Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,821 members, 7,876,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1873947 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2013
waddup rummies.....long time....for the utmites,am a 300l medical student of EBSU.....feel free to ask any question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by BabaAlabi: 11:25pm On May 09, 2013
smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:30am On May 10, 2013
labodinho: Helo Ma great Doctors,been a y ve been here.UTME downgraded me buh ve gat no choice dan to change cos.Plz,i need info and the possibility of securing a good job on these courses....Physiology and pharmacology...To be honest,i dnt like pharmacology..Plz i need yur help Dr.I'm a Unilag aspirant if ders any Dr frm der too,i'll need yur contribution.Tanx

I'll say go for pharmacology. Physiology sounds too ideal an idea for our country. I guess u know what I mean. Pharmacology still looks more like you could have something to hold on to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 5:04am On May 10, 2013
Gleefreak125: Is all hope lost? Has my medical dreams been dashed? I scored 210 in jamb 4 medicine in Unilorin & UI. Shuld I jst get d Change of course form n wat courses can I change 2? I'M FED UP

Sorry Bro, but that is not the spirit of a good Doctor.I rarely reply to posts except the ones that catch my attention.If truly you want to be a Med. Doctor and you are convinced right in your heart that thats what you would do best,why dont you put up a little determination?i call it stikability(which you need even when you eventually get to medical school)thats the spirit that keeps you going when you have labs 5 times a week and classes inbetween,plus voluminous books to cover.the spirit that keeps you for 5-6yrs in med. sch.Dont allow Situations in Nigeria to ruin your Drea.ms Dont quit just yet if medicine is really what you desire,dont accept what life throws at you.Search yourself to know how you can do things better next time and 210 isnt really bad provided you have the chance to prove yourself and do better in the PUTME.
How many times Have you tried BTW?

I spent 8yrs after high school before i got into Med.School.I couldnt think of anything else but Medicine,so it depends on your passion and driving force.My experience really might not hold true for everyone anyways!

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 5:19am On May 10, 2013
labodinho: Helo Ma great Doctors,been a y ve been here.UTME downgraded me buh ve gat no choice dan to change cos.Plz,i need info and the possibility of securing a good job on these courses....Physiology and pharmacology...To be honest,i dnt like pharmacology..Plz i need yur help Dr.I'm a Unilag aspirant if ders any Dr frm der too,i'll need yur contribution.Tanx

Pharmacology is better(my opinion though)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:15am On May 10, 2013
Lagusta:

just four years, no house job, no surgical procedures.....

you can be employedas a perfusionist, ECG recorder and a plethysmograph expert.....
Tank yu Dr. ,i'm so greatful.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:22am On May 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

I'll say go for pharmacology. Physiology sounds too ideal an idea for our country. I guess u know what I mean. Pharmacology still looks more like you could have something to hold on to.
.Surely,i know wah you mean.Due to situation of things in Nigeria,physiology isn't ideal buh pharmacology goes with it.If i get you right ma'am.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:34am On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Pharmacology is better(my opinion though)
you chose that due to the country or ..?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 9:01am On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:

inspiring!!! plz can i add u on fb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gleefreak125(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Sorry Bro, but that is not the spirit of a good Doctor.I rarely reply to posts except the ones that catch my attention.If truly you want to be a Med. Doctor and you are convinced right in your heart that thats what you would do best,why dont you put up a little determination?i call it stikability(which you need even when you eventually get to medical school)thats the spirit that keeps you going when you have labs 5 times a week and classes inbetween,plus voluminous books to cover.the spirit that keeps you for 5-6yrs in med. sch.Dont allow Situations in Nigeria to ruin your Drea.ms Dont quit just yet if medicine is really what you desire,dont accept what life throws at you.Search yourself to know how you can do things better next time and 210 isnt really bad provided you have the chance to prove yourself and do better in the PUTME.

I spent 8yrs after high school before i got into Med.School.I couldnt think of anything else but Medicine,so it depends on your passion and driving force.My experience really might not hold true for everyone anyways!
U're indeed inspirin ma'am. U story is enof motivation 4 any1 who's got big dreams 2. Its 1daful meetin folks lyk u whose story can challenge jst any1 who seems 2 av lost hope. I luv bein a doctor. I've wanted dis since childhood,I've bin tryin my best since I left HS, mayb it aint jst gud enof or I jst av bin simply unlucky. I'd luv 2 tell u more of my story n wuld luv 2 hear urs 2. I'm sori, Pls can I av ur contact(2go, fb) 2ru my inbox here in nairaland or u can post it here if u want 2 so we can discuss beta. Thank u so much ma'am.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:

pls i nid to add you on facebook for help and advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 5:03pm On May 10, 2013
U really inspired me doc,av bn thnkn am d best loser cuz this is my 8th yr aspiring 4medcine and i pray i am in this yr inspite of my low jamb score.thks!
D_BestDoc:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by swiftz(f): 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
Lagusta:

just four years, no house job, no surgical procedures.....

you can be employedas a perfusionist, ECG recorder and a plethysmograph expert.....

Hello. I sent you a mail. Please, reply when you see it. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:37pm On May 10, 2013
swiftz:

Hello. I sent you a mail. Please, reply when you see it. Thanks.

sorry, plss send mail again....... thanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by swiftz(f): 5:47pm On May 10, 2013
Lagusta:

Not going through....NL palava..
Please kindly send an empty mail to uche 042 at g mail dot com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by swiftz(f): 5:54pm On May 10, 2013
Lagusta:

You there?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
labodinho: you chose that due to the country or ..?
Nah,not country.

Generally(my opinion again)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 7:48pm On May 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: inspiring!!! plz can i add u on fb?
Sure!leave your email address so i can send you my fb contact
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 8:59pm On May 10, 2013
buzyguy: U really inspired me doc,av bn thnkn am d best loser cuz this is my 8th yr aspiring 4medcine and i pray i am in this yr inspite of my low jamb score.thks!

One thing is Nigeria has a way of killing people's dreams(no offense meant).
The corruption there is something that knocks me off each time i think towards that direction.

Or how would you explain a situation where Medical aspirant A who scored 296 in PUME not gaining admission and Aspirant B with a score of 242 or there about gaining admission to study in the same med university(federal).both chosed as first choice and same catchment area

Or how do we explain another scenerio where only abou less than 70 medical aspirants scored between 240 and 320 and at the end of the day the published list showed about 250 admitted candidates with the name of an aspirant with score 280 missing.Where the hell did they manufacture the other names from.Its a case of giving preference to people who do not really deserve it.

Or getting 86% and being refused admission just because you are not an indigene

Or again the case studying very hard for jamb and finally get your result cancelled

or the case of applying for a Pre-degree programme and finding your name not shortlisted for the programme after meeting the criteria for enrollement.

The list goes on and on.Yet this was an experience of an intelligent and above average student.

Just believe in your dreams and do things better each time.
In my case i couldn't c myself doing anything else except what im doing now.The thought of Medicine alone gave me Joy and Strengthened me,though my friends had all gotten to the University,they all thought i was chasing after the wind.

But my family never losed Faith and confidence in me, they saw what others couldnt see in me(they saw me as Doctor even before i went to Med. Sch).Medical knowledge was kinda innate in me,read a lot of medical texbooks and was well informed on medical stuffs while still at home.Would always start up a conversation on a medical topic with my elder Bros who is a Haematologist,i could discuss with him like i had been to a medical school.Movies that interested me the most were films like Grays Anatomy.
Medicine was like life to me,couldn't figure out what else i will do better and excel in.Despite the failures and disappointment, i knew that what would be would be.If what my GUTS and instincts made me believe are right,then it will surely be.

Then i had to let God's WILL be done,cos i suddenly discovered that the problem wasnt ME,rather, the way the country is being run or something else i couldnt control.

JUST at the right time,though years had slipped,i got more than i asked for.....better.....and still hoping for the best...
Come to think of it,how come i'm toping my class here(people from different background,continents and countries)?someone that couldn't succeed in something as common as securing a sit in a Nigerian med. School.
Was it my Problem? or was it Nigeria? or was it a predestined plan that i needed the experience and an international studying exposure or something else i do not know about?.In all I give GOD THANKS.....

This is for persons going through what i went through,you might just as well try again and do better than you did previously.... you never can tell what God has i store for you.
The end Justifies the means.But if your PASSION can't drive you enough,then try something else which might turn out to be your original calling(you may end up finding success and Happiness in it).

12 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:
charlings9@gmail.com
or facebook.com/udehwing
tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:
www.doalabi99@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:08pm On May 10, 2013
Gleefreak125:
U're indeed inspirin ma'am. U story is enof motivation 4 any1 who's got big dreams 2. Its 1daful meetin folks lyk u whose story can challenge jst any1 who seems 2 av lost hope. I luv bein a doctor. I've wanted dis since childhood,I've bin tryin my best since I left HS, mayb it aint jst gud enof or I jst av bin simply unlucky. I'd luv 2 tell u more of my story n wuld luv 2 hear urs 2. I'm sori, Pls can I av ur contact(2go, fb) 2ru my inbox here in nairaland or u can post it here if u want 2 so we can discuss beta. Thank u so much ma'am.

You're welcome.
I've posted a part of my experience.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:

One thing is Nigeria has a way of killing people's dreams(no offense meant).
The corruption there is something that knocks me off each time i think towards that direction.

Or how would you explain a situation where Medical aspirant A who scored 296 in PUME not gaining admission and Aspirant B with a score of 242 or there about gaining admission to study at the same med university(federal).both chosed as first choice and same catchment area

Or how do we explain another scenerio where only abou less than 70 medical aspirants scored between 240 and 320 and at the end of the day the published list showed about 250 admitted candidates with the name of an aspirant with score 280 missing.Where the hell did they manufacture the other names from.Its a case of giving preference to people who do not really deserve it.

Or getting 86% and being refused admission just because you are not an indigene

Or again the case studying very hard for jamb and finally get your result cancelled

or the case of applying for a Pre-degree programme and finding your name not shortlisted for the programme after meeting the criteria for enrollement.

The list goes on and on.Yet this was an experience of an intelligent and above average student.

Just believe in your dreams and do things better each time.
In my case i couldn't c myself doing anything else except what im doing now.The thought of Medicine alone gave me Joy and Strengthened me,though my friends had all gotten to the University,they all thought i was chasing after the wind.

But my family never losed Faith and confidence in me, they saw what others couldnt see in me(they saw me as Doctor even before i went to Med. Sch).Medical knowledge was kinda innate in me,read a lot of medical texbooks and was well informed on medical stuffs while still at home.Would always start up a conversation on a medical topic with my elder Bros who is a Haematologist,i could discuss with him like i had been to a medical school.Movies that interested me the most were films like Grays Anatomy.
Medicine was like life to me,couldn't figure out what else i will do better and excel in.Despite the failures and disappointment, i knew that what would be would be.If what my GUTS and instincts made me believe are right,then it will surely be.

Then i had to let God's WILL be done,cos i suddenly discovered that the problem wasnt ME,rather, the way the country is being run or something else i couldnt control.

JUST at the right time,though years had slipped,i got more than i asked for.....better.....and still hoping for the best...
Come to think of it,how come i'm toping my class here(people from different background,continents and countries)?someone that couldn't succeed in something as common as securing a sit in a Nigerian med. School.
Was it my Problem? or was it Nigeria? or was it a predestined plan that i needed the experience and an international studying exposure or something else i do not know about?.In all I give GOD THANKS.....

This is for persons going through what i went through,you might just as well try again and do better than you did previously.... you never can tell what God has i store for you.
The end Justifies the means.But if your PASSION can't drive you enough,then try something else which might turn out to be your original calling(you may end up finding success and Happiness in it).
almost crying, tnx 4 dis counceling
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:15pm On May 10, 2013
Prince adebayo: www.doalabi99@yahoo.com
I sent you an email
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:23pm On May 10, 2013
Chelcy10:
charlings9@gmail.com
or facebook.com/udehwing
tnx
i Sent you an E-mail
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:36pm On May 10, 2013
Chelcy10:
almost crying, tnx 4 dis counceling
haha! You're welcome.
Pathetic right?
You could imagine how much i cried ,how helpless i felt,how miserable my family especially my parents felt,how much i prayed and fasted and i stopped travelling to my village.lol grin
How people mocked and told me to stop being UNREALISTIC .

God sees every tears and struggles and Hardwork, He always rewards them with what He knows is better at the appropriate time,and things will almost always work together for good.

Those years of tears are gone Btw[size=8pt][/size]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 9:55pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:
I sent you an email
mine is sagacious18@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 9:59pm On May 10, 2013
sagaciousblog: mine is sagacious18@gmail.com
Sent
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:21pm On May 10, 2013
D_BestDoc:
Sent

i read everything about you, and i am quite speechless.....

i even thought i have gone though alot, not knowing i am still a learner!!!!!

please keep it up, we need more female docs like u smiley wink smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 10:26pm On May 10, 2013
Lagusta:

i read everything about you, and i am quite speechless.....

i even thought i have gone though alot, not knowing i am still a learner!!!!!

please keep it up, we need more female docs like u smiley wink smiley

Thanks Boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Muktar05(m): 11:35pm On May 10, 2013
Well done house.
Pls which course should i take between Microcbiology and Biochemistry? In terms of job oppourtunity and other things. I need your say pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sigolisis: 3:10am On May 11, 2013
[quote author=D_BestDoc]

How many times Have you tried BTW

I spent 8yrs after high school before i got into Med.School.I couldnt think of anything else but Medicine,so it depends on your passion and driving force.My experience really might not hold true for everyone anyways![/quote

Very touching and inspiring testimony. I'm encouraged too

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (908) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Doceinstein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.