Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,509 members, 7,947,997 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (860) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1921188 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2022
Vegan99:
Unical's clinical student are not affected by the strike.
I laugh you. Say only what you're sure of.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Hope na A1 full your 5 core subject and at least 320+. Unilag is cruel
I swear, thinking of changing institution sef..my current aggregate is 77.5 which I doubt it's enough with 83, 82,84 flying around...I don't want what happened last year to repeat itself
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

I swear, thinking of changing institution sef..my current aggregate is 77.5 which I doubt it's enough with 83, 82,84 flying around...I don't want what happened last year to repeat itself

I am not trying to discourage you o. I am advising you as my younger brother. If you are not from catchment.. please change school. The last time UNILAG used this method was in 2016 and the cutoff was 79. There are many people with 5A1s in their waec both the ones who wrote themselves and the ones who used miracle centres. 320+ with this kind of result will have a cumulative of 90%. Using the 50/50 method that was used in 2016. (or was the method changed)

Someone with 300 and with 5A1s has 87.5 marks already. I predict an 87 cut off I might be wrong. The choice is yours bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

I am not trying to discourage you o. I am advising you as my younger brother. If you are not from catchment.. please change school. The last time UNILAG used this method was in 2016 and the cutoff was 79. There are many people with 5A1s in their waec both the ones who wrote themselves and the ones who used miracle centres. 320+ with this kind of result will have a cumulative of 90%. Using the 50/50 method that was used in 2016. (or was the method changed)

Someone with 300 and with 5A1s has 87.5 marks already. I predict an 87 cut off I might be wrong. The choice is yours bro.
Which school can one change to ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

Which school can one change to ?
Whats your utme score?

Depending on your score you can try uniport,unical, Uniben has released form already, or UI depend on your score and willingness to read for post utme!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Vitamin17:
I need advice now like maddd. ASUU strike is driving me crazyy. UI is my first choice but ASUU strike is delaying things here should I wait or put in any available school here? Jamb score is 351. Or make I just learn work de wait sad
Leave it at UI. All you need to score is 74 and above and you are in. For you to get 351. Getting 75+ will not be a big deal. Your aggregate will be 81.375 and you'll beat the cut off as I don't see it exceeding 80. Good luck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Whats your utme score?

Depending on your score you can try uniport,unical, Uniben has released form already, or UI depend on your score and willingness to read for post utme!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

UI - if you can score 85 of the 100 questions

Uniport- if you don't mind the 4 core subject and some mathematics in post utme score is over 400. If you get 280+ in think you are good to go

Unical- same as uniport. But I will rate uniport transparency above unical though.
Choice is yours. I wish you well this time around
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Uniport- if you don't mind the 4 core subject and some mathematics in post utme score is over 400. If you get 280+ in think you are good to go

Unical- same as uniport. But I will rate uniport transparency above unical though.
Omo unilag fall my hands with no post utme This year, it's well sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

I'd have loved UI sha .. let's see how it goes 85+ ?
what's the nature of their questions?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

I'd have loved UI sha .. let's see how it goes 85+ ?
what's the nature of their questions?

Normal utme combo

Phy-25
Bio-25
Chemistry-25
English-25

Total= 100 marks

Time 1 hr 30 minutes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Very good advice. But take note uniport has stopped selling her post utme form
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OfrimaSource: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Clinton39:

Very good advice. But take note uniport has stopped selling her post utme form

The portal for uniport's 2022/2023 post utme registration is still open
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Porpulace: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2022
SF123:
Greetings the amiable citizens of this great forum: my question goes like this.

1)Why is medicine and surgery termed as the hardest course to study in the university.
2)At what point does studying medicine and surgery becomes complex and complicated
3)Apart from 100level where physics, chemistry and biology correlated with other advanced and G.S courses are done, is it still applicable in medical school till convocation/induction/graduation
4)How broad is studying medicine and surgery
5)Is mathematics/calculation mostly involved in medical school or studying medicine and surgery i.e what should it be like
6)Why is it that every science student wants or have keen interest in studying medicine and surgery?...and what makes it unique; even from other courses available......( a lots of question is still on the way) ALL OPINIONS IS APPRECIATED

We will atempt question 2 today

2) It can become complex from day one. However, since 100 level is mostly made up of things you did in O'Level, plus GS Courses, 100 Level should be the easiest.

200-300Level- Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology
400Level- Pathology and Pharmacology
500 Level- Pediatrics, Obs & Gynae, plus/minus Community Medicine
600 Level- Medicine, Surgery, plus/minus Community Medicine

Each of the above courses is quite big and can be quite challenging.

200 Level is challenging for many because that's the first time they are coming in contact with such volume of things to read. Biochemistry too can be very challenging because of a lot of pathways to know about.

The problem with Pathology is the volumes especially Histopathology.

Pediatrics can be a bit challenging clerking and examing children. Paediatrics 4th MBBS exam can be a bit tricky and some of the examiners will not smile with you especially when you start getting it wrong.

Comm Med seems to be the easiest in final year because you can reason out a lot of things. It is the social aspect of Medicine. Plus people there are quite nice and most times just want you to pass.

It is really different strokes for different folks. Some folks who struggled so much in 200/300 Level may start finding things easier in higher classes. Some other folks who breezed through 2nd MB easily may start struggling when they get to the clinical classes.

We've put together a guide on how to pass your medical school exams, with tips here and there.

You can check it out here:

https://porpulace.com.ng/mbbs-in-nigeria/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
@PORPULACE...thank you for this wonderful piece, i really appreciate you chief.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EINSTEINUCHE(m): 7:02am On Oct 09, 2022
Please what is the toughness course in medical schooi?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2022
EINSTEINUCHE:
Please what is the toughness course in medical schooi?
Chop bread leave label

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 3:41am On Oct 10, 2022
Munonyealvan
dusin125
owoukoUrua

Thanks bosses for ur advice smiley
God bless u guys here keeping this thread alive cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 3:41am On Oct 10, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Chop bread leave label
what?? grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 3:43am On Oct 10, 2022
See this my mentor
Congrats in advance boss wink
Vitamin17:
I need advice now like maddd. ASUU strike is driving me crazyy. UI is my first choice but ASUU strike is delaying things here should I wait or put in any available school here? Jamb score is 351. Or make I just learn work de wait sad
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waramiedema63: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2022
Is doctor of optometry program a good course to study
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezeknov(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2022
Hello...

Is abu post utme out?

I've a brother who scored 202 and wants to study medicine in abu... Right no he's depressed...i just want to know if he can continue to write post utme or rewrite another jamb?

I saw a post by lagusta on the first page of the thread...so is true one can go for nursing and come back to do medicine? Is it not year's wasted?

And how exactly is the PROCESS?.
should he go for nursing then come back to do medicine? Or rewrite jamb? His olevels is pretty good for medicine 1As, 2Bs, and 2Cs....

I will be grateful for any one who ans all this final year questions above...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please would an aggregate of 83.6 be safe for UNILAG medicine?

Considering the possibility that many people would have high aggregates due to the exemption of post UTME this year, how relatively well is this score?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonyStark2:
Hello everyone.

Please would an aggregate of 83.6 be safe for UNILAG medicine?

Considering the possibility that many people would have high aggregates due to the exemption of post UTME this year, how relatively well is this score?

No the cut off will be 87 or greater quote me after they release cut offs.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

No the cut off will be 87 or greater quote me after they release cut offs.

Thanks for the validation.

Thought so already that it'd be on the high side.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lolabam(f): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonyStark2:

Thanks for the validation.

Thought so already that it'd be on the high side.
Are you from a catchment state?
Cos that can help too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Lolabam:

Cos that can help too

Yeah I am.

But a reduction of 1 to 2 points is all they get.

Considering last year's cut off was 81 (even with post utme; might be simple enough, though), I am not really sure it's going to hover down to 83 ish.

I'm not being conclusive, though, inputs are still welcomed.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Lolabam:

Cos that can help too
Hey boss
I need ur help on something..pls check the jamb thread let's connect
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2022
TonyStark2:

Yeah I am.

But a reduction of 1 to 2 points is all they get.

Considering last year's cut off was 81 (even with post utme; might be simple enough, though), I am not really sure it's going to hover down to 83 ish.

I'm not being conclusive, though, inputs are still welcomed.
stay optimistic bro..
Your aggregate is really good and u're even from catchment,just trust God for your admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:36am On Oct 11, 2022
ezeknov:
Hello...

Is abu post utme out?

I've a brother who scored 202 and wants to study medicine in abu... Right no he's depressed...i just want to know if he can continue to write post utme or rewrite another jamb?

I saw a post by lagusta on the first page of the thread...so is true one can go for nursing and come back to do medicine? Is it not year's wasted?

And how exactly is the PROCESS?.
should he go for nursing then come back to do medicine? Or rewrite jamb? His olevels is pretty good for medicine 1As, 2Bs, and 2Cs....

I will be grateful for any one who ans all this final year questions above...
What state is your brother from?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezeknov(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
horpeyemmi66:

What state is your brother from?

You mean where he comes from?/
Kogi.

Where he lives Abuja
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
ezeknov:

You mean where he comes from?/
Kogi.

Where he lives Abuja
He might want to consider going for another University. Students from Kogi state are usually a lot vying for a place at ABU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.