Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,140 members, 7,903,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:41 PM

The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan (13255 Views)

Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies / Kill Yourselves And Rot Uncelebrated / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by nduchucks: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
(1) He began the construction of 400 Almajiri schools across the country.

For me, GEJ will have a hat trick if he promotes legislation and forces NASS to pass same, which would mandate primary school education throughout the country. Parents who do not comply should face imprisonment and/or heavy fines.

(2) Great progress in the area of Agriculture

Another area which has been neglected by previous Presidents is Agriculture. OBJ, who saw the enormous profit potential of that area, shamefully built the great Ota farm for his personal gains, instead of promoting such across the country.

Nasarawa state has just pledged to support a $90 million investment, projected to be Africa’s largest rice farm established by Olam Nigeria Limited. The farm will cover 10,000 hectares of fully irrigated commercial farm in Rukubi-Ondorie area of Doma in Nasarawa State.

To support this and other such projects, GEJ's government is quietly resuscitate Abandoned Dams including the Doma dam which will support the said rice farm.

I don't need to say anything about GEJ's support for the Cassava industry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/679290_Alh_GEJ_jpg189e4f18c98a779c467ada63b1c039ce

Sir, wishing madam a quick recovery.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by manmade(m): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Orikinla: The following are some of the Uncelebrated Achievements of President Goodluck Jonathan’s Government
gej adm is solving this thru YOUWIN Programme and other employment generation initiaves.
• Nigerians spend N160 billion annually on university education in Ghana, more than Nigeria’s annual budget for education in 2011.
~ Prof. Ayo Olukotun, Lead City University, Ibadan, Nigeria.

This ws as of d falling standard of education in d country which began as far back as 1983 when d kaki boys took over the govt. Gej has bin trying his best to restore the lost glory infact the govt.universities have not had it so good than this b4, go & ask any lecturer u knw about this .
• 800 companies shut down in Nigeria due to harsh and insecure operating environment.
The problem of epilespy power supply ,u will agree with me that this prob have bin solved by Gej adm.
~ Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) .

• 33 million Nigerians are jobless.
~ Dr. Yemi Kale, Statistician General of the Federation of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Boboedom: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nigerians like misusing opportunities, until there is a clampdown or regulation of social networking, guys will not grow up and stop making a job of unnecessarily critisizing the President of FGN. I don't know when the person and office of the President has become jobs for people, especially Nairalanders.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Jonlafrika:

Is GEJ the only president since 1960? Please can you think in the forward direction a little and then come back and reframe your post.
Nigeria has never been this bad since 1960,get your stats right.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Akainzo(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
poyet: Jhydebaba, was it when GEJ became president that your "just to mentio a few" started? Have you ever thanked God positive facets of the administration?

Hmmmm, now that you are saying this, let me ask you this: Was it when GEJ became President that the integrated Power Project that is delivering improved power today started?

If you can say the improved power that was started earlier during OBJ years is his achievement, why are you now trying to distant hin from this one? shocked
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
dammytosh:

BIASED MINDS. SO HOW DID JONATHAN ALONE CAUSED ALL THIS ?

THE 3 POINTS ABOVE IS A FUNCTION OF THE DECAYED SYSTEM HE MET AND HOPELESSLY CAN NOT DO MUCH ABOUT. IT IS LIKE BLAMING OBAMA ALONE FOR USA's CURRENT ECONOMIC WOES.

I GUESS THIS IS ACN's COMEBACK AFTER THE OBAMA INVITATION LIES grin grin PROPAGANDA.

7 Signs That You're Living in Denial

I Am Above Failure
So you think that you are somehow far too talented, hard-working or knowledgeable and that everything you touch will turn into gold? Sorry to burst your bubble there, but we humans are flawed by nature so that, my friend, I?m afraid that you may just be living in denial if you have such a way of thinking.

It's Impossible to Take Me by Surprise
If you think that being taken by surprise is impossible if you have everything planned then I have one questions: how is life in that fantasy world of yours treating you? Yes, planning ahead is always recommended but thinking that you can actually be able to prepare for absolutely everything is just plain foolish on your part.

If You Want Something Done Right, Do It Yourself
Do you think that others should never be trusted and do you think that, if you want something done right, you should do it yourself? Aren't you giving yourself just a little bit too much credit there? It may just be me, but you most definitely don't strike me as a person with his or her feet on the ground.

I'm Never at Fault
Others are always at fault, aren't they? You keep doing everything right and they just ruin things for you, do they? Sorry to have to say this, but not assuming responsibility is one of the most obvious signs that you are living in denial.

Everything Has an Excuse
"I'm not going to do this because..." "I would have done that, if not for..." Do you somehow manage to find excuses for everything? Good for you, maybe you will find someone who pays you for that, but for the time being, your attitude is yet another sign that you are simply living in a fantasy world.

Everyone Else is Wrong
Are all of the people who don't agree with you clueless? Are they that ignorant, can't they understand your brilliance? I'm sorry but, if that's the way you see things, I am afraid that the problem lies elsewhere. One tip: it's not with everyone else.

It's All One Big Conspiracy I Tell You
Does it seem that everyone and their dog is working against you? Are you just a poor innocent victim in what seems to be one huge conspiracy against you? In that case, have you considered getting some help? No, everyone is not conspiring against you, and it's about time you stopped living in denial and started seeing how things actually stand.

Give it a little thought. Do any of these apply to you?

Written by Alan Johnson, the author of The Online Business Handbook.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
The problem with Nigeria is the Nigerians and GEJ being a Nigerian cannot afford to behave otherwise.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by solomon111(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
chucky234: Nigeria has never been this bad since 1960,get your stats right.
you are a fuccking liar from the pit of hell.
Shame on you.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by jhydebaba(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
poyet: Jhydebaba, was it when GEJ became president that your "just to mentio a few" started? Have you ever thanked God positive facets of the administration?
1. You can't even edit ur post
2. @bolded: list them pls.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: (1) He began the construction of 400 Almajiri schools across the country.

For me, GEJ will have a hat trick if he promotes legislation and forces NASS to pass same, which would mandate primary school education throughout the country. Parents who do not comply should face imprisonment and/or heavy fines.

(2) Great progress in the area of Agriculture

Another area which has been neglected by previous Presidents is Agriculture. OBJ, who saw the enormous profit potential of that area, shamefully built the great Ota farm for his personal gains, instead of promoting such across the country.

Nasarawa state has just pledged to support a $90 million investment, projected to be Africa’s largest rice farm established by Olam Nigeria Limited. The farm will cover 10,000 hectares of fully irrigated commercial farm in Rukubi-Ondorie area of Doma in Nasarawa State.

To support this and other such projects, GEJ's government is quietly resuscitate Abandoned Dams including the Doma dam which will support the said rice farm.

I don't need to say anything about GEJ's support for the Cassava industry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/679290_Alh_GEJ_jpg189e4f18c98a779c467ada63b1c039ce

Sir, wishing madam a quick recovery.
Olusegun Obasanjo
Center for Organic Research and
Development (OOCORD) was launched in May,2007 . The Centre
develops research and knowledge
exchange on sustainable, organic
agricultural systems to address the
duel needs of food security and
incomes in Africa. Collaboration and
information exchange with other
institutions is expected to strengthen
OOCORD’s functions.
OBJ also initiated a "Green
Revolution", distributing seed and
fertilliser to farmers to increase nation-wide productivity in farming.
On economic growth and debt payment:
Before Obasanjo's administration
Nigeria's GDP growth had been
painfully slow since 1987, and only
managed 3% between 1999/2000.
However, under Obasanjo the growth
rate doubled to 6% until he left office,
helped in part by higher oil prices.
Nigeria's foreign reserves rose from $2billion in 1999 to $43 billion on leaving office in 2007. He was able to secure debt pardons from the Paris and London club amounting to some $18 billion and paid another $18 Billion to be debt free. Most of these loans were secured and spent by past corrupt officials before OBJ.
Today Nigeria domestic debt stand at N6.21tn while foreign reserve is just at $9bn,OBJ performed exceptionally if compare to the present administration especially in the area of corruption and financial management.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by garrigangster: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
chucky234: Olusegun Obasanjo
OOCORD’s functions.
OBJ also initiated a "Green
Revolution", distributing seed and
fertilliser to farmers to increase nation-wide productivity in farming.
On economic growth and debt payment:
Before Obasanjo's administration
Nigeria's GDP growth had been
painfully slow since 1987, and only
managed 3% between 1999/2000.
However, under Obasanjo the growth
rate doubled to 6% until he left office,
helped in part by higher oil prices.
Nigeria's foreign reserves rose from $2billion in 1999 to $43 billion on leaving office in 2007. He was able to secure debt pardons from the Paris and London club amounting to some $18 billion and paid another $18 Billion to be debt free. Most of these loans were secured and spent by past corrupt officials before OBJ.
Today Nigeria domestic debt stand at N6.21tn while foreign reserve is just at $9bn,OBJ performed exceptionally if compare to the present administration especially in the area of corruption and financial management.
Dumbo. OBJ spent 8 years in Power
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by skyflash(m): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fools, the money spent by fool who send their kids to Ghana to study were they studying in nigeria b4 GEJ send them to Ghana? The 800 companys that closed were they working b4 GEJ closed them down? And the 30m jobless people were all working b4 GEJ made them jobless nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
solomon111: you are a fuccking liar from the pit of hell.
Shame on you.
Your post tells your age,I don't expect you to compare the present and the past administrations since you were born in 1990.
If your history teacher taught you in one of his history classes that GEJ administration is better than any of the past administration then mention the tenure so we can debate it,also explain why GEJ administration is better.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
garri_gangster:
Too much garri is bad for ailing brain,what GEJ has done in the power sector so far is continuation and fine-tuning as 78% of the project were laid down by OBJ.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by garrigangster: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
chucky234: Too much garri is bad for ailing brain,what GEJ has done in the power sector so far is continuation and fine-tuning as 78% of the project were laid down by OBJ.
Mungo Park, i dont intend trading words with you as i can see your crticism has no iota of objectivity. Learn to give credit to whom it is due so that IF you manage to get to the top, you wont be deprived of it.

1 Like

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Elueme: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hmmmmm! I can see Gbawe and co have started drooling again.. What a shallow topic created to CRITICISE without proferring any alternative.. But may I ask if any of the above problems were created by GEJ? But don't let your hearts be troubled, the man will try his best in fixing as much as he can..
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by nduchucks: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
chucky234: Olusegun Obasanjo
OOCORD

One would hope that if your otherwise "good " child ends up rapi ng his cousins, daughters in laws, and other strangers, yoi'll be moral enough to admit that he is a rap ist.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
It's only the dumb that will expect any meaningful acheivement from the retardeen..governing a country like ours isn't kai-kai competition.

1 Like

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by garrigangster: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Demdem: It's only the dumb that will expect any meaningful acheivement from the retardeen..governing a country like ours isn't kai-kai competition.
Try to make sense for once abeg

4 Likes

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Felixjude(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dont u guys ever get tired of criticising GeJ?GEJ this,GEJ that...yet evry topic abt him atracts thousands of views......sum clowns here do expect GEJ 2serve dem 3square meal a day......abeg neeeexxxxxtttt
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
garri_gangster:
Too much ga:rri is bad for ailing brain,what GEJ has done in the power sector so far is continuation and fine-tuning as 78% of the project were laid down by OBJ.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
garri_gangster:
Try to make sense for once abeg

Do u think am here to satisfy ur apetite? Write ur views and let me also.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Akainzo(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
skyflash: Fools, the money spent by fool who send their kids to Ghana to study were they studying in nigeria b4 GEJ send them to Ghana? The 800 companys that closed were they working b4 GEJ closed them down? And the 30m jobless people were all working b4 GEJ made them jobless nonsense.

OLodo! NO they were not working, they were already closed just that the closure was announced in 2012 shocked :0, By the way, everybody who is in their First year in a Ghana university have renounced their Nigerian citizenship, just so we claim all Nigerians schooling in Ghana were there before GEJ came into power.

While you are it, all the bad roads in Nigeria were like that pre-GEJ, all have not detoriated a single bit since GEJ came into power.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
garri_gangster:
Mungo Park, i dont intend trading words with you as i can see your crticism has no iota of objectivity. Learn to give credit to whom it is due so that IF you manage to get to the top, you wont be deprived of it.
what credit and to whom?
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Op dumb post and poster...Show me any problem Gej is facing now that Obj and his likes didnt face! So, stop making it seem like Gej created all these problems. Unemployment, corruption, terrorism etc have all been existing in d country before GEJ. The Country was already in shiit and total chaos when d Ijaw man took over power, so dont expect him to tidy a problem created for over 40yrs ago in jus 8yrs
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by naijapatriot: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin cool cool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Omoadugbo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
PICTURES FROM MTN MOBILE MONEY LAUNCH IN NIGERIA FROM IBADAN

Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by delvinmaya(m): 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
una must fear nigerians.everybody must talk 2 show say him sabi. Painful dat @op has decided to reveal his foolishness,pls in a couple a months time,do post anoda of dis crap so we know u r still alive n jobless
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by PointB: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
What is the source of Prof. Ayo Olukotun figure? Did the Ghanaians publish this figures? Can we have the link, or we should just trust the Prof? And beside how is even the fault of the same President that is being faulted by opposition parties for establishing more universities to accommodate more students?

The Nigerian Association of Chambers of
Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture
(NACCIMA) are reporting closure of businesses while, the Manufacturer Association of Nigeria earlier reported that more businesses opened and some expanded. They also reported very huge turnover in income, alluding this to removal of several bottlenecks in the system. But of course our resident hypocrite, he is only interested in scoring cheap point for AC.N by mis-informing Nairalanders about GEJ.

I think MAN, and NICCIMA should reconcile their figures to deal with the confusion!
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Where were all these people when the military were plunging the economy into woes[/size]
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Aringon(m): 8:06am On Sep 13, 2012
These are all arm-critics just like their godfather(The Publicity Secretary of ACN), I am suffering today along Lekki-Epe expressway, somebody forcefully planted a toll gate making over 13 million daily and making people to suffer in traffic. Now tell me, if it were to be ACN on that seat will they do better? No lie, they wont, the godfather would hv sold Nigeria to the highest bidder.
Re: The Most Uncelebrated Achievements Of President Goodluck Jonathan by Omen100(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2012
One of the most uncelebrated & unachievable achievement of pres. jonathan is the renaming of University of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram: Deported Nigerien Vows To Return / N88bn compensation: FG yet to pay us — Biafra war victims / Vacate Your Positions Now Instead Of Staging Protests, APC Tells Saraki, Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.