Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,369 members, 7,971,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:43 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1940495 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: damn!....i missd d point(remorse mood).....sorry boss if u were offended in anyway...tanx
we are good bro grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: @great medicos,What is Hematuria?,Uremia occurs where?,which vitamin is responsible for hair growth?,what is osteoporosis?.....#racking my brain for questions#

hematuria- blood in urine. more like Rbcs in urine. it's indicated in values of >5RBCs/hpf

uremia occurs in blood. It's azotemia with clinical symptoms

Vitamin A I think. Not sure

osteoporosis na k-leg grin. deficiency in active vit D

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
we are good bro grin grin
dats nice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
pharmacy
dts gr8! Am an aspirant for MBBS.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Jewel Bukky: dts gr8! Am an aspirant for MBBS.
thanks wish you the best.
joeydozzy:

hematuria- blood in urine. more like Rbcs in urine. it's indicated in values of >5RBCs/hpf

lol. Vitamin A is for good eye sight. U no remember those peak milk adverts? cheesy
I think it's c
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
thanks wish you the best.lol. Vitamin A is for good eye sight. U no remember those peak milk adverts? cheesy
I think it's c

grin grin I try na
I know vitamin c is for collagen synthesis. Can't remember keratin synthesis

Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:16am On Aug 03, 2013
joeydozzy:

dats gud,bro....osteoporosis simply means porous bones due to lack of vit.D,hair growth is by vitamin C and uremia is a disease of d kidney....#i hail d docs in d house o#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: dats gud,bro....osteoporosis simply means porous bones due to lack of vit.D,hair growth is by vitamin C and uremia is a disease of d kidney.

Uremia is a an impairment in renal function

You asked where it's found. That's blood undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2013
joeydozzy:

Uremia is a an impairment in renal function

You asked where it's found. That's blood undecided
i offer an apology 4 dat,boss..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: i offer an apology 4 dat,boss..

no need for apologies

We're all learning. I just learnt some from you smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2013
Mcslize:

2009 Jamb 232, 2010 Jamb 236, 2011 Jamb 245, 2012 Jamb 196, 2013 Jamb 219.

Post Jamb 55, 50, 62, nil, 62 respectively

i read text Books, Modern Biology, New school chemistry, Lamland series Bio and Chem. Past Jamb questions.

2011 I was given Animal and Environmental Biology but refuse to do clearance. Thats same year someone got that Med surg with 50 for post ume.

At present I am studying Biomedical engineering TECHNOLOGY in UBTH benin city. I am even writing my project now. And I am writing my last exam by this August to round off The ND
program.

I spent all the time reading for my post ume and it is now I am reading for my final ND exam.

I believe I will be given the Med this time around.

I will be coming here with the testimony soon

OK. Good luck. I await your testimony
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Simplefemo(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2013
Mcslize:

2009 Jamb 232, 2010 Jamb 236, 2011 Jamb 245, 2012 Jamb 196, 2013 Jamb 219.

Post Jamb 55, 50, 62, nil, 62 respectively

i read text Books, Modern Biology, New school chemistry, Lamland series Bio and Chem. Past Jamb questions.

2011 I was given Animal and Environmental Biology but refuse to do clearance. Thats same year someone got that Med surg with 50 for post ume.

At present I am studying Biomedical engineering TECHNOLOGY in UBTH benin city. I am even writing my project now. And I am writing my last exam by this August to round off The ND
program.

I spent all the time reading for my post ume and it is now I am reading for my final ND exam.

I believe I will be given the Med this time around.

I will be coming here with the testimony soon
With 62 as aggregate, you can get Medicine and surgery in uniben.
It depends on general performance and number of candidate that apply for your course of choice.
I could remember vividly that they used 63 as cutoff mark for medicine in 2010.
Wish you well in your pursuit.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2013
lomaxx:

OK. Good luck. I await your testimony

My mind flashed back to 2012 in my ND1 2nd semester. I entererd one of the lecture Hall. A Medical students from the University of Benin I have never seen before call me and told me that he will not be around to congratulate me when I gain my admission into Med cuz he will have graduated . I looked at him with dismay and ask how did u know that am aspiring to study Med? Cuz I hav not met him before. He laughed. That was when I know that God has a surprise for me.

I have never seen him at any time et alone told him about what I wanna study. That was the first time. Anoda one saw me and was telling me the Local Government I am from. But was really in Hurry that day and couldn't wait to ask how he knew my Local Government and was actually trying to tell me something like a testimony.

My Boss , I am gonna bookmark this page as a reference when I have gotten what am looking for this year.

Thanks for wishing me success
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:41am On Aug 03, 2013
glowin2shyn: wowww....looks like the house has been infested with love bugs 10k heavens m wraped with love-quito net wink ...yeah ,,ASUU strike cann make one relax...buh u'd just have to discipline urself..just take it that ur in school and exam is a week away.. If i'm permitted ,lemme just tease my fellow 150 lvl medics with these ?s: physics:at what angle is maximum shift experienced in compton's effect? The minimum frequency needed to emmit a photoelectron is called? Zoology:eukaryotic cells have DNA that is compexed with a protein called.......... The hormone responsible for negative feedback mechanism in spermatogenesis is called? Another name for lutenising hormone is.... Organic chemistry:what reagent can be used to differentiate benzaldehyde and formaldehyde.......RCONH2 is the general formular for what group of compounds?RCONH2 plus HONO would give......
RCONH2 is acid amides
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2013
hello docs , i officially enter this thread
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2013
Nobody is asking of me again cry embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta: Nobody is asking of me again cry embarassed
we have u in mind na.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 10:58am On Aug 03, 2013
kwakayekaa: hello docs , i officially enter this thread
u are welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta: Nobody is asking of me again cry embarassed
lol,aw u?wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Obinnau: u are welcome.
tankz.....are u in unizik
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2013
kwakayekaa: tankz.....are u in unizik
no.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
m.esther96:
lol,aw u?wink

Bored, I need a girlfriend
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
@lagusta, Lol, like seriously?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta:

erm erm,talk 2 alutawink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
m.esther96:
erm erm,talk 2 alutawink
c'mmon, u arnt bad urself, trust me. cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsey: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
while osteomalacia is softening of bone, osteoporosis is loss of bony tissue leading to brittleness..uremia is urea in blood which is an indication of kidney failure
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
m.esther96:
erm erm,talk 2 alutawink

She has followed Dr lomaxx.

All the pretty ladies have followed dr lomaxx cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2013
This toasting of a thing don dey get somehow o.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta:

hehehehehe..... jealous
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta:

seriously?

Don't tell me u don't have a girlfriend in ur School. What level are u now?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lagusta:

lol,all dose nurses 4 ya hospital nkowink?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
#me@:

c'mmon, u arnt bad urself, trust me. cheesy
im engagedwink

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.