Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,135 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:13 PM

Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram (13495 Views)

Water Fuelled Cars May Replace Petrol Cars In Future / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi / Fleeing Ghaddafi Forces And Officials Are In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by greaterlove(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tpaparazy: a stupid former president talking about; insecurity, lack of job, illitracy etc. what did he do bf now to aleviate these problem during his time? or these problems came up in this tenure? he know he is d cause of most of these problem. during his time he was busy lutting tru nepa, nnpc etc. he too dy talk this time, maybe he will die soon.
you have every right to your views, but on this topic obj is right, if on leaving your house a madman calls ur attention to your unzipped trouser will you discard him? please i am not saying obj is a mad man, he is a man i respect even though i dont agree with some of his policies and decisions when he was president but on this issue and his comment on it i totally agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by hbrednic: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
OBJ is right 200%

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by amaba: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
I MUST CONFESS OLD AGE IS TELLING ON HIM. BOKO HARAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ARAB SPRINGS.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
Zeus Zuco: We are blaming libya crisis for our failure to deal with common issue. Before libya crisis this group existed they must av gotten stronger recently, but let's not over look the fact, even if libya arms made it to our country then it did so with the aid of some of our politicians
They re the real problem
It is obvious you and most of the people here who are youths do not understand international politics and what it is shrouded in. More disturbing is the fact you call yourselves leaders of tomorrow. Nowhere has OBJ been looked down on except in Nigeria. He is a respected person even in the US. In 1978 he was able to attract former US President, Jimmy Carter. That was the first time a US president would visit any African country officially. He remains one of the people I'll like to meet in person.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
amaba: I MUST CONFESS OLD AGE IS TELLING ON HIM. BOKO HARAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ARAB SPRINGS.
It's not a must for you to comment, especially as your comment shows you lack an understanding of what transpired in North Africa. Next time you click "like" on any comment you like.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Pauljonnes(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
[i][/i]Baba Obasanjo, I love u for your better and realistic words. Nigeria needs a man like you, who can extint this bounch of Islamist(extrimist). I believe they will suffer for their deeds.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by schorlbone(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pauljonnes: [i][/i]Baba Obasanjo, I love u for your better and realistic words. Nigeria needs a man like you, who can extint this bounch of Islamist(extrimist). I believe they will suffer for their deeds.
na ur papa? undecided
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by NosaHenry(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
If you like you can use all the negative adjectives to qualify OBJ but one thing you cannot take from him is that he is exceptionally intelligent. Everything he said is the absolute truth about BH. I wish GEJ has half of Baba analytical mind, Boko Haram would have been history.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by curtain: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
IS THIS A SYMPTOM OF BRAIN TUMOR OR A SIGN OF MULTIPLE-PERSONALITY-DISORDER? Am SUPRISED WIT OBJS Utterances dis days, all of a sudden the national assembly members became roques to him, as if he wasnt d one dat introducd ghana must go 2 dem. obj sees himself now as a saint, i wonder wat dis politicians are thinking. if he truly wants to knw the problems in d north, he shud go and recieve lectures from pple lik DAVID MARK and soyinka, who understands d situation, then he wil realise dat boko haram operates lik an institution in the north whose members ar properly described as extrimists, evn by d far away white house.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by femmical(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
Baba don vex º°˚˚°ºoo
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by moshmusth(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: Obj's utterances will always stir up something..here goes another one.
But OBJ is talking toomuch these days

That man is idle, Garri don cost too much and people no dey est pork again they prefer fried fish.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Sxsells: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
1025: is this a kind of madness or what? can't this man go and keep quiet for once.

I gues you quickly commented on the issue expecting to see how many "likes" it will generate without realizing how inept the comment was.... Get a thinking cap!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by AdeniyiA(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
sombody said baba talks too much dis days; quite alrt-
i can tell u that d mouth is d last weapon of a castrated,power- n influence-stripped man
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by cesil92: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
Neversaydie:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/176786-ghaddafis-fall-fuelled-boko-haram-obasanjo

He is making sense, he never made much sense during his 8 years tenure
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by druid06(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nigeria is a failed state. It just amazes me when it's citizen are too blind to see it.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Gwekzy: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Baba ABeg Shut Up
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by denitro(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Neversaydie:

In an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation radio and television aired yesterday,
Obasanjo said also that the rise of the insurgency could be linked to bad leadership.

LOL
Here Obasanjo just shot himself in the foot.
He is trying to say "My 8 years was nothing short of BAD LEADERSHIP.
LOL
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by IYANGBALI: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
manosteel: It's high time oga Jona tamed this man.
him chop craze?tame who?abeg if na joke make you stop am o.Alaremu o se tame o.Fi sile be,ko ma lo be.OBJ FOR 2015 AND BEYOND. grin
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by IYANGBALI: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola Johnson:
It is obvious you and most of the people here who are youths do not understand international politics and what it is shrouded in. More disturbing is the fact you call yourselves leaders of tomorrow. Nowhere has OBJ been looked down on except in Nigeria. He is a respected person even in the US. In 1978 he was able to attract former US President, Jimmy Carter. That was the first time a US president would visit any African country officially. He remains one of the people I'll like to meet in person.
omo iya pls tell them,awon olosi, won nbinu ori won lo fi fila de idodo.ALAREMU FOREVER
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by cap28: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
This man is one of the biggest ba.stards to ever walk the face of this earth, so upon all the stealing this i.diot has done he still has the animal boldness to open mouth and talk about the root causes of boko haram. And as for this fool trying to link Qadaffi's overthrow (which by the way was carried out by his masters in europe and america) with the ongoing terrorism in the northern part of nigeria words fail me here !!!- its just that the average nigerian knows nothing about what is going on in the world - Obasanjo is a lap dog and stooge of the western powers that is why he handed over $30 billion of our foreign reserves to the vampire western financial institutions under the pretext of paying off a non existent debt

For those who are interested in knowledge research Obasanjo's background - you will find out that his ties with washington and london can be traced all the way back to the mid 1970s - this is why he was allowed by the west to become a nigerian head of state twice - the west still own nigeria and its resources but they have placed the running of the country in the hands of trusted and loyal slaves and lap dogs - obasanjo is one of those trusted slaves, this is why the western powers give him all of these big appointments and accord him respect and recognition (they did the same thing with Mobutu and Idi Amin until Idi Amin switched sides) - they even made him an elder statesman despite the fact that in the 1970s he embezzled 2.8 billion naira under the guise of a fraudulent 419 scheme known as operation feed the nation. the west still see him as a loyal slave this is why he is still alive - read this article written by a foreign journalists because no nigerian journalist based in nigeria can reveal anything about him and live to see the next day.

this lap dog has been selling out his own people as far back as the 1970s - it is even rumoured that he had some involvement in the assassination of Murtala Muhammed who was regarded as an enemy of america because he insisted that nigeria should remain a non aligned nation ie an independent nation with complete control over its own political and economic destiny.

this is why Obasanjo is alive to date - as long as you remain a stooge you will stay alive - how come he narrowly escaped death in prison? why is it that the two major sellouts and stooges that have colluded with the western powers ie IBB and OBJ are still alive despite the billions they have looted from the nigerian treasury?

and to think this scum bag has the nerve to speak about the late Muammar Qadaffi - a man who had more courage in his little finger than Obasanjo can ever have in a million life times - may God forgive this ba.stard.

Obasanjo is more than just a "friend" of the Americans. He is an operative. And his involvement with America's foreign policy elite is a long, sometimes complicated, but delightfully interesting story.
There are several key persons and institutions that appear over and over in the Obasanjo files. One is Donald B. Easum, who was the United States Ambassador to Nigeria at the time of the 1976 assassination. Another is the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, where Henry Kissinger, who was Secretary of State at the time of the same assassination, serves as a "counsellor." Then we have Robert S. McNamara, a former World Bank president and the Secretary of Defense who carried much of the blame for the Vietnam War. More recently, McNamara embarked on an excursion to Haiti in the aftermath of the election that brought Jean Bertrand Aristide to office. Upon his return, McNamara pronounced Aristide "vehemently" anti-US, implying that the United States would be in for another round of whatever it was that Fidel Castro stirred up in people after his revolution more than two decades before. Within a year of McNamara's assessment, Aristide was ousted by thugs on the CIA's payroll.
Back to the seventies: At the time of the coup that installed Obasanjo, the US was still reeling from the OPEC oil embargo. That action would have been all the more devastating were it not for the fact that Nigeria, under Yakubu Gowon's leadership, had opted to breach the embargo and ship oil to the West. Because of the inflated price petroleum commanded at the time, Nigeria experienced unprecedented economic growth. When Murtala took over, the US immediately became concerned, not knowing if Nigeria could be relied upon as a supplier under a new regime. In an attempt to soften up the anti-Western ideology associated with Murtala, Secretary of State Kissinger proposed a state visit. Murtala told him to stay home--something interpreted in Washington as a "ten" on the scale by which political insults are ranked.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/mar1999/nig-m17.shtml
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by jude33084(m): 12:24am On Sep 15, 2012
maryjames9: Ok,i'm sure you have a point against that of OBJ. You must be more experienced,vast,lucid and intelligent than OBJ in terms of local and international politics than OBJ. My advice 4 u is this boy; when an elder stateman talk,you pay attention and listen. Dont argue

I ₳♍ nt disputing Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† baba said ßŮϯ we must not associate τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ advent of BH with high rate of unemployment.

Can Ɣ☺Ʊ tell ∂ judge in court Ŧħåϯ Ɣ☺Ʊ went for robbery because there was no job? I did site labourer job for yrs b4 I bcame ∂ site supervisor.
So associating criminal activities with unemployment is mere political fabu. Boko Haram tell u say dem nor get work or trade? undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by rikamann: 1:04am On Sep 15, 2012
Baba OBJ is very right. Do you think you can slaughter a good leader of Gadfly's calibre and not suffer for it? Name World leaders that are better than Ghaddafi. Very few of them....don't get carried away with propaganda. Let us compare 'visible' achievements!

Stop insulting OBJ. Enough of sentiments, name a President in Africa apart from Ghaddafi that is better than OBJ. Only achievements pls.
Security and economy of S/A is terrible. We are watching Ghana but don't get carried away yet. North African countries?
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by koruji(m): 2:07am On Sep 15, 2012
Henhen. . . you don't say?

Nigeria and fake prophets, political and otherwise !!!!!

Where were you when foresighted individuals warned your erstwhile stooge, turned recalcirant omo-odo, about exactly the same thing as soon as it looked like Ghaddafi was about to collapse? Heeeenn?

Where were you when reports showed that rebels from Libya crossed into Nigeria? Heeeennn?

Igbayi la'ro yin sir. Prophet who prophesy only after even the blind man can see what is happening is of no value.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by blasterman(m): 2:18am On Sep 15, 2012
Ola Johnson:
Why not when Obj na CIA agent just like bin ladin b4 im vex 4 dem. also Clinton too visited. It's only during obasanjo time that US pesident visit Nigeria
so far. He is very correct on this one about the downfall
Of ghadaffi opening a pandoras box. Who knows what d final outcome of this Arab spring. It's David v Golaith part x
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Alxmyr(m): 4:11am On Sep 15, 2012
curtain: IS THIS A SYMPTOM OF BRAIN TUMOR OR A SIGN OF MULTIPLE-PERSONALITY-DISORDER? Am SUPRISED WIT OBJS Utterances dis days, all of a sudden the national assembly members became roques to him, as if he wasnt d one dat introducd ghana must go 2 dem. obj sees himself now as a saint, i wonder wat dis politicians are thinking. if he truly wants to knw the problems in d north, he shud go and recieve lectures from pple lik DAVID MARK and soyinka, who understands d situation, then he wil realise dat boko haram operates lik an institution in the north whose members ar properly described as extrimists, evn by d far away white house.

Get your fcts right, Baba never parley Nass members throughout his rule
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by idlaw2k3(m): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2012
Tpaparazy: a stupid former president talking about; insecurity, lack of job, illitracy etc. what did he do bf now to aleviate these problem during his time? or these problems came up in this tenure? he know he is d cause of most of these problem. during his time he was busy lutting tru nepa, nnpc etc. he too dy talk this time, maybe he will die soon.
Do you remember what life was in the Abacha days? Aside from unemployment, insecurity(killer squads) high illitracy, the country was about to be torn apart. Obj came into power and restructured the millitary something no civillian would have had the forsight or understanding to accomplish. As for NEPA he was misled and he has admitted as much. He is not a saint but he is certainly not stupid
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by browncool(m): 6:21am On Sep 15, 2012
irecruit: I think baba is right, and its high time GEJ do something do something seriously about this boko harram problem. I believe Nigeria wil be o k one day, [b]we should all continue to pray for this great nation instead of running away from it.[/b]
There are things prayers are usually needed for, you can not always call for prayer in things that common sense can rectify
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2012
bellafonte: I only picked one line to suspect in objs speech. Dat there is a connection bw boko haram and the dead U.S ambassador, he is only givin d U.S reason to wnt to snd troops to northern 9ja... And small small their troops will find reason to enta southern 9ja and sit on our oil which is their target... Y do dey alwz hv legit reasons to invade oil rich nations(iraq,afghanistan now 9ja)...my point is Plz obj u.s ambassador died in libya not 9ja they are usin yu to enta us now abi... I can smell d conspiracy a mile away... Wake up pple!!!

Your brain is made up of black powder.
Jeezzzz....!! Only a brain like that can come of with this type of conspiracy theory.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by Jilo83(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2012
But why nigeria, are we responsible for his fall? If they born them well, let them go to US and try all their rubish.
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by IncomeTutor: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
OBJ should stop talking. Our past presidents and
leaders entrenched corruption in governance
at the expense of building the economy, securing
our borders,creating employment, and so on.

Today, everybody is at the mercy of Gboko Haram,
kidnappers, assassins, etc.

May God deliver Nigeria in my time!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by jpphilips(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
Garri_Activist: Baba iyabo, mr 'jagajag', baba idris abdullkareem, OBJ, right on point....

But baba Oo, if it's bad leadership, corruption, unemployment, lack of education etc that is fuelling boko haram, dat means you're main cause because you are the champion of corruption in naija.

If I be you ehhn, I go just siddon for corner dey hide my head.

young man it doesnt pay to be dafft, obj's administration created the highest employment in the history of this nation.

He created a vibrant financial sector that gave birth to a multi faced stock market and forex, Which created a pleethora of indirect jobs.

Your ignorance stinks!!
Re: Obasanjo - Ghaddafi’s Fall Fuelled Boko-Haram by jpphilips(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
Zeus Zuco: We are blaming libya crisis for our failure to deal with common issue. Before libya crisis this group existed they must av gotten stronger recently, but let's not over look the fact, even if libya arms made it to our country then it did so with the aid of some of our politicians
They re the real problem

libyan terrorists capitalized on a security lapse, becoming a factor in the equation.
Who created the security lapse?
Who is guarding the borders?
Who is inspecting cargo at the ports? Tompolo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funtua Katsina Dry Port May Commence Operations In May / Imo Was In The Cemetery When I Assumed Office, I Exhumed It – Uzodimma (Video) / Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.