Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,113 members, 7,916,249 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:52 PM

75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS (9123 Views)

Jonathan Govt. Created 469,070 Jobs In 2015 Before Leaving Office – NBS / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by druid06(m): 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nigerian is a failed state. It just amazes me to see people with hope for this country. I predict a civil war in a couple of years. What has printing 5000naira notes got to do with the falling economic rate of this nation with inflation rising and what not. The idea is just plain stupid. It's just like adding more fuel to a raging fire.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by abcdefghifklmno: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
say no to five thousnd note
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by ibkdizzu: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
D no 1 reason y i won't support ds 5k is because its coming from SLS, no much good has come from him so far- y will it be diff now? he's definitely running some secret script & Nigeria seems d input data. Plus d intro of coins will most likely make does denominations go extint esp 5 & 10 #. Imagine pockets gingling w coins or ur child buying one buscuit 4 20#.
Plus how come ds man can make policies that must be implemented irrespective of who said yes or no? Is he too brilliant 4 Aso-rock or d senate to confront. The senate says no, leave ds idea 4 now but our guy says yes, we are going ahead! What? A matter dt concerns a whole country n not his father's self-employment prog? Now the federal & state govt are singing anoda song? The guy has no one dt can curb him, no one he reports to, rather. It seems d FG reports to him. a one man soldier dt takes decision dt affects d nation on his own. Who exactly is ruling ds nation sef? Rememeber d fuel subsidy saga? Wait for d oda 2 gals to put dir mouth now & d note may even go to print earlier dn scheduled
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by dnawah(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hehehehe! I dont dey see somebody wey him head go break with coin during his/her weddings.kai i dodge am
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by rash47(m): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
[quote grin author=dnawah]Hehehehe! I dont dey see somebody wey him head go break with coin during his/her weddings.kai i dodge am[/quote]
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
timpaker: somehow i support the introduction of the N5,000 note

You have not said anytin. What are ur reasons
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
That sanusi boy needs to be flogged on the dinning table. . .
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by secnelly: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
imagine giving an Okada man, N5,000 to giv u change for a fare of N200...
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Remii(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2012
okpara ugo:

You have not said anytin. What are ur reasons

N1,000 is just US $6 or UK £4. At present value, we need coins up to N100 with commodities staying at present prices. That is only way to make coins spendable. Another option is going the Ghana way that Soludo tried to do by removing some zeros.
We need to work on our mentality too as Nigerians, in UK and US highest denominations are not commonly spent in the street. In fact when you bring out $100 dollar bill or 50 pounds, cashiers always take caution before accepting them.

I think, we actually need even N10,000 and N15,000 notes, our paper money should start from N100 if we must keep our current profile.

SLS has much worse anti people policies that are forcing banks to increase interest rates on loan, that is what we should shout about.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Kay1kay1(m): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2012
Remii:... Another option is going the Ghana way that Soludo tried to do by removing some zeros. We need to work on our mentality too as Nigerians, in UK and US highest denominations are not commonly spent in the street. In fact when you bring out $100 dollar bill or 50 pounds, cashiers always take caution before accepting them...

@ Remii,

Please what made him back out?
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Keen1(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2012
Nigeria's government is arrogant anyway. Nigerians dont support fuel increase, they told us it was the needed magic wand to move the country forward and that with the savings on this decayed infrastructure will be repaired. Months later, we started seeing that it was meant to give them more money to steal and it is a house of corruption that they were building. It was to satisfy their greed. Not too long, Nigerians said they dont want increase in power, the government went ahead. On this one too, Nigerians have voiced out and they will never respect the people. They forgot that these are the same people that stood inside the sun to vote for them.

Tell me, when last did SLS touched (not spent N100) note. He is too big for that. Cheapest transport fare is about N50 now, but the time N50 and N100 become coins, it will automatically jump to N200. Ditto for price of other essential items. They will just jump up. It will not become 3 for N200. Increase in the price of items will not be in tranches of N100.

In theory, it will not affect inflation but the Nigerian factor will make it so. In any case, whether we comment or not our views does not matter. We have an arrogant Economic Council. We have a government that listens to only itself. We have people who have lost touch with reality because of the life they live. Tell me how the President can feel it, he has a budget of N3 million to eat daily. Even if one piece of tomato is sold for N200, he can still afford it. Go to government houses all over the country and see opulence. Leaders feeding fat on the collective sweat of Nigerians.

Go ahead but I want you to know that there is God and nemesis will soon catch up with you people. Go and look at how people who do not listen to the voice of reason die - Sgt. Doe, Mobutu etc. Those whom the gods want to destroy he will first make mad. Listen to yourself, do what you want and one day the people will revolt. Jona, SLS, Ngozi (madam world bank) carry go. God dey. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by EagleNest(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2012
Nigerian masses resents the N5000 introduction because of the damage already done by the previous ones.
The introduction does not in anyway uplift the life of the ordinary man rather that of the bourgeois.
Govt should concentrate in killing corruption rather than aiding it. Are we now imitating Zimbabwe. Why not introduce N10,000 note or more.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by eameh30: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Ha! Nigeria, U want 2 give people meet and they said they don't want, na by force? We dont want o... Mr. Sanusi. Chukwuma Soludo would hav save us by making d highest denomination to be N20, that is a good economist. Nw look somebody hear, who crammed from school thinking he is a good economist, but d application is zero
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by peruso: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
so now tht a survey has been conducted and the same PEOPLE that he wants to introduce the notes for have rejecyed it will they SLS/GEJ/CENTRALBANK/ECONOMIC MAG TEAM still proceed?
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Remii(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
Kay1kay1:

@ Remii,

Please what made him back out?

Yar Adua stopped him
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by ignis: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Oni John: Abraham Lincoln defined Democracy as the goverment of the people by the people and for the people, the majority has the final say, Nairalanders pls tell me are we still in the Democratic era or ...
That defination is a old clinche, it's no longer valid.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by 9jii(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah,but you have to understand that they are not the real game changers.try to know more about the money masters and you will never bother your self with this kind of issue.We will try and cry but it will going to happen any way.
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Koko88(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
savcy: Its flummoxing why SLS has held a tight grip on this no-good policy of his?! Why is he taking this whole thing personal?? Nigeria is a sovereign state and nt his private busines where we must give in 2 his every idea. How many of his 'genius' ideas have ever resulted in anyting good for Nigerians? The last time I checked the Naira is no where 2d dollar. As for our so-called NL economists, We dont nid 2get a Havard degree on Economics to knw how badly ds misdemeanour of a policy wil affect d livelihood of d average Nigerian. Every currency denomination in Nigeria ends up chasing themselves soon afta a new one is introduced. Thats why we say ds unecesary 5k note wil increase d already terible inflation. SLS once said Nigerians can choose nt 2 acpt d note wen given in banks. The question is,why create it in d first place? Who wil it serve? The big companies who abhor d carrying of cash around? Or d pure water(sachet water),garri,puffpuff or d roadside 'mee-shiai'<cafe>? Who is d target for ds denomination? I think d whole 5000naira note propaganda is a well thought-out plan by d presidency and d political class 2 turn our attention away 4rm d Farouk-Otedola issue,also,d subsidy scandal. Seeing dat we Nigerians enjoy being distracted. angry

Guy, ur head dey there...... True talk!
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by policymaker(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
NBS put up a rejoinder stating that the polls are not official results, but just an interactive tools with users. You can visit the website "http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng" for the official statement
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
ignis:
That defination is a old clinche, it's no longer valid.
oga oya tell us, what is the now valid definition of DEMOCRACY?
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by mruknaijaboy(m): 4:12am On Sep 16, 2012
amosy007: WRONG

90% (masses) = Against it

5.5% (politicians and those thieves that hide behind politicians. E.g dangote, otedola etc)
= gave full support

4.5% (confused mallam) = are indifferent or partially support it.

thats how you know the country is f*cked from when the masses are against it but its like we have no say in it because they are still going through with it, democracy doesnt even exist in nigeria, the government are a small percentage of the population and the 5000 naira note benefits THEM ONLY,should everyone else suffer because of the governments thirst to embezzle more money?

this is what im saying,we the masses need to stand up and fight for our rights physically instead of talking all the time because its clear that government and politicans do not care about the mass population of nigeria
Re: 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS by otigba123: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2012
this nonesense has nothing to do with academic qaulification or political position. the simple question is where are our lower currencies...such as 1kobo, 5kobo, 50kobo, 1naira, even 5naira is almost at the mortuary if not for the intervention of satchet water. what is the effort of the govt. to retrieve the value of these currencies. to be beaten twice is foolishness. why must the introduction of new currencies be the administrative headache of our Nigerian leaders instead of tackling the basic needs of the masses. where is the steady power supply,the youth's employment,good roads and what have you? As far as Nigeria is concerned, all our leaders are selfish because they are not under the roof of the poor masses. How could expect a man in an air-conditioned room to understand the plight of an artisan sweating under the sun to make ends meet. OH MY GOD this nation is practising Oligarchy where the poor works through his nose to pay tax imposed by the rich. You will see the true picture of my view when you read the titled THE ANIMAL FARM. Which way Nigeria. Would i speak against my govt if I am gainfully employed? What is nationalism. It's time we rise for justice. they are the same people. the power revolves among them and thier children. the laws the make are the ones that favour them. shame to Sanusi. Until the spirit of Libya comes in,they will continue to decieve us. their vices are innumerable...oil theft,money theft, empty promises, rituals, forceful law, authocracy, fraud,etc. why do they send thier children abroad for education. if war occurs who would fight if not those at home. may thunder fire all of them including Sanusi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG / APC’s claim on Akpabio stolen mandate an insult – PDP / Breaking: INEC Withdraws Iheodioha’s Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.