Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,970 members, 7,896,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:29 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (888604 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by toloruni: 1:59am On Oct 16, 2009
Dr kathy
We hope all is well with u its being quite a long time. Hope to here 4m u soon. Dr Balogun u r welcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cutesharon(f): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
DR. KATHY,
what is the dosage for mifepristone and misoprostol and what are the likely side effects for a 4wks pregnancy. thanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
Madambini, do you have any discharges coming through. A vaginal swab might help.
Cutesharon, misoprostol and mifepristone are used for induction of abortion. All these you can find easily on the internet.
MadamL, do you have any history of fibroids. It is not unusual to have painful breasts just before your periods
Anamelechi, why is your fallopian tube blocked. Normally I would say it takes about 2 years sometimes to get timing of conception right. See your gynaecologist with regards to the blocked tube
mamaa, not unusual to be producing milk after you have weaned the little one off the breast
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
I think that covers most that need advice. The other queries have been answered accurately by others on this thread.

The absence of Dr Kathy has made me realise how much she does on this thread and I hope everyone here appreciates it. We give our precious free time to answer queries without reward except for the thanks we get
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2009
cutesharon:

DR. KATHY,
what is the dosage for mifepristone and misoprostol and what are the likely side effects for a 4wks pregnancy. thanx

The sooner you take it the better. you have 3-4 weeks before you have to go surgical. Go for a follow-up when you're done to make sure it worked and everything is working fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bebstic(f): 1:06am On Oct 18, 2009
Dear Dr,
my gyn placed me on duofem about 3 weeks ago because of severe dysmenorrhoea that was responding only to opiods.

I started have itchy, burning sensation in my vag about 2 days ago. do u think it's the duofem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by meta4(m): 1:09am On Oct 19, 2009
Dr. Kathy,
my wife is 6 and half weeks pregnant, but she normally complains of pains on her left side, mostly when she lays down and feels dizzy when she stands up after sitting or lays down for some time,
what might be the cause of it, we did a scan to confirm the pregnancy and found a cyst (corpus luteum)appearing too, the doctor says its nothing that it will disappear after some weeks. hope all is well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2009
Dr. Balogun, thanks for holding forth for Dr. Kathy. On behalf of everyone I implore you to pls get in touch with her and find  out how she's doing. I trust God it is well with her. Pls let her know we miss her and wish her well.

In the meantime, kindly tell me what to do, my 6month old baby has suffered cattarh and cough for over 3weeks now. The cough is very strong overnight and at dawn.We've been to hospital 3 times and it hasn't improved. The boy has emaciated so much and am at my wits end. Am not seeing the effect of the drugs administered though I'v been advised to complete the dosage. Natural health experts advise against giving honey or lime to babies under one year or I'd have given as that's what I use for adult's cough. Pls advise. (Tomorrow I'll post the names of the drugs he's taken so far)Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ankeade: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hello Doctors in the house,
am so happy to see this on nairaland. Infact, I have neva clicked on it before.
My questions are as follows:
Please can you explain better what we really mean by that word "ovualtion".

Also when is it advisable for a woman to move nearer to her husband(a new wedded couple).

Lastly, how does one know if she has fibriod.

Thanks so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ankeade, ovulation is the time of the month usually mid cycle when the egg is released from the ovary. Usually happens around day 14. You are meant to be most fertile around these days. You might have a sticky vaginal discharge at this time. Occasionally get some pain at this time (Mittelschmerz).
Fibroids are in part asymptomatic. Symptoms usually are heavy periods, pain. More common in black women
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
Titilaelae, is there any possibility that you have introduced something new to your baby. Change of washing powder, animals in the house. Catarrh and cough could be signs he is reacting to something. Check around you first that there is no new allergen around
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
meta4, your wife has postural hypotension. She needs to take her time getting up from lying or sitting position. Simple blood pressure measurements in this positions will confirm that.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bamboke(f): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
I believe I am not pregnant,and have also tested.Can I use birth pills to make my period come back?Incase I am even possible to have taken in,can it still help as my menses is like 5 days late.I hope to hear from u.Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
Dear Dr. Karthy,i hope all is well with you cos we haven't heard from you in a while. May the good lord continue to guide and protect us amen.
Dr Balo sometime ago i complained to Dr karthy that i was having pain beneath my boobs,and i suggested that it could be as a result in the increase in size of the breast, and she agreed it could be so cos the pain was just on the surface.Am beginning to doubt this analysis cos the pain is still there even wen av stopped wearing bra which i thought could be causing the pain,and my doctor says it could be the baby's bot om. wat do you think?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by midola: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2009
hi doctor katty,thanks for the good job you are doing,pls i will like to know how exactly a five days menses run i.e is heavy all thru? e.g the first thing i notice if i am on is brownish color so i bliv dat is d first day,then it bcoms heavy(red) d 2nd&3rd day&then d 4th day it starts turnin to brown again till its gn.pls is dat a normal five days period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by midola: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
hi doctor katty,thanks for the good job you are doing,pls i will like to know how exactly a five days menses run i.e is heavy all thru? e.g the first thing i notice if i am on is brownish color so i bliv dat is d first day,then it bcoms heavy(red) d 2nd&3rd day&then d 4th day it starts turnin to brown again till its gn.pls is dat a normal five days period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
Balogun:

Titilaelae, is there any possibility that you have introduced something new to your baby. Change of washing powder, animals in the house. Catarrh and cough could be signs he is reacting to something. Check around you first that there is no new allergen around

No animal in the house and the washing powder is neither new. His meal was the only thing new. It actually started shortly after I introduced millet pap to him and when I noticed it I stopped and started giving him cereal (formular) which he reluctantly takes. Well, yesterday was the 5th day after he started his medication and I noticed overnight that his condition improved, cough became softer and cattarh drier.
Now, the drugs: Broncholite (|Bromhexine hydrochloride) (2) Throtal (brand of erythromycine) (powder for oral suspension). He initially took Athesunate powder and later Theramether artemether for fever. Just wondering if all these drugs are not too much for a 6month old wink. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ankeade: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
Hello Doctors in the house.
@Dr.Balogun> thanks so much for the reply. May the good Lord continue to bless and enrich you.
My question is this:
*Is it appropriate for a lady to have her menses for 5days?
*Why is it that my menses at times flunctuate i.e at times, I will see another menses at the end of the month of which am to start first week in the next month.
*When a lady notices that she has nt seen her menses for the past one month(am sure she should be pregnant). Now Dr. Balo, please, what advice can you give to such patient.

Once again, thanks so much.
Infact, I so much love this forum.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Balogun:

Thanks Doc, but nothing really changed except his meal. Symptoms were noticed shortly after I introduced millet pap to him (which I heard from other mums to be highly nutritious). Immediately symptoms were noticed I quickly changed to cereal (formular) which I've since sustained so he's not too excited about it.

Drugs taken so far: Athesunate powder for fever then later Therameter (Artemether)(oral suspension). For cough/cattarh he was given Broncholite (bromhexine hydrochloride) and Throtal (brand of erythromycin)(also oral suspension).Some iron syrup. Just wodering if all these drugs are not too much for a baby wink - personally I wish infants don't have to take drugs!! cry Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
Balogun:

Thanks Doc, but there really was nothing new except his meal - introduced millet pap (some friends spoke highly of its nutritional value) and after one week the symptoms were noticed but am not too sure if that was the cause.

However, drugs given so far were: Athesunate powder then Artemether (for fever) The latter was administered when symptom persisted after the former.

For cough and cattarh he took Broncholite (Bromhexine hydrochloride, throtal (brand of erythromycin) (all were prescribed by a doctor). Just wondering if all these are not too much for a 6month old. Personally I wish babies don't have to take drugs!!. Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by meta4(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2009
@Dr. Balogun,
thanks for the response, so what do you do and what do think about the cyst reported? thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Esiso1: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2009
ilovekezi:

i need to get pregnant but i havent seen my period in three months i have gone for test ,scan and no pregnancy  please someone advice me
i have gone to doctor n he doesnt seem to see anything wrong with me and i need this baby badly as i hav just gotten married my husband is tested ok,how ever some months back i washed my private part with alum as dey said it tightens please advise me could dat be the cause?where and what can i do?am i ovulating?people said i could still get pregnant without my menstral cycle.how true is it please advice

It is very likely that you have a hormone imbalance. That is, your fertility hormones are not in the right proportions. Before one can jump into this conclusion however, it is pertinent to have a good gynecological and obstetric history from which should be followed by proper physical examination. You can as well get simple herbal remedy for rejuvenating menstruation. For assistance call;23407030169085.
Mail: ESISO@consultant.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladyjay1(f): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2009
doctor my problem is dt i ve byn married 4 close 2 a year now but ve not been able 2 get pregnant,everytym i request 2 c a gynae my doctor tells me i shuld be patient,but d tin is bothering me 2 much,i tried timing my ovulation but stil 2 no avail,i dnt c d egg white mucor kinda tin dat indicates ovulation,as a result i started taking evening primrose oil but still notin,plz i nyd advise doctor.my period cmes after every 26 thanx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by edjuzion: 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Doc. pls I had my baby six months ago and my monthly period has not started yet. Is everything alright?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladyjay1(f): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Dr Kathy
doctor u really r tryng 4 nigeria,ur kind of person is very hard 2 find now,upon d demands of ur job n still u continue 2 answer pple n alwayz wit d utmost patience,u r a role model 2 ol of us,u r d kind of person dat naija is suppoz 2 recognise.tanx 4 ur selfless service 2 humanity,u wil never lack n GOD almighty wil continue 2 reward u n d parents dat gave birth 2 dis kinda selfless daughter,on behalf of ol nigerians,I SAY A BIG THANK U,ESPECIALLY 4RM US WOMEN.dr kathy tanx alot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by davinchi(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
Goodday Doc,
Pls i need help urgently.My wife is about 2 months pregnant now but my major worries is dat she complains of pains alot in her lower abdomen and also of heaviness of her breasts.Is this normal?,what is the cause and is the solution?Pls i need reply urgently.Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by davinchi(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hi Doc,
Lest i forget,minus the constant pain below the abdomen, she also has malaria parasite-P.falciparum +.Minus Chloroquine which antimalarial is safe in first trimester?Thanks a million
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by emeje: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2009
Hello Kathy, thanks for the job welldone, PLS i will need an explaination on these, i have a boyfriend that no matter how i romance him, he doesnt get wet, before entry, and even when he ejaculates his sperm is usually egg like and very watery,its not white and thick. pls help, this guy is talking marriage already.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladyjay1(f): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
plz can sumbody check in wit doc kathy,i pray 2 god she is aryt,amin,ope she is on a much needed vacation,ameen 2 dat 2,
dr balogun thank u 4 helping out.
my question is as i stated in mi other mail,i ve been trying 2 get pregnant 4 almost a year now,but 2 no avail
my period is regular lasting 4 about 4-5 days monthly n it usually comes after every 26 days sumtimes 25 days,i guess dts o.k,ve tried pin-pointing mi ovulation 2 no avail,i even bought d ovulation kit,but up til now notin,i dnt knw if i can take clomin,dnt knw if it wil be able 2 help mi,pls wat can i take??tanx loads
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moduperola(f): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2009
Dear Dr Kathy,

May God continue to bless and enrich you with wisdom for your selflessness. I actually joined nairaland 'cos of this thread and i hope you might be able to help me.

My period is usually btw 13- 16th of every month and it is regular. Though i spot in btw and i have an unusually hot body temperature. Pls, i have had 2miscarriages in the last 1yr and right now, i am 6wks pregnant. In the last 3days, i have been noticing a brownish discharge again( dont know if it is  blood cos it is nt red) and my doc says just to relax. I cant do that 'cos i don't want to lose this baby again. Pls, what do you think is the problem with me and what can i do so as nt to lose this pregnancy.

Pls, i look forward to your reply. Thanks once again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hope all is well with DR ket,

Plz I just started noticing this last month and this month>>>>

Plz DR each time is a week or 2 weeks before my period , i can't hold pee again, and if i drink water i won't stay up to 5 min i must pee,
Meanwhile is not always that way, and if I drink soft like Coke, i can pee up to 4 times before day break,

Pls what cud be the problem as i am worried.

And another thing is that my period is no longer healthy, healthy as in is not flowing as it's suppose.

PLz i don't sweat, i hope all is well with me oh
PLs DR help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by obidia(f): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2009
Dear doctor please what and what should i expect in my last month of pregnancy as a sign that my time is near,am in my 35th week,and in recent time,i usually feel so much inconvenience especially in my tommy.This is my first,does this mean my time is near?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.