Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,327 members, 7,888,043 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:07 PM

Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans (13726 Views)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / The Price Of Garri / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
What was it guys didnt do with bean while on campus.....Beans porridge, beans and Rice, beans and corn, beans and spag, beans and sweet potato/irish potato, jollof and fried beans, beans and garri, pepper soup beans, beans and plantain and d likes!
Guys love beans, just as Gels love Indomie.
Guys can buy a sack of Beans,and a cup of Rice for a whole semester due to flexibility of beans and its cheapness!
But now, Beans has more than double the price of Rice....how do guys go about this new development....what happened?...na the flood?
Make this bean go back to its former price o....guys dey vex o!
Too much of Rice go cause dysentery o!
Whats ur take over the beans matter....do you or not care?

3 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by dubem3(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2012
hey man... last i checked, beans upset ur stomach more than anything else. rice has never treated me badly. nevertheless, i did some beans stunts in my time though some of those u mentioned are alien to me. don't even get me started on what and what beans could do to you. i think u shoulda mentioned that too. i remember i fought a long hard battle with beans when it just decided i shouldn't eat it any longer and i refused...dont even remind me...
as for the price of beans? i dont even know what its like...life in the office and junk over took all that sad

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by emilyone(f): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2012
lol @ pepper soup bean cheesy
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by dont8(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Who in the world takes a gastric induced food like beans as a menu, oops!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by slimming: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
the best for me.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by StellaBella(f): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
no beans for me oooh.
If u give me beans put a side order of xxxxl
ADULT DIAPER follow am.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ayobase(m): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Stella_Bella: no beans for me oooh.
If u give me beans put a side order of xxxxl
ADULT DIAPER follow am.

Seriously?
Ur system is against beans?
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by wandeay: 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
the price has a 150% increase, dats ridiculous!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
eeeerm but how does that affect the price of its complement.. grin grin grin grin

43 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by strangest(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is it only beans that had an increase in price?? What of rice and garri? Seriously, I love moi moi and akara and bread and also beans and soaked garri... It will be disastrous if both prices were increased

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Chanchit: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Beans is not my only concern now o, agege bread sef dey on the verge of overtaking shoprite bread. Cos it seems as if everything is now going from bad to worse in this country.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thank God say na BEANs. If dem tamper with the price of G4 favourite meal, mehn! Ur guess is as good mine.
G4 for life!

3 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Kgdavid(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
the increase in the price of beans is bound to have an effect on the price of garri depending on whether people see it as a substitute good or as a complimentary good. if as a substitue good, this is not good for the economy as people will buy less beans and more garri leading to an increase in the price of garri eventually placin our two good(garri and beans) economy straight on the path to stagflation.

12 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Jabioro: 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
My best food,beans wt me can wt bread,garri,and whatever u can think of.On d price issue,we are at it again.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Tolexander: 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chei! We don suffer for obafemi awolowo hall (awo hall) o. Beans, our traditional food? How are we going to celebrate our 'ewa day' this year my god!

7 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by freecocoa(f): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
It doesn't affect me in any way cos am not a fan of beans but that doesn't change the fact that, the new price is ridiculous.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
My darling beans and garri! I miss u! cry cry
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by avalontony(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
i remember those days in school, beans beans beans beans, i cant help shouting beans again n again. i hope d increase in beans price, wont affect the price of other commodities, like garri.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by tjskii(f): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
My broda,d tin tire me o,befor wen my bros come home from skool,they used to pack all my beans and garri,but now I dey use big padlock lock my storeroom. Na me dey ration d tin giv dem now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by ajf(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Garri nko? Shebi that one never increase? #Justasking...
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Detonatorrex(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
signs of the end grin

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by stanleysneak(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
this is very alarming, i kant do without beans kant jus comprehend. (EWA(.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
Can't remember the last time I cooked beans at home cos of the price increase.but I prefer eating it outside especially ewa agoin which is my favourite and also in form of moi moi and akara.beans na big man food now.

1 Like

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Ishilove: 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
ayobase: What was it guys didnt do with bean while on campus.....Beans porridge, beans and Rice, beans and corn, beans and spag, beans and sweet potato/irish potato, jollof and fried beans, beans and garri, pepper soup beans, beans and plantain and d likes!
You failed to mention 'eba and beans'.
Yep, my uncle's favourite combo grin
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Clerverly: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Una don dey take style wan form Beans Association for Nairaland. When dem start, abeg Seun no banning. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by kokoye(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ishilove:
You failed to mention 'eba and beans'.
Yep, my uncle's favourite combo grin

Liar liar. Na you dey chop this combo.
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Classicalman(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
And how does that affect the price of indomie in the market?
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Classicalman(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
berem: Can't remember the last time I cooked beans at home cos of the price increase.but I prefer eating it outside especially ewa agoin which is my favourite and also in form of moi moi and akara.beans na big man food now.
Hmmmmm....are u sure berem?
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
i dont eat beans alone i eat it with garri i prefer to talk about garri wink
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Alaafialoro(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
I only eat beans once in a while but moi moi is one of my favourite foods,so I m affected because d price of moi moi self don increase!
Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
So how does this affect the price of garri?

Sincerely, it is really affecting me. I went to my favourite bukateria this morning to consume my beans and bread but to my amazement, two spoons were sold for 50 bucks. I had to order twice to finish my 80naira agege bread.

2 Likes

Re: Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans by Reference(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
wandeay: the price has a 150% increase, dats ridiculous!

The sun is on the other side of the planet so its night time. Simple. The middle of the rainy season is when most (not all) crops are planted so expect them to be the most expensive now. Beans harvest starts sometime in the middle of the dry season (I suppose) so hedge your purchases then. The floods will have some effect but on next year's crop. Moreover folks have already factored this into the 2013 pricing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / Which Soup Is Your Best? / How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.