Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,130 members, 7,943,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:27 AM

Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port (14973 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / We Arrested Many Boko Haram Members In Lagos –former GOC / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Sxsells: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
Crazy driver, crazy force! They shld all go roast in hell
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ignis: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nigerian soldiers are just heartless. They treat civilian as if they are not human beings. This is the reason while militant groups like boko haram are rising and fighting them.

1 Like

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ORAFA(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Some id.iots here will rant cluelessly and senselessly too. Do u knw wat d driver said b4 they clamped down on him? Sum of u just hear a one-sided story and draw up conclusions. How many of u can say d rubbish u've said abt d army even 20yrds away from an unarmed soldier backing u? NONE! And u cum here to run ur mouths. If u think US soldiers can protect u beta, id.iot, pack ur stuff and go to NY or u can try Afghanistan.... Bloody goats. Auwa! He should sit on d gravel for 5hrs. Dat way others will learn. IF U FEEL OFFENDED, BRUSH UR MOUTH WITH ACID AND FEEL BETA.....Long Live NIGERIAN ARMY.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Shaw007(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
vislabraye:

Our soldiers can be anything but coward. They're the best fighting msachines in Africa.
American soldiers are not necessarily better than ours, they're more equipped.
I don't support the violence though.
okay. . .dont u think they shud be showing up their 'expertise' on more pressing enemies like BH 4 instance,instead of some washed up truck driver?

And American soldiers are not just more equiped,they are also smarter and more sensible

and i dont really feel sorry for the driver because,except in Interstates(where i bliv speed rules) within the city or town,those truck drivers drive ruthlessly as if it's their father's land not mindful of other vehicles whatsoever,infact there are cases i'v seen smaller vehicles vacate the road completely for these trucks! In this i might be wrong though!!
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by VolvoS60(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yet another example (if the news report is true) of how Nigeria's military personnel continue to disgrace the uniform. Time and time again.

Cases like these are the expected outcomes of decades of military rule and a perverse sense of entitlement, fostered and encouraged in the military academies and the barracks. angry

Nigerians need to make up their minds on the kind of society they want. Despite the senselessness of these recurring attacks by soldiers on civilians, there is always some sociopath somewhere on these NL boards excusing their actions.

The choice is ours. We can either end up with a society run by laws or we end up with a jungle in which the animals with the biggest tusks always win.

4 Likes

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by bigmaut: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
vislabraye:

Our soldiers can be anything but coward. They're the best fighting msachines in Africa.
what do u mean nigerian soldier are bettr than american?what criteria are u using if u are well train & not equip then u are no soldier but a civilian
how many war hav nigerian army fought & worn?
How many present day generals tested baptism of fire,how many fought d civil war ,what feat did they achieve b4 been promoted 2 general none an american Lt.col is more respected than a nigerian general?
can yu said they are dscipline thhey beat up civilians every now & then including their wives.can u imagine six soldiers beaten one unarmed civilian,wher is proportionate force?is that a fair contest?whre hav u heard that american army sieze power,overthrown a civillian govt. in their 250 yrs history of america?vilabraye think b4 u talk

2 Likes

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by DeCleff(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
omoredia: Good for him. If it wasn't a military officer's car I'm sure the driver will be claiming right and Insulting the offended owner. Nigerians are so indiciplined and need iron handed approch!

Quote from Fela kuti
My people are useless
My people are senselee
My people are indiscipline.

Na Nigeria government ooooo
Them dey talk be that

1 Like

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by vislabraye(m): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
ignis: Nigerian soldiers are just heartless. They treat civilian as if they are not human beings. This is the reason while militant groups like boko haram are rising and fighting them.

Nigerian soldiers are not the cause of Boko Haram O. Who says BH are fighting against the army? They are fighting against every body. BH has not just cause for fighting. Leave them out of this.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
I'll reserve my comment until I have more information to work with. Take away the military and Nigeria is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by jumpmasta(m): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
OzReal:

Absolute drivel! angry Most of our soldiers are nothing but thugs in uniform. One more thing, Nigerian soldiers are inferior to American soldiers in discipline and professionalism, period. We don't even need to talk about weaponry. angry
what of you bloody civilians...?in what way can u measure up to an American civilian...?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by jumpmasta(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
vislabraye: The soldiers may have gone to the extreme and shldnt be supported. However there are always two sides of the story.
May be some of you don't know how reckless these truck drivers are. If they hit you, you would feel like cursing them. If they hit a car driven by a woman, they'll chance her.
Many of the go slow in Lagos is caused by their recklessness. They can be very careless.
Soldiers can be very civilized. Hardly do you see them (xcept some cases ) brutalizing people except provoked
may God bless u joooor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by vislabraye(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Shaw007: okay. . .dont u think they shud be showing up their 'expertise' on more pressing enemies like BH 4 instance,instead of some washed up truck driver?

And American soldiers are not just more equiped,they are also smarter and more sensible

and i dont really feel sorry for the driver because,except in Interstates(where i bliv speed rules) within the city or town,those truck drivers drive ruthlessly as if it's their father's land not mindful of other vehicles whatsoever,infact there are cases i'v seen smaller vehicles vacate the road completely for these trucks! In this i might be wrong though!!

Who are the BH members? Do they carry an ID card or a placard that says I am BH.
Dealing with BH is for the Intelligence. If the soldiers are fed with info they would do their job. The problem with BH is just politics.
Let's talk about the invincible marines and soldiers. Do you think they go to any battle without info from the CIA? How long did it take them to get Osama? Was it just the skill of the marines.
Let's face the issue on ground.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by jumpmasta(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
ignis: Nigerian soldiers are just heartless. They treat civilian as if they are not human beings. This is the reason while militant groups like boko haram are rising and fighting them.
Rising and fighting dem or killing u brainless idiots that run their mouth against the military
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by KDULAR: 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
REPLYING SOME POSTS ON nl ESPECIALLY WHEN IT INVOLVES NIGERIAN MILITARY IS LIKE PAYING COGNISANCE TO WHAT A MAD MAN NAMED SHINE WHO ROAMED THE STREETS OF ABEOKUTA IN THE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Shaw007(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
vislabraye:

Who are the BH members? Do they carry an ID card or a placard that says I am BH.
Dealing with BH is for the Intelligence. If the soldiers are fed with info they would do their job. The problem with BH is just politics.
Let's talk about the invincible marines and soldiers. Do you think they go to any battle without info from the CIA? How long did it take them to get Osama? Was it just the skill of the marines.
Let's face the issue on ground.
u think those people dont know who these boko haram ppl are?? U thought wrong o!! HOw did obasanjo locate them for a visit,and was it not Mr.Abati who said they didnt want 2 'deal' with boko-haram because there wud be 2 much casualties,sometin that wud av been just minimal,not even up 2 the nmbr of ppl killed 2day if they had taken care of this early
. .. I'm telling you,if they really wanted 2 wipe this Ppl Off,they cud really do it in one sweep

and about the Americans,i agree +100 with you,that was why i said they are more intelligent and smarter,i meant their infocenter when i said that,when i said 'American soldiers' i didnt really mean it literally like dat,i was talking in a General respect,
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Opoki(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
vislabraye:

Guy, you can say that again, Nigeria has the 3rd best combatant after Isreal and Russia.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by jumpmasta(m): 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
bigmaut:
what do u mean nigerian soldier are bettr than american?what criteria are u using if u are well train & not equip then u are no soldier but a civilian
How many present day generals tested baptism of fire,how many fought d civil war ,what feat did they achieve b4 been promoted 2 general none an american Lt.col is more respected than a nigerian general?
can yu said they are dscipline thhey beat up civilians every now & then including their wives.can u imagine six soldiers beaten one unarmed civilian,wher is proportionate force?is that a fair contest?whre hav u heard that american army sieze power,overthrown a civillian govt. in their 250 yrs history of america?vilabraye think b4 u talk
You really have a big mouth as ur name implies...but if you can spend time to work on your grammer..maybe you wont be as dumb headed as your name implies...Baptism of fire indeed!!!!!!Dumbskull[color=#990000][/color] tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
They are a bunch of ignorant cowards! These are the people meant to be protecting us and just because of guns they think they are above the law. Well God dey, everyman oppressing his fellow men will reap his reward sooner or later.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by lastpage: 12:11am On Sep 14, 2012
ORAFA: Some id.iots here will rant cluelessly and senselessly too. Do u knw wat d driver said b4 they clamped down on him? Sum of u just hear a one-sided story and draw up conclusions. How many of u can say d rubbish u've said abt d army even 20yrds away from an unarmed soldier backing u? NONE! And u cum here to run ur mouths. If u think US soldiers can protect u beta, id.iot, pack ur stuff and go to NY or u can try Afghanistan.... Bloody goats. Auwa! He should sit on d gravel for 5hrs. Dat way others will learn. IF U FEEL OFFENDED, BRUSH UR MOUTH WITH ACID AND FEEL BETA.....Long Live NIGERIAN ARMY.

^^^^^Hear this one! All muscle and no brain!
A Typical example of what is being discussed!
Only a complete Eediot would rather people "fear him" than for people to "respect him"

The Army should not be feared (as a result of brutality, like a beast)...but should be respected, (showcase discipline, self control, maturity, public decorum and respect for the rule of law)

Mtcheew

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Pakavy(m): 12:15am On Sep 14, 2012
so even general dey use tokunboh car?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Jettage: 12:16am On Sep 14, 2012
Are they not all Idiots. Ordinary Bakkassi, we begged Cameroon and settle out of court. Nigerian soldiers have never fought a war after Biafra which they lost They have become professional in assaulting common citizen while earning salaries from their heavy tax imposed by rulers and Tyrants. I hate the fact that they are too close to human beings because they act like beast. they are just too arrogant and uneducated about their profession, why am i not surprised they are all together illiterates. The Officer must not take over the helm of affairs, He should be dealt with by the appropriate laws (If there is a law)
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by Pakavy(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2012
jumpmasta:
You really have a big mouth as ur name implies...but if you can spend time to work on your grammer..maybe you wont be as dumb headed as your name implies...Baptism of fire indeed!!!!!!Dumbskull[color=#990000][/color] tongue tongue tongue tongue
d guy na ahua nah,wetin concern depot NA and english syllables
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by vislabraye(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2012
bigmaut:

You're the one who does not think before talking or typing. If u understand English very well I never said Nigerian army is better than US. Probably they are but that's not where I am going to.
I never supported his violent act. Can't you read and comprehend or am I speaking a different language?

The soldier may have overreacted but he was provoked. Try and see both sides of the story. If a trailer hits your car would you take it lightly?
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by naptu2: 1:01am On Sep 14, 2012
There is no excuse for such barbarism. The soldiers who allegedly carried out this act should be arrested and prosecuted. However, there are some things that are not quite right in this story.

1) The headline makes it seem like the GOC physically assaulted the driver, but in the body of the story we discover that the GOC was not physically present at the scene of the accident.

2) How did the eye witnesses or the journalist know that the soldiers called or spoke to the GOC?

1 Like

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by OzReal(m): 1:23am On Sep 14, 2012
jumpmasta:
what of you bloody civilians...?in what way can u measure up to an American civilian...?

Look at this empty barrel spewing nonsense here. angry You are probably one of those bullies that call themselves soldiers. I really cannot blame you; you are the product of a system that needs complete reorientation on some of the watchwords of a professional organization such as an Army : discipline and professionalism. I'm quite sure these two words are alien to you angry
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by OzReal(m): 1:29am On Sep 14, 2012
ORAFA: Some id.iots here will rant cluelessly and senselessly too. Do u knw wat d driver said b4 they clamped down on him? Sum of u just hear a one-sided story and draw up conclusions. How many of u can say d rubbish u've said abt d army even 20yrds away from an unarmed soldier backing u? NONE! And u cum here to run ur mouths. If u think US soldiers can protect u beta, id.iot, pack ur stuff and go to NY or u can try Afghanistan.... Bloody goats. Auwa! He should sit on d gravel for 5hrs. Dat way others will learn. IF U FEEL OFFENDED, BRUSH UR MOUTH WITH ACID AND FEEL BETA.....Long Live NIGERIAN ARMY.

The way some people reason is quite staggering; for god sake, your rant is disturbing. You're totally missing the point; an Army is not to be feared by the citizenry which it has been set up to defend from external aggressors, but to be respected. An Army should be feared by its enemies, not its citizenry.
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by lacasa: 2:25am On Sep 14, 2012
Just Illiterate ogogoro stinking baboons in dirty algae lookin khaki grin

I can never be a soldier or navy or anything like dat in Nigeria/Africa grin

Dats wher they αve courage,

In Peacekeeeping mission, they r an embarassment

In fighting boko, they r an embarassment

They r just ZOMBIE!

1 Like

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by saleeh: 3:12am On Sep 14, 2012
naija mentality
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:16am On Sep 14, 2012
jumpmasta:
Mr QUEEN's SPECIAL ADVISER ON GRAMMATICAL MATTERs, do you mind facing his logic and not English. None of us is an English man. The JAPANESE and CHINESE doesn't speak or write English, yet they are almost coming par with your England and Yankee Economically.

2 Likes

Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by charles424(m): 6:14am On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: even some of this truck drivers always drive as if the own the road,maybe today nemesis just caught u with him.

Very correct !!
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by miracleoscar(m): 6:15am On Sep 14, 2012
Animal in human skin
Re: Army GOC Batters Truck Driver At Tincan Port by miracleoscar(m): 6:15am On Sep 14, 2012
Animals in human skin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Using Fake Military Uniforms - Beware / UNICAL Works Director Swept-Away By Flood / EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.