Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,249 members, 7,939,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Costa Taunts Man City: Provoke Me And I'll Score - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Costa Taunts Man City: Provoke Me And I'll Score (413 Views)

Costa Vs Aguero: The Strikers Spearheading Chelsea & Man. City's Title Hopes / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Man City (3 - 2) On 18th September 2012 / Mourhino Taunts M'city,says Madrid Is Incomparable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Costa Taunts Man City: Provoke Me And I'll Score by onome710(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2014
The Spain international claims he "takes advantage" of physical match-ups and will punish defenders who rile him as the table-toppers prepare to face the Premier League champions

Chelsea striker Diego Costa has warned his rivals that he responds with goals when being provoked, ahead of his side’s showdown with Manchester City on Sunday.

The 25-year-old has scored seven goals in four matches since joining the Blues from Atletico Madrid and has seemingly adapted well to the physical nature of English football.

Costa celebrated in front of Seamus Coleman after scoring against Everton, feeling he had been provoked by the Irishman, and vowed to do the same to others.

"They go looking for it," he told The Telegraph, when asked about his altercation with Coleman.

"You’ve got to know how to manage these situations. The truth is I’m fairly relaxed. If they provoke me, I’ll score against them.  

"That happens here, it happened in Spain. Wherever I play, it’ll always be like that. It’s a perception people have of my character and people will look for any way to try to take advantage of it.

"The reality is, for the moment, that I haven’t had any really physical battles. Things have been going well. So far, I’m enjoying it."

The Spain international feels his desire to always win games means he plays with an added edge, which in turn allows him to be easily provoked, but he believes he will  never change.

"I don’t like to lose," he continued. "I think that gets noticed. It’s something that many times goes well but other times goes badly for me. I’m just like that.

"I just always try to win, to get better, do my best and it always annoys me to lose."

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Is Making Too Many Mistakes / Luis Enrique, I'm Privilage To Coach Barça / FA Cup: Manchester City Vs Burnley - Live! (4-1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.