Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,982 members, 7,896,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:14 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (888613 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
go4gold107:

Doc,

It has been long I posted here. Being a daddy is not easy oh.
Remember me: my wife was polyhydramnious and was on indometacin prior to week 35. Baby was delivered on week 37 and had annular pancreas with duodenal stenosis. After she was operated on we spent another 4 weeks in the hosp but I thank God. She is doing very well now and eats like, Everything seems ok with the baby now.
The mother is also doing well but I noticed some hard portions below her navel. When depressed, the area below her naval looks a bit hard to me and she experiences some little pain down there when depressed. You remember she had a C/S. What would you suggest?
I promised attaching the baby's picture for you.

Here is it,

beautiful pics, congrats

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
Your daughter is beautiful go4gold cool

Hope you are helping your wife with the work sha smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2009
@goforgold

congratulations!
Enjoy faherhood,
Take care
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2009
Good day Dr.

Do you still remember me?

My LMP was on 27/5/09 and since then i have been on progestrone injection even till date. Five days after the menses, i have been on Primolut N, clomid and LH dry table.  For the past three days now, i have been having severe cramps round my waist. 

The plan of my gyn is to inseminate me as soon as i release egg/s. Although, he has done this procedure severally but the pregnancy have been able to sustained.

Pls advise me, if the gyn is in order.  Also what is the cause of this severe cramps round my waist cry shocked sad angry.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by otukpo(f): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
goforgold

ur baby is beautiful.
Congratulations!!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2009
Dear Doc,
I got married in April this year and we have agreed to start trying for baby.
Does too much breast stimulation have any side effect on the woman as regards to conception.

Secondly,
I noticed that after love making,my semen usually come out either when she stands up or bend her waist down,but very thick,is it normal?Pls advice on the best way to go about this so that she will conceive as soon as possible.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by crious: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2009
hi doctor on the house, please i need yourhelp lilke seriously.
i've been in a relationship for most of two years now, and its a sexual one. only recently after sex i started having these maddddd cramps in my lower abdomen, and it was after one round of sex in which i didn't have any pains. it was so bad and my baby is worried and i'm worried too .
some one said maybe i'm pregnant pls tell me what could it be.
my period isn't due till next week
what could be wrong with me
thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
hello,

pls for the past 2wks now av being having this bad stomach pain is very serious that is up to that av sleep last and just this saturday i went to doctor she gave me 4drip and injection she siad is infection and fron d day one she gave one injection i started distarging withish stuff from my vigainal and this morning i sweat alot always feel tird and resless unable to eat.

Do i have sex on my ovulation day wich is 31st of last month what do u advice PT test and drug to stop dis pain in my stomach plssssssssssssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:32am On Jun 10, 2009
@c2h5soh
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, this is an ob/gyn thread. You might want to post on the general medicine thread. Wish you luck
@My peace
You can get pregnant but stressing about it doesn't help. Have faith friend. It is indeed well with you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:35am On Jun 10, 2009
@go4gold
OMG! She is adorable and I am quite jealous! Yes, taking care of a baby is not a task for the weak, lol. I can see you and your wife are doing an excellent job. As for the belly, it takes time to fully heal. Be patient
@uwani
Do you douche? Sleep with underwear on? Wear cotton only underwear?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:39am On Jun 10, 2009
@meridian
I do remember you. The pain could be the eggs developing however, there is a condition known as ovarian hyperstimulation. I would go to the doctor for an u/s. Keep me posted

@9hmo
Breast stimulation should not affect ovulation and I don't think the backflow should affect her ability to get pregnant. Good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:41am On Jun 10, 2009
@crious
Are you in pain now?
@oluwawunmi
What type of infection did your doctor say you have? The whitish discharge could be a yeast infection. Does it itch?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uchebuakpa: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2009
Great friends,  i need a good G&O.  any recomendation? I am in Lagos. The one we have doesnt seem to follow up on issues. Its high time we looked for a good one.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:12am On Jun 11, 2009
Hello

thanks for replying me yes it itching me the doctor din't tell me the name of the infection but when the pain is too much am ask to go to general hospital i was ask to go for sacn and HVS am to collect the result of the HVS on monday but the scan is with me i can see one one word from the scan.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sweetypie: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2009
DEAR DOC,

when is it appropriate for me to start my ante-natal treatment?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sweetypie: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2009
according to the scan i did last week, i am 8 weeks pregnant now, so wen can i start the ante-natal treatment?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2009
doc, my doctor has reduced my parlodel taking to 1 tablet at night and he added follic acid to it . he said i should take it for the next one month.
he also gave my clomid for five days starting for the 2nd day of my cycle. that was on the 10th of June, 2009.
doc the problem i am having now is that i was given amoxycillin, flagyl, ibruphine and vitmin c by my dentist . is it adviceable to take all this drugs together without side effect. i really want to be carefull with the way i take drugs because of the problem i encounted with high prolactine. doctor pls help.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
Plz doc, i went for HIV test, and at the result the wrote RVS none active, plz i do not know what RVS mean, Can u plz enlighten me about it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ all

Many thanks.  After seeing my wife go thru labour and eventually c/s, I realised being a woman is not easy.  I pray every man appreciates his wife and takes very good care of her.  Any man that ever raises his hand against his wife (typically african style) MUST be insane.

@ doc,
Many thanks. I just pray everything goes on well and I will continue to positively contribute to your thread.  May God continue to nourish you with wisdom and prosperity.

Regards

@ thiefofhearts:
Everyone will be invited for the Presentation Ceremonony.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
naming ceremony nko? wink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by crious: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
kathyekiti:

@crious
Are you in pain now?
@oluwawunmi
What type of infection did your doctor say you have? The whitish discharge could be a yeast infection. Does it itch?

no doc,
i'm not in pain right now its been a while though. but it was sharp and went on for some minutes before it went
i went to do a scan and nothing is wrong, what do you think?
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by topheal: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2009
Dr in d house U are doing a great job,pls help me with my prob. When i was 13th (16 yrs ago),i use to observe dt blood comes of my male organ when ever i'm toilet (though i havent xperience sex b4) bt now dt i heard dt is a symptom of STD,i started observed my sperm & discover dt it shows some yellowish colour lk dead sperm cell. Pls wht can i do? Pls reply urgently.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 1honeybee: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2009
Any advise on recurrent vaginal thrush please?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chioma24: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2009
Dear doctor,may God bless you and protect ur family

i want to ask u this question,i'm about to start taking medicine but i don't like to take medicine without put it in my food .
so if i put medicine inside my food to swallow can the medicine work on my body?

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
rrr
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ oluwawunmi
When is your next follow up?

@sweetypie
Congratulations! You should start now. Hope you are taking your prenatal vitaminssmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
@jody
It is fine. Aside, from the ibuprofen, the rest are drugs we use in pregnant women

@ammamat
I am assuming you meant " non reactive" This means you don't have any antibodies to HIV
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2009
@crious
It might have been positional. With a negative u/s I doubt it is anything you have to worry about

@topheal
Sperm cannot be seen by the naked eye. I suggest a visit to your physician
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
1honeybee
How many times a year do you get the infections? do you douche?

@chima24
It should be fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ant01

I know it is hard not to be frightened but the normal progression of the cervix is to shorten over the course of the pregnancy. We already know you are at high risk for this to happen. You are doing everything you possibly can. Take it easy. Keep me updated as much as you can.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 1honeybee: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
Is a sort of itching that won't stop.,, well it does stop for a day or two sometimes
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DONFASZY(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@ BALOGUN

MY FRIEND TOLD ME HE SLEPT WITH HIS GIRL LAST WEEKEND AFTER 4MONTHS OF MISS CONTACTS, SHE TRAVELLED TO WARRI AND THIS WEEKEND,HE FIND IT PAINFUL TO URINATE

HE FEELS AS IF THERE IS SOAP IN THE TIP OF HIS PENIS.PERPERISH AS HE SAY IT AND TODAY MORNING, ASTONISHLY,HE CALL AND TOLD ME THAT HE SAW WHITE LIKE LIQUID, LIKE SPERM BUT IT IS NOT SPERM ON HIS PENIS MOUTH/HOLE

HE IS CRYING WHEN HE WAS TELLING ME AND HE IS AFRAID TO GO FOR CHECK UP?

WHATS THIS SEX DISEASE NAME?

WHICH DRUG OR NATIVE HERB OR INJECTION CAN HE TAKE?

an elderly man told me of septrin injection or tablets, ?

it is ok to pass it on to my best friend?

HELP ME HERE, LET ME ADVISE HIM

PLS DOC, U CAN ALSO LEAVE UR GSM NUMBER OR OFFICE LINE  or YAHOO ID FOR ANY OTHER ADVISE / CHATTING

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.