Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,530 members, 7,905,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? (930 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? / "You Are Not Far From The Kingdom Of God" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by bbpreye2: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2012
Pls NL's u need to help me on this. I feel like praying but a voice tells me that am wasting my time, its not helping me at all.
Pls advice me
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by ijawkid(m): 7:58am On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls NL's u need to help me on this. I feel like praying but a voice tells me that am wasting my time, its not helping me at all.
Pls advice me

Are u not the garri movement adherent??lol...

Don't stop praying....its d only free thing we got in this wicked world...don't give up...

2 Likes

Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by Image123(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2012
a voice?
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by vislabraye(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2012
If you draw closer to God he will draw closer to you.
You just need to persist in ur hunger for God because he'll reveal himself to you. He's faithful.
Warning: Beware of atheists
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by plappville(f): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2012
You have problem to know which voice is that?
All you need do is keep praying, do not listen to such voice. Search ur heart make sure u are not walking half with God and half with Satan (two face knife) if not you must not relent or giveup.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by k2039: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2012
I think what you need is to reignite your passion for serving God.
It's really important to read your Bible .
I gnore the voice,spend some time (more than a few minutes) in the morning and evening, on your knees, in prayer to God, every day.
Rest in Him. Let go of your fears to Him, even the one that you can't get close to Him.
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by OmoAlata(f): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls advice me

Everytime of the day, pray thus (over and over and over again):

Oh Lord, anoint me to pray without ceasing in Jesus name Amen.

Make it your daily mantra. In due course, you will be able to flow in prayers. God bless Amen.
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by CrazyMan(m): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls advice me
Jeremiah 29:14.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

God is willing to hear you out, but you have to devote more time for him. Most Christians experience difficulties in their prayer life because they neglect their quiet time with God.

Therefore I would suggest that if you haven't been doing your quiet time, endeavor to start it...the voice you heard is probably your mind talking. Your spirit hasn't been spiritually fed for ages so whenever you try to feed it lazily, it ends up vomiting your half baked prayers. Hence the voice you heard.

But like stated earlier, endavour to spend quality time with God, and I believe that your life would become a testimony.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls advice me
does that voice have a connotation of condemnation?
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by lollarj(f): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls advice me

Its called the 3rd voice.
Its a voice that tells you you're worthless and urges you to do destructive things to other pipu, physically and emotionally.
3rd voice is the 'voice' in the head of most schizophrenia victims.

How do u know its 3rd voice ?
Its the loudest voice with the proudest tone.

Rebuke it !
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by manmustwac(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
Pls advice me
The voice in your head is your subconscious mind telling you that all this praying is just a BIG WASTE of your precious time. You need to think of practical ways to solve your problems because all this closing your eyes and talking to yourself will never solve anything
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by bbpreye2: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
The voice keeps reminding me about various sins av been commiting and telling me that what's the need when did this and that thing the other day! Its really affecting my prayer life!

Sex, I heard it distances u from God. How true is that?
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:
The voice keeps reminding me about various sins av been commiting and telling me that what's the need when did this and that thing the other day! Its really affecting my prayer life!

this voice of condemnation is what is making you miserable and FEELING distance from God. Rom 8.1 simply says NO CONDEMNATION 4 u in Christ and you know what its by faith not by sight or feeling.
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by OmoAlata(f): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:

Well, sex outside marriage wink Say no more, Say no more.
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by CrazyMan(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
.bbpreye:

Stop languishing in agony and take a step of faith. Get down on your kneels and ask Jesus to come into your life...say a prayer of confession to him and I'm sure her would forgive you.

He's a loving God and his word is ever true.

Good luck. smiley
Re: I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 14, 2012
.bbpreye:

again ask yourself, while you were YET in your sin, God loved you and forgave you in Christ, NOW that you WERE righteous by faith in Christ finished work from the foundation of the world, why glorify sin by acknowledging it instead of His righteousness freely given as a gift?

(1) (Reply)

Human Incarnation Of God – Christian – Hindu- Muslim View / Pagan Origin Of Easter. Do You Really Know The Meaning Of Easter / Is Sex After Traditional Marriage A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.