Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,514 members, 7,968,392 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:37 AM

Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction (10163 Views)

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos / Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by valdprof: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
Keneking: It is only in Lagos that u see things like this...have u ever heard or seen aboki's protesting in Kano. Sponsored devils of acnn
d abokis are benighted and backward......U think dy understand d word redenomination?
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by Nextworldnx(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
It is imperative that Nigerians know the truth and fight for justice at all times. I thank God for information, internet and a medium such as Nairaland where our voices can heard. By this i drop a link http://archive.org/details/Zeitgeist.Addendum to a movie/documentation/confession/revelation called "Zeitgeist Addendum". Download, watch and see how the world power dominate, cripple, and finally destroy the Economies of other Nations.

Watch the Movie and learn about:
- The Economic Hitman
- The Jackals
- The Military
- The Empire
- The Emperor
- Corporatocracy (JP Morgan, IMF, World Bank, Halliburton)

Then see their hands clearly in the N5,000 note introduction. Know the rationale behind the unending loan given to us ~even when we cannot payback~
I have been watching this movie, and each time i remained speechless(maybe given up) ...or maybe i should just hear your views first.
Anyone else may help in reducing the file size, then re-upload will be appreciated.
This is my own small contribution to the struggle for the liberation of Nigeria from the Jaws of wicked one.

here is the link once again: http://archive.org/details/Zeitgeist.Addendum
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by k2039: 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
ignis:
You call it joblessness while they are ruining our economy

Well am not an economist,Sanusi his,am sure he must have taken the best decision in the interest of the country(not that I like SLS)

"Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have—and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up."
— James Belasco and Ralph Stayer
Flight of the Buffalo (1994)
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by mikkeyjagger: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hah 9ja! i love this country. now we can appreciate the value of casting votes. Democracy is for the people! we must protest evry wrong policy until we are meaningfully engaged. what happened to the micro finance banks? that's the secret of India's success n all developed Asian country.
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by ozodimgba(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
harryem: abeg, dis 5k note, na gd policy
then substantiate ur opinion not just opening mouth and saying whatever u feel like just becoz there is freedom of speech. The policy is bogus and white elephant project geared towards fooling majority of nigerians. I will neva support this policy. It is bad period
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by amosy007: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
wrexs:
For me,I dont see how this policy encourage or discourage corruption because Naira or $,they still share the money,but it pays the economy when they share in Naira...(my thought).
@Amosy007; Yes,it would make him settle for Naira,which still retain the strength of the Naira. I'm not an Economist,but I understand that for every $1 u buy with a Naira,u strengthen the $ and weaken the Naira,so isnt this policy worth given a try?
ok look it at from dis angle.. Lets say a ghana must can contain one million naira (if the denomination is 1000)
now how much will d same ghana must bag contain (if the denomination is 5000)

u see dis policy is meant for only d politrician and those that stylishly steal and dine with d government..
How many students or a woman that all her investment is not even upto 5000 can flaunt such note

did u noticed those that supported the policy? (otedola, dangote, adenuga)..

And u tink such policy shouldnt be protested against?
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
Instead of dm 2 reduce d amount of our mney leavn d country dm wan brng ds 1 4 efficient transp owt of d country.idiots.God dy luk una jona nd hs mnkeys
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by amosy007: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
k2039:

Well am not an economist,Sanusi his, am sure he must have taken the best decision in the interest of the country(not that I like SLS)

"Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have—and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up."
— James Belasco and Ralph Stayer
Flight of the Buffalo (1994)

dude are u a nigerian or just pretending to be?
Is sanusi going to tell u that he is doing it in the interest of few cabal?

Obasanjos fuel subsidy removal was done in d interest of nigerians (increased pms frm 18 - 70naira) how has the interest affect nigerians today except hyper inflation?
Ur uncle jonah too is following d foot step while he eat 1billion meal..
U forgot uncompleted uncle salusis cashless policy in a country where power supply and internet access is eratic..what abt bank closure that made thousands jobless ...they are all in d interest of d masses too?

When are u people going to wake up and start asking dis dumb rulers questions?

Talk of change! The only changes i wana see right nw is 24hrs electricity, clean and drinkable water frm my tap (not borehole), good motorable roads, easy and cheap internet access...
And all that can be achieved with right policies not sum dumbb 5000naira note
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by Elueme: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
I don't agree with Sanusi or FG on dis new currency policy but is this not a too barbaric way to protest? We are supposed to be civil.[b][/b]
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by k2039: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
amosy007:

dude are u a nigerian or just pretending to be?

A typical Ekiti man

amosy007: When are u people going to wake up and start asking dis dumb rulers questions?
Well I may just have to continue sleeping.You are already asking them the questions(lol)

Anyway you really have a point
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by denitro(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Backward people. LOL
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by Oceemo(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
amobii: I dont know ehat is really wrong with some people, any topic they start type Garri, at least hv some respect for people that are fighting for just course. If you think very well you will know that it will affect the price of Garri if introduced, just common sense.
pls dnt mind them children will alwz b children do they even knw what these is all abt anytin <GARRI> wen d moni is out they wll knw wat doz people wit coffin ar doing.. FOOLS
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by Silensa(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
They 4 go central bank premises go do d demonstration so that it will be more authentic
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by zonax(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
k2039: FG,Dangote,Mikke Adenuga etc pls provide more employment.

See wetin Joblessness cause
Dabgote is a persons name, so is Adenuga. What are you providing for Nigerians? Why can't your name be on that list abi dem Dangote dem no be human like you? For the records, I run a company and currently employing about 53Nigerians and still aiming hire. Do something dear and leav the government.
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by k2039: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
zonax: Dabgote is a persons name, so is Adenuga. What are you providing for Nigerians? Why can't your name be on that list abi dem Dangote dem no be human like you? For the records, I run a company and currently employing about 53 Nigerians and still aiming hire. Do something dear and leav the government.
Well that's nice of you,that means you reduce the number of unemployed nigerians by 53.May God increase you,it keeps getting better.

For now am still a student,(trust me am a crusader for Entrepreneurship)

I take this as a challenge from you
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by wrexs: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
amosy007:
ok look it at from dis angle.. Lets say a ghana must can contain one million naira (if the denomination is 1000)
now how much will d same ghana must bag contain (if the denomination is 5000)

u see dis policy is meant for only d politrician and those that stylishly steal and dine with d government..
How many students or a woman that all her investment is not even upto 5000 can flaunt such note

did u noticed those that supported the policy? (otedola, dangote, adenuga)..

And u tink such policy shouldnt be protested against?
I think u forget the fact that they 'd abandoned the Naira for Dollar for easy carriage,hence the reason Farouk was paid in $$$.Even ur President offered the SNG T-fare in $,remember? The job of the CBN is to monitor and encourage the Naira culture and to fight corruption or build roads or give u portable water like u stated. Hence,this CBN policy is to discourage the use of Dollar to save the declining value of the Naira being cause by the "Dollarization" of the Nigeria Economy.
Note,the names u mentioned above,they have the money and would always want to move it easily.And since the $ makes it easier for them,they go for it. But with the 5k denomination,they would stick to the Naira,and that becomes a plus.
I hope u'll try to see the picture differently. The Policy is actually about the Value of the Naira.
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by amosy007: 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
wrexs:
I think u forget the fact that they 'd abandoned the Naira for Dollar for easy carriage,hence the reason Farouk was paid in $$$.Even ur President offered the SNG T-fare in $,remember? The job of the CBN is to monitor and encourage the Naira culture and to fight corruption or build roads or give u portable water like u stated. Hence,this CBN policy is to discourage the use of Dollar to save the declining value of the Naira being cause by the "Dollarization" of the Nigeria Economy.
Note,the names u mentioned above,they have the money and would always want to move it easily.And since the $ makes it easier for them,they go for it. But with the 5k denomination,they would stick to the Naira,and that becomes a plus.
I hope u'll try to see the picture differently. The Policy is actually about the Value of the Naira.
u do have a point.. Buh it wnt change d fact that. The policy meant 4 d benefict of the few cabals in government that is milking our nations dry.. (atleast if i get ur point right, u were saying.. "instead of stealing in dollars they should steal in naira instead" cheesy grin lol) i dnt see how it will benefit the masses in anyway... It wont boost our gdp neither will it increase oil production.. And it wnt bit depriciate dollars.. So what is d benefit?

And do u support the coinage of 5-100naira too? shocked
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by amosy007: 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
wrexs:
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by wrexs: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote author=amosy007][/quote]
lol...u sure get the gig on that. Yea,if they steal in Naira,the integrity of the Naira stays intact,and its beneficial in the Long run cuz we wouldnt have to buy $1 at 160 + as it is today.
As for the Coins,I cant say much but I think we do need it in the system,though I think some may be switched back to notes in the future.
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by queenbinteo: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: I don't think coffin bearers have ever openly protested against anything in Nigeria before. That's to show you the level this country has gotten to.
Where were you after annulment of June 12 election in '93? So many coffin bearer during countless protest n Nlc/Nupeng strike..enough bean ball n 'which must not be mentioned'.
Re: Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction by muktarmtt(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
alaoeri: Those this change anything in the place where they are practising dictatorship form of government. My fear is just that they shouldn't change #5, #10 and #20 τ̲̅ȍ coins.
Yeah I feel u dude late dem print thr 5k if dey most do but live 5# 10# nd 20# alone pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Saved N200bln From Ghost Workers – Osinbajo Says / Reuben Abati's Response To Patience Jonathan AU Delegates Story / Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.