Nigerians. Air France recorded more devastating crashes than Bellview, Sosoliso and ADC combined yet still flies the skies with Nigerians flying in them. Its not more than 3yrs ago that a fully loaded Airfrance plane disappeared from radar and crashed into the ocean on its way from Brazil to France killing ALL on board? Or the Ethiopian airlines? Or Kenyan Airways?
Lets not be too emotional about this. yes, Lives were lost, but the lessons should be learnt from this accident to improve our aviation sector not kill it completely. I still believe if an airline does not adhere to safety rules and regulations, it should be forced to do so. however, if it shows adequate proof to show that it is serious about behaving itself, then let them fly, afterall, the consumer (commuter) will determine what happens to such an airline. Bellview was allowed to fly despite having a more fatal accident than ADC and the consumer power KILLED the airline slowly but surely.

Lets try to be objective as much as possible

..... the most sensible wrote up. FGN did well

STOP MAKING REFERENCE TO BRITAIN AND FRANCE. IN THOSE PLACES THE GOVERNMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR POPULACE AND THEY MAKE EXPLANATIONS. WHAT TAKES US TEN YEARS TO UNRAVEL, THEY UNRAVEL IN TEN DAYS. THEY ALSO TAKE DUE DILIGENCE ALL THE TIME AND CANCEL FLIGHTS WHEN THEY HAVE TO.

HERE, NO ONE CANCELS ANY FLIGHTS. THEY WILL RATHER BRIBE REGULATORS TO ENABLE THEM FLY AND MAKE MONEY.

THE ONLY THING WE HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE CRASH IS THAT THE BLACK BOX WAS DESTROYED. FIRST, GOVERNMENT SAID THEY HAD RECOVERED THE BLACK BOX AND WOULD COMMENCE INVESTIGATION. LATER THEY SAID BACK BOX WAS DESTROYED BY FIRE. SAME WAY THAT PEOPLE STOLE MONEY FROM NITEL HOUSE, AND DECIDED TO BURN THE HOUSE WITH THE EVIDENCE!

SOME PEOPLE JUST TALK IN THIS COUNTRY AND MAKE NONSENSE COMPARISON WITH RESPONSIBLE FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

SOME PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS AND THAT AIRLINE IS, AND THEY REFER TO THEIR WEBSITE AND TO HOW WELL DRESSED THE CREW IS, AND ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY KEEP TO TIME. ETC. ARE THOSE THE THINGS THAT MAKE AN AIRLINE GOOD? PLEASE REASON!

IF OUR GOVERNMENT HAS RUSHED TO CLEAR DANA BECAUSE OF 'MAN KNOW MAN' THEY SHOULD REMEMBER THAT THEY WILL STAND TO ACCOUNT FOR INNOCENT BLOOD ONE DAY!

SANUSI, AKPABIO AND OTHER LEADERS TALKED ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY WARNED BEFORE THAT CRASH, YET AS USUAL IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE SHOUT AND SCREAM FOR 2 DAYS AND AFTERWARDS WE FORGET EVERYTHING AND GO ON WITH BUSINESS AS USUAL ATTITUDE. NO WONDER WE ARE WHERE WE ARE!
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2012
Akainzo:

Since you do not know the contents of the report, why do you then believe DANA's license should remain suspended? Since we are third world country, why are we then demanding that our leaders are held to the First World democracy standards? You cannot want to punish a business for being in a Third World country while demanding a First World accountability from your leaders. You've got to stick to one.

The release of the bodies to the family has nothing to do with DANA operations, it is a Lagos State government and regulatory issue. What I see DANA striving to do is pay the appropriate compensation to teh families and also give the needed support.

The Nigerian Public educational system is STINKING, would you ask for the schools to be closed down indefinitely?

The release of the body to the families has everything to do with Dana in the first place love, even if Dana wont do it directly,but Lagos State, at least they are going to be a part of it somehow in one way or the other.Wasn't it on their flight they died! If you read my posts very well i didnt condemn the govt for lifting the suspension, i just said its too soon!, you are the one getting high blood pressure over my post!
undecided
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Manshak: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2012
Slogan: Experience comfort with our 737 flight...fly Dana today. Abi I don fly
Re: FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air by Akainzo(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful:
The release of the body to the families has everything to do with Dana in the first place love, even if Dana wont do it directly,but Lagos State, at least they are going to be a part of it somehow in one way or the other.Wasn't it on their flight they died! If you read my posts very well i didnt condemn the govt for lifting the suspension, i just said its too soon!, you are the one getting high blood pressure over my post!
undecided

As in DANA operates a morgue, they are in charge of the Coroner's office or what? Or that DANA has to sign a release note or what? Don't get too emotional on it, the law about bodies places the burden squarely on government and not a corporate entity. When people die in a Chisco bus, would you say Chisco should be in charge of releasing their bodies?

You said "it is too soon" and castigated those that supported the lifting that they lack empathy, so where are you coming from if not castigating the government for lifting the ban?? How long do you think would be appropriate, One year, Two Years or a decade? How long?

Nah, no high blood pressure here, rather you are lowering it as I am quite amused, and you know, one lives longer once he still learns to have a good laugh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) / Container Falls At Majidun Awori In Ikorodu (Photos) / Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.