Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram (13484 Views)

Water Fuelled Cars May Replace Petrol Cars In Future / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi / Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chidex2442: I strongly believe dat baba has a hand in dis boko haram package! Dnt be suprised if u see him by 2015 contesting 4 presidency grin grin
him dey mad?
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by NovusHomo(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Very true.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by SundayTayo: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
obj is right,bad leadership is one of d causal of d crisis bt as he was one of the creator,product of these nemesis he should try to make it right
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by thelastPope(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
Its obvious that the key personnel in BH are trained fighters and they are not really poor. They are just indoctrinated. Lack of job will not make someone to do suicide bombing. What will he gain from it? Illiteracy is a factor because that can lead to easy indoctrination. OBJ might have his issues but he is spot on on this. Obama said yesterday that Egypt was no an ally of the US. A f00lish statement that rightly received much bashing. Why turn an ally into an unknown enemy. The Arab spring will go down as one of the biggest blunders of Obama. It has already claimed an american ambassador.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Chidex2442(m): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Garri_Activist: him dey mad?
Baba is a very greedy man i bet u he can do it
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Garri_Activist: Baba iyabo, mr 'jagajag', baba idris abdullkareem, OBJ, right on point....

But baba Oo, if it's bad leadership, corruption, unemployment, lack of education etc that is fuelling boko haram, dat means you're main cause because you are the champion of corruption in naija.

If I be you ehhn, I go just siddon for corner dey hide my head.
Right on point. You see we all are culprits. The system has turned us all into thieves. Both civilians and politician are culprits in the sad state of the country. A man complaining of corrupt leaders who also share from the loots the state gvt workers enjoy at the ministeries is also part of the corruption we're fighting. Atimes workers at ministerial level,local gvt share money whch shld be an allocation for road construction. A student who cheat and bribe lecturers to pass,parents who pay their children's way into universities,traders who sell goods at outrageous prices. All of us are culprits. Difference is just figures. Politicians steal billions,we steal thousands. Transformation starts from grassroots. Voting for credible people and not out of tribal,ethnic,religious and other selfish reasons is a first.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
1025: is this a kind of madness or what? can't this man go and keep quiet for once.

If you don't have a meaningful way to debunk his comments...why not just keep quiet?
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by deols(f): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
he is right about everything said.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
maryjames9: Ok,i'm sure you have a point against that of OBJ. You must be more experienced,vast,lucid and intelligent than OBJ in terms of local and international politics than OBJ. My advice 4 u is this boy; when an elder stateman talk,you pay attention and listen. Dont argue

Kai shege!! dan inska! grin cheesy grin Love your sarcasm.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by tochilastborn(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
tellwisdom: What an elder sees while sitting, might not be seen by a child while standing!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by IleIfe2(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
Shiyoo, Igbayi laaro.you use to be there. btw some states have #900,000,000 million for hajj in a year but no money for education and other basic amenities.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by TheLokI: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
make e no be lyk say i see dz thread and i no comment grin
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Oyaps: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Even though am not a fan of obj, i believe he gave a correct analysis of the contemporary issue. America expidited the fall of Ghadafi and they are now paying for it,no wonder america is not in hurry to facilliate the fall of Assab;and they believe that America and not-arab allies will hand off Syria
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Babaji111(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
OBJ, OBJ....Interesting.Please tell us more.If you talk too much about a certain critical situation, it may seem you are playing a role in the game. undecided
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
maryjames9: Right on point. You see we all are culprits. The system has turned us all into thieves. Both civilians and politician are culprits in the sad state of the country. A man complaining of corrupt leaders who also share from the loots the state gvt workers enjoy at the ministeries is also part of the corruption we're fighting. Atimes workers at ministerial level,local gvt share money whch shld be an allocation for road construction. A student who cheat and bribe lecturers to pass,parents who pay their children's way into universities,traders who sell goods at outrageous prices. All of us are culprits. Difference is just figures. Politicians steal billions,we steal thousands. Transformation starts from grassroots. Voting for credible people and not out of tribal,ethnic,religious and other selfish reasons is a first.
and I'm afraid the grass roots are all full of the ethnic, tribal, religious sentiments. So it's gona a herculean task bruv! God help naija!!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by manosteel(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
How quickly had this man forgotten where he was coming from, it's unguarded utterances like this that landed him in Kirikiri maximum prison when Abacha thought he was becoming a threat to the state of the Nation.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
We are blaming libya crisis for our failure to deal with common issue. Before libya crisis this group existed they must av gotten stronger recently, but let's not over look the fact, even if libya arms made it to our country then it did so with the aid of some of our politicians
They re the real problem

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by ejifranks(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Babaoooo...We would never have a ruler like you.. so knowledgeable grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Builder: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
rash47:

Gerrout...what do you know about international politics? Baba dissected the issue very well;[b]bad leadership,illiteracy and corruption [/b]prepare the ground for Ghaddafi's militiamen running sahara south to find abode in the haramist enclave. Mind you baba is not in the class of your shoeless president or any former living head of state when it comes to issues like this.

i agree with the bolded statement, but saying Gadafi fall are the reason for boko harem is just pure and concentrated madness. These people's right have been sytemantically blocked from the main stream society. Their rights, opportunities and resources eg housing, employment, healthcare, civic engagement, democratic participation and due process have been flushed down the drain of social civilisation and with the rate at which things are going the Nigerian youths will soon join their ranks... the rate at which youths are been excluded from the society is mind blowing.... one need to look at the last WAEC results to find out why and yet, you guess right, we blame gadaffi fall
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Babaken(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
[/color]
na2day!:
Baba Iyaba is on point!
Only a fool will not see the link between the issue and proliferation of military grade weapons in Nigeria.
Baba, it's not only Boko haram o!
Daredevil armed bandits and kidnappers are also beneficiaries of Ghaddafi's desert munition largesse angry
[color=]
na2day!:
Baba Iyaba is on point!
Only a fool will not see the link between the issue and proliferation of military grade weapons in Nigeria.
Daredevil armed bandits and kidnappers are also beneficiaries of Ghaddafi's desert munition largesse angry
na2day!:
Baba Iyaba is on point!
most nigerians hate truth that is just all, is de any thing wrong in what he just said those of you that are running your mouth.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by xcubed(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
1025: is this a kind of madness or what? can't this man go and keep quiet for once.

You just disgraced yourself bro, what he said is true and well put, any intelligent person that reads before opening his/her mouth would have understood that. But I guess that is not the case for you.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by jaso1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
OBJ is suffering from injection gave to him in his years in military. This disease affected him towards betraying Yoruba race by quickly accepted presidential ticket under mafia's that kill Abiola and June 12. He pretends to be Abiola loyalist when he’s not, OBJ in his known character, a desperado quickly said Abiola was not a messiah as a condition for getting the presidential ticket.
Did Nigerians ever ask him why he utters such condemnation word for person he once believe in his future presidency?
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Baawaa(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: so why did it take baba this long to open up? He opened up after EDRIS attacked him.
Guy return that IGBO(INDIAN HELM)back to edris,if you don't that means u want enter market be dat grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by bellafonte: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
I only picked one line to suspect in objs speech. Dat there is a connection bw boko haram and the dead U.S ambassador, he is only givin d U.S reason to wnt to snd troops to northern 9ja... And small small their troops will find reason to enta southern 9ja and sit on our oil which is their target... Y do dey alwz hv legit reasons to invade oil rich nations(iraq,afghanistan now 9ja)...my point is Plz obj u.s ambassador died in libya not 9ja they are usin yu to enta us now abi... I can smell d conspiracy a mile away... Wake up pple!!!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by gidiMonsta(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
OBJ is right on point with this statement. The original BH (pre 2009) was a result of the social issues plaguing Nigeria especially the north. The Shekau led BH is nothing but an extension of AQIM who were well funded with weapons and resources by NATO during the battle against Ghaddafi.

The foot soldiers and the suicide bombers are just brainwashed minions who are the offspring of our failed social system, the top commanders that pull the strings are AQIM members who do not even reside in Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Kx: 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is someone missing the presidential attention he used to have?
How come OBJ is becoming very vocal suddenly-from farouk/otedola to N5000 note to this?
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hmnn....so the chickens are coming home to roost for the american govt!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by idlaw2k3(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
jas_o: OBJ is suffering from injection gave to him in his years in military. This disease affected him towards betraying Yoruba race by quickly accepted presidential ticket under mafia's that kill Abiola and June 12. He pretends to be Abiola loyalist when he’s not, OBJ in his known character, a desperado quickly said Abiola was not a messiah as a condition for getting the presidential ticket.
Did Nigerians ever ask him why he utters such condemnation word for person he once believe in his future presidency?
No wonder you keep failing JAMB and WAEC.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Seth89(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Y cnt u guys face d points mentioned by OBJ? As far am am stil a Nigerian OBJ stil remain d best president...
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Tpaparazy(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
a stupid former president talking about; insecurity, lack of job, illitracy etc. what did he do bf now to aleviate these problem during his time? or these problems came up in this tenure? he know he is d cause of most of these problem. during his time he was busy lutting tru nepa, nnpc etc. he too dy talk this time, maybe he will die soon.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by greaterlove(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
maryjames9: Right on point. You see we all are culprits. The system has turned us all into thieves. Both civilians and politician are culprits in the sad state of the country. A man complaining of corrupt leaders who also share from the loots the state gvt workers enjoy at the ministeries is also part of the corruption we're fighting. Atimes workers at ministerial level,local gvt share money whch shld be an allocation for road construction. A student who cheat and bribe lecturers to pass,parents who pay their children's way into universities,traders who sell goods at outrageous prices. All of us are culprits. Difference is just figures. Politicians steal billions,we steal thousands. Transformation starts from grassroots. Voting for credible people and not out of tribal,ethnic,religious and other selfish reasons is a first.
i agree with you 100%
on the post i think baba really said it all. he is looking at the broader picture and not just the internal factors. an unrest in libya and egypt affects us indirectly. I think the AU should play a greater role in these regions and work out a plan to control the uprising. we have seen how rebel activities easily spread across borders in eastern and central africa, so a tougher stand should be taken to control the spread of weapons from especially libya to other parts of africa.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by stillme(m): 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Baba has spoken well. The fall of Ghaddafi fuelled boko haram,as well as illteracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose / Again, Court Summons Emefiele Over $53m Judgment Debt / FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.