Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,093 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:17 PM

What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (16571 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / Which Verse(s) In The Bible/Quaran Do You Love The Most? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by cdamsel(f): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Couldn't finish reading d 1st page,bt its funny hw pple ve a fav VS/ch in d bible.yet our characters neva reflect d word.talk is cheap.I want 2 c dis fav Vs/ch translating 2 good deeds
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by preeky: 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ruth1:16 Your people shall be my people and your God shall be my God
Matthew 19:26 "With God all things are possible"
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by 4ifyomedon(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
The whole of Psalm 92
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by arogbowei: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
Phillipians 4:6,7.  Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Whymee: 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mathew 3-17

English Standard Version (©2001)
and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

John 5-37

"And the Father himself, who sent Me, has testified of me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form"

If Jesus says no one has ever heard the voice of God the Father, I may as well close this article right here. But wait! Does this scripture really say that? Does Jesus actually mean that the Father's voice has never been heard by human ears?

Compare.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by akunjohn(m): 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
Psalm 121 vs 1, 'i will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,from whence cometh my help....
Isaiah 8 vs 10,'take counsel together and it shall come to nought;speak the word,andit shall not stand:for Godis with us'.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by F00028: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hear o Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord
mark 12:29
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by aikorodo(m): 3:52am On Sep 17, 2012
..mine is d place dat reminds us dat bornagain is not by word of mouth but by ur actions. It goes like this... For they shall see ur good works and glorify ur father in heaven.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by patrickmuf(m): 4:01am On Sep 17, 2012
Psalm 91 is just so assuring...Read it every time i feel threatened
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Gepheral: 5:13am On Sep 17, 2012
1 John 3:8
----> He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth
from the beginning. For this
purpose the Son of God was
manifested, that he might
destroy the works of the devil.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by HisMajesty1(m): 6:38am On Sep 17, 2012
Mine are Hebrew 6:18 ''That by two immutable things in which it is impossible for God to tell a lie....
Also Hebrew 10:31 ''It is a fearful thingg to fall into the hands of the Living God''...... Love this passages.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by FOLLEY20(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2012
k2039: Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
I want 2 add 1Timothy 6:6-7 that says: "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into d world, & we can take nothing out of it."
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by JimmyBoy1: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2012
Numbers 23:19 -God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by dyabman(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2012
1 john 2 : 15-17
love not the world ,neither the things that are in the world. if any man love the world ,the love of the father is not in him.
for all that is in the world ,the lust of the flesh ,and the lust of the eyes ,and the pride of life ,is not of the father ,but is of the world.
And the world passeth away ,and the lust thereof : but he that doeth the will of GOD abideth for ever.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by yindil: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2012
1 thess 4:11. Make it ur ambtion to lead a quite life,
To mind ur own business just as we told u, so that u
Will wn the respect of outsiders n not be dependant on anybody!
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by tayoast(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2012
The entire Matthew Chapter 6. Says everything about modesty
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by vanstanzy(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2012
cdamsel: Couldn't finish reading d 1st page,bt its funny hw pple ve a fav VS/ch in d bible.yet our characters neva reflect d word.talk is cheap.I want 2 c dis fav Vs/ch translating 2 good deeds

Good deeds and not evil deeds. Unfortunately, evil deeds are very easy but not good deeds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by TalkingBird: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2012
wandeay: Look! How good and how pleasant it is for
brothers to dwell together in unity!—Ps. 133:1.

And

Throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU-1 Peter 5:7.

A familiar voice! Ha
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by anyerhovwo(f): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
Psalms 27: 10. In case my own father and mother did leave me, Even Jehovah himself would take me up.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by kumar101(f): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
prov 17 vs 17
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by goofie: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
let anyone that thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. 1 Corin 10:12
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by mboma(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
proverb 30:7-9.....two thing i have require of you; do not hold back from me before i die.....
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by TalkingBird: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
anyerhovwo: Psalms 27: 10. In case my own father and mother did leave me, Even Jehovah himself would take me up.

A familiar voice! Ha

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by TalkingBird: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
(2 Timothy 3:16, 17) 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

(Romans 15:4) 4 For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by gbanga02: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
REVELATION 21:3-5, AISAHA 65:21 - 25
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by TalkingBird: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
gbanga02: REVELATION 21:3-5, AISAHA 65:21 - 25

^^^^^
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Buchianom(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Psalm 91
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by 46arcadez(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
John 3:16
dis is d number of hope
HE love us
HE gave us
We bliv
We live
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by alienvirus: 1:29am On Sep 18, 2012
[b]Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which
would not that I should reign over
them, bring hither, and slay them
before me."
Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the
earth, and how I wish it were
already kindled!
Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come
to bring peace to the earth. I did
not come to bring peace, but a
sword."
2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like
unthinking animals, creatures of
instinct, born to be caught and
destroyed. They scoff at things
they do not understand, and like
animals, they will be destroyed."
John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords,
and drove all from the temple
area, both sheep and cattle; he
scattered the coins of the money
changers and overturned their
tables.
Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed.
Happy is the one who pays you back
for what you have done to us.Happy
is the one who takes your babies
and smashes them against the
rocks!
Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked,
O God: Depart from me therefore,
ye bloodthirsty men. For they
speak against thee wickedly, And
thine enemies take (thy name) in
vain. Do not I hate them, O
Jehovah, that hate thee? And am
not I grieved with those that rise
up against thee? I hate them with
perfect hatred: They are become
mine enemies."
Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come
to bring peace to the earth. I did
not come to bring peace, but a
sword."
Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if
you have a purse, take it, and
also a bag; and if you don't have
a sword, sell your cloak and buy
one, " The disciples said, "See,
Lord, here are two swords." "That
is enough," he replied.
Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man
against his father, a daughter
against her mother, a daughter-in-
law against her mother-in-law—
Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo,
and what constraint I am under
until it is completed! 51 Do you
think I came to bring peace on
earth? No, I tell you, but
division. 52 From now on there
will be five in one family divided
against each other, three against
two and two against three. 53 They
will be divided, father against
son and son against father, mother
against daughter and daughter
against mother, mother-in-law
against daughter-in-law and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-
law.”
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by Nuezha(m): 6:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Prov 27:7
The full soul loatheth the honeycomb; to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by berthaaugustin: 6:54am On Sep 18, 2012
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Re: What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? by SparklesK(f): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2012
mine is Psalms 16 v 6: ' The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea I hv a goodly heritage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.