Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,153 members, 7,916,377 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:06 PM

Having an Affair With My Cousin - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Having an Affair With My Cousin (39257 Views)

How Can I Stop My Affair With My Neighbour? / My Affair With A Generous Aristo / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by katie: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2006
OK!
Here's a New York Times article of interest for all of you uninformed individuals!
Marrying and having children with your first cousin does not appear to pose any major threat to your children's health, so you can all stop speculating and moralising!

http://www.geocities.com/luvacuzn4/CousinsMarryingCousins.html

P.S. If I were you, I'd quit the Bible-bashing and get some common sense knocked into you instead.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by funloving(m): 4:20am On Jan 04, 2006
@katie
OK!
Here's a New York Times article of interest for all of you uninformed individuals!
Marrying and having children with your first cousin does not appear to pose any major threat to your children's health, so you can all stop speculating and moralising!

http://www.geocities.com/luvacuzn4/CousinsMarryingCousins.html

are you also having an affair with your cousin ?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by ocho(f): 5:33am On Jan 04, 2006
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by katie: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2006
As it happens, no. I have no cousins worth dating!

And they all live miles away anyway.

But I got interested in the subject because of my friend. In this day and age when we have so many possibilities, I also find it slightly odd to get married to your cousin, but if that's what the lass wants, so be it. I think people opposed the wedding a lot not only because it was her cousin, but because it all happened so suddenley, and there were other issues besides.

But there you go...everyone lives their own life! As long as we're free to decide... smiley
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by yummy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2006
Katie, it's not something proper. let's call it its name 'bad!' on the other hand, if they didn't know they were related and they already had sex, there's no point stopping them. but because they knew they were related, it's very bad!

Some years back, there was a cousin of mine that was sorta getting too close to me, she's so pretty to the extent that guys asks me to hook 'em up. whenever we're at home on the same bad, she starts some rough play and i don't know why i felt irritated at her whenever she starts. Maybe it's because i knew she's ma cousin. the blood relationship won't allow you to be totally free with such person except you never knew you're related.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kaylala(m): 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2006
it could be tempting and crazy.Almost fell 4 that sometimes

But don't try it
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by antonio: 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2006
actually i am with my cousin now we have sex and is talking about getting married and having a kid hopefully a normal one and im in love wiyh her
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by prettyH(f): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2006
Good for you then.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kaylala(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2006
Its you and your crazy world angry

Anyways wellcome to the Land wink
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Scorpio(f): 3:59am On Jan 24, 2006
antonio:

actually i am with my cousin now we have sex and is talking about getting married and having a kid hopefully a normal one and im in love wiyh her
I'm guessin u're not nigerian cool
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by ocho(f): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2006
antonio:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by pixiraver(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2006
una go do d one wey kasala go burst,just like my best friend who started sleeping with his cousin and even slept with the elder one till kasala come burst when the 2 of them found out and the younger one got pregnant for him,they had to abort it,it is so disgusting pls,d same Blood.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by ocho(f): 4:05am On Feb 06, 2006
shocked shocked oh wow!
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by daretayo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2006
Hello, everyone,
I dont think there is anything wrong with it.
Cases are commom in the bible that first cousins got married.
The bible is not against it in any way.
The Late Rotimi Williams (Timi the Law) Married his first cousin against all opposition.
I am also dating my cousin and I just hope to be rich enough to tell te whole world to go to hell when and if they find out.
There is nothing Wrong with dating your cousin.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by elizabeth1(f): 5:32am On Feb 13, 2006
I love my 1st cousin soooooooo much. And I think you would have to be inhuman to just turn off your feelings for someone. Suprisingly it is more common than we think. Also, for those who didn't know, It is not considered incest. If it were we wouldn't be allowed to get married. It was way more common years ago, today though society puts these thoughts in our heads that there is something wrong with liking your cousin. It's hard for people to live thinking that there is something wrong with how they feel, and it just makes me so mad, because in THIS case, there Isn't anything wrong with it.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by daretayo(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2006
Hello , Elizabeth,
Thanks for your post.I agree with you.
Its not incest in anyway. The Bible was really clear about which sexual acts are forbiden.
Acts like
1.Homosexuality
2.Sex with your child
3.Sex with your Fathers wife.
4.Sex with wifes blood sister when your wife is alove.
E.tc.
But there is no place where you were told not to date or have sex with your cousin

In fact its a fact that Jacob married 2 of his fisrt cousins in rapid succession.

And to go islamic I was told by an islamic friend that the quran says you can marry anyone that you did not suck the same breast with.
That my 2 cents
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by daretayo(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2006
For those are are still thinking that dating or even marrying your cousin is odd and sinful please check this link

http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=religion
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by elizabeth1(f): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2006
daretayo I love the whole cousin couples website. It is a great site for people to go to learn more, for ALL people around the world. So I encourage people to check that out.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by DAMMYGLOW(f): 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2006
doing these things with no intention and feelings
is alright as far as am concerned.
but when you have the mind of going further than kissing
then it's bad
be careful wink
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by mobzy205(f): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2006
i agree with u doin anything more than kissing is bad besides u shouldnt have anything to with ur cousin. she is ur blood even a kiss is bad are u that nasty
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by kaylala(m): 9:15am On Feb 16, 2006
undecided
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Bisanke(f): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2006
shocked WONDERS SHALL NEVER END O!!! smiley *shakes head* eh having an affair with my cousin! God forbid laiye laiye ! it will never happen as long as we are still humans.Amo o if that should happen and we both know that we are cousins and we are doing it intentionally and people are talkin and were still continuing with it  ah ,  no comment lipsrsealed
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Rhodalyn(f): 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2006
INCEST!!!!!!!
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by 9ijaMan: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2006
Marrying ones cousin is not disallowed in Islam, neither does the bible say anything against it.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Rhodalyn(f): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2006
it's still not right
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by 9ijaMan: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2006
Rhodalyn,
Abeg make you show us proof say it's not right o! You can't just use ur own personal feeling to claim it's not allowed when non of the major religions has said anything wrong about it. Hence it is morally acceptable for cousins to marry,
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by GENTLETEE(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2006
Dont even think about it.If u don't want to attract curses on your destiny,just fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from such ok!It is a dangerous proposition to contemplate.
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by IykeD1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
My Take:

One's culture and tradition is really the ultimate determinant whether its okay to marry one's cousin
or not. Yes, there is still such a thing as culture and tradition. From what I know, most cultures, at
least in Nigeria and maybe beyond, are okay with it as long as the person you intend on marrying is
not your 3rd cousin or below. Occasionally, one can get a waiver on 3rd cousin. It gets trickier and
there is more family resistance as one moves from 3rd cousin to 2nd cousin. Rest assured, marrying
your 1st cousin will fast track you to an outcast status (I believe this holds true for most of the world).
The level of acceptability within your culture determine whether its called incest or not. That's just the
way it is, it may be contrary to your personal feeling, even if you are madly in love with him or her.

Let's face it, how many parents will be comfortable with their sons marrying their nieces or daughters
marrying their nephews? Its one of those things, regardless of what the current medical research says
about the health of the offsprings of such unions or not. One can't act on every impulse that crosses
the mind. Having said the above, different strokes for different folks. If you want to marry your dad's
ex-wife and make more babies in addition to the ones she had for your dad, more power to you. I am
sure its legal in most places, but its "somehow", you get my drift? If you want to marry your niece or
nephew, go for it, after all, they are not your sisters or brothers, right?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by dolarpo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
hey lets look at this Mr A married Mrs B and gave birth to C who is a guy.
Mr A's cousin Mr D married Mrs E and gave birth to F, a guy/girl who's C's cousin.
Now Mrs E's sista has a priti gal(G) who's F's cousin but aint C's cousin.
the gist is that C has a dash on G who's his cousin's cousin.
Now i don wanna go beyond dis so u guys dont get confused.
pls i wanna know, from those that noe tradition too much and those that noe the bible/quran and law too much and those that noe wats right n wrong.
wat y'all gotta say about this?
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Oracle(m): 3:02am On Jul 29, 2006
Not good at all
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Coco29(f): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2006
this is not just a moral issue, family members can not and should not be with each other it is disgusting, you are family.

or is it one of these nja cousin-because you njas cal anyone ya cousin.

i take cousin as being my aunties children. NASTY angry
Re: Having an Affair With My Cousin by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2006
Coco29:

this is not just a moral issue, family members can not and should not be with each other it is disgusting, you are family.

or is it one of these nja cousin-because you njas cal anyone ya cousin.

i take cousin as being my aunties children. NASTY angry
yeap coco. i feel u. familyis the most important thing on earth and u dont mess with it
dont allow some fake researchers to deceive u probably they r into their cousins. meanwhile if u dont know genes can be traced far more than 2nd generation . just imagine u and ur father's brother's child. maybe u wamt ur children to look like chinese.
and for u daretayo that want to live ur life like rotimi williams well u better start working towards it cos when ur down it is only family that would rescue u probably u dont have gots to scope a girl thats why u choose the easy way out to date ur sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Of 14 Years (Photo) / Ifu Ennada: "I Need A Boyfriend To Date” / Is It Approriate To Ask?: How Many Women/men Have You Slept With Before We Met?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.