Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,369 members, 7,971,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:42 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1940495 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
Preach Lomaxx, PREACH!!!

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fizboy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
lomaxx:

My academics was sufficiently excellent until I started 400. I thought it was business as usual. But unfortunately, each in course result ruptured my spinal cord - vertebrae by vertebrae. I failed some. I passed some. I failed more than I passed. And my passing wasn't so great..,,average scores.

It was shameful for me. I mean looking at the streak of fame I enjoyed from my premedical year to my preclinical years, it was sufficient to say the mighty had indeed fallen.
I was reading, I was studying- at least I thought so. But my scores were bad. You know med school....once you have bad scores, it means you aren't reading.

My problem wasn't the reading. My problem was that I took so many things for granted. I wasn't disciplined with time. I wasn't consistent. I pulled in more reading time when tests was announced than during normal days, I'll just read a little or I'll go to sleep hoping to wave my normal magic wand. Some weeks, I'll be high on stuff , other times I'll slack. I wasn't consistent.

This went on for a while, and like the biblical prodigal son, I came back to my senses. I saw the damage I did to myself. I saw that I was disappointing not only myself, but my colleagues who at a time, looked up to me. Most importantly, I learnt - that passing in med school has little to do with pedigree and everything to do with hardwork, more hardwork and more hard work.

Also, I learnt that in working hard, you have to work smart. Slowly, I learnt the art of consistency. Everything about medicine became important. I increased my reading time. I became more attentive in class. Every second became important.

It wasn't late. I was lucky. I still am. I learnt my lessons. Some of us aren't interested in just passing. We want to pass and be found among the stars.

For those of you still warming your feet to enter med school, or for those of you who have- don't just be interested in success stories. Learn from those who made mistakes and avoid making same mistakes. I repeat avoid making mistakes. You may not be lucky.
Good luck.
thanks man for this quote I need to find myself b4 I learn the hard way *jumps into the bush with my physics textbooks*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
hmmmm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
hmmmm

hey..how've you been?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
lomaxx:

hey..how've you been?
hmm,nt fine
tinkin about ucheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
qwestn 4 medicos
-hmm,wat is al dz premedical,preclinical n oda terms about,abeg xplainsmiley
-do medicos go 4 nysc?? afta 6yrs in schl,a year internship,anoda year 4 nysc,oh gawd! i b lady naw,i wan mary quikcheesy
-dz cadaver of a tin,i hope it wnt scare lif outta me,aw do i go abt it,share ur xperienc pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
hmm,nt fine
tinkin about ucheesy

I cannot begin to describe how much I've missed you, my tender one wink .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
lomaxx:

I cannot begin to describe how much I've missed you, my tender one wink .
lol
cn sm1 gt me a pin coz my head wana burstsmiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
qwestn 4 medicos
-do medicos go 4 nysc?? afta 6yrs in schl,a year internship,anoda year 4 nysc,oh gawd! i b lady naw,i wan mary quikcheesy
-dz cadaver of a tin,i hope it wnt scare lif outta me,aw do i go abt it,share ur xperienc pls

premed- 1st year

preclinical - 2nd and 3rd Uttar

yes, there's nysc and NOPE, don't be scared of cadavers. They're dead and they're being made use for learning process. You no wan learn?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
lomaxx:

My academics was sufficiently excellent until I started 400. I thought it was business as usual. But unfortunately, each in course result ruptured my spinal cord - vertebrae by vertebrae. I failed some. I passed some. I failed more than I passed. And my passing wasn't so great..,,average scores.

It was shameful for me. I mean looking at the streak of fame I enjoyed from my premedical year to my preclinical years, it was sufficient to say the mighty had indeed fallen.
I was reading, I was studying- at least I thought so. But my scores were bad. You know med school....once you have bad scores, it means you aren't reading.

My problem wasn't the reading. My problem was that I took so many things for granted. I wasn't disciplined with time. I wasn't consistent. I pulled in more reading time when tests was announced than during normal days, I'll just read a little or I'll go to sleep hoping to wave my normal magic wand. Some weeks, I'll be high on stuff , other times I'll slack. I wasn't consistent.

This went on for a while, and like the biblical prodigal son, I came back to my senses. I saw the damage I did to myself. I saw that I was disappointing not only myself, but my colleagues who at a time, looked up to me. Most importantly, I learnt - that passing in med school has little to do with pedigree and everything to do with hardwork, more hardwork and more hard work.

Also, I learnt that in working hard, you have to work smart. Slowly, I learnt the art of consistency. Everything about medicine became important. I increased my reading time. I became more attentive in class. Every second became important.

It wasn't late. I was lucky. I still am. I learnt my lessons. Some of us aren't interested in just passing. We want to pass and be found among the stars.

For those of you still warming your feet to enter med school, or for those of you who have- don't just be interested in success stories. Learn from those who made mistakes and avoid making same mistakes. I repeat avoid making mistakes. You may not be lucky.
Good luck.

Wow!.. This is deeeeep, and truthful too.. I had to Munch my screen lol.. Thank you for sharing a tiny bit of your story with us, learnt a little more from you smiley
'Want to pass and be found among stars' is my favourite quote there though wink wink ..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
This wantintin love wey Esther and Lomaxx dey do here.. Errrm make I just carry stool for corner dey observe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
hmmmm

Hey sis!.. When is your pume?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
lol
cn sm1 gt me a pin coz my head wana burstsmiley

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote
author=joeydozzy]

premed- 1st year

preclinical - 2nd and 3rd Uttar

yes, there's nysc and NOPE, don't be scared of cadavers. They're dead
and they're being made use for learning process. You no wan
learn?[/quote]i wan learn na,tnx sha,cnt wait 2 gt theresmiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
oluafolabi: This
wantintin love wey Esther and Lomaxx dey do here.. Errrm make I just
carry stool for corner dey observe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ..

*blushin*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
oluafolabi: Hey sis!.. When is your pume?
postponed indefinitelysad
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Qassy4all: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
oluafolabi:

Proudly Uite wink ... You are welcome sir smiley smiley
sir ke!...am just a small boy..anyway,how has bin ur classes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:29am On Aug 01, 2013
Happy new month 2 u all.I am tired of diz strike ooooo,my abode is not conducive 4 studying,hop 2 return back 2 skul b4 d middle of this month.@ lomaxx,Gud write up,more power 2 ur elbows.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hillsnite(m): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2013
Happy new month to you all...I thank d Most High d race is almost won..Unilag,Cmul..here i come.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Wow! Things are happening real fast here, to the bosses in the house thanks for your words of encourage, to the aspirants, we shall get there IJN. To the toasters, abeg I dey watch in 3D carry go. One of the things I love about this thread is the way it makes everything seem so easy, integrating everybody into one level, making us understand the task ahead, and guiding us to avoid the pitfalls in Med school, up Medicos!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2013
Qassy4all: sir ke!...am just a small boy..anyway,how has bin ur classes

Lol.. Nobody is small jare.. Classes were ohk.. Before the strike started sad .. Plus it's soo difficult to read at home..sad sad sad
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2013
Happy new month to everyone.. God bless you all smiley smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2013
Nice thread.
I am in! grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by imsuboi(m): 11:28am On Aug 01, 2013
[size=40pt] PROUDLY IMSUTH! [/size]

I hope you guys are preparing for the FECAMDS Convention being hosted by my beloved school coming up this month smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
Nice thread.
I am in! grin
xup, are u still in ABU RX?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 4:37am On Aug 02, 2013
#me@:

xup, are u still in ABU RX?
still?lol
Yes. 300l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2013
lomaxx:

Good luck.
wow!!! What a great post, i will like u to give me ur phone number, i'm a medical aspirant. U can b helping me with some tips.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 8:52am On Aug 02, 2013
m.esther96:
qwestn 4 medicos
are u an aspirant or a medical student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2013
imsu.boi:
[size=40pt] PROUDLY IMSUTH! [/size]

I hope you guys are preparing for the FECAMDS Convention being hosted by my beloved school coming up this month smiley
pls whats the meaning of FECAMDS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by imsuboi(m): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2013
Joeprince2nd: pls whats the meaning of FECAMDS?

Federation of Catholic Medical and Dental Students
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:47am On Aug 02, 2013
Joeprince2nd: are u an aspirant or a medical student?
aspirant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
House is not conducive for study at all. I just dey sleep kulakula and movie too dey distract. ANy prescription dat can be of help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.