Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,688 members, 7,892,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:58 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1884474 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (909) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 5:01pm On May 21, 2013
Thks! Ma,am gr8tful.
alutacontinua:

Dt ur score low for OAU sha oo...dunno how the cbt jamb is gonna be bt from previous yrs, if u no get connection, 245 na long tin for OAU medicine. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 5:44pm On May 21, 2013
Let me present my own problem, help in advising me. I got 225 going 4 med usman danfodio sokoto? Should I change?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 21, 2013
Obinnau: Let me present my own problem, help in advising me. I got 225 going 4 med usman danfodio sokoto? Should I change?

What was their cut-off point for medicine last year and the year before?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2013
alutacontinua:

What was their cut-off point for medicine last year and the year before?
I can't say an very sure about it, 240
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 21, 2013
Obinnau: I can't say an very sure about it, 240

Try and find out.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 22, 2013
buzyguy: Thks! Ma,am gr8tful.
ur 245 is nt low fr medicine. Ask ursef, hw mny pple got up to 200 n dz yiaz jamb Dnt waste yr score, be wise
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 22, 2013
#me@:
ur 245 is nt low fr medicine. Ask ursef, hw mny pple got up to 200 n dz yiaz jamb Dnt waste yr score, be wise

Have you seen the results of people writing the CBT exams? We're talking OAU here, not some other school. 245 is low, trust me...unless he has an oga @ the top.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 8:48pm On May 22, 2013
buzyguy: Thks ma,am gr8tful
You are welcome Sir,it's my pleasure.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 11:41pm On May 22, 2013
D_BestDoc:
You are welcome Sir,it's my pleasure.
Wadup miss,aw'r u doin? It been a y tho,tanx for dat help.I went on wif majority wich u'r included too.Hw's tinz over there n hope no stress?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 11:50pm On May 22, 2013
Helo Dr Lomaxx,aw'r I doin?greetinz to Dr Lagusta n Miss Alutacontinua,aw's Medic College treating you?u kum here someaw often nw o or stress is falling off yur shoulders nowadays? Or lemme say u dnt wanna kip d thread dusty as said sumtymz ago?lol.Wish u all happpy and Success @ d end.Shalom!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:03am On May 23, 2013
labodinho: Helo Dr Lomaxx,aw'r I doin?greetinz to Dr Lagusta n Miss Alutacontinua,aw's Medic College treating you?u kum here someaw often nw o or stress is falling off yur shoulders nowadays? Or lemme say u dnt wanna kip d thread dusty as said sumtymz ago?lol.Wish u all happpy and Success @ d end.Shalom!

Nairaland is what keeps me sane after Pharmacology finishes dealing with me in the day. I must tell you, that course is driving me nutz. Dr. Lagusta, how did you read it? Had an impromptu quiz today and i'm sure I can't have up to 3/10. embarassed lipsrsealed undecided angry sad cry grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:11am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

Nairaland is what keeps me sane after Pharmacology finishes dealing with me in the day. I must tell you, that course is driving me nutz. Dr. Lagusta, how did you read it? Had an impromptu quiz today and i'm sure I can't have up to 3/10. embarassed lipsrsealed undecided angry sad cry grin

Eiyaaa, sorry!!!

To tell you the truth, I had a resit in pharmacology, but it later turned out to be one of my best postings!!!

The thing is, you just have to CRAM!!! And I mean it!!! Pharmacology is very abstract, you just have to learn it word for word, from pharmacokinetics to pharmacodynamics!!!

Sorry again!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:24am On May 23, 2013
Lagusta:

Eiyaaa, sorry!!!

To tell you the truth, I had a resit in pharmacology, but it later turned out to be one of my best postings!!!

The thing is, you just have to CRAM!!! And I mean it!!! Pharmacology is very abstract, you just have to learn it word for word, from pharmacokinetics to pharmacodynamics!!!

Sorry again!!!

cry cry cry cry cry cry
I hate cramming.
Thanks, anyways!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 12:31am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

You knw wat? U jst scared me o.Datz d course I filled for utme so I ve to search for cramming skills too?? Dnt b scared ma miss 3/10 is not yur portionNjst ve it in mind that all is well.Dnt lose hope to demilish yur latent skiLl n ability.Put God in front and others follows.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:25am On May 23, 2013
labodinho: You knw wat? U jst scared me o.Datz d course I filled for utme so I ve to search for cramming skills too?? Dnt b scared ma miss 3/10 is not yur portionNjst ve it in mind that all is well.Dnt lose hope to demilish yur latent skiLl n ability.Put God in front and others follows.

Thanks, boss!
If you filled that course in for utme, u better go and call on God to give you the talent of cramming if you don't have already. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 1:30am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

Thanks, boss!
If you filled that course in for utme, u better go and call on God to give you the talent of cramming if you don't have already. cool
Is it dah serious?? I'm ready if dat d battle we'r gonna face.God stil on ma side.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:06am On May 23, 2013
. . .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:48am On May 23, 2013
buzyguy: Pls gr8t docs help me,i dnt anymor av the incentiv to writ oau putme due to mass pass in cbt it slims my chnce. i really want to chang my institutn,pls is uniuyo ok and recognised 4medical programme like mbbs? thks in advnce!

UniUyo has full accreditation for mbbs.

buzyguy: My score 245 ma,i dnt knw if may leav it 4oau

245 is still very low for UniUyo. If you can score up 300 - 320 in post utme. You stand a slim chance. It's a risk worth taking, I must say. Meanwhile, what's your state of origin?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:59am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

Do you guys do pharm and lab medicine concurrently?? Over here, we do pharm and lab medicine(pathology, microbiology, haematology and chemical pathology) concurrently with medicine, surgery and family medicine postings in 400level . I think lab medicine is more malignant than pharm. Too voluminous.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:05am On May 23, 2013
lomaxx:

Do you guys do pharm and lab medicine concurrently?? Over here, we do pharm and lab medicine(pathology, microbiology, haematology and chemical pathology) concurrently with medicine, surgery and family medicine postings in 400level . I think lab medicine is more malignant than pharm. Too voluminous.

We're doing path and pharm concurrently. I can still cope with pathology more than I'm coping with pharmacology. The 'voluminousness' is one problem on it's own, the cramming part is the major issue that I have. I just don't have the talent of cramming. Time to start the use of mnemonics. I cannot afford to be overcome by pharamcology. angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:12am On May 23, 2013
lomaxx:

we also do path and pharm concurrently, with postings in med and surg....

path too has its own probs, but to me ooo, path is better, cos u still have idea on some diseases, especially histopathology!!!!

but PHARMACOLOGY? hmmmm, no comment
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:16am On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

We're doing path and pharm concurrently. I can still cope with pathology more than I'm coping with pharmacology. The 'voluminousness' is one problem on it's own, the cramming part is the major issue that I have. I just don't have the talent of cramming. Time to start the use of mnemonics. I cannot afford to be overcome by pharamcology. angry

I hate cramming too. We have no choice but to try. I try to overcome the cramming loophole by early and repetitive reading. But its totally unavoidable
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 8:40am On May 23, 2013
Am frm ondo state,300 nd above in uniuyo putme?am scared!
lomaxx:

245 is still very low for UniUyo. If you can score up 300 - 320 in post utme. You stand a slim chance. It's a risk worth taking, I must say. Meanwhile, what's your state of origin?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 8:45am On May 23, 2013
But ma,those pharmacists try oo.is it nt 5yrs they study pharmacology?
alutacontinua:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 8:47am On May 23, 2013
Thks sir![quote author=lomaxx]

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 8:49am On May 23, 2013
Thks sir,am thrilled.
#me@:
and how many opted for cbt? Dey arnt dat much nd m sure dey all dint choose OAU medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:56am On May 23, 2013
buzyguy: Am frm ondo state,300 nd above in uniuyo putme?am scared!

Realizing it begins when you acknowledge it's possible. Marry your JAMB PQs well. Brush up rough areas. Strengthen your weaknesses- that's all. Medicine is competitive - esp now

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 9:13am On May 23, 2013
Thk sir,am apy.bt wot of dentistry is it nt almost same?,mayb i cn chnge to that so as to stnd a gud chnce
lomaxx:

Realizing it begins when you acknowledge it's possible. Marry your JAMB PQs well. Brush up rough areas. Strengthen your weaknesses- that's all. Medicine is competitive - esp now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:45pm On May 23, 2013
labodinho: Wadup miss,aw'r u doin? It been a y tho,tanx for dat help.I went on wif majority wich u'r included too.Hw's tinz over there n hope no stress?
I'm doing good, thank You.
There will always be stress but we create ways to manage things.
Thanks to the medics on here who contributed to helping you make a decision, i hope it turns out well.

I wish you the best in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2013
@d best doc,if u hav replied me on email, sorry 4 nt replying u til nw,i dnt usualy use email but am regular on facebuk,i shud check my mail b4 dis week runs out,thanks ma'am
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JoannaSedley(f): 1:20pm On May 24, 2013
Even if you crammed your way through in pharmacology just re-visit it and try to understand it, it is the different between us and laymen; THAT SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEGDE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:29pm On May 24, 2013
Joanna Sedley: Even if you crammed your way through in pharmacology just re-visit it and try to understand it, it is the different between us and laymen; THAT SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEGDE.

Cramming doesn't necessarily mean you don't understand. Passing examinations doesn't depend on whether you understood what you read, when you read it. And the hallmark of medicine is passing examinations. .
Passing examinations totally depends on your ability to reproduce what you claim you understood. That is why some people- after understanding basically what they need to know- still need to cram.
It is 'criminal' to say that just because I couldn't remember when it was required totally means I didn't understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (909) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: wizi44(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.