Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:34 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1940491 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
1 of d derivates of carboxylic acids RCOOH is amides formed by d removal of d hydroxyl group and d addition of amino group NH2,forming RCONH2,XO D ANSWER IS AMIDE NOT ACID AMIDES.@glowinshyn,1 of d answer 2 ur question is THRESHOLD FREQUENCY..........AW ur end glowinshyn.@dr lagusta,lomaxx,aluta,esther,d best doc,gboy and joeydozzy and d rest I DEY HAIL U OOOOOOO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 04, 2013
kalimera101: Hello people.
Please am supposed to be in my finals in forestry and wildlife at uniben. Well thanks to d strike that's on hold. I intend to apply to unilag or Ui for medicine. Well I'll be graduating with 1st class, so wat's my chance of getting admission in any of the two. Am confused with which one I should put in as 1st choice. Please this is a troubling delima. Although I really want unilag but they are strict, do I have any chance at any. Ahhhhh!!! Mendouksai!!! It's so annoying. So help me out. I really appreciate any comment.

If you're able to make it with a 1st class and you're sure that course gives direct entry into medicine, then, u're good to go! As per uni, i'll say go for UI as 1st choice, maybe because I kinda lyk the school sha. cool GOOD LUCK!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 04, 2013
aliandro: 1 of d derivates of carboxylic acids RCOOH is amides formed by d removal of d hydroxyl group and d addition of amino group NH2,forming RCONH2,XO D ANSWER IS AMIDE NOT ACID AMIDES.@glowinshyn,1 of d answer 2 ur question is THRESHOLD FREQUENCY..........AW ur end glowinshyn.@dr lagusta,lomaxx,aluta,esther,d best doc,gboy and joeydozzy and d rest I DEY HAIL U OOOOOOO

Boss, thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 1:59am On Aug 04, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Thought amides are derivatives of carboxylic acid

guess he doesnt want to throw the acid away(all join) tongue
Well, all join ngbayen.. 8-)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 6:48am On Aug 04, 2013
aliandro: 1 of d derivates of carboxylic acids RCOOH is amides formed by d removal of d hydroxyl group and d addition of amino group NH2,forming RCONH2,XO D ANSWER IS AMIDE NOT ACID AMIDES.@glowinshyn,1 of d answer 2 ur question is THRESHOLD FREQUENCY..........AW ur end glowinshyn.@dr lagusta,lomaxx,aluta,esther,d best doc,gboy and joeydozzy and d rest I DEY HAIL U OOOOOOO

*returns hailing*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheven: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2013
Reading on points. Frm nursing to medicine. Lord silence my labour with favour. I just have to read for a full whole one year again. Medicine @OAU, this is my final shot on you. But then, will nursing ever improve in Nigeria?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2013
joshuapharm: Didn't know the thread was for only med students... #okbye
pulls him back with a thick long rope..#praparaprapra
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2013
joshuapharm: Didn't know the thread was for only med students... #okbye

BYE! tongue tongue tongue
You need transport fare
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

You need transport fare

You were meancry

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
#me@:

pulls him back with a thick long rope..#praparaprapra
*laughs* cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

You need transport fare
smh.. :/

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
u can actually choose both unilag and ui and put unilag as 1st choice cos ui accepts 2nd choice....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EllyBrainyTM: 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

You need transport fare
that was Mean and unnecessary

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
that was Mean and unnecessary
actually that was just funny..i dont c any iota of meaness here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Question:the normal rbc count is 4-6 million per cu mm while wbc count is 11,000per cu mm yet the bone marrow contains 500times more wbc-producing myeloid series dan dat of rbc(precisely about 75% wbc and 25% rbc). Explain how or why it is so
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheven: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
saheven: Reading on points. Frm nursing to medicine. Lord silence my labour with favour. I just have to read for a full whole one year again. Medicine @OAU, this is my final shot on you. But then, will nursing ever improve in Nigeria?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hey peeps! If you want to study abroad, especially in Ukraine, visit
www.abroadstudyconsult.com wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
Saxophemsy: Question:the normal rbc count is 4-6 million per cu mm while wbc count is 11,000per cu mm yet the bone marrow contains 500times more wbc-producing myeloid series dan dat of rbc(precisely about 75% wbc and 25% rbc). Explain how or why it is so

*scratches head*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Saxophemsy: Question:the normal rbc count is 4-6 million per cu mm while wbc count is 11,000per cu mm yet the bone marrow contains 500times more wbc-producing myeloid series dan dat of rbc(precisely about 75% wbc and 25% rbc). Explain how or why it is so

1) Lifespan. RBC - 120 days. WBC : 6- 8 hours. So WBC have a lower lifespan.

2) Also, unlike red blood cells which only circulate, white blood cells are not only found in circulating blood. A good number are in the tissues doing their job. And this number you can't count.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
joshuapharm: Acid amide ke Na ordinary amide...
Amide
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Question: D-glucose reacts with mild and strong oxidizing agents to give ----and----respectively?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Question:Glucose reacts with phenylhydrazine to give ---?
How does primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols react to lucas reagent.
What is absolute alcohol?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
charleymed: Question: D-glucose reacts with mild and strong oxidizing agents to give ----and----respectively?

gluconic and glucuronic acids?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
joeydozzy:

gluconic and glucuronic acids?
Gluconic yes, but glucuronic oops try again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote
author=aliandro]1 of d derivates of carboxylic acids RCOOH is amides
formed by d removal of d hydroxyl group and d addition of amino group
NH2,forming RCONH2,XO D ANSWER IS AMIDE NOT ACID AMIDES.@glowinshyn,1 of
d answer 2 ur question is THRESHOLD FREQUENCY..........AW ur end
glowinshyn.@dr lagusta,lomaxx,aluta,esther,d best doc,gboy and joeydozzy
and d rest I DEY HAIL U OOOOOOO[/quote]*kisses im*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
charleymed: Gluconic yes, but glucuronic oops try again.
Glucaric acid
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuapharm(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Saxophemsy: actually that was just funny..i dont c any iota of meaness here
Issorai...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saxophemsy: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
charleymed: Question: D-glucose reacts with mild and strong oxidizing agents to give ----and----respectively?
aldonic acid and saccharic acid
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls as an oau aspirant, what are the recommendd textbks for 100l...plannin to study med. Wud appreciate ur reply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
bimpearl: Pls as an oau aspirant, what are the recommendd textbks for 100l...plannin to study med. Wud appreciate ur reply
lamlad first yr physics,Abass chemistry and tropical zoology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Absolute alcohol is prepared industrially by a azeotropic distillation.weight of 99.5%

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.