Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,922 members, 7,924,892 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:19 AM

Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (7224 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ dayokanu,
brazil is the best team in the world because they have not failed yet to play in the world cup. brazil is the best team in the world because of the number of world class players they produce year in year out. brazil is the best team in the world because they always entertain. man utd is a better team than bayern because they have won more titles(domestic/international) than bayern munich. man utd is better than bayern because they always seem to qualify for the ucl every season. man utd is better than bayern because there's stability/financial success in the club that has made em one of the richest clubs in the world.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Jids(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2008
I hope you realise how much millions of pound united is owning, the Glazers borrow money to buy the club that is the why they have to put in their very best to be competing if not, they will be like old united ´LEEDS UUNITED
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
Jids:

I hope you realise how much millions of pound united is owning, the Glazers borrow money to buy the club that is the why they have to put in their very best to be competing if not, they will be like old united ´LEEDS UUNITED

man utd won 8 league titles before the arrival of the glazers. your point barely carries water. please come up with a better punch-line.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2008
dayo,
just answer the bloody question and stop side stepping it.
ARE NOTTINGHAM FOREST A BETTER TEAM THAN ARSENAL?
YES OR NO
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ ritchboy,
dayo will not answer that because he knows his ideas has got a glitch. his theory means aston villa, hamburg, steaua bucharest and red star belgrade are all better than chelsea and arsenal. if this is not the craziest comment on this forum, somebody better explain what insanity means.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2008
man utd is a better team than bayern because they have won more titles(domestic/international) than bayern munich. man utd is better than bayern because they always seem to qualify for the ucl every season. man utd is better than bayern because there's stability/financial success in the club that has made em one of the richest clubs in the world.
@Cougar,
By your deduction, Man Utd is better is better than Milan/ Madrid /Munich because they have won more titles?

Man Utd is better than Madrid/Milan/Munich because Man Utd always qualify for UCL while Madrid missed in 1997, Milan in 2002 and Munich in 2008.

Man Utd is better than Madrid/Milan/Munich because they are more stable over the years financially than any of them.

That means Man Utd is the best team in Europe? Just confirm before we go ahead.

The statistics below for Celtic FC might help with your conclusions

* European Cup: 1

1966-67

* Scottish Premier League: 41

1893, 1894, 1896, 1898, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1914, 1915, 1922, 1926, 1936, 1938, 1954, *1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974*, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007

*Set a then world record of nine championships in a row. This now Scottish record was equalled by Rangers in 1997.

* Scottish Cup: 34 (record)

1892, 1899, 1900, 1904, 1907, 1908, 1911, 1912, 1914, 1923, 1925, 1927, 1931, 1933, 1937, 1951, 1954, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1980, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1995, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007

* Scottish League Cup: 13

1957, 1958, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1975, 1983, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2006

Man Utd was won like 34 titles and celtic has won like 78 trophies.

@Ritchboy, A better club goes beyond your performance in a short time let Chelsea and Arsenal win things before they can be reckoned with.

Like Asking Who is better Messi or Maradona, Kaka or Pele In their own times they were the best Pele was the best in his time so was Maradona.

Notthingham Forest, Aston Villa, Steaua Bucharest and co were the best in their time and they rule Europe. Arsenal and Chelsea can not say they are the best now.

So be the best in your time that is what matters.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ dayokanu,
pls dont bring in celtic here. those are grade c leagues. bayern plays in a grade b league. lets stick to countries that are allowed to play 4 clubs in the ucl and not countries that can only play 2 or 3 clubs in the epl. celtic and porto have won more in a less competitive leagues so dont bring them in.
secondly, so u agree bayern was the best in their time? i applaud you for coming out to say that. without a doubt, bayern was the best team in the world in the mid 70s. they won the ucl in 74,75 and 76. in short, germany was the best football nation in that period cos they also won the world cup in 1974.
today, bayern is not the best so i believe we should drop the curtains on this debate. thank u!
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ Cougar,
Also man Utd was the best in 1968 and 1999, today Man Utd is not the best, the Best is Milan !!! Man Utd have only been the best twice in history.

Madrid 9 times, Milan 7 times, Munich 4 times much ahead of Man Utd That puts things into retrospect

@Cougar,
By your deduction, Man Utd is better is better than Milan/ Madrid /Munich because they have won more titles?

Man Utd is better than Madrid/Milan/Munich because Man Utd always qualify for UCL while Madrid missed in 1997, Milan in 2002 and Munich in 2008.

Man Utd is better than Madrid/Milan/Munich because they are more stable over the years financially than any of them.

That means Man Utd is the best team in Europe? Just confirm before we go ahead.

Are you responding to this?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Ritchboy, A better club goes beyond your performance in a short time let Chelsea and Arsenal win things before they can be reckoned with.

Like Asking Who is better Messi or Maradona, Kaka or Pele In their own times they were the best Pele was the best in his time so was Maradona.

you are obviously confused! how can u say asking who the better team is between arsenal and nottingham is like asking who the better player is between messi and maradona? messi is still playing competitive football,maradona retired ages ago.arsenal and nottingham are still functional clubs.
so for the last time. . . . ARE NOTTINGHAM FOREST A BETTER TEAM THAN ARSENAL?
if u don't giv me a straight answer i'm not even goin to boder to reply u,this is becoming more and more ridiculous.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2008
NOTTHINGHAM, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Man Utd are better than ARSENAL cos the UCL is the only thing I am bothered about.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Jids(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
i no say u dey laugh d time wey u dey write this nonsense about the GREATEST CLUD ARSENAL FC
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2008
dayokanu:

NOTTHINGHAM, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Man Utd are better than ARSENAL because the UCL is the only thing I am bothered about.
well, thats your own opinion which does not count. aston villa and nottingham forest better than chelsea and arsenal? i have lost the appetite to continue this debate.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2008
dayo
u would make a great clown u know?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ Richboy,
Maybe I made a mistake I am still trying to find the year Arsenal won the UCL I have searched from 1960 downwards can you show me when Arsenal won may be 18th century,
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ dayokanu,
ok. lets get serious now. i admit bayern munich is greater than arsenal. what i know is i can name 5 european clubs greater than bayern munich in europe. the clubs are a) ac milan b) barcelona c) junventus d) manchester united e) real madrid. grin grin grin grin grin there's no way any bayern munich fan can argue this fact.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2008
Cougar,
Can you give me reasons why Juventus, Man Utd and Barcelona are better than Bayern Munich?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2008
a body known as iffhs(international federation of football history and statistics) made an all-time club ranking that places barcelona as the best club in the world. man utd is 3rd and they are above ac milan, real madrid and bayern munich. i hope this link will educate and enlighten u.
http://soccerlens.com/all-time-club-rankings-according-to-iffhs/5125/
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by tkb417(m): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2008
yes, bayern is in the uefa. . ., United is playing in the UCL.
by the way, Tell Frank I. i want to see him ASAP you idiot.

Bayern will go the way of DORTMUND SOON.
AMEN!!
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Cougar,
Did you read this part of the link

In the end, despite IFFHS’s explanation for their selection criteria (see above), such a ranking is a fairly poor representation of an “All-Time” statistic. By only counting club history from 1991 onwards, IFFHS should effectively have forfeited the right to use “All-time” in their ranking terminology.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2008
i saw that part but  iffhs argued that "the period from 1872 to 1990 can only be asssessed subjectively, mostly by using national and international champions as a guide. it follows that teams placed in the individual competitions cannot be taken into consideration, even if their titles were won easily or in spite of many defeats. it is simply not possible to establish a basis for giving all participating clubs an equal opportunity for the period 1872 to 1990."
besides that, it was also mentioned that what you are looking at here, should more or less accurately reflect the teams who have dominated the world of football from 1991 to 2007. That at least, we can admit. so this is the closest ranking one can get anywhere as far as football clubs all over the world are concerned. this is an international body and not a uk based body so respect it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2008
Based on that Argument we can also disregard any competition before 1990 which means England has never won a world cup before, Germany has never won the world cup before so with Argentina. Pele, Beckenbauer, Cryuff and the greats of those time dont exist. What Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ dayokanu,
dont be a knob. this is club football and not the world cup. ranking clubs globally is more tedious as what constitutes a league in nigeria is different from what it is in england. the world cup sets team against each other in a well organised league system and knock out stages. in that manner, u cannot compare world cup competitions to club competitions. try another path. the last punch-line is weak.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2008
The UCL is the equivalent of the world cup where all clubs(Countries) from the various Confederations (leagues) e.g Concacaf, Conmebol, Caf and ASIA, come together.

No one cares who wins the local league (nations cup) e.g Copa AMerica, Euro cup, Asia cup and Nations cup.

Win the UCL(world cup) and your are king of Europe(world)
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2008
How many times has Bayern won it sef? abeg make we hear word!

before 2001 or thereabouts when they won it, when before then did they win?

After then when did they last compete to a late stage in the tourney? That simply shows they have past glory, they suck like crap now, even after all the cash spent. tongue
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2008
Bayern has won it 4 times which is more than the number of times Ass-anal has won it times 10billion

Arsenal 0 X 10 billion = 0.

Have you forgotten how Bayern drubbed Ass-anal in 2001 and in 2005? go and watch those games.

Arsenal sucks forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no past, no present and obviously no Future
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2008
So they've won it 4 times so blinking what?

They have no future outside Germany. . .save for a few pathetic losers like yourself, while the likes of Arsenal, MU, Barcelona and Madrid have huge worldwide followings. Even though Arsenal refuses to do the Asian junket tours, they still have immense fan bases over there.

Bayern lives on past glory, nothing more. No Bayern players are reckoned with for World or European player of the year.

No TOP stars except the ones desperate to leave their clubs go to Bayern, so why should anyone in their right mind even contemplate Bayern?

past glory masquerading as talent. Nottingham Forest has also won the European Cup, I guess you value them higher than Valencia too. . .Deductive reasoning has always been a stumbling block for small minded folk like you.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ debosky,
no need to go down that path. one must admit at this stage bayern munich thrives on past glory. they won the ucl in 74, 75 and 76 and then in 2001. one can deduce they were fortunate to have a golden generation in the mid 70s and they won it in succession. there's nothing to suggest that they can do a repeat performance in this modern era if u consider the fact that they won it via penalties in 2001. penalty as we all know is like national lottery. if it's not, how did liverpool eliminate chelsea in last season's ucl? petr cech in goal and he couldn't save one shot? karma is a tart. cheesy cheesy
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Debosky,

The most illogical thing to do is to compare bayern and Ass-anal what is the basis for comparison? Bring any reason why Arsenal is better than Bayern. and I would give you UCL trophies, head to head and quality of players who have worn our jersey.

If 2001 is past glory then we can assume that Real Madrid who won last live on past glory. If 1999 is in the past then Man Utd who won last in 1999 also won in the past.

Its on record that no Arsenal player has ever won any form of award before. Ribery and Luca Toni were desperate or what I dont understand your point maybe you should write in your mother tongue.

Some one won a trophy 4 times and you come here without a winners medal in your miserable history to say its trash? No wonder you are an Arsenal fan.

Tell me any particular year in the last 100 years that Arsenal was top notch in Europe, yet you complain that someone lives on past glory. Where art thou present glory clubs?

@ Cougar,
Man Utd has played the final only twice in their lifetime yet you complain some people win on penalties. I would rather play penalties throughout the knock out stage and win.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by debosky(m): 5:01am On Jan 17, 2008
I see your mania is still at work get treatment mate wink

I never said the UCL is crap, I said BAYERN IS CRAP. Its pretty obvious that they are a mid-sized fish in a small pond.

No Arsenal player has won any award before? On record? Really? In your deluded mind maybe

Thierry Henry

2 golden boots in Europe - 2004, 2005, the first player EVER to retain the award. Let me leave you to chew on that, mention any Bayern player who didn't play before you were born in the 70's who's won similar grin grin

I see you did not even try to contest the worldwide following and appeal of Arsenal, wise move. even Bolton Wanderers and Everton are better brands than Bayern. grin

Luca Toni left a corrupt and trouble filled Serie A, Ribery left a sinking ship Marseille. . . Ballack left when he knew Bayern could never exceed local champions, what more proof do you need?

You won in 2001, but without the 70's claim, you are no better than Porto! grin So in case that is too much for you to process, YES you are living on past glory, unless of course, Porto is now the creme de la creme of European Royalty.

I know its pointless going on with you, when we are playing in the Premiere tournament, with some of our DOMESTIC LEAGUE games pulling TV audiences almost in the billions and you're struggling against Bolton at home yet you can talk nonsense here. Get back to me when you have fans outside of Bavaria will ya?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2008
@debosky,
Bayern is in the same category with Porto but both of them are obviously not on Arsenals level the gap is just too far. You guys are not ashamed of yourself thats why you come here spewing rubbish.

When you guys win the UCL come and talk to me or whenever you are able to knock out Bayern in any competition.

Any time Bayern plays Arsenal its always an easy passage 2001 and 2005 are evidences just too easy our guys don't have to break any sweat.

This is an Arsenal that has only played the semi-finals just once in their entire existence. Wow I can't believe a club like that existed. Just once!!!!!

Go amass more UEFA points before you come here to talk rubbish at Bayern.

Like I said mention just one tenable ground where Arsenal is better than Bayern

You know why Thierry henry the greatest Arsenal player left He knew Arsenal is just an ambitionless club who can never win anything.

When was the last time you guys won any trophy of note. Your cabinet is so empty save for the recent Amsterdam and Emirate world cup you won!!! cheesy cheesy

No player can ever be fulfilled playing for Arsenal. A team that has only played UCL semi-finals just once
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Chukacarlo(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2008
The appoimtment of klinsman is a wellcome news,but he is going to be under a lot of pressure to deliver.I know that he can handle the pressure and i wish him the best of luck.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2008
Arsenal have been TOP seeds in the UCL for ages. . .Bayern?Those losers werent even seeded!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In other words,the likes of slavia prague are better seeded than bayern!As toshman would say. . . I'm laughing in swahili.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Things You Didn’t Know About Lionel Messi / Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy / FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.