Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,068 members, 7,890,519 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? (3034 Views)

Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / The Typical Body Figure Of An Edo Girl / Ikwerre Language Is An Edo Dialect And Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by CALIBOY(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
Considering the distance and maybe fairly varied culture, will you advise me to extend my hand in marriage to an Edo Chick?
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by tboy1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
You r NOT ready to marry- if u really love d girl u wont ask any advice from anyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by omuanp(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2008
very funny! if u understand what marriage is u wont ask such questions.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by ifyalways(f): 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2008
tboy1:

You r NOT ready to marry- if u really love d girl u wont ask any advice from anyone
word !
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Iyanlax: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2008
I agree. Its seems a little odd that your asking for advice in areas such as distance, culture, surely yr courtship together would have answered these questions.  

How long have you been dating this young lady? Or is she someone you have taken a shine to (from afar) and are considering her as you future wife ?
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by cuteNhot(f): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
if she tickle your fancy
why not?
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by ima1(f): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
of course you can except if u r not ready to get married.

I am CALABAR girl getting married to an EDO guy in 2 weeks
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Dreloaded(f): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
If I were getting married in 2 weeks, you better believe my ass wouldnt be on Nairaland right now, more like going crazy with plans

Are you doing it here(The states) or in Nigeria?
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by oziomatv(m): 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
THE ANSWER IS NO
CAUSE YOU'RE NOT YET MATURED TO GET MARRIED,

you need to grow more
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ D-reloaded

she's probably using nairaland as some form of therapy so she doesn't go insane from all the planning.

@Ima1

Congrats babe. make sure your lingerie is sure to drive him wild.

@ topic

when you were going out with the babe didn't you know her origin
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by cuteNhot(f): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
D-reloaded:

If I were getting married in 2 weeks, you better believe my ass wouldnt be on Nairaland right now, more like going crazy with plans

Are you doing it here(The states) or in Nigeria?
i don't think you'll ever get married.
well, some places have same sex weddings these days, so there is hope for you yet. grin
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2008
cute_N_hot:

i don't think you'll ever get married.

I am 100% sure your spouse will be an hermaphrodite.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by CALIBOY(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2008
I copy you guyz and it just strange that i can`t ask her everything about the Edo people, especially the oddz u know wha a mean, ! moreso,i don`t live in Naija to get to grab more yans about this tribe, maybe someone out there could help me out, ! I might sound grotesque but remember, we`re all Africans, once in  a while, those cultural tribalistic sentiment sometimes tend to raise dem ugly heads n i guess, we just can`t overlook them.A CALABAR BOY IN THAT MATTER, ! no fears people! I think i luv the chick n we live same city,
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by ifyalways(f): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2008
CALIBOY:

I copy you guys and it just strange that i can`t ask her everything about the Edo people, especially the oddz u know wha a mean, ! moreso,i don`t live in Naija to get to grab more yans about this tribe, maybe someone out there could help me out, ! I might sound grotesque but remember, we`re all Africans, once in a while, those cultural tribalistic sentiment sometimes tend to raise them ugly heads n i guess, we just can`t overlook them.A CALABAR BOY IN THAT MATTER, ! no fears people! I think i love the chick n we live same city,
hmmn baby boi,at this stage you are not even sure of your emotions/intentions huh you are still in the thinking world ? shocked shocked shocked
ok,methinks you are not yet ready for marriage now. undecided
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by blackgucci(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2008
another made up tale!
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Dreloaded(f): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2008
jammin' quit being a bitter bastard. It's not "cute" anymore.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Dreloaded(f): 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2008
CALIBOY:

I copy you guys and it just strange that i can`t ask her everything about the Edo people, [b]especially the oddz u know wha a mean[/b ], ! moreso,i don`t live in Naija to get to grab more yans about this tribe, maybe someone out there could help me out, ! I might sound grotesque but remember, we`re all Africans, once in a while, those cultural tribalistic sentiment sometimes tend to raise them ugly heads n i guess, we just can`t overlook them.A CALABAR BOY IN THAT MATTER, ! no fears people! I think i love the chick n we live same city,

Go in depth on the bolded part cos we dont "know" what you are talking about

I wonder if your girl is out asking people if it's true that your kind eats human and dog meat.

Seriously put this so called engagement to the side
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by CALIBOY(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2008
As per the dog meat matter, yes oh ma sister,a dey chop dog meat for real.That`s what makes me calabarian, my forebears have been eating this delicacy for generations, dem never die nor grow nuts.Na me go come die, ! In short i can`t wait to fall in Naija for more,
so shun da side, if u think it will only end up provokin me, U dey lie. Na rather the canivorous issue wey seems to be insultive, though, i won`t mind you coz i know you`re not right,
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Dreloaded(f): 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
Who's trying to insult you? Just saying if you'd appreciate it if your girl went around asking obnoxious questions about your tribe. Wanna know about Edos, ask her family or read up on them. Why go by what bitter people have to say? Nigerians are nasty people in general, anyone that is not of their little group is horrible in their eyes, why would you want their opinion?

You still havent explained what you meant by "the odds of, you know what I mean"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by Busta(f): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
@topic,

why not, if not?

as long as the love is there.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by oziomatv(m): 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2008
Bros,
         The headline of this thread doesn't sound sweet, you put it as if you're TOO BIG TO BE SMALL.
 But I understand what you're trying to avoid in your family maybe you need an advice from a close friend
  who understand and also you send your people back home to do something the Igbo tradition called
  enquiry over the girl. with these your love for the girl will be matured and not bringing it here for
 every Idiots to put mouth. This is something that involves your life any mistake you're in hell while alive.
          GOODLUCK
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by CALIBOY(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2008
Nice jans ma man, i appreciate your brotherly advise, it`s just that sometimes, behind every nonsense, there`s definitely a sense, as you can perceive from the various response. Moreover,the real motive behind this choosen headline is quiet foggy . It`s only a witty one who can grasp it and i think it`s already raising its ugly head,
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by adeboo(f): 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
Why not?
If you love her enough to withstand all the cultural differences - then why not?
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by tkb417(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2008
@Poster
hey, D-reloaded posted a piece in context and you replied back throwing tantrums in vernacular. Don't you understand small contextual writeups? by the way, edit the header, it sounds like swahili.

@topic
like the others have said, u aint ready for marriage. When ure ready, you wont come to nairaland for advice.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by yimiton(f): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2008
What has being Calabar or Edo got to do with love and marriage? undecided
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by ima1(f): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2008
@ D-reloaded

i've been planning for like a couple of months, i think i need rest and nairaland provides that for me lol

anyway its going to be in naija, i had to fly back to naija n have been in naija for like a month now planning, as long as i have my dream wedding gown which of course i do, i know i am fine.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by ify083: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2008
Marriage has nothing to do with tribe and i advise you go aheld to marry him if you love him,
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2008
ima1:

@ D-reloaded

i've been planning for like a couple of months, i think i need rest and nairaland provides that for me lol

anyway its going to be in naija, i had to fly back to naija n have been in naija for like a month now planning, as long as i have my dream wedding gown which of course i do, i know i am fine.

Go and sleep pls is too early to wake and making mouth on public forum, you should have be more engage than a busy bee right now , wish you all the best though
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by tkb417(m): 10:52am On Jan 08, 2008
Go and sleep please is too early to wake and making mouth on public forum, you should have be more engage than a busy bee right now , wish you all the best though
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
somebody pls dont kill me with laffter o. As for you, if you let me break my beautiful laptop, you will pay for it
ask her when shes flying back grin grin grin
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by laudate: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2008
Omo, another ethnic debate is about to start. No sweat.

Make I perch for dis corner dey chop my[i] guguru[/i] and epa. Na who dey sell malt for there?? Oya, bring two bottles! Chilled one o! grin

Person wey wan fight, make im enter floor. . . . .! Wether na 'tribe' matter, dem dey take build marriage, na una sabi. . . . sad
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by CALIBOY(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2008
@tkb417
Don't you understand small contextual writeups? by the way, edit the header, it sounds like swahili.
Mr lecturer, i hear you, english boy, ! as you dey so i no think sey you don finish primary school sef, u want come dey lecture me. abeg o sell market,

A for you ma sister, ami1, i wish you the best in your forthcoming matrimonial life n no mind some of this people, na busy body dey worry dem.
Re: Can I, A Calabar Boy, Wed An Edo Girl? by tkb417(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2008
Mr lecturer, i hear you, english boy, ! as you dey so i no think sey you don finish primary school sef, u want come dey lecture me. abeg o sell market,

grin grin grin why u dey vex?
i go school pass u grin grin grin
just kidding here bros

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Why Do Yorubas Have These General Beliefs. / Gods Of Igbo Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.