Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,893 members, 7,969,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:55 PM

Mourhino Taunts M'city,says Madrid Is Incomparable. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourhino Taunts M'city,says Madrid Is Incomparable. (696 Views)

Costa Taunts Man City: Provoke Me And I'll Score / Essien For Madrid? Is It A Wise Deal For Chelsea?? / Real Madrid Is In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourhino Taunts M'city,says Madrid Is Incomparable. by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2012
Jose
Mourinho
has taunted Manchester
City before the club’s Champions
League battle with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on Tuesday evening, declaring that, while Roberto Mancini’s side may currently be winning trophies, no other club can compare when it comes to Madrid’s glittering past. The Portuguese coach is well-known for his mind games, and his latest comments could be seen as an attempt to protect his side should it struggle in the opening group stage game against the star additions at City. “There are some things that money can’t buy – trophies and history,” he told The Sun. “Real Madrid is Real Madrid, it’s the real thing. A club no football result, no cup
competition, no coach, no player can ever change. Quite simply Real Madrid is a club like no other. It’s incomparable with any other club in the world. There is no team anywhere that can be compared with Real
Madrid. None.” Mourinho contrasted the outlook of both clubs, suggesting that while City’s owners will be desperate to announce themselves on the global stage with a Champions League crown, the pressure on him to deliver one at Madrid is tempered by the club’s huge past trophy haul. “This (City) is a team being created to lift the Champions League, that’s their aim,” he said. “A lot of top managers and clubs have never won a Champions League. So if I have won it twice and Real have won it a record nine times… well we should say ‘Thanks to God’. And if a third comes for me and a 10th title comes for Real Madrid this season – amazing. “We will accept it all with a smile. But there is no pressure on us. There is no obsession to win it here. There are great clubs but the pressure and the expectation is the greatest here at Real Madrid. It is huge but it is an enjoyable pressure, not a suffocating one.” Mourinho did have praise for Mancini’s team, however, describing it as “a powerful side”, and singled out Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli as City’s danger men for the tie. “I don’t like to speak about opponents individually but it’s no problem to say that we respect Carlos Tevez a lot,” the manager went on. “I also know Mario Balotelli and the player he is because we were together at Inter for two years and so he certainly has nothing to prove to m
Re: Mourhino Taunts M'city,says Madrid Is Incomparable. by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 17, 2012
D special{Only} one, at his best Mind game strategy...it mite nt neccessarily work dis tyme Bro.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Has Appointed Rafael Banitez As The New Manager / Chelsea Want To Buy Luiz Suarez For 50million Pounds By Summer / Predictions:bayern Munich Vs Dortmund - UCL Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.