Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,562 members, 7,948,165 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? (636 Views)

Sins Against The Holy Spirit / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Examples Of Those Sins Against D Holy Ghost That Are Unforgiveable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
I know our Christian faith has taught us that we can also sin through our thoughts....For example Jesus in the bible lets us know that when lust after a woman through our thoughts it's more or less the same as having sex with her in reality.
But my question is will God on the judgement day judge our thoughts too and count them as sins against us?
Can a good man go to hell because of the kind of things he thinks about?
Re: Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? by k2039: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Romans 2:16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil

Jeremiah 17 verses 9-11

9-10 “The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful,
a puzzle that no one can figure out.
But I, God, search the heart
and examine the mind.
I get to the heart of the human.
I get to the root of things.
I treat them as they really are,
not as they pretend to be.”
11 Like a cowbird that cheats by laying its eggs
in another bird’s nest
Is the person who gets rich by cheating.
When the eggs hatch, the deceit is exposed.
What a fool he’ll look like then!

Re: Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? by annyplenty(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
A person can be found unworthy before GOD due to his thoughts.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer (Ps 19:14)

If you discover your heart is thinking evil, quickly repent and pray that God should help you guide and purge your heart from evil.

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Cross Over Services / 2015: There ‘ll Be Grave Consequences For Nigeria If Jonathan Runs / Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? See Proof From The Life Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.